Breaking the Barrier (Saitama...

By SpiritBloodDragon

Holy god I have horrible story descriptions forgive me Saitama and Tatsumaki: two completely different people... More

The encounter
Mosquitoes Suck
Registration
First Hero Task
The Younger Sister, and the Crowd
The House of Evolution
Baldy Backstory
The Bang that went Boom
Thank y'all super duper much!
Haze
Seafood Situation
Holy Moly
Unity
First of Many?
Break
Slaughter
Rebellion
Prophecy
Resolution
The Ruffian's "Relaxing" Resort
The Eye Before
The Storm
Who Wanted to Be / Emotions
Quick apology
Does it even count as a date?
Influence
What is this?
Humility
Dueling Patience
Admittance
Hole
Questioning
Reveal?
The Hunt (You can skip this if you want cause it's literally only plot)
Discovery
Immoral
Reveal.
Honesty
Martial Arts...They Suck
Regret
Satisfaction
Preparation
Bit More Emotion
You gave them to me, you know
Plan?
Split
Deduction
What is a monster?
Boring Battle
Chief
Spark
Climb
Despair
Heroes
Villains
Three Words
Epilogue: And so, Life Goes On.

Routine

4.9K 105 111
By SpiritBloodDragon

Howdy, it's another chapter!

And this chapter is gonna be pretty weird, because it's based upon a small bit of canon that I found interesting (and minutely funny for whatever reason, it's legitimately not funny enough to be logically funny), and because it's just written originally so it isn't based on any plot in the story. Also a piece of non-canon that I put in.

Hope this story is helping y'all through quarantine!

Lastly, this chapter is also gonna be the one is directly before the resort arc, so I'm getting ready for all that stuff.

Hope you guys enjoy!

Original Release Date: March 25, 2020

~~~~~

"Sensei! Where are you going?" I questioned, turning off the faucet and quickly taking off my apron, which was unpleasantly...kawaii for my tastes, but it was a gift from Miss Fubuki and was the only one that we had bought; Sensei never found a use for buying one for himself.

"Huh?" I heard him ask as he walked out of the living room into the hallway/kitchen section of the apartment. We hadn't gotten another home even after the alien invasion. Odd, I know. Still, it was quaint enough to be satisfactory. I feel he would agree.

"Where are you going?" I repeated.

"Oh, probably going to work out or something," he answered, making me furrow my eyebrows. I was unaware that he still worked out. I supposed I might have been ignorant, thinking that he could keep himself in peak physical form had he not continued to exercise and keep his body stimulated daily.

However...what is Sensei's true workout routine?

I knew that he had...explained...his workout routine when we had dealt with the House of Evolution, but he could not have been telling the truth then. He must have been working out in another sense, or with other augmentations. No, I doubted Sensei would have taken augmentations. That does not fit with his morality.

Then...what? What sort of intense workout had he really gone through to become as strong as he must have? Perhaps I should investigate. I could contact Fubuki or perhaps even Miss Tornado about this issue, and see if they are interested in this endeavor of mine as well.

"Hey, what's that weird face of yours?" he interrogated, furrowing his eyebrows in a bit of curiosity. "I still work out, y'know."

"It's nothing, Sensei," I attempted to assure. "Just thinking about something." Luckily, that was enough to throw him off my trail, as he just shrugged it off.

"Eh, whatever," he accepted as he put on his red boots. "I'll see ya later, Genos. See ya." At that, he exited the apartment and shut the door, at which point I had already pulled out my phone and began to dial Fubuki and Miss Tatsumaki in a conference call.

It had actually been just two days since the alien invasion, and I had heard from the Hero Association that Metal Knight had already begun plans to reconstruct City A, this time without any intention for civilian life. It was...certainly unexpected. It seemed rather redundant to have an entire city be used for a single organization's use; odd enough to do that, though especially without consideration for the families of those fallen.

"What do you need now, Cyborg?" Miss Tornado begrudgingly spoke through the phone. It appeared Fubuki was also in the call, though likely awaiting my response.

"There is something that I believe you may be interested in regarding Saitama-Sensei. Would either of you like to accompany me in this endeavor, if neither of you are particularly busy?"

I could practically hear the shark-like smirk making its way onto Fubuki's face as she urged, "Sure, why not? You're coming along too, right, Sis? There might be some more monsters that you could kill in City Z while with Saitama, right?"

"...Fine."

~~~

"So, Cyborg, what did you call me here for?" I asked impatiently, tapping my foot as I stood in Saitama's apartment. It was annoying. Not him calling us here, even though that was a bit annoying. No, it was Fubuki taking an hour to get ready and insisting that I not only come, but that we arrive together because that's more "fashionable." Yeah, right. It's a goddamn hangout, not the red carpet to the Oscars.

"Well, I recall that you were rather interested in how Sensei acquired his strength, especially after the alien invasion incident, and I thou--"

"I'm pretty sure, if I'm not blind, Sis, that Saitama jumped in front of that thing AND that world-destroying laser JUST to save you, right?"

I could feel the blush flash onto my face as I gulped, quickly denying, "Shut up! He might have, but it doesn't mean it was just for me?!" Oh, fuck it, there's no point in denying it, he probably did jump in front because of me, but that doesn't mean I have to acknowledge it.

"Well, I guess...but didn't he say he threw a serious punch? Like full power and everything?"

"W-Well, yeah! But he said that he was still holding back, and that the alien still lived a bit after that! He probably actually held back if the alien was still breathing!"

"I mean, being sent to the moon is a pretty clear reason to send a strong punch just because of somebody, right?"

Genos interrupted our conversation by putting one hand up, "I apologize, but could I continue?"

"Yeah, sure," I begrudgingly agreed.

"Thank you. As I was saying, I believe you were curious about Sensei's workout routine, and it somehow did not dawn on me that he still works out regularly. I suppose it was the first time I noticed, for whatever reason," Genos explained.

"And why did you want me here?" Fubuki questioned, curious.

Genos responded, way too casual, "Well, I suppose I thought I might be able to spend some more time with you this way." I saw Fubuki blush, definitely way more than how I did, and Genos become extremely confused with the implications of his sentence going directly over his head.

"HA!" I snickered, a smug smile on my face. "And I'M the one in romantic need?"

"What do you mean, Miss Tatsumaki? Are you also in romantic need? With whom?" Genos questioned, now incredibly curious. "I could research on how to approach a romantic partner, if you wish."

"Well, Genos, she's intere--" She had absolutely no chance of escaping me silencing her then, quickly slapping my hand over her mouth, provoking raised eyebrows from both of them.

"Shut it!" I demanded, causing a small giggle from under my hand. I had to admit, I had a really immature but satisfied smile on my face.

Maybe the Baldy's done more than he thinks he has, but I don't think I need to go over that yet.

"Well, would you keep going?" I asked, keeping my hand over Fubuki's face. "Shut it, Fubuki." She giggled again under my hand, and I sighed.

"I suppose..." Genos continued. "As I was saying, Sensei still works out, and since both of us speculated that his claimed workout routine is completely false, I believe that witnessing his actual workout routine could have positive effects and would be beneficial for us to know more about him."

I pondered over it. I guess we could, but I felt like we could do something that would be way less suspicious. The way that he put it, we might as well have just stalked him on his workout. I mean, I don't think it would really be embarrassing since City Z is practically a ghost town and since nobody's here, I guess it could work out. There was still one huge problem, one worth me taking my hand off of Fubuki's mouth, finally freeing her to speak, and putting a hand on my chin in slight confusion.

"Okay, but how are we exactly going to find him? Do you even know where he is?" I asked, my eyes narrowing as I saw gears begin turning in Genos' head. "Well, if you don't even know, how are we supposed to find him?!"

"I mean, we could probably just look for a trail of monster corpses if he's working out in City Z, which is probably the case; He probably doesn't even leave the city to workout. Why would he?" Fubuki suggested, finally taking the conversation seriously.

"Okay, then we could just search for him now and go from there," I agreed. As Genos was already ready, we just put our shoes back on and went back outside to search for the Baldy.

The moment we stepped outside, we immediately came to face with the remains of this weird kelp-like monster...or at least its remains. It looked like something that came from the Deep Sea Invasion a bit too late, and I guess Saitama must have taken care of it.

"Well, we can probably just go in that direction," I noted, pointing in the direction of the other corpses  on the street.

I hear a bunch of buzzing behind where I'm facing, and quickly turn around to see a swarm of bees flying towards us.

"Shit!" I cursed as I formed a telekinetic barrier around us with the help of Fubuki. As the last of the bees passed by, I slowly let the barrier fade as I gazed in the direction the bees were heading.

"Damn...first mosquitoes, now bees?" I lightly joke. "What next? Wasps?" I gulp after that.

"Wait. Not wasps," I slightly tensed up. I fucking hate wasps with a burning passion.

"Wait, what do you mean mosquitoes?" Fubuki questioned, putting a finger up before Genos interrupted by clearing his throat. Nice.

"Don't worry about it, Fubuki," he assured as he took a step towards the stairs. "Now, I suppose that those bees are heading for where Sensei is?"

~~~

89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, and 100.

As I got up from finishing my last pushup, I heard the familiar buzzing of insects. Damn, is that mosquito lady back or something? Will I have to go to that House of Evolution again?

Meh, it doesn't really matter. I didn't think it was the House of Evolution again anyways. They aren't able to come up with anything with that much color anyways. Sort of looks like a weird male reskin of the mosquito monster too, now that I look closer at it.

As the bee monster-thing quickly flew closer to me, I heard a really annoying cackle that sounded like Seinfeld in absolutely every movie I've ever watched in my life. Seinfeld's probably the worst celebrity now that I think about it. Not even his actions or whatever, cause I didn't really look into that.

He was just pretty boring.

"Well, well, well, looks like someone's been buzzing around our hive, boys!" The gigantic bee with annoying glasses cackled. "Baldy's brittle bones breaking? Beautiful!" What's with this annoying alliteration? Wait, did I just use alliteration? Ironic.

I blankly stared at him, which caused him to riot, "B-Buzz off! You just don't understand how bees buzz!" I blinked, confused with all the bee-related puns. Sounded oddly familiar, but I guess I couldn't place it.

"Okay, what do you want?" I sighed, feeling an inconveniently strong headache come on just from being reminded of Seinfeld. "You here to terrorize the city or something, buddy?"

"W-Well, fine, I'll tell you!" He whined impatiently. "But first, I gotta tell you my backstory!"

"I used to be an apiologist! Y'know, a person who studied bees! Barry Benson! But I didn't just study bees! I loved them! I adored them! They were everything to me! But there was a problem!" He gasped 'dramatically.'

He mourned, "The bees? They didn't understand me! So I decided to remedy the problem!

"I became a bee!" He declared, and I nodded my head, even though I had no idea what he said.

"And now, according to all known laws of aviation, a bee should now be able to fly! Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground!

"But you know what?! The bee," he cackled madly, seemingly driving towards insanity. "The bee flies anyways! Cause us bees?! We don't care what humans think is impossible!" He cackled, sounding like a mix of nails on a chalkboard, Seinfeld, and the Joker. Not Joaquin Phoenix's. Heath Ledger's. That sort of insanity.

"Yeah, yeah, spare me your life story," I yawned, quickly throwing a punch at him. To nobody's surprise except him and his bees, the punch ended him instantly, his amber-like blood instantly splattering the walls of a dirtied building.

As I turned around to find another place to get my sit-ups in, I heard three voices murmur to each other, definitely arguing.

"Shut up! We're going to get caught!" I heard a really familiar voice lecture quietly, and I slightly perked up.

"Tats? Genos? Fubuki? Is that you guys?" I asked, slightly confused. I could understand why Genos was there, but I had no clue why the other two had been there with him. I only heard more murmurs, and I knew they didn't even hear me. As I sighed, I walked over to them and cleared my throat.

"Huh?" Tatsumaki noticed, and got out of her near-rumble with the other two.

"Well, he caught us," Fubuki cursed under her breath, before perking up. "Well, Genos, we gotta head out now! See you, Sis!" With that, she grabbed Genos' hand and quickly led them away. What was that all about? Well, who knows. Guess I gotta deal with Tats first.

"What was that all about, Tats?" I asked, snapping the blushing woman out of her thoughts.

"Don't worry about it, Baldy," she nearly snapped, before taking a quick breath. "Sorry, just another of Fubuki's weird antics."

I blinked, "Is it a sister thing or something? And why'd she take Genos with her?" I scratched my head in confusion, trying to process all the stuff that just went on. She groaned, and slapped her forehead. She seemed more annoyed with them than with me, so I guess that's good for me.

"Just come with me, Baldy," she grit her teeth as she walked, prompting me to walk along with her, before coming clean. "Fine, I'll tell you." She came to a stop and whirled around to face me, furiously blushing while looking growingly frustrated.

"Genos called me over because he heard that you were going to work out and he invited us over to 'see if we could learn more about how you got strong,' which Fubuki roped me into for...reasons," she quickly ranted, her shoulders already untensing.

I blinked, dumbfounded, and stumbled over my words before my brain could decide on something, "Tats, look, you seem really annoyed and angry right now. If you want, I can take a break from my workout routine and we could go get something to eat. Have you eaten breakfast yet?" It was a legitimate question. It was still like 8:40-ish, so she probably hadn't eaten if Fubuki had gotten her to come here. They were probably trying to follow me for a while, too.

The tables had turned, since Tats was also incredibly confused. I can't blame her; I was the one who asked her if she wanted to get something to eat; definitely not something I'd do regularly.

She stammered, "S-Sure, whatever you want." She rubbed her left arm, and sheepishly looked away. Maybe it's just her, but I haven't seen any girl do that around me ever. Who knows.

As the two of us walked towards the restaurant in City Y, since nobody even tried to live in City Z because of this weird growth in monsters here, I noticed something.

She's smiling, even though she's looking away embarrassed. That's weird.

Definitely just her, then.

~~~

"Really? They just let you come in here with your hero outfit and all?" I questioned, looking at the ramen restaurant in front of us. It didn't look like the fancy stuff that was near City A and all that. Actually, it looked small. Nice. Like a family-owned restaurant. Honestly, probably something that would fit Saitama.

"Yeah, I usually only come here when I feel like splurging. Doesn't happen much," he admitted.

Splurging? This?

He has the salary of one of the rich businessmen and he's worried about splurging at a ramen restaurant? Bullshit. There's no way he considers this splurging of all things. With all the money he earns and all the money he saves by literally only buying when it's a Saturday, he might as well put the rest of his money into stocks and probably become a millionaire.

As the two of us entered the restaurant, I could hear Saitama greet over the sounds of sizzling and the smell of steam, "Hey, Tetsuya!"

As I looked around the restaurant, it was actually really nice. It wasn't as high-maintenance as the place that Saitama and I had went to last, but it had a different sort of greatness to it. Comfort. That's it. I felt comfortable here. It felt like somewhere just to relax, but not like a café.

Hold on a fucking moment. Is that Saitama willingly talking to someone he doesn't have direct contact with daily?

I could hear the two of them talking like they were old buddies, and that was way too unlikely to be my Saitama.

MY Saitama?!

Shit, Fubuki's really been bugging me a bit too much, hasn't she? God damn it. I could feel myself blushing again, too.

I walked up to where Saitama was, who was still talking to the restaurant owner, and slightly tapped him on the shoulder.

"Oh, and I see you've brought yourself a friend today, Saitama!" He was boisterous, and incredibly loud, but in a wholesome sort of manner. It was really nice, and I couldn't stop myself from smiling at how absolutely positive he was. His accent was beautiful, though. It sounded so polite and kind while also being powerful too. It was admirable, and somethin' you'd expect from like a really humble gentleman.

"And who are--" He saw me, and stopped. I wasn't surprised. Most people did the same, and I expected as much. Just like usual, he'd become quiet and afraid to offend me and I'd have to be in this restaurant, treated like--

"Well, well, lookie here!" He guffawed. "What a surprise! You brought the most famous hero on Earth to my humble abode! My pleasure, Miss Tornado!"

I blinked, completely surprised. He caught me completely off guard, even more than almost all of the monsters that I've fought before. Even the other people in the restaurant, of whom practically packed the restaurant, didn't seem to hail me as some paragon of justice, a deliverer of virtue and all that. Here, I was just a normal person.

Oddly enough, I loved it like that. I smiled, and nodded.

"Just Tatsumaki is okay," I assured, and he nodded in confident agreement, when I turned to Saitama and whispered, "Hey, Baldy, what's up with this place? It's like I'm not even a hero here. I-I mean, it's not bad...I actually really like it! I just...don't know why they're so calm with me in here. Not even other heroes are like this."

"Oh," he smiled at me before looking at the restaurant. "Tetsuya over here's from my middle and high school days. One of the few people that didn't really hate me then."

I raised my eyebrow, before I heard Tetsuya chuckle again, "Ah, I see how you're confused, especially because of how strong Saitama is now! Hell, he protects this restaurant from monsters pretty often, which I'm grateful for! Surprisingly, when I offer free food for saving this place, he refuses." He finished the last part under his breath, which I somewhat laughed at.

"Well, then why did people 'hate' you back then, Baldy?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. "And why is everyone here treating me so normally?"

"Oh, I can explain the second part!" Tetsuya grinned, before his expression turned a bit more serious. "But honestly, I think it's best that Saitama tells you about middle school. Honestly something that I think is too personal to get into myself."

I glanced over at Saitama, and his expression was different than normal. He wasn't apathetic like normal, and he wasn't cheerful like he was when he's buying on-sale stuff or when he was talking to Tetsuya, or hopefully when he's around me. He was...downcast.

God damn it, what's with all these thoughts about the baldy? I shouldn't be having these! I'm...I'm Tornado, Tatsumaki, the S-Class hero, the protector of the world! I don't have time for bullshit like this!

But...he's been there for me. Nobody has been. Fubuki did her own stuff since people always were afraid of me. My parents fucking sold me out, so I know they don't care. Genos is fine, and so are the rest of the S-Class heroes. A bit pompous, if I think about it. Blast, I thought of him more as...a role model than anything. Sure, he saved me and all...but I don't even know him that well!

But...the baldy? He's been there for me. He's been there to calm me, to make me laugh, to protect me, even. Hell, he took a shot to the moon just for me! So why? Why him?! Why does he do it?! God damn it!

He's...helped me. Come out of my shell. I...used to hate him. I know that I used to hate him for everything that he stood for. He was just so casual about everything. I fucking hated how goddamn strong he was.

So why? Why is everything going on? Why the fuck does he care so much about my well-being? Does he even care? Why the fuck should I care?!

But...he's done so much stuff for me.

Do I...have feelings for him like Fubuki says I do?

I gulped.

"Tats? Hey, Tats!" Saitama clapped in front of my eyes, finally snapping me from that...train of thoughts. Shit. I'm partially grateful that he did it, and partially embarrassed that it wash him to do it of all people.

"Y-Yeah?" I stuttered, feeling a blush come on from all the stuff I thought about AND out of embarrassment. God, I'm blushing way too often for a hero.

Saitama pointed at Tetsuya, who was slightly confused but in a pure way. I chuckled awkwardly and looked back at him. He seemed to be leaning over the part where he'd just leave out food, which was good since nothing seemed to be cooking now that everyone was seated and eating and also because it probably meant he was pretty friendly. I mean, he already was, but yeah.

"Yeah, Tatsumaki, as I was saying before ya spaced out," he spoke. "The reason people here treat you like a person instead of a mystical hero like everyone else does, eh?" He raised his eyebrows and waved his hands and fingers, as if it was a magical spell cast on everyone else in the world. I nodded, earnestly agreeing with how he described the "phenomenon."

"Well, ya see here, I'm not the only here that used to go to Saitama's school. Actually, I was the one who everyone knew as 'the chef,' since I was the best cook in the whole damn school! Wouldn't you agree, Saitama?" He prodded, and Saitama nodded. "Well, wouldn't ya know it, when news got around in the neighborhood that I was opening a restaurant of my own, all the people that we graduated high school with actually showed up for the grand opening! It was a marvel! I was actually famous among the people who bullied so many others!

"Well, I mean, school was tough, but that's besides the point!" He laughed it off. "So, here we are now! Everyone who goes to this restaurant is part of our own community, and honestly few others come anyways. I'm all right with that, though, since everyone has plenty to go around.

"Even more, anyone who's new to the place quickly becomes a part of the family! We're all here and enjoying life, and a newcomer such as yourself is welcome too! Especially since you're the first person that Saitama's ever brought 'ere!" He pointed at the baldy. "Ya see, most people only bring the people they really wanna hang out over here!"

He shrugged before continuing, "Usually the people that my old classmates bring are really close to them, so that's why they're an honorary member of the place, ya see!" I blushed again, and this time, he noticed. Damn.

"Hey, Saitama, why don't you go take a seat? I already know your order, you doofus," Tetsuya jested, a hearty chuckle coming, louder than the rest of the restaurant combined. It was like his laugh was a staple for the regulars here.

As I was looking at the menu, I saw Tetsuya set down his cooking equipment and pick up a cup, quickly beginning to wash it. Well, I guess I had some time to decide what I wanted.

"So, Tatsumaki," he began, his tone a bit different than before. "Saitama brought you here of all places. How'd you feel 'bout that?"

I blinked before responding, unsure of the direction he was taking, "Well, I feel...fine, I guess. Nothing much."

"Now, I think there's something a bit more to it," he continued, and I saw a little glint in his thin glasses. "So, correct me if I'm wrong in this."

He turned around and set the glass down, "You're...interested in Saitama, aren't you?" I immediately knew I made a mistake and that I was caught off guard. Almost a moment after he said it, he smirked in a way that I knew that he had his suspicions confirmed, in a way, like he had found what he was looking for.

"Well," he groaned, stretching a bit before leaning onto the counter again. "Not much of my business. Just curious. Good luck. Hard nut to crack, Saitama." I could feel my heart pounding, my thoughts racing, and everything out of pocket. Him...Fubuki...probably Bang...they all think that I'm into him.

"Now...what'll you order?" He asked, immediately back to his joyful self.

~~~

As I was holding my tray, I could see how white-knuckled I was. I could feel how hard I was gripping the tray, and especially how much I was shaking a bit. He had hit me so off guard that I didn't even know anymore, and as I saw Saitama, I made a decision. Well, not so much that I made the decision, since I just did it out of nowhere and out of instinct.

I quickly walked up to the bald man, heart pounding, and set my tray on the table before nearly shouting, "Hey, I'm gonna use the bathroom so don't wait!" And with that extremely poor social act, I speed-walked into the bathroom. Even though he shot a confused glance at me, not even looking at his own food, I couldn't stop myself from walking into the bathroom, even if it was just for a moment to calm down.

I nearly hyperventilated with how many thoughts were going on my mind, and it was just too much. What the fuck was I supposed to do?! Everyone's been saying the same goddamn thing, even though the first time I had talked to someone casually and as a friend in the last 2 years was him, because I fucking hate making friends because most people are weak!

But do I even still think that anymore?! God damn it!

I couldn't stop myself from nearly breaking everything in the goddamn restaurant, and it took everything I had in me to not crush the entire place and the people in it to shreds. Instead, I settled for kicking the trash can while I threw my mini-tantrum and mental breakdown.

I took a deep breath.

Okay, I don't think I'm super out of control anymore. A deep breath...it...sometimes works? Ugh.

I sat down on the toilet, which I set completely down so that the bowl was completely closed. It was a single-person bathroom, so I didn't have to worry about anyone walking in. Putting my head in my hands, I deeply exhaled and groaned.

Is this what I've come to? Why the fuck am I so emotional? Why am I worrying so bad and why is my heart pounding so often? What is this? Have I really changed that much?

It's him, isn't it? It's Saitama who's done this to me. HE'S the one who's made me change so much, and...I don't know whether or not I should hate him for it or thank him for it.

Honestly...maybe they're right. Maybe I do like Saitama. I think I do? I don't know, and I don't know anything right now. Are they right? I mean, everyone's saying it. I mean...people seem to like it more. I think...I am nicer...and I think...with his help, people are accepting me as a person more often instead of...just a super strong hero that people fear.

But is it okay for me to be like that? I mean, my whole life, I've lived, feared by practically everyone, and that's how everyone respected me. Can I...try to live just...liked instead of feared? I mean...people will still respect me...and maybe fear me a little bit...but maybe...being liked isn't so bad.

Y'know what?

I...like Saitama.

There, I finally admitted it. I...have feelings for Saitama. For...the Baldy. I...like him.

Is this what it's like...to have a crush on someone? I grew up my entire life hearing from the other girls in my school, at least those who would still talk to me even though I was 'the freak,' that having a crush on someone meant that you really cared about them, that they made you really happy...and especially that you'd do things for them that you'd never do for anyone else. That they make you feel such a way that it's weird, but a really happy weird.

A knock on the door came. "Yo, Tats, you okay in there?" Saitama asked, concerned. It was enough to knock me out of my emotional manner, and make me realize that I was still holding my head in my hands and I had no idea how much time passed.

"Y-Yeah, why do you ask?" I stammered, and I could hear my voice rising a bit and my face feel a bit more heated.

"You've been in there 15 minutes and our food got cold. I ordered some more for you, cause I thought that you'd like fresh food," he answered, and I blushed a bit more from his kindness. I felt kind of bad for just leaving him sitting there for so long.

"I-It's all good, just gimme a moment!" I nearly panicked, quickly turning on the faucet and washing my hands, eventually just wiping my hands on my hero dress so that I could just get back out there quickly.

As I exited the door, I saw him standing out there.

"Thanks a lot, Saitama," I greeted.

"No problem, Tats," he answered coolly, and smiled at me.

I grinned back.

~~~~~

Whoa there folks is this romance I see here? Preposterous!

So, yeah, super huge chapter in terms of Tatsumaki. Probably done really poorly so if you have any suggestions I'd love to know!

I've noticed that my writing style's been mostly the same, but with changes made to fit the chapter and I think I have the most fun delivering the big events of the chapter then! Do you like that style, or should I just go back to how I used to write before?

Anyways, thank you guys for reading, and I hope you guys enjoy the next chapter! If there's anything that I could fix, please tell me! Thank you!

Sincerely,

SpiritBloodDragon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.3K 561 10
In this story we see our bald hero Saitama become a symbol of strength and peace as he takes on the strongest enemies the earth has seen. This all st...
74.8K 1.3K 18
You've been together for years and after much thought, You have decided to marry the tornado of terror. What could go wrong?
1.2K 123 40
After being removed from the Hero Association to save Garou's life and marrying the man she loved since she tried to rookie crush him first encounter...
142K 2.3K 20
《REQUESTS ARE CLOSE》 One Punch Man Characters X Reader First of all, You're gonna regret reading this. The grammar sucks and the story is cringy af...