Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{18}

2.8K 121 9
By Pandalion23

After changing, you put on your lab coat, adjusting the stiff collar along your shoulders, your hair still inside, flipping your curls out quickly you tied it up as you found Recovery Girl's lab a few doors down.

"Obaachan?" You knocked, before opening the door.

The woman turns upon seeing you, smiling. "Ah, there you are," she beams as you closed the door behind you. You glanced to the side as you smiled back faintly, seeing the samples in front of her, you raised a curious brow.

"Are those?"

She nodded, humming lightly. "They are. I've created a trial for each, I've found that they may be missing something. With the blood sample that I have of your father, nothing seems to be compatible for very long," she spoke as you walked over, your smile fading as you looked into the kaleidoscope beside her, turning the knob to see closer.

She was right, the cells were corroded right before your eyes with just a drop from the serum, the cells splitting and turning to a sickening green color before bursting. You closed your eye's as the cells engorged, our hated to see what would happen if you had given it to your father without testing. "Oh god," you sighed, placing a hand over your eye's, wiping them before turning to recovery girl, frowning slightly. "They're not merging at all, it'll do more harm than good, at this point" you admitted to yourself.

She pressed her lips together. "Yes, it seems so. But, there are other samples I've taken, they work but they won't biologically, he needs a source where his cells can regenerate, he needs to be able to heal from within." She hints, looking at you.

You looked at her confused before you looked down, thoughtfully. Your quirk allowed your cells to regenerate, almost every time you put your power in motion and even now you could feel it through your veins. You perked up, eyes widening, "Could I do that? Would my blood be enough?" You wondered aloud, looking at Recovery girl now.

She looked at you, her expression softening. "You quirk is a mixture of different degrees of power that work simultaneously within your body. Without you knowing it can split you apart and put you back together, only with enough energy, of course. But, you can heal with just a touch, like me, but my quirk doesn't run as deep as yours, my dear," she smiles at you. "But, you've come so far, (y/n), I'm so proud." She cradled the side of your face, her gloved hands brushing against your skin making you smile as she continued. "After this test, we'll have the medicine finished."

You let out a breath, your heart pumping as you round thought of the possibility. Dad would be ok, you could help him finally. "You think it'll work?"

"Only one way to know." She said, rolling the chair over to the other side of the room, you following.

You nodded, she led you down to a chair, a butterfly needle being pulled out of the drawer, you sat down as she connected it to a small, medical vial. "Is it because I'm a blood relative?" You wondered. "Or because of my quirk?"

"You both share the same blood type for one," she said, you nodded, that, of course, was a factor. "But, yes, your quirk is unique in many aspects, your power stems from life itself. You can't heal him now only because you'd have to be constantly at his side, his organs are always in function and with his constant transformation, they are forced to stretch and take in movement they aren't used to, being from a donor after all." She stuck in the needle, you hardly noticed as she spoke.

You glanced down as your blood began to slowly make its way up the plastic tube, you watched as the dark red substance dripped it's way into the vial. "That's right, Dad lost his stomach and lung in the accident. They're used to normal bounds not the routine of All Might, they're constantly trying to keep up but are being overworked."

"These pills will be able to merge with his blood long enough during his routine to heal his body to prolong his time," Recovery Girl said before finally removing the needle, you squeezed your fist and let out a small breath as you watched the tiny hole close up at your will. "If he consumes them daily."

She handed you a alcohol pad and while you cleaned up the small specks of blood along your arm, you took the clear vial from her, "Time for testing, yeah?"

The old woman chuckled lightly. "So eager."

You giggled lightly, "Can you blame me?" You asked, before walking over to the lab, taking one of the sample cups, placing the vial gently in the middle of you and recovery girl as your trials began.

It took hours, you ended up calling your father twice to tell him it would take much longer than you thought, until you suggested that he stay home, already the time had flown to 4 a.m. in the morning.

You yawned, tiredly before shaking your head, you could feel your steps weighing down as you walked across the room with a new test serum for the pills. You glanced over at Recovery Girl, whom was tying away at a few algorithms, files on her many students in U.A. at the side of the PC. She had many other students, she was still working so you couldn't expect her to focus solely on your work.

You carefully set a drop of your test trial onto the red spot of blood along the middle of the kaleidoscope, you took a small breath, it had already been 26 trials since you had merged your own blood with the medicine, so far there was no luck, close subjects had come up, but something was always missing. You couldn't help but be alittle less optimistic about ever trial that passed with negative results.

You leaned forwards to peer into the hole, the view closing in gradually with every frequent turn of the knob at the side, there was no change as of yet. Your shoulder's releasing as the serum stayed constant, merging slowly with the blood cells, you paused now, drawing in closer. It was merging! The blood cells were absorbing the medicine, you watched close, searching for any spontaneous changes. There were misleading times during the trials that nearly broke you completely, the serum reacting badly instead.

You felt your chest constricting, your heart clenching as you found no changes negatively, the blood cells were stabilizing, the white colored residue of the medicine fading to reveal the perfectly dark red blood beneath. It was working, you could see the cells restoring, healing themselves even, just as Recovery Girl had said. You felt your eyes watering, your tired eye's burning as they reddened with happiness as you pulled away from the image to cover your mouth.

You took a deep breath before checking again, no changes...

You leaned your head against the bolted down metal kaleidoscope, taking a heavy breath, you laughed tiredly, closing your eye's before opening them to check again.

Recovery Girl finally noticed, confused as she rolled over with her cane, I finally fell, holding onto the end of the table as I let my knees hit the floor. She gasped, "(y/n)!" She reached out before halting as she found you laughing softly, your head titling back as you leaned your back against the cabinets.

"It works," you breathed, relieved before covering your face as tears ran down your face. "It works, I can't--I--it works," you gasped out as you pulled your knee's into your chest, gripping your chest as you cried softly.

Her eyes widened before she leaned in to see, her eyes, behind her visors, widened, staring in awe as she gave a small drop to the blood sample. The changes were all positive, no negative spots, no abnormalities, no spontaneous combustions or engorged cells. It was all clean. Even with another sample shot, it took no negative hits.

You had done it...

"(Y/n)..." she exclaimed, you sniffled before looking up at her. You hoped you hadn't been wrong.

She looked at you, smiling proudly. "I'm promoting you," she said, you laughed with a small sob and she chuckled too as she extended her arms out to you. You leaped up, enveloping her tightly as you cried happily, you felt nothing but pure relief, the symbol of peace could be restored, your father would be ok, you could save him.

Recovery Girl rubbed your back softly, humming softly. "You did it, my dear, oh my, you've done it," she beamed at the data, looking back down at you as you held onto her tightly. She knew how much this meant to you, how much you've wanted this, how you've finally done it...it must feel like you're holding onto a reality that isn't there. So hard to accept, she could understand why you were so overwhelmed.

After a few moments, you pulled away, wiping your eye's taking a shaky breath, "So, um, do we convert them now?" You stammered, she smiled at your puffy eyed curiosity, you hadn't stopped, you wouldn't until this was finished. Until you had truly completed your task

She nudged you with the back of her cane with a shake of her head, "I'll convert them, child, you should get some rest," she instructed. You looked at her with wide eye's, perking up as if you hadn't been up for more than 24 hours.

"No, I wanna help. I'm fine," you assured her.

She chuckled at your flustered state. "You've done the impossible, my dear, not even the greatest healer of Japan could've fixed," she gave the young girl a close eyed smile, you looked at her surprised before slowly understanding. "Now, is a time to rest. You've done so well," the old woman could tear up herself at the progress you've made, nodding to you with a smile. "I'll have them ready for you by tomorrow." She said.

You pressed your lips together before sighing softly and nodding, "Yes, ma'am," you bowed politely. Before you walked over and gave the older woman a peck on the cheek, "Thank you, Obaachan," you closed your eye's, producing a radiant smile that spoke volumes.

You walked over to the coat rack and shrugged off your lab coat before throwing on your own jacket, you glanced back with a wave before leaving.

The old woman smiled faintly before turning back to the serum, she couldn't have been prouder, it was incredible what your power could achieve, what you could do. She hopped off the chair, the medicine you had replicated in hand, she herself hadn't been able to completely heal the damage to All Might, only eliciting his bones to reconstruct, but that didn't stop his body from changing within the hospital.

The loss of organs only made his recovery into All Might worse, coughing up blood almost every minute of the day until he could withhold it enough to seem stable for only a few minutes before regurgitating handfuls of blood. As time went on, his time lengthened, his facade becoming even more convincing until you wouldn't have known unless you've seen it for yourself.

But his limit was growing shorter, blood draining from his body and his power decreasing, especially now with him having transferred his power to Izuku. She'd hate to think how much time the man had left, it would've hardly been a year if you hadn't created this serum in time. She may not be able to cure him but she can approximate how long he's got, just like Nighteye.

If this medicine works as it is supposed to, All Might, after he loses his power, can be healthy, his body healing from the inside out, he can regain some of the muscle that time had stripped from him. His appetite, his strength, it could all return.

Recovery Girl sighed pleased, boy, was that troublesome man lucky to have his daughter by his side.

She walked into the controlled atmosphere of her personal laboratory and began her work.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.3K 3K 57
With their childhood behind them, Katsuki Bakugou and Shouto Todoroki are entering high school closer than ever. Always having the other to lean on...
22.6K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
815K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...
986 30 15
Crushes were hard, especially when it was your childhood friend you'd bullied for years. Bakugo should've known this. He didn't. He didn't, not tru...