How To Train Your Dragon: The...

By Moonstone360

My names Eylimi, great name I know but it's not the worst. I live on the island of Berk and life here is amaz... More

Beginning Info
Chapter 1 - This Is Berk
Chapter 2 - Secrets and Tips
Chapter 3 - Dragon Training
Chapter 4 - Old Friend
Chapter 5 - New Tricks
Chapter 6 - Suspicious Astrid
Chapter 7 - Hunter, Meet Cloudjumper.
Chapter 8 - Final Test
Chapter 9 - Run Away
Chapter 10 - Old Friends
Chapter 11 - Hiccups Nightmare
Chapter 12 - How To Really Train A Dragon
Chapter 13 - The End Of The Beginning
Update
Chapter 14 - This? This is Berk
Chapter 15 - Thorsday Thursday
Chapter 16 - Disappearance
Chapter 17 - Hunters Mistake
Chapter 19 - Masked Rider
Chapter 20 - Evolved Dragons
Chapter 21 - Stubbornness Of A Viking
Chapter 22 - The Final Dragon Attack
Chapter 23 - Berk Under Attack
Chapter 24 - Fate That Cannot Be Changed
Chapter 25 - The Man In The Mask
Chapter 26 - This Was Berk
Epilogue
Ending Info

Chapter 18 - Sorry Doesn't Change Anything

4.9K 193 73
By Moonstone360

I'm warning you now, sad chapter ahead folks.

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

How could he? We are supposed to trust each other. I remember Hunters last words to me yesterday when he tried to get me to answer the front door.

-------------------
Flashback:
-------------------

"Eylimi, please answer." He begged.

"Go away!" I yelled back from inside.

"Please, I'm so sorry Eylimi." He apologised but I wasn't in the mood.

"Sorry doesn't change anything!" I yelled before ignoring any words after and walking up to my room.

-------------------------
End of Flashback:
-------------------------

I sighed as I sat on my bed. Windwalker nudged me as I rewrapped the bandage around my wrist. The terror curled up on the bed next to me before falling asleep. Lazy dragon, all he ever does is sleep. I saw small rings of smoke slowly rise up next to him as he breathed.

I looked back down to my wrist. It should be okay. Just the shock of the fall I guess. I heard a horn blow. They are starting a dragon race now? Really?! I heard it again. I sat up with wide eyes. Then I heard if for the third time. I jumped out of bed grabbing windwalker from next to me as he wrapped himself around my shoulders.

I grabbed my staff resting next to my bed as I slid out the window rather than going out the door. I landed in the snow. Luckily it was a soft landing. Windwalker whined in complaint. I looked up to see a huge mass of dragons covering the sky.

Windwalker ditched me. He stood on my head before jumping into flight and flying up to join the untrained dragons. What is he doing? I ran down to the square where vikings were running around like mad.

"DRAGON ATTACK!" Someone yelled as they ran past me. I ran into the forge where I see dad looking for his shield which is technically also a crossbow, grabbing hook and net thrower.

"Eylimi! They came out of no where!" He said quickly while ducking head under a table as part of the roof caught fire.

"Where's Toothless? Isn't he supposed to be bringing the dragons to the ground?" I asked.

"That's the thing! I can't stop him. He's up on the hill, he's telling the trained dragons to leave!" He stated pointing to the direction of the hill.

"Like retreat?" I wondered as I moved slightly because lava exploded outside the forge.

"No, the dragons are joining the new ones!" He yelled as he picked up his now found shield.

"How are we supposed to train them?" I asked as he ran past me.

"Don't! Just get ours back on the ground!" He ordered as he ran out.

"Oh! I am hurt, I am very much hurt!" Tuffnut suddenly ran into the forge and sat in a bucket of water. "Ah, that's better." He smiled. I'm not even going to ask.

"You heard the orders. Go!" I heard mum yell as the gang ran off with a nod. "Where's your father?" She asked, rushing over to me.

"He just left." I told her.

"Ugh. HICCUP!" She yelled walking out of the forge avoiding a Nadder spike.

"Come on Eylimi, we need you." Gobber ordered, pushing me out of the forge. I ran into the square where I see the hill behind the houses. Toothless stood on top with an arched back roaring, trying to take off from the ground but failed.

"STORMFLY!" I heard mum yell as she ran past me. They came back! I knew the missing dragons would come back! "Come here girl!" Mum smiled as Stormfly landed on the forge roof.

"ASTRID!" I watched as dad pushed her to the ground. Stormfly shot a fire blast at her. Why would she do that? She's her dragon. Why is she turning against us. "You okay?" He checked.

"We need to move." Mum replied and they ran towards the hill. I stood dumbfounded. Why are the dragons turning against us? Cloudjumper past me about to take off. No, he can't leave me too! Just before he cloud take into flight I flung my staff around in front of him.

He concentrated on the rattling noise as I slowly lead him into the forge. He followed me into the back room where I locked the door. Good, now that he's in there he can't go anywhere. I saw the gang pulling their dragons into their houses. Why are they trying to leave us? Firedrop ran past me.

"Firedrop!" I yelled trying to get her attention. She took to the air before I cloud say anything else. All the dragons of Berk and the new ones hovered in the air above us. What's happening?!

--------------------
Hunter's POV:
--------------------

Firedrop just ditched me, leaving me outside my house. Not that I have a house, it's just been blown to pieces! I ran after her. I came to the edge of the middle of town where I saw her flying in the air. Suddenly she shot a Eylimi below me.

"Eylimi!" I yelled, not that she can hear me. I saw her dodge the blast and run towards the houses for cover. Suddenly a dragon landed in front of me. It kept changing colour, not just colour, shape! Deadly Nadder, Windwisp, hobblegrunt...what is it?!

I noticed what it was as it got closer. It kept changing shape as I stepped back with my arms up for protection. It was a Sleek Hypnotiser! A rare dragon that tricks you to make you think it is something else. It doesn't actually change shape but it has the power to hypnotise you to make you think it has.

It got closer and closer to me until I was pushed up against a house. I held my hands out in defence. Before I could do anything it placed its head in my hands and I went into a uncontrolled frozen state.

I heard the dragon talk to me. Not as if you were hearing someone speak. It was different. It's like when you think something but you don't actually say it to yourself. I wasn't hearing the dragon but I understood what it wanted.

It told me the dragon times are over, that they have to go. It said their master told them it was time. The dragon race is over! The dragons cannot live on. It showed me images of fields. These strange explosions everywhere. I saw people charging at each other, dragons shooting at their own kind! Lastly it asked for my help. It said everything will be explained if I accept.

I fell to my knees in shock as it removed itself from my touch. It sat in front of me waiting for me to stand up. What does it mean the dragon race is over? What where all those strange explosions? All I understand is they need my help. Why me?

I stood up and looked at the creature as it stopped changing shape. It went to what I hope is its original form. It what white and about the size of Firedrop. It had two legs with winged arms to make up for the missing two like a monstrous nightmare. It had a long neck with a head with a spike. It had a tail with one flat wing covering both sides equally, guessing so it can swim.

It waited for me to give a reply. I looked down to the square where I saw Eylimi dodging a few Nadder spikes. They stopped and she looked around where she eventually looked up to me. She held her gaze on me from below. I thought for a moment. There is nothing left for me here. Firedrops gone, mum and dad are always fishing, the gang hate me, Eylimi...Eylimi doesn't need me.

I looked back at the Sleek Hypnotiser. I nodded slightly and it stood up before giving me a grin and flying away. Is something supposed to happen, oh no! Suddenly I was shot at my a Hotburple. I dodged and ducked to the ground. I saw a few dragons heading my way, their claws out in front ready to rip me in half. There was no escaping from this.

--------------------
Eylimi's POV:
--------------------

I dodged the last Nadder spiked before I got a chance to breath. I looked around until I noticed Hunter up above me, he was looking down at the town below him. I saw a strange dragon beside him. It looked at me and suddenly my gaze went blurry. I rubbed my eyes before returning my gaze back to the dragon. Oh, it was just a Zippleback.

Hunter looked at me for a moment. I looked up to him wondering what he was doing. He took his gaze off me without even a smile. He's never done that before. He looked at the Zippleback and nodded gently. I saw the dragon fly away. Suddenly a Hotburple shot at him.

"HUNTER!" I yelled and began running up to him. As I ran I watched several dragons dove at him. Just as I was a few seconds away from reaching him the herd of dragons suddenly dove at him, their talons out.

Suddenly they surrounded him and I couldn't see him anymore. A few seconds later they flew away and I looked at where Hunter once was. He wasn't there anymore. I ran over to the place and fell to my knees. I looked at the ground where all there was left was a helmet. I picked it up as I felt tears running down my cheeks.

"NOOO! HUNTER!" I yelled as I felt someones arms wrap around me, pulling me to my feet. "No, no, NO!" I yelled as I noticed dad pulling me away. I dropped the helmet accidentally. I know dad was pulling me away for my own good but I wasn't going to take it. It's all my fault. It wasn't his fault he hurt me it was an accident.

"Eylimi, it's okay. It's okay." Dad tried to comfort as he hugged me tighter to stop me from running out of his grasp.

"NO STOP!" I yelled but he kept trying to pull me away. Gobber joined in to help him. They both had their arms around me trying to pull me away from the area. "NO this can't be happening. Please. Stop! Let me go!" I yelled and kicked while tears over took my vision. My feet were picked up off the floor as both dad and Gobber quickly rushed me back towards the house. "NOOOO!" I yelled.

They sat me in a chair once the door was closed. Mum rushed in. I could still hear explosions outside from the dragons. This is a nightmare. What's happening?!!!! Mum knelt down in front of me and held my arms with both her hands to stop me from getting up. She shook me a bit to snap me out of it but I was still crying my eyes out. Gobber ran into the other room to try and find a glass of water.

First Valka now this. I can't live like this. I've tried so hard to not mention of Valka since her time came. Now Hunters gone too. This can't be happening. This cannot be happening! Mum tried to hold me still while dad stood trying to tell me something but I want listening to a word he was saying. I ran short of breath as my cries got heavier. I'm so sorry Hunter. I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

How could I be mad at you for that. It wasn't your fault I got hurt. You were just trying to protect me. I wish I had seen that sooner. I noticed myself shaking out of fright. Mum kept holding me still. She shook me a bit.

"Eylimi stop, you need to listen to me. Eylimi." She spoke strong to make sure I could understand.

"No! This can't be happening. Please no!" I yelled and tried to pull out of her grasp.

"Listen, listen. It's okay. It's okay." Dad repeated, holding my cheek.

"No! No it's not okay! This shouldn't be happening! It's all my fault!" I yelled through tears.

"It's not your fault!" Mum shook me again to try and snap me out of it. I didn't notice before but I noticed now that the blasts had stopped and I couldn't hear the dragons anymore. They, left. The door burst open as the gang rushed it.

"We heard screaming!" Vika said with concern.

"Oh my gods, Eylimi!" Vidgrip rushed over to me but dad stood up and held him back.

"Everyone outside." He ordered as he walked out with them and shut the door behind him. He must be explaining what happened.

"Eylimi, you got to pull yourself together okay." Mum tried to reason with me but it wasn't working.

"Please, please, just let me wake up now!" I yelled begging myself it was a dream. But of course it's not a dream. This is cold hard reality.

"No! Ahh!" I heard Vidgrip yell outside before something hit the side of the house. I'm guessing he kicked a bucket or something.

"Eylimi, please. Calm down." Mum said quietly, still holding me to my seat.

"Here Astrid." Gobber handed her a cloth. She put it on my forehead. It was wet and cold. Probably their idea of calming me down.

"This, this can't be happening." I took a deep breath. Hunter can't be gone. He's a worrier. He can't just be gone. He can't. He can't be dead. Please Thor, tell me no!

"Breath with me okay." I watched as I tried to breath the same time but failed miserably.

"I, I w-watched him. The d-dragons, s-surrounding him." I cried.

"Eylimi, deep breaths. I need you to relax." Mum tried again but still failed. I brought my knees up to my chest and buried my head into them. I'm so sorry Hunter. I'm so sorry. But then again...sorry doesn't change anything.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I know, I know, sad chapter. Don't worry though I have a plan in mind so don't panic just yet.

Okay, just wanted to say I have realised another book. I know, when will I ever stop. Anyway it's called the last dragon and yes....its a poem. But wait! I don't like to think of it as a poem because technically it's more of a narrative. Just trust me on this. You got a story with rhyme how much more could you want! Anyway, I would really appreciate it if you guys could read it and tell me what you think. It's not long it's a ten minute read max. I actually had to do this for an assignment and it's going to possibly be published properly so YAY! Anyway give it a quick read and tell me what you think ;)

Peace out :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.5K 3.4K 21
Everyone knows the story of Hiccup and how he trained a dragon. Ever know how the dragon trained him? Ever wonder the Night furies past? Well, that's...
461K 6.7K 41
A story about Hiccup and Astrid on Berk. They are now 21. Takes place after httyd 2. This is my first story ever so please don't hate. Sorry if I hav...
4.9K 48 16
BOOK 1 How To Train Your Dragon OC Insert What if Hiccup had a girl best friend? How would she play in the movie? What kind of dragon does she have? ...
13.5K 592 58
I do not own How To Train Your Dragon. This is based after HTTYD 2, and will not be incorporating HTTYD 3. RATED M FOR A REASON! I am not writing a c...