𝐔𝐧𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐞 - ᴛᴏᴅᴏʀᴏᴋ...

By xox_cutie

We call them 'knights in shining armour' perhaps because in the night we need "armour" or "love" to shine for... More

♡ Ayla Alvarez ♡
Chapter 1 : Perfect Strangers
Chapter 2: Armour
Chapter 3: Gratitude
Chapter 4: An Opportunity
Chapter 5: Courage
Chapter 7: When It Comes To You
Chapter 8 : Like A Storm
Chapter 9: Reopening Wounds
Chapter 10: Whenever You're Ready
Chapter 11: Secrets To The Grave
Chapter 12: Love Me Like You Do
Chapter 13: Someone To Stay
Chapter 14: Trusting Blindly
Chapter 15: To Love And To Be Loved
Chapter 16: A Forgotten Encounter
Chapter 17: Then Prove It
Chapter 18: The City Or Her
Chapter 19: Fire On Fire

Chapter 6: Rescuing

908 35 19
By xox_cutie

Sometimes, when Momo is not feeling good, just the thought of Ayla's name lightens her mood. She just feels content that the stubborn blonde is there to protect her, to save her, to guard her, from any harm that will befall her. Momo will always remember those moments back in middle school, when Ayla would play pranks on teachers and Momo would try to stop her—only to get lumped in as well and scolded along with the mischievous purple-eyed. Before Momo lost consciousness in the forest training camp when they were under attack, she saw a glimpse of Ayla's expression as she was charging at the Nomu. There was no fear in them. Only burning passion. The doctors haven't informed Momo about Ayla yet, but if she's in grave condition, she can already feel the guilt building up.

"Young Yaoyorozu, please explain in detail." All Might said with a police officer beside him. They had arrived right when her nurse told them she woke up.

The black-haired girl explains that Ayla planted a transmitter she created onto one of the villains and hands a device to All Might that will allow him to locate the transmitter. However, none of them were aware of Todoroki and Kirishima eavesdropping from outside the room.

"Before, Aizawa said you lacked the judgment to make quick decisions." All Might said. "You have improved, Young Yaoyorozu!"

"Is Ayla okay?" Momo asked. "How is she?"

"She's currently resting before surgery." the police officer answered.

Momo eyes widened. "S-Surgery?"

All Might raised his palms. "Young Yaoyorozu, please calm down."

Regret washed over her like the long slow waves on a shallow beach. Each wave was icy cold and sent shivers down her spine. How she longed to go back and take a different path, but now that was impossible. She lowered her head with tears spilling out. "I'm mad at myself for asking her to do such a dangerous task..."

"It's thanks to you and her that we're going to be able to save Young Bakugo." The number one hero reminded. "We are forever grateful."

"Come to think of it," the police officer started. "wasn't there a boy who just went to see her?"

"Must be Young Awase." All Might replied. "He was the one who carried her to the facility."

Outside the room, the two boys were still eavesdropping. That is until Shoto turned on his heel and walked down the hall. "Bro, where are you going?" Kirishima asked.

He didn't bother turning around. "To Ayla's room."

'Wait, he didn't come to see Midoriya,' Kirishima finally realized. "He came to see Ayla..."

* * * * *

Ayla woke up from a restless sleep due to the rough waves to glimpse at the glowing and radiant sun peaking above the horizon out of her window. It extended its vivid light across the deep crimson sky. Its dazzling and inviting rays flowed through the window providing warmth to her body. Slowly the fatigue of the long journey was seeping out of her as the welcoming rays trickled in to replacing her unrest—it relaxed her mind. Looking up from the corner of the room, she tried to steady herself trying to comprehend what was going on around her and where she was. Her body felt as if she had been bruised in every corner and her head was the only thing that was feeling heavy. She arches her back as the pain was rushing through her body like an igniting fire. Her eyes squeezed closed as my face contorted. Never had she ever experienced such pain in her life. Eventually the door opened and went she tilted her head pounding head to the side, a certain black-haired boy walked in.

"H-Hey..." her voice was strained so she cleared her throat.

"You're finally awake!" he rushed to her side with an overjoyed expression.

"My body feels like it went through hell..." she winced as she tried moving her legs.

"You're a tough one, aren't ya?" He smirked slightly, sitting on the armchair beside her bed. "Who knew a small girl like you could have so much passion?"

Ayla laughed and sat up carefully, feeling the pain decrease a little bit. "I'm sorry for having you carry me when I was...all bloody."

"When I was running to you and saw you in the ground, I actually thought you were dead..." He remembered the horrifying sight back in the forest. "But I couldn't believe it. So when I finally arrived and saw you barely breathing I was so relieved."

"Thank you for coming back for me." Her smile was one of happiness growing, much as a spring flower opens. He could see how it came from deep inside to light her eyes and spread into every part of her. A person smiles with more than their mouth, and he heard it in her voice, in the choice of her words and the way she relaxed. It was beautiful.

"I-I haven't introduced myself," the boy said and stretched his hand out. "Awase Yosetsu."

The girl gladly shook it. "Ayla."

"Huh?" he asked. "How about your family name—?"

There was a soft knock in the door. Ayla turned around, moving her golden waterfall she calls her hair and Awase watched as her purple orbs shone bright with glee when a boy appeared. "Shoto!"

"Ayla, I need to talk to you." Upon seeing Awase still here, the duo-haired boy added "Alone."

"Oh, right." Awase jumped from his seat hastily. "I'll see you soon. Take care, Ayla!"

"You too!" The blonde waved back enthusiastically and turned her full attention to the boy with heterochromia iridium, who was now sitting in the same place the black-haired was earlier.

"Hey." he said monotonously.

"Glad to see you're okay." A soft smile curved up her lips. "I was honestly worried about you and Bakugo when I suddenly left. Sorry about that."

Shoto looked like he was struggling to say something at the mere mention of the ash blond's name. Furrowed brows and a look of uncertainty took over his features, debating.

Ayla tilted her head. "Is there something on your mind?"

The melancholy gives away the exit even as it pretends it isn't there, softly calling him away from everything and bringing him to dread. It tells him that he can't keep it a secret from her anymore.  "Since you were unconscious this whole time, I figure you don't know what happened, do you?"

"Why?" The blonde felt the soft panic, growing or fading depending on what he says next. "What is it?"

"Bakugo was kidnaped."

* * * * *

Uraraka's eyes widened as Izuku's hospital room door opened to reveal a fuming blonde with a two-toned boy beside her. The brunette saw her nurse earlier and told Class 1-A that she's still unconscious and unable to move if she wakes up, so seeing her here was shocking. "Ayla? You're still not fully recovered—"

"Is it true?" Ayla stomped to her nearest classmate and took them by the collar. Unfortunately, it was Aoyama. "Has Bakugo really been kidnapped?"

"O-Oui." Aoyama answered frightened.

"My body...wouldn't move..." Izuku muttered through his tears, his arms severely bandaged on his bed. "I couldn't save someone right in front of me..."

"Then, let's save him this time." Kirishima said. The redhead then explained the conversation he and Shoto overheard earlier.

"Does this mean you're going to have Yaoyorozu make another receiver?" Iida questioned furiously. "This is something we should leave to the pros! This isn't our place to act!"

"I know that!" Kirishima retorted. "But I couldn't do anything after I heard that my friend was being targete! If I don't do anything now, I won't be hero or a man anymore!"

Ayla's stomach shifts uneasily and she noticed that her hands are hugging herself, pinching into her skin. She releases her hands but then she can't figure out what to do with them, so instead they clasp and unclasp each other as if in constant need of touch and reassurance. After a moment of tense silence, Ayla decided to speak up. "I'm going with Kirishima and I don't care if everyone here is against it but I really couldn't give less of a—"

"How damn stupid are you?!" Shoto argued, startling all of Class 1-A with his sudden raise of volume.

Ayla felt a bleak of rage. "What did you say?"

"When Awase brought you to the facility you were covered in blood and your stomach was ripped open!" His words were spat out with the ferocity and rapidity of machine gun fire. Shoto's temper was like TNT, once the sparks started to sizzle there was very little time to duck and cover. His eyes flashed with indignance and anger, much like lightning on a pitch black night. "You could've died and now you want to go back?"

"And what if I want to?" Ayla yelled with the same intensity. "You can't stop me!"

By now, every student backed away from them and scattered to a safe distance. Midoriya was still on the bed, wanting someone to bring him to the other side as well—he'd never seen such a fierce argument and the fact that he was paralyzed alone and away from everyone didn't help.

"Be rational for once!" Shoto barked, remembering the sight of seeing her blond hair stained with blood as the paramedics rushed her into an ambulance to the nearest hospital. "You were almost amputated from the waist down for God's sake!"

Ayla knew she should just stay quiet and wait for the storm to abate, but she couldn't help sparring with him. "So what do you want me to do? Stay put when I can obviously do something to save Bakugo? You of all people should know I'm not weak—"

Shoto took her arm, forcing Ayla to look at him. In one fluid motion, he immediately dropped to one knee and positioned his shoulder to her abdomen. The two-toned boy clasped his hands behind her back and stood up from the lunge position. The world rotated and Ayla found herself slung over his broad shoulders like a doll in a short instant. With his free hand, he opened Izuku's room door and exited, not bothering to say anything.

"Shoto, put me down!" Ayla shouted frantically from an upside down perspective, seeing everyone from Class 1-A as well as every nurse and doctor in the hallway look at them incredulously. 

Shoto finally stopped when they reached Ayla's hospital room again. The blonde was set down carefully on the ground and before she could think about slapping him, he caught her wrist, backed her against a wall and pressed his right palm beside her head. "How sure are you about saving Bakugo and going to the League of Villains' headquarters?"

Ayla narrowed her purple orbs up at him. "I don't need you to keep an eye on me. I can manage just fine on my own—"

"You're misunderstanding something, Ayla."

"And what is that?" The blonde taunted.

"You think my first instinct is to protect you. Because you're small, or a girl. But you're wrong." He leans his face close to hers and wraps his fingers around her chin. His left hand was warm, when was the last time he used his quirk? Her skin tingles at the point of contact, like he's transmitting electricity through his skin. "My first instinct is to push you until you break, just to see how hard I have to press." he says, his fingers squeezing at the word break. Her body tenses at the edge in his voice, so she is coiled as tight as a spring, and she forgets to breathe. His dark eyes lifting to hers, he adds, "But I resist."

"Why..." She swallows hard. "Why is that your first instinct?"

"Fear doesn't shut you down; it wakes you up. I've seen it. It's fascinating." He releases her but doesn't pull away, his hand grazing her jaw, her neck. "Sometimes I just want to see it again. Want to see you awake."

"The only time you've seen me scared was when I saw that scary-looking villain—"

"That's wasn't real fear." interrupted Shoto. "I watched you when you realized Yaoyorozu was in danger and rushed to her. That was real."

They stared at each other in an odd way, as if it were a silent argument. Then Ayla realized how dangerously close he was—his lips mere centimetres away from her. She could feel his cool breath on her face, eyes strangely dark as they pierced her soul. Desiring another person is perhaps the most risky endeavor of all. As soon as you want somebody—like really want him—it is as though you have taken a surgical needle and sutured your happiness to the skin of that person, so that any separation will now cause a lacerating injury. And yet to burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. His eyes are open, watching her flushed face, her ragged breathing. She tried to stop herself from making embarrassing noises. As Shoto draws closer she feels her heart beat so hard she fears he'll hear it. Her eyes close, head tilts upward and then—

The door opens suddenly with a loud bang and a nurse comes in. "Ayla?"

The two-toned boy pulled away from the pinned blonde and whirled to look at the nurse. The purple-eyed had to suppress a whine that wanted to escape her lips at the sudden absence of his skin and hers in contact. "Yes?" she asked.

"Ayla, we need to perform surgery on you." The nurse said.

The purple-eyes raised knotted her thin eyebrows in dread. "How long is it going to take?"

"A few hours." She answered and went to prepare the bed. Multiple surgeons entered the room, ready for work. "You'll wake up later tonight."

The blonde's eyes widened. "That'll take too long—!"

"Ayla." Shoto reminded harshly. "I hope you're not thinking what I think you are."

The blonde lowered her head, eyes glued to her feet in defeat. "But I can't just sit here knowing I can do something..."

"Leave it to us." he said, and turned to exit the room and leave the surgeons to do their job. "We'll bring him back, I promise."

"Wait, Shoto." she whispered before grabbing hold of his sleeve. "You better be careful too."

He whipped around and gently cupped her cheek. The simple touch sent a wave of butterflies coursing through her veins, their fluttering wings easing the dread that had settled inside her. "I'll be back before you know it."

* * * * *

Hours later, Ayla woke as if it's an emergency, as if sleeping had become a dangerous thing. Her heart beats fast and there is a buzzing in her brain and together they are as panic with jump-leads. Only now her brain is as a flat battery, the exertions of the night being a marathon of erratic problem-solving. She sat up and sighed heavily, glancing at the clock. It was already pretty late at night, have the others succeeded in rescuing that red-eyed with a foul mouth? She hugged her knees and buried her head into her arms. Ayla reached her hand up to flick her hair back and as she did so the ticking from the waiting room wall clock seemed to get louder, limiting her patience. Heavy footsteps approached her room as Ayla snapped her head upward in anticipation. It was then when she made direct eye contact with an ash blond.

He edged at the doorway awkwardly then stepped in with his usual scowl. "Kirishima told me to come straight here. What did you want, discount Barbie?"

"Katsuki!" she exclaimed with a wide smile. "You're okay!"

Disgust took over the red-eyed's features as he sized the girl with his eyes. "Since when were we on first name basis?"

"Since I decided to." Ayla said with dignity and kicked the blanket off her body. She carefully set her feet down on the floor and stood up.

Katsuki moves toward her anxiously. "Relax, you just had surgery, dumbass. The drug is still active."

Ayla gripped the end of her mattress. "That doesn't mean I can't—" her legs wobbled as she tried to take a step forward. She felt the strength in them completely disappear. The purple-eyed girl let her body fall as she braced herself for the impact—

Katsuki dashed to her side and slipped his arm around her waist, catching her before she could hit the ground. "Why don't you ever listen?"

Ayla looked up at him. "I knew you wouldn't join the the League of Villains."

"Oh, yeah?" The red-eyed asked, holding her shoulders so she could balance herself before he let go of her. "How could you be so sure?"

"Katsuki, you're hot-headed." Ayla said through a smile. "Not stupid."

He smirked appreciatively. The simple gesture made her feel somehow accomplished, glad that there was something else other than a scowl on his face.

Ayla's eyes wandered down to his hand. It didn't look bruised or anything but it looked a little deformed. Without asking, her fingers bent down to brush his. "Is your hand alright—?"

Katsuki inhaled sharply and retracted his hand behind his back quickly. "I'm fine."

Ayla frowned at his response, knowing he's injured. "You've been through enough, you should give yourself a break. Did you even ask a nurse to—"

The ash blond clicked his tongue in annoyance. "I told you, I'm fine. Quit pestering."

"For the love of God, Katsuki." she grunted, upset with his unreasonable attitude. "All you have to do is ask for help. It's not that fucking hard!"

Her sudden burst surprised him. "A-Ayla..."

"Can you please, just once in your life, rely on someone other than yourself?"

Katsuki remained silent.

"Your hand," Ayla forcefully reached behind him
and grabbed his wrist. Both her hands clasped around his took his. "There's a muscle spasm." she proceeded to gently massage it, applying the right amount of pressure throughout.

"Hold on, were you..." said the ash blond as he tucked a strand of her gold hair to have a better look at her flustered face. "worried about me?"

Katsuki watched as Ayla's cheeks suddenly kissed pink like a spring rose, the blooming colour so cute against her skin. "O-Of course I was!"

"It doesn't seem right to drag you into my problems."

"D-Drag you into my problems?" Ayla sputtered. "You—" she began—and then to both of their surprise—clearly her own, she flung herself at Katsuki, wrapping her arms around his neck. He staggered backward, unprepared for the assault, but he recovered quickly enough. His arms went around her and he held her tightly, her blonde head just under his chin. Katsuki couldn't quite tell—Ayla was speaking too softly, but it sounded like she was swearing at him under her breath.

Katsuki hangs back, allowing her time to compose herself, fighting back with all his might the smile that wants to break out. It was odd for Katsuki to make a connection so fast, to give his trust so easily, tentative though it was. There was something in the way she smiled, a warmth, a genuineness, a softness of spirit he just couldn't pass up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 423 37
All her life, Y/n has been told what to do. It was easy. Only having to do what was expected of her, the objective of her life carved into her her bo...
20.8K 897 70
***READ 'NUMB' FIRST (ON MY PROFILE)*** Damn it Todoroki What the fuck did you do? Why the fuck did you do this to me? Why the fuck didn't you come b...
480K 13.3K 16
You have a fire quirk, the exact same as Shoto's. How will he react when he first sees you? What will you say to him? How do your paths intertwine? T...
1.1K 33 23
This is a reader x Todoroki ff Your name is Hitori Niko(You may change it to your own) ------------------------------ "Niko, please return to me.."Hi...