✔ Statistics » Timothée Chala...

By TheBraveWriter

❝ Statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off ❞. ↣ In which a boy and a girl grow up together and ge... More

P r o l o g u e
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
T w e n t y - O n e
T w e n t y - T w o
T w e n t y - T h r e e
T w e n t y - F o u r
T w e n t y - F i v e
T w e n t y - S i x
T w e n t y - S e v e n
T w e n t y - E i g h t
T w e n t y - N i n e
T h i r t y
T h i r t y - O n e
T h i r t y - T w o
T h i r t y - T h r e e
T h i r t y - Four
T h i r t y - F i v e
T h i r t y - S i x
T h i r t y - E i g h t
T h i r t y - N i n e
F o r t y
F o r t y - O n e
F o r t y - T w o
F o r t y - T h r e e
F o r t y - F o u r
F o r t y - F i v e
E p i l o g u e
A f t e r n o t e

T h i r t y - S e v e n

1.9K 50 74
By TheBraveWriter

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I can't believe this is happening" Timothée issued in between the shortage of breath as he carried a hefty bag on his back, as did the two girls that followed him, the filming equipment weighing on them as they made their way to the final destination. 

"Seriously. In all my time in Paris never did I imagine experiencing the Eiffel tower when it's empty. Manon, how did you do this"? Pauline questioned as she looked around herself intently, unable to comprehend that she got to experience the tower in solitude.

"It doesn't matter" Manon dismissed the question as she adjusted the heavy straps resting on her back, the weight of her actions subconsciously weighing on her more than the tools did, knowing that a day would come and there would be consequences "Besides, it's ours just for an hour".

"That's still impressive, what kind of connections do you have? Should I be concerned"? Pauline tilted her head teasingly.

 "Yeah, sold my soul to the devil" Manon shrugged her shoulders, knowing that although she was joking, her answer wasn't so far from reality. Timothée could tell by the way she disregarded the topic, that there was indeed more to the story, but he decided against commenting on it. Not there and then.

The way up was frustrating, as was the travel there, but to say it wasn't worth it, would be a grandiose lie. The soft wind of the fresh spring, the tease of summer, reached their features at once as they stood at the top of the notorious tower. City lights shone like the stars in the sky, telling many magnificent stories, all at once. 

Though living in Paris, Manon never visited the Eiffel tower. It just wasn't in the cards for her, and perhaps, she just wasn't ready to deal with the pain of seeing love all around her when she felt so isolated inside.

 Then again, despite all the sorrow, that pain had benefited her, for the reason she went up to film in that tower, was to show the agony, to express it in a form of a movie, to show the reality of things people oftentimes chose to ignore.

It was shocking to her how one week could feel like a minute, but also like a century. So many things happened, the pace of directing a movie coming at her at full speed. Coming up with a script so fast was difficult, not to mention getting the equipment. Thankfully, Pauline was kind enough to lend her some, and so did her college, but bringing everything together was still an unstoppable challenge.

 It felt weird how she had studied directing for years, yet as she stood atop the tower, she felt as though she had heard of the word for the first time. Sure, Manon had directed movies before, but never alone. She always had group assignments and dealing with it alone scared her, not to mention the time crunch of the single hour they had. She knew Pauline could assist her with directing, but she insisted on doing it on her own. It was a test for her, a test to see if, after everything that happened, she could create something beautiful out of the pain alone. 

So many things coursed through her mind at once, worries of the unknowns, but there was something exhilarating about the stress of it, something that made her feel so alive. 

And of course, the brunet had to help out by offering what he figured he could do best, acting. He was the only actor, and he was more than enough. It took him some convincing though because at first, Manon insisted on finding another actor. She didn't want the brunet to overwork himself after the trip to Italy, but he had insisted on it, explaining that so long as he was with the people he cared, acting would never be a task for him. So she inevitably agreed, because he was irresistible.

She found herself remembering the encouragement she received from Luca regarding a future project including her and Timothée. She wondered if he was right, if a film using both their talents would be as good as he predicted. She wondered if he'd see it, what he'd think. She even fantasized that perhaps he'd invite her to co-direct a project with him. It seemed far-fetched, unrealistic really, but she couldn't help it. For once, she was hopeful.

So as the first take began, Manon felt a delicate droplet of sweat trickle down her forehead. She gazed through the lens as the boy in front of her worked his magic and smiled to herself, wondering what she did to deserve such beauty, knowing that so long as they worked together, the movie would be a work of art, for Timothée was in it, and for her, he was the most beautiful masterpiece of all.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Manon rested her arms on the railing as she stared out to the array of lights in front of her. She often found the idea of the Eiffel Tower to be cringe-worthy and overrated, but as she stood in front of the enveloping, breathtaking view, she bit her tongue and admitted to herself that it was everything she wanted to see in life and more.

She felt his presence as he joined her by the railing, overlooking the view he had been familiarized with so well. It had always taken his breath away, but that time, she was there, and it was as though nothing else mattered, because even though she had the stains of mascara under her eyes after the day of filming, and one could surely predict that if she met the forces of a mirror she'd scream, there was no doubt she was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on. 

"You called them, didn't you"? Timothée sent his question out into the universe as he leaned his head on top of his arms, easing into the stone. 

"What are you talking about"? Manon questioned as she averted her gaze to him, leaving her dreamy state, one where for once, she felt at peace. Of course, she knew who he was talking about, but whether she was ready to speak of it or not was an entirely different subject that even she herself couldn't answer.

"Your parents" The two infamous words broke into view as she found her hand tightening around the railing. These words, people always brought them up, never in a good context. 

"Yeah, I did" The girl replied, as though disappointed by her own actions, the guilt of it all storming through her blood.

"And they just agreed to help you without any specific reason"? The boy wondered, hoping to get more information. He didn't know much about her parents, only that they were rich. They were her most kept secret, but it didn't take much thought to realize they didn't share the best relationship. Timothée hoped they were caring, that they assisted her because they loved her, but based on her previous reactions, he had a feeling there was something else he was missing.

"Yeah, guess they did" Manon lied as she gave him a small smile. She tried her best to seem convincing, truly activated her best of skills. The majority of the time she was caught lying by Timothée, was because she wanted him to break through. It was a way for her to call for help, without outrightly saying so. She knew her parents had a reason, but it wasn't one she was going to share with Timothée, not now, maybe even never. She found herself looking away at the thought of it all as the guilt slithered within her again.

Timothée raised an eyebrow at her, doubting her words. He asked himself if he should continue, but he couldn't imagine how hard it must've been to call them and ask them for something considering how rough their relationship was. He figured she had experienced enough of her parents that day and decided to let her have her space.

"Okay, well, I had an idea I wanted to share with you" He straightened his posture, bringing a smile to his face as he waited for the girl to do the same.

"Speak" She smiled, still feeling tense, but not being able to stay in that state for long when he was around.

"I want you to come with me to New York" Timothée paused as he stared at Manon's dumbfounded face and rested his palm over hers "I know how crazy this sounds. You've just returned and your grandmother needs you and I wouldn't want to pressure you, but I spoke to Pauline and she agreed to look after Anne-Marie while you're gone. I just figured since I've seen your home, it's about time you saw mine. Plus, there's a certain couple you might remember that wants to see you" He searched for the response in her face, feeling his confidence slowly vaporize. He wanted her to say yes because he knew he couldn't stay goodbye to her just yet. The girl that stood in front of him simply pursed her lips into a mischievous smirk, realizing in what tight of a spot she had him in. 

"Fine, I'll go with you" The rebel mumbled, as though she was agreeing to some troubling task, though she felt her heart do anything but find it troubling "On one condition" She stared at his face as it turned from one of pure relief, to nothing but nervousness.

"If I get to go as your girlfriend" She blurted out the sacred words, no longer able to live the unlabeled life they were living. She wanted to introduce him to people as more than a friend, she wanted him to be hers, officially.

"Did you just-" Timothée murmured with widened eyes as he rested his palm over his heart, barely able to comprehend the sentence that rung through his ears.

"Ask you to be my boyfriend? Suck it up Chalamet, you're stuck with me now" Manon smirked as he stared at her, before resting both his palms on her face and planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"But I'm not going to be the one to call my therapist and cancel our meetings" The girl insinuated that he would be the one as she rested her hands on the collar of his shirt.

"Guess your therapist is about to be therapissed" Timothée smirked at her as her mouth gaped open at once, hitting the state of shock. 

"Okay, I did not sign up for this punnery. I take my offer back" Manon shook her head with a grin as she began to walk back to where their equipment laid, but her journey wasn't completed, for he entwined her hand with his and twirled her back to face him, pulling her in for an embracing kiss. She closed her eyes, and instead of meeting the darkness, she met the colors of fondness and warmth, of joy and of hope. Each of their kisses were better than the last, intensifying both of their emotions, igniting their love.

 As they pulled away, Timothée leaned in again, but not for a kiss, as anticipated by his girlfriend, but rather, to touch his forehead against hers, gaze into the mazes that rested within her eyes, just as she did his. Even if they were together, even if she received his touch and affection, she still felt the butterflies within her stomach, the bloom of spring appear from within.

But of course, it wasn't long before they pulled away with raucous laughter, clinging onto their stomachs, for they were never able to stay serious for too long, and it was always a matter of who would break character first.

"You two are not very discreet about it, you know"? The laugh wavered away as though it was never there and their cheeks reddened at once as they looked away and aligned their eyes with Pauline's. They were sure she was on her phone conversing with her friend away from them, at least so she was when they first began their conversation. They had an opportunity to tell her about them throughout the week, but decided against it, mainly because there was a strain of uncertainty left to be explored, one that was at long last, gone.  

"Not anymore, because we're officially together"! Manon exclaimed as she spread her arms wide, proud she could finally talk about them without feeling weird. 

"Congratulations"! Pauline cheered for the two as she pulled the two in for a long hug, earning a soft chuckle from the two"Took you long enough" She smirked before averting her gaze back to the equipment with a sigh, the idea of packing everything up seeming far too exhausting to her "Shall we"?

The couple groaned in unison as they marched to their respectful spots to begin packing the equipment up. It wouldn't be long before they would have to travel home, their time on the mighty spire coming to a successful end.

"Hey, Manon"? Pauline's soft voice echoed quietly as she walked over to the rebel who had her knees resting on the ground, retrieving the camera to its rightful place, a protective case. 

"Mhm"? Manon chimed in curiosity as she continued with the task in hand, not paying much attention to Pauline, but knowing that once the words would come out, she would stop to listen. 

"I am so happy for you and Timothée, I really am. I always knew you'd be good together" The long-haired brunette mumbled as she took a seat beside the red-headed, watching over her little brother "I'm going to be honest, when Timothée told me of your return, I was scared for him. He was heartbroken after you vanished. I understand why now, and I'm not mad, but please, watch over his heart, I worry for him".

Manon connected her gaze with Pauline's, and gifted her a soft smile. She looked at the caring sister, wishing she had someone to watch over her like that, to protect her no matter what. Of course, she had Timothée, and she knew he was willing to do so much for her, but she longed for a family, and though she could see one in him, she wished she had a sibling, too. 

Not a day didn't go by where she didn't regret finding Timothée before the world brought them back together, and she wasn't upset at the sister, but rather, nodded in understanding.

"You have my promise" Manon uttered as she connected her palm with Pauline's affectionately. At that time, she believed in her words, but it wouldn't be long before she would step over the shatters of his heart, and repeat history as it once was.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.7K 25
[ BOOK THREE ] ❝ the fallout is still coming, it won't stop for anything. ❞ Money makes the world go round, and Beacon Hills is certainly no exceptio...
3.9M 94K 41
"You do realize that I'm supposed to tell you when you're throwing yourself into a dangerous situation and that doing this will probably get you kill...
5.4K 92 6
₊˚ˑ༄ؘ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐤𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐞 [noun] 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙛𝙨, 𝙘𝙪𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙨, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙪𝙣𝙞...
453K 6.8K 42
" kiss me on the mouth and set me free " timothèe chalamet • social media the model & the actor - start: 11/2/18 finish: 8/8/18 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED...