HIDDEN PROPHECY. (SEQUEL to D...

By ChaeWinacott

Embrie has grown from an infant to a young lady in no time at all. She resembles her mother and father, and i... More

Copyright.
Thought One. - Mr. Sexy sounding.
Thought Two. - Odd.. but nice.
Thought Four. - Midnight Eyes.
Thought Five. - A name to the eyes.
Thought Six. - Honey, I'm Home!
Thought Seven. - Coffee date.
Thought Eight. - Clunk.
Thought Nine.
Thought Ten.
Thought Eleven.
Thought Twelve.
Thought Thirteen.

Thought Three. - Party Hardy.

319 13 2
By ChaeWinacott

Looking in the mirror, I add the final touch to my costume.

My necklace.

It’s a small gold chain, with a ‘Z’ symbol that has a diamond in the middle of it. I remember when my mother gave it to me for my sixteenth birthday. That was almost three years ago, my birthday is only a month away. Mother said that it serves as a charm of sorts; it will watch over and protect me from dangers.

Whatever that’s supposed to mean.

It had shocked me when she told me that too. It was not like mom to say things like that, at all. She is a very cynical person, and I would have never imagined the day where she would tell me that a necklace could protect me from danger

But, if I am to wear it for protection, tonight is the best night to do so. I’m about to go to a party, where I will probably be surrounded by a bunch of monsters.

AKA - drunk and horny boys.

I look myself over one last time, my eyes resting on the dress, and how it hugs my body in all of the right places. I smile to myself, and decide that it’s time to go downstairs and face the music.

Once I’m downstairs, I head into the living room where I see mother sitting on the couch talking to someone on the phone.  She hasn’t realized that I’m in the room with her yet, because she continues to speak to who ever it is in a rushed whisper.

“I just hope that we can keep going on like this, John.” She says, her voice exasperated. 

Oh, she’s talking to dad.

She pauses for a second, obviously listening to him on the other end.

“Yeah, so far everything has been fine. But the day is coming up… and I’m getting nervous thinking about what could happen. Aren’t you?”

Another minutes pause.

“Okay, I know. I won’t worry. I just hope that they haven’t got any leads… To imagine them finding us after all of these years…” I see her body involuntarily shiver, and I can’t help but wonder what they’re talking about.

She’s silent for a few minutes, and that’s when I decide to become known. I walk to the couch and wave at her to get her attention. She looks up at me in surprise for a minute, but recovers by smiling at me.

“I got to go, John. Embrie’s just about to leave for her party. We will see you when you’re back from your business trip. Love you.”  With that, she hangs up.

I take a minute to study my mom, trying to acquire why she looks so shocked to see me. Her dark – almost black hair is tied up in a tight bun, and her brown eyes search mine.

“You’re wearing your necklace.” She acknowledges, nodding towards it. I just smile and nod ‘yes’. “You look great hon. Now you have a good time, and be safe. Make sure that there’s no drinking and driving, you hear me?”

“Yes mom, I understand. Don’t worry about me.” I peck her cheek with a kiss and run out the door.

I do not need to listen to her lecture me all night.

Blake should be here in the next ten minutes. It’s funny how I’d rather sit on my porch in the cold night, instead of being inside with my mother. It’s not that I don’t love her; it’s just that she can get a little weird when it comes to holidays.

No. It’s not even that.

It’s just Halloween, and my birthday.

But… Halloween is close to my birthday. So maybe it’s just my birthday?

I don’t know.

Getting impatient, I grab my cell phone and look for Blake’s number. Deciding on a text message I send him one, urging him to hurry up.

‘Be there in two minutes.’ He replies.

I reply with a smiley face.

‘ :) ‘

I am so lame.

It’s not my fault though. It’s been forever and a day, since I’ve had a boyfriend.

Boyfriend?

He isn’t even my boyfriend, and I’m referring to him as my boyfriend.

Ugh.

Do I even want a boyfriend?

My mind goes straight to Blake. His perfect hair, and his perfect smile. His toned body and tanned skin. His intense eyes, which smile all by themselves and at the same time can make me feel like I’m on fire. The way we can just joke around with each other, and not care. 

RING.

RING.

RING.

I jump at the sound, and realize that my phone is ringing. I answer it without checking the caller ID, and gruffly answer.

“Hello?”

“Hey! Are you just going to sit there all night or…” He replies, his voice shocking me out of my dream-like state.

I look up, and see that Blake is already waiting for me at the curb in his car.

            Way to embarrass yourself.

            Getting in the car, I look at Blake and am quite impressed with his costume. He’s wearing all black, and has coated his face in white face paint. His eyes are done dark, and there are little red droplets below his lip. He smiles at me, baring his fangs.

            “Woah! Awesome costume!” I say, buckling up my seatbelt.

            “Thanks! Do I pass as Dracula?” He asks, starting the engine.

            “You look like Dracula in the flesh! If I didn’t know you… I’d totally be afraid right now.” I say, laughing a little.

            We start driving to Kirk’s place, with the heat blasted. I’m thankful for his observant skills, because there’s quite a chill in the air tonight, and I’m only wearing my dress.

            “By the way Em, you look incredible tonight.” He says, looking over to me while driving.

            “Thanks, but eyes on the road mister!” I say sternly, although I’m sure he can see the little smile playing on my lips.

            “Alright, but if I didn’t know you… I would eat you up!” He says, trying to be creepy.

            A shiver runs up my spine, even though I know he’s joking. For some reason those words got to me though. I let out a little laugh; even though I don’t think that he buys it.

            “So I bought you some vodka… wasn’t sure about what you prefer to drink…” He says, turning left onto Kirk’s street.

            “Thanks, vodka’s fine.”

I wasn’t really planning on drinking… but I suppose a few won’t hurt. He did go through the trouble to buy me a bottle.

            We pull up to Kirk’s house, and find a parking spot on the side of the road. The place is packed, and it’s only ten after nine. I stare out my window gawking at all of the people on the front lawn, and the hoards of people that I can see through the house window that are inside already.

            “Ready, my little Victorian princess?” Blake asks, opening my door for me.

            I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks at his nickname for me. I gently nod, and get out of his car. He shuts the door behind me, and places his arm around my waist.

            We walk up to the house in silence, the music blaring from the party making it a comfortable silence between us. Blake holds our alcohol in two paper bags, and leads me inside. As we make our way through the crowds, my ears try to adjust to the deafeningly – loud music.

            “Let’s go to the kitchen area and grab some cups and soda.” Blake yells in my ear, giving me goose bumps from the close proximity. I nod my head and let him take my hand to lead me into the room.

            Making our way through the people, I lean against the island in the kitchen and watch Blake as he helps himself to two plastic cups, and a bottle of Pepsi. He pours his drink and is just about to pour mine, when a girl topples into his side, completely taking him by surprise.

            “Blakey! I’ve been looking for you all night!” She screams, practically drooling on him. I laugh to myself at the expression he is making right now. It’s priceless.

            Clear disgust.

            “Really, Stacey? The night just started…” He says, rolling his eyes at her.

            She trails her finger down the backside of his neck, and I watch as his shocked expression turns into one of surprise.

            Is he really falling for that?

            “I loooove your costume…” I just barely hear her slur into his ear. She’s close enough to lick him.

            Awkward.

            Blake looks at me, his eyes begging me to help him. I’m not sure if I should though. We’re not an item or anything… and Stacey’s actually a nice girl when she’s sober. Maybe she truly has feelings for him…

            Making my decision, I reach over the island and grab my cup, the soda and the vodka and pour myself a hefty drink. I would rather have a strong drink to sip on for a while, instead of having to keep coming back and refilling my cup.

            So lazy.

            Smirking at Blake, I take a sip of my drink.

            “I’m going to mingle. Have fun children.” I say, quickly turning on my heel and heading for the living room.

            I walk into the living room, instantly being engulfed in smoke.

And it isn’t cigarette smoke.

            I make my way through people dancing and standing around, and find a vacant corner in the room. Standing there, I observe everyone having fun while sipping my drink.

            I’m just so anti-social.

            This isn’t my kind of fun, and I’m not sure why I agreed to come with Blake here in the first place. I mean, sure I thought that I could have fun with him here with me, but Stacey pretty much has that covered now. As much as Blake had looked like he wanted to escape from her, he’s probably still with her now. He hasn’t come looking for me yet. We are just friends anyways.

            So why do I feel so alone?

            “Look who we have here!” I hear a familiar, unwanted voice say. I snap my head forwards to come face to face with Kirk himself. He’s dressed up as what I am assuming is supposed to be a ‘wealthy man’ in the eighteen hundreds. He’s wearing a tailored tux, and a top hat, all in black. He is also sporting a fake mustache, and holding a fashionable cane.

            “Hi Kirk.” I smugly say. “Nice costume.”  I add, giving him a weak smile.

            “Ah, thanks. I like yours too. Who would have thought that I would ever see you in a dress, let alone one that shows so much of your cleavage!” He winks at me, tapping the edge of his cup with mine.

            “Uh, thanks. I guess.”

            “No problem, sweet cheeks. So how are you liking the party?” He asks me, but before I get to answer, his drink comes flying at me.

            Right on my chest.

            I groan in annoyance, and scowl at Kirk.

            “What the fuc-“ He yells, turning to the guy who caused him to spill his drink. He stops midsentence though, when he see’s the culprit. I too, look at the man in wonder.

            He’s built.

He’s tall.

His dark hair surrounds his face, which displays a canny smirk. His eyes are like midnight orbs, with silver specks.

He’s wearing a black leather jacket, and dark navy – tight fitted jeans.

            I can’t stop staring at him, but he just keeps his gaze on Kirk, not even noticing my existence.

            Just my luck. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 114K 13
Melissa Crawford thinks she's just a regular teenage girl. She goes to school. She has friends, boy problems, homework...you know, the typical teenag...
18.1K 722 13
A sellsword with a haunting past that follows her every day. Only a handful of people know about it. Every day, her life hangs in a thread. Can she h...
155K 7.2K 48
"What I was going to say was selfish..." He mumbled. I edge closer to him until my hand slowly cradled his cheek. Tilting his head up to look at me...
495 15 8
"Wouldn't you kill her first if you had the chance?" "The Slayer only kills Monsters. If she kills me, then that means I'm a monster." There are mon...