Divine Warriors - Irene the M...

By AspireNight

The past of Minecraft Diaries by Aphmau is hidden under secrets. From the fated encounter of a divine goddess... More

Scene 1: Born (POV: Irene)
Scene 2: Road to Scaleswind (POV: Irene)
Mini Scene 1: The Fury
Mini Scene 2: The Wanderer
Mini Scene 3: The Protector
Scene 4: Starry Night (POV: Irene)
Scene 5: New Connections (POV: Irene + Shad)
Scene 6: Birth of the Legends (POV: Irene)
Scene 7: Esmund's Confession (POV: Esmund)
Scene 8: Fight for her Love (POV: Shad)
Scene 9: Thrown Away (POV: Shad)
Scene 10: Neverending Life (POV: Irene)
Scene 11: Irene's Emotion (POV: Irene)
Scene 12: Irene's Dimension (POV: Irene)
Scene 13: The Witch (POV: Irene)
Scene 14: A Meeting That Decides the Future (POV: Irene + Esmund)
Scene 15:Shad's Fury (POV: Shad)
Mini Scene 4: Warm Aura (POV: Irene)

Scene 3: First Encounter(POV: Irene + Shad)

118 5 0
By AspireNight

10 years later

"Let me go with you, Lady Irene," Esmund called out, grabbing his sword and shield.

I shook my head. "I am just going to help the villagers with their corrupted land, there is no need for your strength here."

He nodded and turned back into the tent.

I stared at the flaps for a second, smiling, then I left for the village located not far over the horizon.

At the Village

The moment I arrived, two villagers immediately approached me.

Barren lands, much like the ones I've seen in every other village surrounded them.

But there was something a little different.

"Irene," the man spoke out, seeing that I was eyeing the dirt behind them. "This plague is because of... him."

"Him?" I asked in a quiet voice, turning on my outside barrier.

The man continued to speak, "Yes, we call him the Shadow..."

I stared up at the blue sky to clear my thoughts, then looked at the two villagers again. "Why?" I asked.

"No one has ever seen his face. He hides in the forest."

"He only comes to vandalize our crops. We've been dealing with this for two years..."

"He leaves destruction wherever he goes, which is why our Lord has placed a bounty on his head."

I looked at the crops behind them in interest. "I'll heal this land's soil if you tell me where I can find this... 'Shadow' you speak of." I finally declared.

The elderly man immediately shook his head. "Irene no..."

The woman continued, "Please, we understand you are a blessed child but this man is dangerous. He could rival someone like you. Please, our village knights are taking care of this."

Something they said had caught my interest. "When you say rival someone like me," I began, "What do you mean exactly?"

The woman's voice shuddered as she said, "He has powers, very strong ones. We've been living under his thumb."

I spoke under my breath, "He has powers like me? Interesting..." Then I raised my voice, "I want to meet him. Tell me, where is he?"

The two elderly villagers immediately interrupted me, "Irene do you understand that you are the best thing that happened to this land."

"Never did we think a goddess would walk among us to heal our sick. We cannot lose you."

I let out a small laugh. "Please, do not praise me as such. I am born a human with unnatural powers. I am no goddess. Now please, allow me to help your village. Where can I find this shadow?"

The woman sighed and groaned in dismay, but she finally said. "In the forest yonder. They say he lurks in there, which is why no one travels too deep inside."

I nodded thoughtfully, then replied, "You have my thanks, now, let me help you."

I walked over to the hurting soil and set my hand down onto it. With a flash of white light, the land was healed and full again. Some of my energy drained away. But still I headed into the forest like nothing was wrong.

Shad

I sensed footsteps entering my forest. They were coming closer. I pressed myself against the bark behind me.

A gorgeous young maiden walked in front of my tree and failed to see me. She had black raven hair, golden amber eyes, and a black and gold dress that made her seem like royalty.

But the way she held her sword made me think otherwise.

She stopped and looked around, her back facing me. Now is my chance I thought with determination.

I ran silently towards her, holding my own red broadsword out. With one swipe, the lady braced against the flat of my sword and landed on the ground.

"Well well well. A traveler I see, and a well clothed one." I said in a sarcastic tone.

The maiden made a weird noise, something between a thoughtful 'hmm' to a grunt.

The way she looked up at me with no emotion in her face made me laugh.

"Ha ha ha! You're a brave woman to keep your composure while a stranger has his sword to your face." I taunted her.

She didn't flinch. "Are you the one the village speaks of... The, Shadow?" Her voice was angelic and wise, but had a playful tinge to it.

I smiled wickedly. "That's right. I'm sure you've heard about what I can do." I pressed my blade closer to her throat.

The lady laughed and said, "You're just a boy!"

I was shocked for a second, then that shock turned to frustration. I backed away from her, but still kept my sword in my hand.

"What?! I'll have you know that I am no boy. I am a man who fends for himself!" I growled angrily.

The maiden responded in a tone just as furious as mine. "From what I understand, a man does not threaten an innocent with a sword. You are a boy."

The last sentence was spoken with such force, and I muttered under my breath, "Why you...." I quickly swung my sword at her again, using double the power I would normally use, but before I hit her, it stopped with a clang.

I looked underneath me to see that the lady had parried my sword strike with her own crystal white jagged blade.

I reared back in surprise. "What the... you, how did you block that. No normal human can stand against me."

She stood up and glared into my eyes. "I am no normal human. Now come at me again!"

I laughed with understanding. "So you've been sent here to vanquish me... I see." Fury suddenly overtook me.

"Fine then, I'll kill you right here and now!" I shouted.

I held my sword up and grunted as I charged to her. She also lifted up her sword and ran towards me.

A big slash and clang sounded in the air, and the next thing I knew, both of our swords were on the ground opposite of each other. Waves of energy cackled away from us.

That power... I thought. I chuckled with no humor. The lady was panting heavily, and was crouched over.

"Well now, I see I'm not the only one gifted with power from the gods." I stated.

This time it was her turn to laugh. Her light-hearted giggle traveled around the trees, and I made a questioning sound.

"Huh? What's wrong with you." I growled with confusion showing through my voice. The maiden continued to laugh.

She responded, "I'm just... glad I'm not the only one."

I stared at her in disbelief. "Glad? Glad! How can you be glad about this?! People fear us! We are outcasts, freaks."

I thought back to the many times that villagers had cast me out of their village. Why?

"Why are you laughing!" I continued fiercely.

She ignored my statement and continued laughing. Finally, she responded, "Because it's nice not to be alone anymore."

I stared at her shining face and sighed. "Grr, that stupid smile on your face. Stop that!"

Her smile shone bright as ever. "Make me. Go for your sword." she said tauntingly. '"I'll wait."

I determined this as a trap, and was intent on not letting this stranger think I was stupid. "You dare taunt me woman?" I growled.

She laughed a little, then said, "If you want this smile off my face, then come wipe it off."

She's playing me for a fool I thought. Then I stated out loud, "I'm not turning my back on you for one second!"

The maiden smiled at me. "That's fine, then I will." She turned around and walked a little away from me. The back of her hair drifted down her shoulders majestically, fitting in nicely with the gold trimming of her dress, but I didn't let myself be distracted.

"Heh, you were a fool to leave yourself open," I declared.

"I'm just waiting until you turn your back. Then I'll strike."

I made a surprised noise and didn't move.

She continued to speak. "So, you aren't going to chance it. I guess you've been as hurt as I have before, so you know better." Her voice became quiet.

Refusing to let her get the better of me, I snorted and said, "I'm biding my time. It's rare I find someone who can stand against me. Maybe I want to see how this plays out."

She laughed and said, "Fine. So then... I'll be living in the village nearby... to protect them from you for a while." She spoke in pieces, obviously enjoying herself.

I grunted in disbelief. "What?!"

"Well, they were complaining about you, so I thought I'd help them. So when you're ready, we can fight more when you come to cause trouble at their village, okay?"

I snarled at her. "Cocky little... UGH." I ran for my sword, but turned around once before I reached it.

The woman had already disappeared along with her own crystal blue sword.

"Where did she... oh how dare she mock me!" I muttered under my breath. "Who is she anyways?..."

I picked up my sword and exited the forest, a new burden in my mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 72 46
With no family over than a daughter, Abby, who's never really around, she feels as though no-one will help her. Her only goal is to protect those who...
124K 2.8K 17
-Takes Place In Highschool Grade 11- Aphmau, future ruler of the nether, goes to phoenix high. There she is known as the nicest girl. An easy target...
11.6K 319 60
Laurence sits next to me and i snuggle against him for warmth. "Aphmau...I'm really sorry for everything that has happened. I've caused you so much t...
6.8K 105 27
Aphmau has been thinking about her....secret after Laurence had asked her about her past. I do not own any of the characters. They belong to Aphmau's...