Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧...

By argentistic

Love is all a little girl is supposed to feel. Never should she feel blood trickling down a cut on her cheek... More

Scared to Death ✧Liam Dunbar✧
✧Goodbye Big Brother✧
✧The New Derek✧
✧New Competition✧
✧Hospital Drama✧
✧Dealing With Idiots✧
✧Helping Liam✧
✧Some Party✧
✧Not a Monster✧
✧Slight Anger Problems✧
✧Intermittent Explosive Disorder✧
✧Scrimmage Gone Wrong✧
✧Werewolf Strength✧
✧The Call✧
✧Not Another Loss✧
✧Teenage Whims✧
✧Caught Up✧
✧Supernatural Smallpox✧
✧Some Plan✧
✧A Little Optimisim✧
✧From The Sidelines✧
✧Emotions Besides Fear✧
✧The Unexpected✧
✧Letters From Isaac✧
✧The Deadpool Strikes Again✧
✧Drinks and Music✧
✧Fear Is All To Common✧
✧Birthday Surprise✧
✧Battle Cry✧
✧Invincibility Is Not Strength✧
✧Weight Room Mayhem✧
✧Desperate Times Call For Desperate Alliances✧
✧The Mission Begins✧
✧Almost Is Never Enough✧
✧Death Changes Us✧
✧It Ends Tonight✧
✧Epilogue✧
SEQUEL

✧Operation Save Scott McCall✧

28.3K 805 189
By argentistic

Chapter 32 Operation Save Scott McCall

After Stiles had stranded me at the game without any inclination of telling me he was leaving me in the dust, I had to resort to waiting around for Mama McCall to pick me up. She'd raced over as soon as her shift had ended so it was needless to say that both of us were fuming at the pale, spastic, disaster of a teenager. Being in the dark was something I had long since grown tired of and Stiles very much knew that.

I sighed, sitting up from my bed after a restless night of sleep. I had yet to get a message from Scott or Stiles or anybody else. Scott hadn't come home, leaving me to believe that we'd been wrong to believe that we were in the clear of the terrors of the supernatural world. The McCall pack just can't seem to get a break.

My phone buzzed from under my pillow. I swung my legs over the side of my bed and sat up, grabbing my phone and unlocking it in the process. It was message from Stiles so, unsurprisingly, it gave no answers to the questions that had been flooding my mind for the past twelve hours.

From: Stiles

WAKE UP! GET DRESSED! BRUSH YOUR TEETH! I'm coming to pick you up in ten.

And he was getting grumpy from the message Scott had sent to us yesterday.

I frowned at him before rereading the meassage. As lovely as it was to know that, it would also be nice to know why he was picking me up. Surely there couldn't be a good reasoning behind it. It had to have something to do with Scott's whereabouts and if my guts were for once not over analyzing everything, something very bad had happened to my friend.

I started chewing subconsciously on the inside cheek, barely even noticing that it started to feel raw from the nervous habit. My hands shakily drew clothes out of my drawers to swap for my pajama's. My mind was too cloudy to focus on what exactly I was picking out but in that moment I didn't care whether Lydia would give me a shameful look or not, I just wanted to get Scott back.

The sounds of obnoxious honking let me know the ten minutes Stiles had given me were up. I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could without tripping over myself before I rushed outside and into the pale blue jeep that I started to feel like was my second home. When things cooled down again I was going to have to remind Stiles to get an air freshener in here because my second home was beginning to wreak of post-practice sweat.

"So," I started off slowly, my hands gripping to the seat nervously. "What's the, uh, well, where's Scott?" I rushed to ask.

"Funny story actually," Stiles said in a hard tone as he sped his car away from the McCall household, leading me to believe that their was close to nothing humorous about our situation. "Basically, Scott and Kira seemed to have gone back to Mexico."

"Mexico? They were just going to Derek's loft to, well, ya know."

"Well they were at Derek's loft for their date thingy," Stiles tried to clarify it all but, like usual, he only made things seem more cryptic. "Look, this guy with a third eye thingy predicted them being taken by Kate and the berserkers to Deaton and his prediction came true apparently."

I stared at Stiles blankly for a few moments. Even with my knowledge of the supernatural world, everything that was going on right now only seemed to be getting more and more confusing. Eventually, I sighed, giving up on trying to understand, before saying, "Fine, one last question, where are we going now."

"To see me dad at the sheriff's station," Stiles answered as he took a hard turn into the parking lot. "We need to hatch a plan, or something."

Again, I sighed but this time it wasn't because of the exasperated feeling I was getting. It was because of the sudden overwhelming anxiety I was feeling. Men with third eyes, berserkers, Kate Argent, kidnappings, assassins, Peter hale, it was like the whole freaking world was going against us.

I frowned at myself as I went back thru my list of forces going against us, restating Peter Hale in my head. Why would I list him, even mentally, as an enemy. He was on our side, right? Why did I suddenly feel like he wasn't?

"You okay?" Stiles asked gently as he noticed my hesitation.

"Yeah," I nodded, "I just really don't like not having Scott."

Stiles soft brown eyes met mine, holding their gaze, "Trust me, neither do I."

I took a deep breathe to calm my nerves. Things we're going to be okay, they had to be. For once I was going to help and maybe, just maybe, we will all make it out of this alive.

Together, Stiles and I made it inside of the Sheriff's department. When Stiles' father first saw us he looked a bit startled but he waved us back into his office nonetheless. Placing a pile of files down on his desk, a tired looking sheriff Stilinski turned to look at us.

"Stiles, I told you, I'm making some calls right now," Sheriff told his son, "We'll find a way to get Scott and Kira back."

"I know a way," Stiles said, "We'll go to Mexico to save him."

The sheriff hurriedly closed his office door before looking back at Stiles. "You are not going to Mexico!"

"Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, Okay?" Stiles reminded his father, "That's a pretty good reason to go to Mexico."

"Okay," Sheriff said in a low voice, moving behind his desk, "Even if Deaton is right about this, the best thing to do is to do through the proper channels-"

"Dad-"

"That means calling the right law enforcement agencies," Sheriff spoke louder in order to speak over his son's protests, "Border patrol, putting out on all points."

"Dad, I can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five didn't government offices, okay? Somebody needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them. I'm going." Stiles stated firmly. I raised an eyebrows, leaning in to Stiles line of vision so he could see me. He sighed before motioning to the both of us, "We're going."

"I can keep you from going," The sheriff threatened us.

I shrugged my shoulders before quietly saying, "We'd find a way."

The sheriff raised his own eyebrows, apparently not expecting the rebellion his son was displaying to be coming from me to. "I can throw you in a call."

"We'd still find a way." Stiles assured him.

"Charlotte, Stiles, please, just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye," Sheriff pleaded exasperatedly.

Stiles and I exchanged a look, both of us seemingly holding our breaths. Then Stiles turned his gaze to his father, giving him a small, reluctant nod.

"Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to," Sheriff swore, looking both Stiles and I in the eye to show just how serious he was. "If nothing turns up then I'll book three flights to Mexico and all three of us will go, okay?"

"Okay, okay. Great." Stiles agreed, almost looking excited about it, "Do I get a gun?"

"No," Sheriff's eyes narrowed as he didn't hesitate to turn down Stiles which just about got me to smile.

Sheriff opened back up the door for us, showing it was time for us to leave. Stiles sighed before putting a heavy hand on my shoulder and walking out with me. Our mouths stayed shut until we made our way back into the Jeep.

"Are we really going to wait for your dad to do all of that?" I asked quietly, trying my best not to sound disappointed.

"What?" Stiles looked over at me and gave me a half-hearted crooked smile, "Of course not. I'll text Malia right now so we can meet back up at Scott's place, find something with his scent on it, and track it ourselves."

I smiled with relief and nodded back at him. "Good. What about Liam? Should I tell him all of what's happening."

"I already texted him and told him," Stiles said offhandedly, causing me to gape at him.

"You texted him and told him everything but you couldn't text me after you stranded me at school last night?"

"I wanted to actually tell you in person. Liam, on the other hand, well I didn't really want to talk to him in person, " Stiles shrugged. "Like ever."

I frowned at Stiles but quickly gave up trying to be mad at Stiles. Anyways, right now I was going to need to focus all my energy on finding Scott McCall.

✧✧

As soon as we got to the house, Stiles, Malia, and I began rummaging through Scott's stuff, trying to find something with a strong enough scent of his.

"Here, try that," Stiles instructed, tossing Malia a shirt from Scott's closet.

Malia held the fabric up to her nose but shook her head. "Fabric softener."

Stiles frowned, most likely cursing Scott in his mind for cleaning his clothes for once, before a light lit up in his eyes once more and he rushed into Scott's bathroom. By the time Malia and I also made it to the bathroom, Stiles was pulling Scott's underwear out of his dirty clothes bin.

Stiles held out the dirty boxer shorts to Malia who back up into me. I didn't exactly blame her for that though.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line here," Stiles reminded her but Malia still didn't look to thrilled with the idea.

"Wait," I said suddenly, moving over towards Scott's bed, "Why don't you use his pillow?"

I tossed it to Malia who once again brought it to her nose to sniff it. This time, she nodded to show she'd been able to lock on to his scent.

"Yeah, that works too," Stiles mumbled. I shot him what I hoped to be a smirk before we rushed out of Scott's room. We hurried down the stairs and were only halted by the figure in the McCall's Kitchen.

Stiles scoffed. "Liam, go home. You're not coming with us!"

Liam looked over at me, his blue eyes pleading. His whole demeanor seemed to have changed in the past few hours. He was no longer trying to run from the inevitable, he was embracing it, he was embracing us. I could tell just in the way he looked at me. His eyes held something the other's had always possessed, something I wished to have. The pure will to help, no matter the cost.

His eyes then turned to look to Stiles who was walking past him, "Why not?"

"Because it's a full moon," Stiles told him, turning to look at his fellow lacrosse player, "And I don't feel like driving all the way to Mexico just to have you rip my throat out."

"You can lock me up right? Chain me up to the back seat or something."

"You tore through the last chains, remember?" Malia asked, sounding a tad bit kinder than Stiles.

"Yeah," Stiles agreed, "We'd have to freeze you in carbonite to get you down there."

"Okay," Liam said, furrowing his eyebrows as he still didn't see the problem, "Then where do we get some carbonite?"

I cringed. Even I knew what Stiles was referencing and I'd been locked in a freezer for a good portion of my life.

Stiles narrowed his eyes at the beta in disbelief, "Seriously? You haven't seen it either?"

"Wait!" Liam called after Stiles once he began to turn away, "What if we put me in the trunk?"

"You'd get out of that to," I told him, finally speaking up.

"Yeah. You've been a werewolf all of five minutes, you don't have to do this," Stiles explained, a sudden softness finding it's way into his tone.

"I know I don't but I want to," Liam assured him before his blue eyes began drifting to me for a moment. I stared at him, seeing the determination in his eyes and realizing that he just didn't want to do this but he almost needed to do it too.

"Stiles," I said softly, looking up at the older boy, "There has to to be someway he can come along."

Stiles was quiet for a moment, obviously deep in thought. Then, suddenly, he met my eyes, "Maybe there is."

I heard Liam sigh thankfully and I looked back at him to see he was giving me a gracious smile. I nodded, smiling back at him for just a moment. Then I looked back to Stiles to here his plan. It seems like it was time to start our rescue mission.

------------------

So it's been forever since I've updated this baby and honestly, I don't know why. I've had this sudden writers block for the last few chapters and it's a real shame that it's happening so cloase to the end of the book. We're at the last episode guys! Things are really about to start going down, for better or for worse.

Now here come's the thanks. Guys, as of now I have 666 followers and while that entertains me it also seriously humbles me. You have gotten this story and myself so far and it's just insane. I know I say it a lot but seriously, thank you.

Question- Now that I've finally updated this, what story should I update next?

PS speaking of other stories, My mind is exploding with new idea's and a couple of them I've published. For those of you who also love The Vampire Diaries be sure to check out my new story The Other Side!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 8.3K 74
~Teen Wolf Fan Fiction~ Hi, I'm Scarlett McCall and I have a twin brother named Scott. We are as close as it gets. We always have each other's back a...
105K 4.9K 61
❝𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘢 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵, 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨�...
148K 2.7K 19
Izzy Lahey, she's 14 years old. Her older brother is Isaac lahey. They're abused by their father. One night while they were working, a mysterious ma...
103K 2.8K 53
"Young love tends to be based on nothing but feelings. The couple has not yet faced and overcome a challenge or difficulty together. They are passion...