The Line Between Living and D...

Wayward_demigod

The night the Particle Accelerator exploded was a terrible one. Dozens of people were killed and even more we... Еще

Cast
The Particle Accelerator
Seeing Through the Veil
Coma Boy
Dead Woman Walking
Testing Limits
A World of Pain
Saying Goodbye
Welcome Back, Barry Allen
The Fastest Man alive
Metahumans
The Flash's Debut
Leveling Up
True Feelings
Awards and Robberies
A City Full of Metas?
The Streak
Growing Stronger
Apologies
Hostage
Not Everyone Is Made To Be A Hero
Family Drama
Astra
The Aftermath of Death
Captain Cold
A New Hero In Town
Training is Stupid
Blissfully Buzzed
OK Boomer
Where's My Name?
Drowning
First Date
The Opposite of Well-Adjusted
The Road to Healing
Sitting on the Sidelines
Cosplay Party
Blackout
That's New
Back to Business
He Broke It
Hero Training
Angry Barry
The Man in Yellow
Face to Face
Christmas Confession
Quarter-life Crisis
Captain Cold Returns
A New Rogue
Hartley
Truth
Rift
Scarlet and Violet
Visions
A Master Plan
Bad Decisions
Two Battles
Coming Clean
Burning Man
Home
Honestly Breaking Up
Mushroom Cloud
Reunited
Eiling the Pest
Substitute Dinner
Facility 27
Team Flashtex
Awkward Bowling Date Night
Mark Mardon
Lunch And Realizations
Captain Down
I Love You
Headaches
Endings and Hopeful Beginnings
Bombshell
No Regrets
Patience Is A Virtue

The Mist

2.6K 85 11
Wayward_demigod

Dani walked up to the visitor's desk. "Hi, I'm here to see Henry Allen." She smiled.

"Sign in." The guard told her then placed a small tub in front of her. "Personal effects in there."

Dani nodded, doing as she was told. A buzzer rang when she was done and the door to the visitor room swung open. Dani sat down at a random booth waiting patiently for Henry to show up.

The older man walked in just minutes later, smiling at the sight of her. "Dani, it's nice to see you again."

"You too, Mr. Allen." Dani returned the smile.

"Dani, I've told you several times; call me Henry." Henry Allen insisted.

"Right, sorry. Force of habit." Dani let out a small chuckle.

"So, what brings you by?" Henry questioned.

Dani hesitated, biting her lip. "I wanted to ask you a few questions. About the night Nora died."

Henry looked down. "Have you been talking to Barry?"

"Not really, no. Besides, these questions are strictly for me. I just want to know what you saw that night." Dani said.

"I didn't see anything besides my wife dying." Henry shook his head.

"Henry, I don't mean to be rude, but I know you're lying. Please. Tell me what you saw." Dani pressed.

Henry sighed. "I saw the same thing Barry saw. Lightning swirling around Nora. I told Barry to run and the next thing I knew he was gone and Nora was lying in the living room with a knife in her chest."

Dani gulped, casting her eyes down at her lap. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't have had to go through that. You shouldn't even be in here."

"It's not your fault Dani." Henry smiled at the girl his son loved. She really was a remarkable young woman.

"That doesn't mean that you weren't wronged. I don't if you've heard, but there is this streak in Central City. A person who can run so fast, they look like a blur. And I think they might be connected to Nora's murder." Dani informed.

"Dani, don't get involved. If that thing is back and figures out that you're looking into it... you might get hurt, or worse." Henry warned.

"I can handle myself," Dani assured.

The sound of the visitor room door opening grabbed both Dani and Henry's attention. Joe West walked in, giving Dani and confused look.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the brunette.

"I was just asking Henry for some Christmas gift ideas. For Barry." Dani lied. "I know I'm mad at him but I figured that the anger will dissipate or that he will apologize by then so I'm getting some ideas together. Cuz, you know me. I like to have my shopping done before December starts."

Joe didn't say anything. He just stared at Dani with the same confused look. Henry also furrowed his eyebrows at Dani in confusion.

"Well, I'm gonna go then." Dani awkwardly stated, beginning to walk towards the door when a green mist seeped through. Dani's eyes widened as she stumbled backward.

Joe instinctively pushed Dani behind him. He watched in horror as the mist formed into a bald man with a creepy smirk on his face.

"Nimbus?" Joe asked. "You're supposed to be dead."

"Same to you." Nimbus lunged toward Joe, dissolving back into the green mist. It entered his body, poisoning him.

"Oh my god." Dani's eyes widened in fear and shock.

Joe fell to the ground, convulsing as the mist left his body. 

"Joe? Joe!" Henry yelled, banging on the glass of the visitor booth.

Dani knelt beside Joe, placing her fingers on his neck. "Come on. Come on. Come on," She murmured. Joe couldn't be dead, he couldn't be.

A gust of wind blew Dani's hair around and when she looked up, she saw the streak. "It's you." She whispered.

"Back away." He ordered, his voice distorted.

Dani nodded, backing away. The streak knelt down, injecting Joe with a serum. He stopped convulsing and was breathing normally again.

"Go get him," Joe whispered. The streak nodded, speeding away.

Dani watched in awe at the sight. Then she focused back on Joe. "Joe. Joe, can you hear me?"

"Yeah." Joe wheezed.

"I'm calling an ambulance," Dani informed, whipping out her phone and calling the simple, three-digit number.

The ride to the hospital was filled with a lot of texts and phone calls.

* * *

Dani stood on the roof of her apartment building, a glass of wine in her hand. She closed her eyes, feeling the gentle night breeze calm her nerves along with her alcoholic drink. She had just gotten home from the hospital and was hoping to relax in her peaceful spot.

Then a huge rush of wind ruined the moment. 

"How did you find me?" She turned to find the streak standing a few feet away, on the ledge.

"You're kind of in an easy-to-find spot." He answered, voice still distorted.

"So, you ran around the city until you just found me up here." Dani guessed.

"That too." The streak smiled.

Dani placed her wine glass down. "Why? Why search me out?"

"You need to stop looking into me." The streak said. "It will put you and everyone you care about at risk."

"Everyone I care about has willingly chosen to help me." Dani retorted. "So you should think of a better reason to convince me to stop."

"Why are you interested in me?" The streak questioned.

"That's a long story."

"I got time."

Dani chuckled. "All right, fine. My best friend saw his mother get murdered right in front of him when he was eleven. And for years he told everyone that there was a man in this lightning storm that killed her. But everyone ignored him and his dad went to jail for the murder. After I saw you at the Stagg award robbery, I thought that you were maybe the guy who did it."

"Thought? What changed your mind?"

"Another friend. She showed me countless reports of a streak who saved people. Then tonight you saved her father. So now I know that I was wrong. And I'm sorry for accusing you of murder. Even if you didn't know it."

The streak smiled and even with his blurred face, Dani could see it. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing." He shook his head. "You just remind me a lot of someone I know."

"Is that a good thing?" Dani tilted her head.

"It's a great thing." The streak corrected.

Dani was the one smiling now. "Well, then, I'm honored."

The streak suddenly turned, holding the side of his mask. "Until next time." He told Dani before speeding off.

Dani looked to the ground, watching as the Streak ran through traffic. "Whoa."

* * *

The next morning, Dani woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She pressed the answer button without checking the caller id and held the device to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Dani, it's Caitlin." Caitlin greeted.

Dani glanced at her clock. "Why are you calling so early?"

"Cisco told me about your powers and the blood sample he took. So, last night I did some tests." Caitlin vaguely explained.

"And?"

"How fast can you get to S.T.A.R. Labs?"

* * *

Dani got dressed quickly and teleported to the Labs to meet Caitlin.

"Dani--"

"Is everything okay? What's wrong with me?" Dani panicked.

"There's nothing wrong," Caitlin assured. "The news is just... drastic."

"Drastic? How?"

Caitlin hesitated. "Why don't you take a seat?"

Dani shook her head. "I'll stand."

"Okay then." Caitlin sighed. "Last night I ran every test in the book on your blood." She grabbed a piece of paper from the main desk, handing it to Dani. "We knew that you were connected to the astral plane but we didn't fully understand it. Until last night."

"What does this mean?" Dani asked, never taking her eyes off of the paper.

"It means that you can't die, Dani. Your hypothesis was right. You can't even get sick."

 Dani fell back into a desk chair. "H-how is that possible?"

"When the dark matter wave hit you, it stopped then restarted your heart in a split second. You should have died. But the connection you have with the astral plane is keeping you alive." Caitlin explained. "It's like you're walking a line between living and dying."

"And sometimes I fall to the dying side." Dani realized.

"Exactly." 

Dani stared at Caitlin, a million thoughts racing through her mind. Her worst fears were confirmed.

She couldn't die.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

760 62 9
After 15 years of being abandoned by her dad, Skye came back to her hometown months after his death. Starting a new job was the only thing in her boo...
82.3K 1.8K 36
"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲 𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠." - Jodi Piscoult Cora Agápi is far from being a hero. She moved to Central City to get...
10.1K 182 61
{Book 1} Emely Hart has been through a lot as a kid. Her parents left without any explanation, forcing her to grow up with her aunt. Fast forward a f...
32.2K 994 40
Completed Story!!! You just have the best luck in the world, don't you? After 6 years of training, you are finally free to live a normal life as you...