The Straw Hat's Red Devil - S...

By DeadGirlEternal

She's the Daughter of Red-Haired Shanks; she was dropped off to live with Luffy. She met Ace & Sabo, but when... More

Dakota Le Roux
THE VOW
WHO IS SHE?
OUR RED-HAIRED ASSASSIN
BONDING, TROUBLE & THE BARATIE
TROUBLE AT THE BARATIE
FOUGHT WITH STYLE
WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, NAMI!
TURMOIL & TRUTH
THE BEGINNING OF THE SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART ONE
SHOWDOWN: THE STRAW HAT PIRATES VS THE ARLONG PIRATES - PART TWO
GOODBYE PARTY, HELLO OCEAN
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 1
LOGUETOWN: CAUSING TROUBLE PART 2
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 1
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 2
THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 3
THE TWIN CAPES LIGHTHOUSE - OLD FRIENDS AND NEW ADVENTURES
I've been Tagged!!!
BOUNTY HUNTERS' NEST OF SECRETS AND REVEALS
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 1
BIG JUNGLE STUCK IN THE JURASSIC PERIOD PART 2
I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD - PT 1
I HATE BEING USELESS! I HATE BEING INJURED! I HATE BEING COLD! - PART 2
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 1: SIBLING REUNION
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 2: TRAVELLING TO YUBA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 3: WE'RE COMING FOR YOU CROCODILE!
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 4: STOP OPERATION UTOPIA
SAVING ALABASTA - PART 5: THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
MINI STRAW HAT ADVENTURES
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 1
Author Note Update
IT DOES EXIST! HEAD FOR THE SKY! PART 2
WE MADE IT TO THE SKY ISLAND!
THE STRAW HATS START TROUBLE ON THE SKY ISLAND
THE STRAW HATS SEPARATED BUT NOT ALONE

THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 4

623 16 0
By DeadGirlEternal

THE GRAND LINE CAN WAIT: PART 4

East Blue Saga - Warship Island Arc - Episode 60 - 61 (End of Saga)

Dakota's POV:

I land on the raft lightly and wrap Apis in my arms, letting her cry on my shoulder for our friend as he lies in the water. "GRANDPA RYU!" She screams with such heartache I hold her tighter, trying to take the pain away. "Grandpa Ryu." She whimpers into my shoulder and clings onto me as the Marines shoot a harpoon towards the ancient dragon, but thankfully Luffy catches it before it can touch Grandpa Ryu.

"What are you doing?" Luffy asks with a deadly tone, and the Commodore laughs loud enough to hear him from where we are.

"You little twerp, you don't even know what you're standing on." The Commodore laughs rather loud. "The only thing I want is that Millennium Dragon's bones. When I acquire that Dragonite, I will obtain eternal youth!" He laughs some more, angering Luffy as he tightens his grip on the harpoon and throws it back at the Marine battleship.

"BASTARD!" Luffy screams angrily, throws the harpoon hard towards the Commodore, and hits the wall to his left, leaving him agape. "Grandpa Ryu isn't some object! He's our friend! We've sailed together! He's an important friend to us!"

"Poppycock!" The Commodore shouts back, "If that's your answer, why don't you just sink into the sea with your 'friend'? Pesky nuisance... how dare you throw that harpoon at me! Kill that twerp as well!" The Marine next to him talks back, but I can't hear them well enough, but I know it's not good as I jump from the raft onto the Going Merry.

"Aim all cannons at the ocean surface! Aye!" The Marine subordinates shout, and they move the cannons. I look over to Grandpa Ryu and Luffy to see the dragon sinking further into the water as Luffy talks to Grandpa Ryu when an earthquake shakes through the surrounding ocean of Warship Island. I grab onto Apis and tie her to Usopp's back for now.

"Untie me!" Apis protests as I finish the knot with an unaware Usopp. "I have to get to Grandpa Ryu!"

"What's that?!" Usopp wonders and turns to see Apis tied to his back. "What did that happen?" He asks and sees me smiling at him.

"See now I know you'll look after her," I tell him and walk away.

"Just let Luffy take care of Grandpa Ryu!" Usopp tells her.

"No, no, no!" She argues back, struggling to break free. "I'm going! I'm going! I'm going!"

"He'll keep him safe! You'll see!" He yells over the quake.

"The whole ocean is shaking!" Nami yells over the rumbling. "What is this! What's happening?!" I walk over to her and see Luffy pulling on Grandpa Ryu's feathers, trying to keep him afloat, and the quake gets rougher, and I see land coming closer to the ocean surface. The Marines are in the middle of the earthquake as it worsens, and they light the cannons firing on Grandpa Ryu and Luffy. As if sensing something, the ancient dragon lifts his head and gives another mighty roar as if calling out for something or someone.

"Grandpa Ryu!" Apis calls out to him.

"What's he crying for?" Usopp wonders.

"He's calling them." She answers.

"Calling who?" The others ask her.

"The Millennium Dragons scattered around the world. 'The time has come.' is what he's saying." The young girl answers.

"'The time has come'?" Nami echoes and looks over. "What does that mean?" I look around and see something in the distance.

"O-Oi, what're those!" Usopp yells and points over.

"Akuma-Akuma no Human-Demon Form: Eyes From Hell," I say, and my eyes change as always; I focus off into the distance and see a flock of Millennium Dragons flying towards us fast, soon flying over.

"M-Millennium Dragons! The sky's full of 'em..." Usopp stutters in awe.

"I bet they're Grandpa Ryu's Nakama!" I smile as I watch them fly overhead.

"Yeah!" Apis awes as we all watch, and I see a Millennium fly close to the water in front of the main battleship and fly close, spooking the Commodore, and tilting him over, which I can't help but laugh. I see the Millennium Dragons fly around in a circle above our heads, and I hear Grandpa Ryu let out a final roar before falling back into the water and sinking further. I hear the gargoyle start laughing, angering Luffy, and he stretches his arm towards the flying Millennium Dragons above.

"Gum-Gum Rocket!" Luffy shouts and flings himself over the flying, then stretches his leg higher. "Axe!" he brings his leg down over the main battleship, lets go of the dragon's neck and snaps the ship in half before retracting his leg as the battleship falls into the water. I look in shock at the power behind Luffy's smash and the wave of water from the impact with a small shower.

"WHAT HAPPENED!? HE KILLED THE COMMODORE!" The Marines shout in fright, and Luffy, with his angry face, marches up. The Marines freak out, wanting out of here; they ready the ship and forget the chains connecting them, making them bump into each other. The once-perfect circle breaks around us as the Marines try to flee, and I untie Apis from Usopp as the boys return to the ship.

"Wahh! That was cool!" Usopp beams, and I let Apis on the floor.

"Nami-san, Dakota, My Love! I'm back~!" I hear Sanji shout to us.

"Shut up and get on!" I hear Zoro snap at him,

"Where's Luffy?" I ask them as they come aboard.

"Gum-Gum Rocket!" Luffy shouts, and we look over to see him shoot his arm up from the destroyed ship into the air above, wrapping around one of the necks of the Millennium Dragons and shooting himself up. He comes falling towards the boat, and I run to the middle and have my arms out ready as he comes closer, and he lands hard in my arms, making us both fall on the floor. "Yo!" He greets us as he sits up.

"No 'yo's'?!" Nami snaps and helps me to my feet, and I see Apis run to the back of the ship. "Be a little gentler when you land! You're gonna break the ship!"

"Grandpa Ryu." Apis cries, and another quake comes around, shaking the ship and water around us as if something is getting closer.

"An earthquake?" Sanji wonders as if it's the first one.

"Again?" Nami wonders, and I walk over to Apis as she sits on the floor crying.

"Grandpa Ryu... my promise to Grandpa Ryu... I couldn't keep it... I couldn't take him to the Dragon's Nest..." Apis sobs, and I place her in my arms, letting her cry as she holds onto me for dear life.

"Grandpa Ryu's wish came true," Luffy tells her, and she looks over my shoulder. "The Millennium Dragons are calling... can't you hear them?" Once he says this, a massive shockwave blows through from the Warship Island; I hold onto Apis as the rumbling becomes louder, and I see the water shoot up in random places revealing columns of rocks, and the ocean floor comes closer.

"So that's what it means!" I hear Nami yell over the rumbling.

"What do you mean, Nami-san?" Sanji asks her from the other side of the ship.

"Just like the fresco said, the Dragon's Nest is here! The name 'Millennium' doesn't refer to their lifespan. It means they come to this island once every 1000 years! The Millennium Dragons are migratory! The flock didn't just appear here by chance! 'Lost Island' is the perfect name for it. It only surfaces once every 1000 years! There's no way any living human would remember it surfacing! And now, this very moment... the Dragons Nest is going to appear!" Nami explains over the rumbling, and the land becomes more abundant, with Marine battleships getting caught by some of the tall rocks. Finally, the rumbling stops and the dragons stop circling above Warship Island, perch around the corals, and land with small water pools.

"Amazing..." We all say in awe as we look around this fantastic place full of Millennium Dragons.

"So, this is..." Apis says, and I place her on the floor, which is a bad idea as she jumps ship and runs over to Grandpa Ryu.

"Oi, oi, oi, Apis!" Sanji calls after her retreating form, and I jump over after her.

"Apis! Dakota!" Usopp calls after us.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

I chase after Apis as she runs towards the water with Grandpa Ryu lying, not moving; I catch up and scoop her up in my arms; she struggles to break free from my hold. "Grandpa Ryu!" Apis yells, and I walk towards the ancient unmoving dragon into the ocean water, but I begin to feel myself grow weaker as I get further into the salty water. "Grandpa Ryu!" She yells right in my ear, making me cringe at the sheer volume of someone so small. She keeps calling out to him, but he's gone, and I hold her tight as she cries into my shoulder, and I rub her back, soothing her.

"It seems like a coincidence... but the place Grandpa Ryu fell turned out to be the Dragon's Nest. I wonder if that means he can rest in peace." Nami comments from behind us.

"He's fine. Before he sank, he said his wish had come true." Luffy replies, and I can't help but think he's not wrong.

"So this is the Dragon's Nest. There sure are a lot of weird-looking rocks." Usopp comments as he looks around.

"I bet... these are Dragonite. Look at this rock here. Looks like a dragon, don't you think?" Sanji asks, and I look over, and I have to say he's not wrong.

"Well, ya, but... why are the rocks shaped like dragons?" He asks.

"Because during those 1000 years, they were under the ocean. Their bodies became calcified." Nami explains though I doubt any of it went through.

"I see," Usopp lies as if he understood any of it.

"Did you understand a word of that?" Zoro asks him.

"Nope, not a bit!" Usopp replies.

"When elephants die, they go to a place called the 'Elephant's Graveyard', don't they? Maybe that's what this place is. The Dragon's Graveyard." Nami suggests her theory.

"The Dragon's Graveyard..." Zoro mutters, and it seems Apis has had enough of them talking and jumps out of my arms.

"No! That's not true! Grandpa Ryu told me if he returned to the Dragon's Nest, he'd get better! This can't be a graveyard!" Apis shouts at them angrily, not believing them.

"Apis..." I mutter and place my arms around her, trying to comfort her.

"Grandpa Ryu was a lost Millennium Dragon," Luffy tells her.

"Luffy?" Nami questions him, wondering what he'll say to the young girl hoping it won't upset her further.

"For 1000 years, he was all alone. But then, he became friends with you, Apis. out of the 1000 years he lived, for it was the time he spent with you that he treasured most of all." He tells her, and I feel her relax a little.

"Luffy, you can understand what the dragons say?" She asks him.

"Kind of," The rubber boy answers her.

"Cut that out already." Usopp whines.

"But I'm sure that's what he said!" Luffy defends himself.

"Liar," I hear Apis whisper in my arms. "Grandpa Ryu, you liar... this is the Dragon's Nest! If we've found the Dragon's Nest... then open your eyes! Talk to me! Get better again!" She sobs and wraps her arms around my neck, and I hold her close, reminding me of Luffy when we were younger and lost him.

"Grandpa Ryu wasn't lying. He said Millennium Dragons have to return to the Dragons Nest every 1000 years, to be reborn." Luffy tells her, and she stops crying and moves to face the others wiping her tears away.

"Grandpa Ryu will..." Apis whispers.

"Looks over there!" Luffy yells and points over the right, and I see a small-looking oval baby blue-like rock, but it begins to crack, and a small head pushes its way out, revealing a tiny baby Millennium Dragon. Apis gasps in awe at the adorable little creature as it lets out a little cry.

"A baby Millennium Dragon!" Apis exclaims, and four adult Millenniums flock to the hatchling's aid, and it opens its small eyes, letting out a cry. I feel Apis shake, beginning to cry, this time in happiness at the thought of Grandpa Ryu being reborn again. I take her hand, and we walk up the slight incline to the others; she looks back at Grandpa Ryu for the last time, and we meet up with the others at the top.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

"So, you see Apis, this place isn't just the Dragon's Graveyard. It's also... a place that connects them to new life." I tell her as we walk back to the ship through the Dragon's Nest.

"Thank you, everyone. When Grandpa Ryu said 'Return me to the Dragon's Nest.' I think I understand what kind of place this might be. And why Grandpa Ryu wanted to return so badly." Apis says, seeming better over his death.

"Apis..." Nami mutters.

"It's an incredible place. I understand why our ancestors built that temple now." She says, and there's a moment of silence. "Thank you, Luffy." She smiles big. "Now, let's go back to the village! I bet the villagers are scared out of their wits!"

"Yeah!" Luffy agrees with a big grin that is contagious. "Yosha! Let's grab our ship and get off this island!" He raises his hands, and we walk off towards the Going Merry. "Ooh, man, am I hungry! Sanji, make us something good!"

"Sure." Sanji agrees as we walk off.

"With meat! Meat, meat!" He yells his usual order.

"I'll have vegetables and a big pile of bean sprouts!" Usopp yells in his order.

"Like I haven't heard that before." The Love Cook jokes.

"But this place is just incredible! Are all of these really Millennium Dragons?" Usopp asks.

"Sure looks like it..." I comment as we look around the place with dragon-like statues in various poses.

"So much for the Dragonite. If they all turn out like this, it must be just another fairytale." Sanji says, and he's not wrong.

"So that whole 'elixir of eternal youth' thing...?" Usopp asks.

"A dream within a dream. With everything covered in coral like this. There's no way to make an elixir." Nami answers him.

"Guess you're right," He replies with a sigh.

"Those Marines were just wasting their time." Zoro comments, and I notice he still won't look at me since I kissed him on the cheek; I feel Apis holding my hand tighter when a cry of pain bounces through the air towards us. I turn with the others to see Erik standing on one of the taller rocks, fixing his hair with a mean look. I pull Apis closer to my side as she shakes in fear of the Mercenary.

"Man, you're still here?" Luffy whines.

"Indeed... any longer and I would have drowned. Behold. This beautiful radiance... isn't it wonderful? This is the source of the elixir of eternal youth... the Dragonite!" Erik spouts nonsense.

"But with the Millennium Dragons calcified like this, there's no way to make an elixir." I point out his flawed plan.

"So it seems. But you are forgetting the bountiful living Dragonite sitting right before us. How about this: I'm tired of this meaningless fighting. Why don't we just share this fortune?" He offers, but it's not going to work for any of us.

"No," Luffy answers with no hesitation.

"Don't you want eternal life?" The Sickle idiot asks him.

"Not interested." Luffy answers.

"LIAR!" Erik yells angrily. "There is no man who doesn't fear death! And for you and I who have eaten the Devil's Fruit! Only a think line separates us from this world and Hell! There's no way you can't fear death!"

"That's what you think; if this guy's done what he's set out to do. He'll die with a smile on his face." Zoro cuts in, having already seen it before.

"I see. Very well, then. You can just sit there and watch while I claim the Dragonite for myself!" Erik says, and Apis runs out of my hold towards him.

"NO!" Apis yells.

"Stay put, you little pest!" He snaps and tries to strike her, but before I can move, Usopp dives for her and pulls her into him as they roll out of his wind strike.

"Apis!" I call out to her as she sits up, looking okay.

"Don't be so reckless, Apis!" Usopp scolds her lightly.

"Even if it's reckless, I should have to protect them! This is a sacred place for the Millennium Dragons! I will protect this place... FOREVER!" Apis proclaims her vow.

"You still intend to stop me? Then you all shall die here. Kama Kama no Whirlwind Scythe!" Erik snaps and sends two strikes towards Apis and Usopp, but Luffy jumps in front of them, protecting them. They grab each other for dear life as Luffy takes the slashes and falls to his knees; I step forward with Zoro in worry, ready to strike for our Captain.

"Luffy!" She and Usopp exclaim in worry for the rubber boy, but he seems okay, so Zoro and I back off for now.

"He's mine," Luffy tells us.

"But Luffy!" Nami tries to argue.

"I made a promise." He cuts in and runs towards Erik swinging his arm around.

"Kama Kama no Whirlwind Scythe!"

"Gum-Gum Pistol!" They shout, and Luffy stretches out his arm towards Erik but gets sliced up by his attack as he moves out of the way of Luffy's arm, somersaulting back towards another rock. Luffy punches the rock Erik lands on before retracting his arm.

"Is that all you have, rubberman?" Erik taunts Luffy and laughs. "And now, the ultimate kamaitachi technique. No matter where you run or hide, you won't escape. I wonder if you can handle it."

"He's lost it," Zoro comments as we watch the fight.

"Is Luffy in trouble?" Usopp asks.

"Luffy..." Apis whimpers into my side.

"Kama Kama no Wind Scythe Chaos!" Erik yells and sends three large wind vortexes towards Luffy, which seem to break through rock, but he doesn't move.

"I ain't gonna run or hide!" Luffy yells and runs towards the vortexes coming towards him fast.

"Fool! I'll cut you into pieces!" He yells, and Luffy runs through the sharp wind cutting him all over. Luffy jumps over the wind and throws his arms.

"Gum-Gum..." Our Captain shouts and stretches his arms towards Erik, grabbing him by his upper arms.

"W-What the...?" The low-level Assassin panics, and Luffy stretches his neck out far and sends it down.

"Bell!" Luffy shouts and smacks his head into Erik; it's probably giving him a concussion as he breaks his stupid glasses. "And," He stretches his arms behind him, "Bazooka!" He smashes his hands into Erik's stomach as he falls, sending him flying, hopefully for the last time. "I win!"

"We did it!" Apis cheers, and I throw her into the air catching her as she comes closer.

"Let's go back to the village." Nami chuckles, and we make our way to the island's centre.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We make it to the village to see her Grandfather waiting for her, and she jumps out of my arms, running towards the older man and giving him a welcoming hug. We reach the island's edge to see the villagers peering over the side, looking down at the Millennium Dragons in complete awe. "What the hell is this?" "They really exist?!" "So they aren't just a legend?!" The villagers exclaim as they all watch the Millenniums.

"I guess it's going to sink again before long." Nami sighs as we look around.

"When that happens, the Millennium Dragons will have to leave again, huh?" Usopp questions.

"That bay Millennium Dragon will go somewhere too, I guess..." Apis says, and her Grandfather pats her shoulder in comfort.

"So, would everyone care to come over and have some of my famous butaman?" He asks us, turning to face us.

"Oh, we'd love tom really, but we'll have to pass. We're in a bit of a hurry, you see." Nami declines his offer.

"We are? I wanted to try-" Luffy tries to say, but Nami punches him on the back of the head, stopping him. "That hurt!" He holds his head in pain.

"Thanks for the offer, but we have to go." Sanji politely declines the offer.

"Oh, that's unfortunate. It will take three days to prepare. So in the meantime, I'll tell you the story of the Lost Island's royal family." Gramps offers.

"Oh, we've already heard the story..." I decline his offer, and we begin to leave; I feel a small hand pulling on my shirt, stopping me; I look down to see Apis holding onto my shirt. "What is it, Apis?" I ask her and crouch down to her level.

"You're leaving now, and I don't want you to." Apis cries as tears begin to swell, and I hug her close to me.

"I've got something for you. Akuma-Akuma no Demon Form: Devil's Binding Gift." I tell her and pull out of my jeans pocket to reveal two silver necklaces shaped like dragons with two gems attached that make a hole. "This will keep us bound to one another, and I will always be there for you, Apis, no matter what, even if I am at the end of the Grand Line. Though I may not be able to make it here, I've left a Den Den Mushi back at yours with my number already on speed dial," I tell her. She smiles, hugging my neck and pulls away, letting me put the necklace on next to her other one from Grandpa Ryu.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Dakota." Apis cries, and I feel tears starting to well up in my eyes and take her in my arms as we walk back to the Going Merry.

"I'll only be a phone call away," I tell her, holding back my own tears.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

As we make it to the ship, I place her on the ground and hug her one last time before climbing up the ladder onto the Going Merry with the others. "Yosh! Set sail for the Grand Line!" Luffy shouts as we all get aboard and stand over the side, looking over the gathering villagers. "Apis, you wanna come?" He asked her, but I already knew the answer.

"I've had so much fun being with you guys; I'd like to. But I'm going to stay here on the island. I want to learn more about our customs from Grandpa Bokuden. And just as our ancestors protected the Millennium Dragons. I will protect the Dragon's Nest. I'll wait for the day when the baby dragon will return to this island." Apis replies, telling us her dream.

"Wait a minute... the next time they'll come back..." Usopp says, trying to figure out the math. "Won't that be in another thousand years?"

"Don't say stuff to ruin her dream," Sanji tells him, and Apis shakes her head, knowing it is impossible.

"I know that I won't see the baby Dragons when they grow up, but my children or their children will. And we'll protect this island forever!" Apis vows with such determination.

"You're talkin' crazy!" Usopp says, and I slap him over the head, making him yelp from the pain as I may have held back a little.

"You guys do crazy things every day, don't you?" She questions, and she's not wrong. Since I joined, we've had some odd adventures for sure.

"We do?" Luffy asks, and we all stare at him in complete shock, all our mouths wide open; we leave it for now and get ready to set sail for the Red Line. "See ya, Apis!" He calls out as we all wave goodbye.

"Apis! Don't forget about me!" Usopp shouts, "The brave warrior of the sea, Usopp-Sama!"

"Bye-bye!" Nami yells over Usopp.

"Bye-bye!" Apis yells her goodbye as she waves both her arms. She stands on the coast's edge with the villagers standing behind her. "Everyone! Take care!"

"You too! Take care, Apis!" I shout as she runs along, still waving her arms.

"See ya!" We shout our final goodbye together as the Merry sails into open water. "Bye-bye!"

"Bye-bye!" Apis shouts one last time.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

I sit on the side of both on the railing, thinking over my time with the crew, and I watch the island becoming smaller as we sail away. "You think Apis will be alright on her now?" Usopp asks out of the blue.

"Apis will manage. She may be small, but she's full of spirit and courage. She'll be fine." Nami comments, and I have to agree with her.

"You're right, Nami-san." Sanji agrees with her, as always.

"It's okay," Luffy says.

"Yeah!" Zoro adds in.

"Apis is our friend, right?" Luffy asks us.

"Damn straight." I nod in agreement.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

We're close to the Red Line. I can feel it as I stand at the railing by the kitchen as we sail calmly. "Nami-san! Report of love! I see some massive rain clouds dead ahead! And there's a storm under them..." Sanji shouts from the crow's nest with Zoro.

"I guess we're back on our old route. We should be seeing the Red Line soon." Nami mutters to herself from next to me, and I see Luffy stretch up to the crow's nest as we sail closer to the storm clouds, and Luffy keeps shouting from the crow's nest.

"We're finally getting to the Grand Line!" Luffy exclaims, overexcited, and smacks Sanji's back with too much strength. "Hey, Sanji~! We're gettin' there! We're gettin' there, man! We're gettin' there!" He keeps saying as he smacks Sanji on the back.

"Quit that!" Sanji snaps at him and kicks Luffy in the face.

"Sorry..." He says and walks over to Zoro and starts smacking Zoro on the back just as hard. "We're gettin' there! We're gettin' there, man! We're gettin' there!" Luffy says as he smacks Zoro.

"STOP THAT!" Zoro shouts at Luffy as he keeps smacking Sanji and his back hard.

"Guys get in here!" Nami calls us and walks into the kitchen with Usopp at the helm.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

All of us are inside the kitchen, and Nami places the map of the Grand Line on the table as we sit, though Usopp seems to be struggling with keeping us on track as he plays around with the helm. "Look at this," Nami says, gaining our attention. "I've heard the rumours, but it's written here on the map, too. If they're true, then the entrance to the Grand Line is a mountain."

"A mountain?" Luffy echoes as he looks at me.

"You mean we have to crash through the mountain?" Zoro asks.

"The hell...?" Sanji mutters.

"I thought it was crazy too, but there are canals drawn along the mountainside. That might mean we have to climb it. Dakota confirmed my suspicion." Nami explains, and I nod as the boys look at me.

"Sounds like fun!" Luffy cheers lightly.

"What are you talking about? Even if there was a canal, it's impossible for a ship to climb a mountain." Zoro questions, not believing what is about to happen.

"But that's what the map and Dakota say." Nami snaps.

"Of course!" Sanji jumps in. "There's no way Nami-san and Dakota-chan could be mistaken!"

"You stole that map from Buggy, right? You really want to trust it?" Zoro asks, and I think back to Buggy from the stories Dad would tell me when I was a kid.

"Zoro~!" Usopp cries out, "Help me with this damn helm!"

"Sanji-Kun, go help Usopp, will you? I can't think straight with all that noise." Nami complains over Usopp, crying out.

"Sanji, come help me!" Usopp yells.

"Yes, Nami-san!" Sanji yells in obedience and goes over to help. "Here we go!" He seems to be trying, but the helm won't budge. "What?"

"T-the current's flowing too fast!" Usopp says the magic sentence. It means we're near Reverse Mountain!

"Usopp, say that again?" I tell him just to make sure.

"I said the current's flowing too fast!" He repeats himself.

"The current..." Nami mutters to herself as if piecing it all together. "I got it!"

"Got what?" Luffy asks her, not getting it.

"We really do have to climb the mountain." Nami finally gets it.

"You're still talking about that?" Zoro asks, and I get up, moving next to Nami at the head of the table, and I point at Reverse Mountain on the map.

"Look here," I tell them. "Listen. There's no doubt the 'guiding light' was pointing here. Here on the Red Line, Reverse Mountain." Sanji joins us as I explain.

"Oi! What am I suppose to do here!?" Usopp rages from the helm, still holding on for dear life.

"See the canal here? If a strong current from each of the four oceans flows towards this mountain. The four currents would climb the mountain, meet at the top and flow straight down into the Grand Line. Since Reverse Mountain is a 'Winter Island' the currents collide with the Red Line travel down towards the ocean floor. If we can't make it into the canal, the Going Merry will slam straight into the Red Line, and the ship will be destroyed. Nothing left but ocean debris. Understand?" I explain as best I can, and even Nami seems impressed though I've travelled through the Red Line so many times in the past five years alone.

"I see! So it's a 'Mystery Mountain', right?" Luffy asks, and I shake my head as he laughs to himself.

"I don't think you understand at all. In any case, this ship's already riding on one of those currents. So if we don't mess up our steering, we should make it up Reverse Mountain in one piece." Nami tells the others, and I nod in agreement.

"Nami-san, Dakota, My Love you're both so awesome!" Sanji gushes at us from the other end of the table.

"I ain't ever heard of that. Ships climbing mountains." Zoro dismisses it, and I smirk.

"I've heard something." Sanji buts in, and I look at him surprised though I suppose Zeff told him something.

"About the Mystery Mountain?" Luffy asks our cook.

"Nope." He answers. "Just that about half of the wannabes die trying to enter the Grand Line. So I know it ain't easy to get in."

"You're not wrong, but common sense in the Grand Line is fruitless," I tell them, and I see the rain is becoming denser.

"Sanji-Kun, the sail please!" Nami shouts as we walk outside though I stop for mine and Nami's raincoats, hers is bright pink, and mine is navy blue.

"Right away, Nami-san!" Sanji answers and runs to fix the sails. "Luffy, get your ass over here!" Luffy and Sanji climb the ladder to the top and rein in the sails.

"Oi!" Luffy screams through the heavy rain. "I can see the Mystery Mountain!" We all run over to see the Red Line.

"What?!" We all exclaim.

"Man, it's huge!" Usopp yells with his jaw-dropping to the floor.

"The entrance to the Grand Line," Nami says, and I hear Luffy laugh.

"So that's the Red Line, eh?" Luffy questions, and I nod, seeing the sizeable red rock face coming closer.

"Y-You c-can't even see the peak past the clouds!" Usopp screams in fright, and the ship violently shifts into the current.

"We're getting sucked in!" He yells as he hangs from the sail. "Grab the helm!"

"We've got it!" The cowardly Sniper yells, running into the kitchen.

"Leave it to me!" Sanji yells, joining Usopp.

"N-Nami!" Luffy shouts, and I see through the fog that the gateway is becoming visible the closer we get. "Where's the entrance, eh!? If we head straight, we'll run into the cliff!"

"Nami, what should we do?!" Usopp shouts, and I see the gateway coming into focus.

"Hold our path steady!" Nami replies, seeing what I'm seeing.

"You sure?!" He questions her, and I turn my head.

"Just do it!" I shout up to them, and Luffy jumps down next to Nami.

"Dakota, is that the canal entrance?" Luffy asks, and I nod.

"We're almost there!" I exclaim, and they all look at me as I smirk.

"Unreal..!" I hear Zoro mutter and see him looking through the binoculars, and I know what he's seeing. "The water really IS climbing up the mountain."

"Make sure we go straight between those water gates, okay! If we don't, the ship'll be smashed to pieces." I warn the others as we get closer.

"We're drifting!" Luffy shouts, and he's right as we drift to the left. "More to the right! Right! Right!"

"Okay, hard to starboard!" Usopp says, and both he and Sanji push and pull on the helm as the ship rocks back and forth from the harsh waves as we get lured by the current. I hear a crash from inside and look to see Sanji and Usopp go flying along with the helm, meaning we're going without steering.

"THE HELM!" We all shout as we get closer to the water gates.

"Gum-Gum Balloon!" Luffy shouts and jumps off the ship and inflates his stomach as the Going Merry drifts to the correct water gate post, and Luffy's stomach cushions the blow. I see Luffy go blue in the face as we move and bounce off of him, leaving him behind.

"LUFFY!" Zoro and I shout as Luffy floats in the air.

"Grab hold!" Zoro yells, and Luffy deflates his stomach and stretches his arm out, grabbing Zoro's outstretched hand. Luffy flings towards us, and I move out of the way, and he falls onto the lower deck, head in the wooden board, breaking it with his head. Though Sanji and Usopp are celebrating inside the kitchen, something terrible is still coming. I hope he's not at the entranceway again; I don't want a repeat of last time.

"WE MADE IT!" Everyone screams, and I laugh, taking off my raincoat along with Nami.

"And now, we'll head straight to the peak!" Nami yells, and I walk over to Luffy as he tries to get his head from the wooden board; I pull his shirt, and he pops out, landing on his ass.

"Sweet!" Luffy cheers and gets to his feet, running off. "Hey, I wanna see it too!" I walk behind Luffy to the front and see our ascent to the peak. "A-Awesome!" I look over to our right to see Erik standing there looking menacing, and we all stop our celebration for now.

"You bastards!" Erik cusses at us as he stands on the railing overlooking us.

"Uh, oh. The Okama Fruit guy... you don't give up," Luffy mutters as we stand off.

"Shut up!" He snaps at us. "You have crossed me for the last time. Thanks to you, my dream of obtaining the Dragonite is gone! But I won't let it end like that! I will at least have the pleasure of taking that 65,000,000 heads of yours! Surrender now!" The lowlife rages and points at Luffy and me.

"What should we do? If he uses that kamaitachi thing here, there's no telling what he'll cut!" Sanji worries as Usopp holds onto him, freaking out as usual.

"We don't have any room to move..." Zoro points out, and I look around, but I don't think we can get rid of him without more legroom.

"Well, well! Not any of you can lay a finger on me!" Erik laughs as he taunts us.

"Ahh! Dragonite!" Nami lies and points to the floor, the idiot looks, giving her the room to walk over and kicks out his leg, and he falls, skidding into the water. I stare at the others in shock, not having thought about it. "Bye-bye!" Nami waves him off, and we all hit our fists into our palms.

"Oh! Shoulda thought of that!" We all say together.

"Since he's a hammer, he won't be bothering us anymore~!" She explains with a big grin.

"Even if he COULD swim, this current's just too choppy!" Usopp cuts in, smirking.

"That's my Nami-san~!" Sanji coos at her, and we all laugh in relief and celebration.

"We made it to the clouds!" Luffy yells as we reach the clouds, enveloping us in a deep fog. Luffy runs to the figurehead and sits as the current becomes more challenging as we get closer to the peak. I look up and see the top of the mountains as we make it out above the clouds, where the spits of water turn to ice from the freezing temperature. "AWESOME!" He exclaims with joy. "We got above the clouds!" I look up, seeing the peak in all its glory, the spits of water turning into ice, making a fantastic display.

"Look! The mountain peak! It's the peak!" Nami shouts as we make it to the peak and fly over the water in the air.

"YAHOO!" The goofball cheers and laughs, and I grab onto the railing, waiting for the drop seconds later, with everyone floating in the air as the ship drops into the water below. I let go as everyone falls back onto the Going Merry, and we sail down towards our path for the Grand Line as we move towards the clouds.

ONE PIECE - WARSHIP ISLAND ARC

3rd POV:

Everyone stares ahead, thinking about what the Grand Line can bring them. "Mihawk is here..." Zoro thinks as he knows he must become stronger to win it out with the World's Greatest Swordsman and win.

"Getting closer to All Blue..." Sanji hopes their journey along the Grand Line brings them to the All Blue.

"A complete map of the world..." Nami smiles as she imagines all the islands they will see on their adventures.

"To prove I'm the sea's bravest pirate!" Usopp thinks as he imagines the praise of adoring people though deep inside, he's terrified of what the Grand Line holds, and he looks at Dakota as she picks at her nails, deep in thought.

"To avenge my Mother and find the bastard who did it! I'm going to find you!" Dakota thinks as she picks at her nails, trying to calm her temper.

"I can see it! The greatest ocean in the world... Grand Line! And somewhere ahead... One Piece is waiting! LET'S GO!" Luffy yells, and I laugh as we sail down towards the clouds.

So this is different from the exact end as I will do the Reverse Mountain Arc as it fits into the whole ending of the East Blue Saga and starts the Alabasta Saga with it being the beginning of the Grand Line. It's two episodes which will work out as one chapter extra. So thank you for your fantastic support, and enjoy. DEADGIRLETERNAL OUT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.5K 1.1K 22
Sukoshi Monsuta is a six year old girl that lives on Peril Island with her sister, father, and pregnant mother. Their island was always full of laugh...
180 10 4
Few know about Foreston D. Lillian's past. Most people know her as the Straw Hat Pirates' Huntress. The crew knows she is Luffy's younger sister. Luf...
35.5K 382 29
Description Neglected by his family for his younger siblings Nemma and Mito naruto has only a few friends and tho he loves them so so much...
339K 10.8K 35
(L/n) (Y/n), a 19-year-old girl, is a big fan of One Piece. She's always alone and never had a best life. While on her way home, she got into an acci...