Waves || Christian Yu

By blu_fics

A story for my lovely brown girls 🌻 Inspired by Normani's "Waves" "Text me when you need me." More

01: Excuse me...
02: Anytime, Anywhere.
03: Blueberry
04: 20 Questions
05: +Ian?!
06: Blunders & Lightning
07: Breakfast
08:
09: FaceTiMe
10: Hey
11: 진짜? Really?
12: Miss Y(o)u
V-Day Side Story
13: Bambi
14: My Ky
15: Ona
16: Riight
17: Thank You
18: Coffee
19: Roo
20: Bow Your Heads
21: Deal
22: Ringing
23: Locked
24: Walls
25: Blurry
26: Numb
27: Harmless
28: Do Not Respond
29: Whiskey Blue
31: Ky
32: Guilt Stained
33: Ortegas Rotas / Crumble
34: Wake Up Love

30: Run

1.1K 60 18
By blu_fics

She's not answering.

Christian looked down at his phone, pressing end for the third time in a row.

"She told you he left, bruh. Just chill out. Did you expect her to send you an invite?" Scott snickered as they rounded a corner, "You know her better than that, come on."

Ian ran his fingers through his hair, biting the inside of his bottom lip, "I know, but—"

"If she wants to see you. She'll tell you."

He sighed, wanting to try her number again or randomly pop up. Something just wasn't sitting right, however, it could also just be his eagerness to get things back to normal...

...their normal

And be laying up on the couch figuring out what to do for dinner, followed up by—

"You know I'm right." Scott interrupted his thoughts as they pulled into the hotel parking lot.

Ian kissed his teeth and sat still on the passenger's side as Mr. Kim made his way out, "Just because yal couldn't get your hormones in check and tongued each other down in the bathroom, merely means she still loves you. Not that you should go try and make a baby."

Christian's face turned bright red as he stopped behind his friend, him continuing through the sliding doors, "Under different circumstances I'm sure you would've ended up exactly how yal met in the first place."

They rode the elevator up, Christian picking at a tiny break in the plastic of the USB drive in his hand.

He was anxious.

Something didn't feel right...

...despite Scott's reassuring claims that it was just his urge to see her that had the blood pumping through his veins at a rapid pace

...the hair to rising on his skin.

No.

Something was, indeed...off.

As if the universe knew he needed assistance to find the answer to his qualm, his phone vibrated.

He paused just as Scott unlocked the room door, turning to see his face void of all color. "Rome...

...you okay?"

-🌻-

It's cold.

My head....

Why does my head hurt...

It's so dark...

hello?

Hello?

Is my mouth moving?..

I—

I can't talk...

Hello?!

Help!

HELP ME!

Ni'Kya's mind raced as she tried her best to move, lift her head... anything.

But she remained still on the cold cement floor, eyes closed, practically lifeless. Where was she? She was at home then...darkness.

Christian.

She has to tell Christian that...

wait.

Did he make it out before Adam got back? What did he even find that had him so terrified?

"You can't keep her here..."

Who's that?

"Why not?"

"It's inhumane!"

"So you care about the bitch now?!"

"I just don't think you should've—"

"Should've what, huh?! Tell me, because clearly you the one who's got so much to say lately."

I know that voice...

"Does Adam even know you're doing this?"

Adam?!

"No, and he's not going to know either. Is he." The tone sound more like a threat than a question.

"Isabelle..."

"Shut UP, Cheyenne! Je-sus! Ever since the hotel shit, you been walkin around with ya head up ya ass. What, did the 5 min dick drive you loca? Huh? Qué paso?" Isabelle had invaded Cheyenne's space, blocking her from looking down at a motionless Ky.

Cheyenne?!

"You didn't see her face...his face..." she turned away feeling more guilt rise as she noticed a small dark pool under Ni'Kya's blood stained hair. Was Isabelle crazy? Why bring her to the abandoned store house? It was too close to their neighborhood and most of all.... why hurt her?

"Ay dios mio. Who. Fuckin. Cares?! You fuck other bitches' men all the time! What makes this one time so different?!" Isabelle paces back and forth, getting more and more agitated with her stepsister, "What, you get your man and what the fuck do I get, huh? NADA!"

"YOU'RE the one who suggested yal fake date, and YOU'RE the one who caught feelings. See, I KNEW some dumb shit was bound to happen, but I gave you the benefit of doubt..." Cheyenne weaved each way to catch Isabelle's evading eyes.

"Shut up.."

"I thought you grew outta of that shit, Izzy!"

"Shut UP."

"You forgot you still have that shit on your record? Huh? They barely decided not to go through with the charges because mommy and daddy pleaded, and only because you said you'd go to therapy."

"SHUT UP."

"So you gonna attack every girl who gets in your way? Over a n*gga?!"

"I said SHUT UP!!!"

The air grew still and all went silent. Cheyenne stood still, hands up in defense as she stared down at the light reflecting off the black barrel. "So you gone shoot me now?" Her breath was shaky as she noticed her older sibling's finger steady on the trigger.

"Not if you shut—the fuck up."

"You're fuckin craz—"

"DON'T CALL ME FUCKIN CRAZY!" Isabelle's grip tightened as her voice echoed through the empty space.

"Izzy...

...put the gun down."

"No."

"How do you even ha—"

"I'm warning you, Chi. I love you, but i'll be DAMN if I let you treat me like some fuckin mental patient." She was jittery, eyes following Cheyenne as she back away.

Her mind bounced back and forth about letting her go. She was family, even if not by blood, but the risk  was presenting a deeper issue. She glanced down as a still unconscious Ni'Kya, focusing back on her younger sister's attempt to hide her fear.

"Go."

"Wha—"

"GetTheFuckOUT!!!!" She screamed as Cheyenne made a mad dash for the closest exit.

She ran.

Face stained with tears not only from sheer panic, but also from the thought that her beloved older sister who had once safeguarded her throughout their childhood, so easily flirted with the idea of killing her.

She had to stop this. She pulled out her phone, dialing Adam's number, but it was to no avail.

It went straight to voicemail.

She toppled over to her knees, out of breath and about to pass out. Her throat was sore and her lungs felt tight, but she knew she had to do something....

..she's gonna kill her

She pulled out her phone once more, typing as fast as she could through blurred vision before collapsing from a panic attack. She had only taken his number from Adam's phone as a just in case for other nefarious reasons, but at this moment....

Christian had never ran so fast in his life. The screen revealed a simple location pin from an unknown number with what initially seemed like jibberish...

'kytrbl hrry'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 6.5K 28
Just read and enjoy.
120K 3.7K 27
"I need you Normani. Please? " Normani's my drug and I don't think I can get clean. Dinah g!p Under major construction- it was my first book
12.4K 369 21
Inspired by the song (Rihanna-we found love) ummm Chile anyways So... Enjoye the book #1 - vidcon (8.5.2021)
24.3K 498 15
Just when you think life is finally settling down in a hectic life, you get the biggest need if your life. A mother finding her lost daughter, the da...