His Name Is Trouble

By Vortex207

|𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞 𝗜 𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗕𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗦| Valarie Stone has had her own fair share of heartbreak... More

Prologue.
1. Room.
2. Laughter.
3. Too much.
4. Yell.
5. Be there.
6. Peaches.
7. Hell no.
8. A distraction.
9. Out of the car.
10. Slow Strides.
11. A mess.
12. Trouble is there as well.
13. Answer.
14. Shock.
15. Bedroom
16. Gym Shorts and Gatorade.
17. Wow.
18. Lie to me.
19. Fake Smile.
20. Storm.
21. A wedding.
22. Lover.
24. Prom.
25. Cheer.
26. Toxic.
27. Date.
28. Spill.
29. Always.
30. Decisions.
31. Party.
32. Game over.
33. Growing.
34. Cuffs.
35. Sugar.
36. Heart.
37. Speed.
38. Drew
39. Leave.
40. Devil Town.
41. Dream.
42. Meet.
43. Blue
44. Go.
45. Car
Epilogue.
Sequel.
Announcement.

23. Stupid.

2.8K 61 10
By Vortex207

Chapter 23: Stupid.

Zachary's hotel room is cold as hell. I am currently snuggled up in his soft bed and I couldn't be happier. If you would have told me three months ago that I'd be here right now, I'd laughed in your face.

"What do you want to watch?" He asks me as he unbuttons his shirt.

I gulp.

"Um, I...um.." I stutter, looking at Zachary's toned abs and his V line. I can't even form a simple sentence.

"You know it's okay to stare right? I'm yours now." He tells me.

"Only mine?" I question.

"Only yours." He assures me as he joins me in bed with nothing but his briefs.

Zachary tunes the television to a boring sitcom. I zone out after watching it for a while. I hear Zachary snore lightly beside me and I smile. He's asleep already. That wedding did a number on him. I switch off the TV and I turn off the lights. I snuggle into Zachary and he puts his arm around me. This is how I want to remain forever. Cuddled up with the man I love. With no worries, no girls, no rumors, no drama, just us.

***

"He is going to choke on his own saliva." Adam says as I turn around, revealing my prom dress.

It's a red sequin dress that has a slit on my left and runs down to the end of the dress. It has an open back and a deep V-neck.

"Is this even appropriate?" I say, more to myself than Adam.

"Who cares. It's prom. The prom. You've been dreaming of this day since pre-school." Adam reminds me.

"Yeah, and back then my taste in boys differed. I thought a good time was sharing a Capri Sun with Taylor Lakerfeld." I point out.

"Ahh, the good old days." Adam sighs.

"Dramatic much." I say, chuckling.

"When last did you talk to Hannah?" He asks me as I unzip the dress I have on.

"I don't know." I reply, stepping out of the dress. Walking to my bed, only dressed in my matching blue underwear.

"Really Vee. We used to be best friends. All three of us." Adam says, folding his arms.

"Don't judge me, okay. And besides, I didn't do anything wrong. She picked a side." I shrug.

"How about we go-" Adam is cut off by a blaring horn.

"Hold that thought." I tell him, wagging my index finger in front of his face.

I walk to my window and I stare at the car that horn came from. I am not surprised when I see Ashton's car in my driveway.

"This douchebag." I mutter under my breath. I put my robe on and I shuffle into my slides.

"What's going on?" Adam asks me curiously.

"Wait here." Is all I say to him as I walk out of my room.

I rush down my marble steps and I almost trip as I reach the end.

"Careful." I hear my mother say and I almost scream.

"M-mother, you scared me." I tell her panting.

"Where are you rushing off to?" My mother asks me. Ashton blares his stupid horn again.

I swear, I am going to kill him.

"Who is that?" My mother says, asking me another question.

God.

This woman.

"Let's find out shall we." I tell her with a smile on my face as I swing the door open.

Ashton is leaning against his car and he smirks at me as our eyes meet.

"Oh, goodie. Ashton is here." My mother exclaims as she rushes over to him and gives him a hug.

Goodie?

After that weird hug is over. I walk over, folding my arms as I stare at Ashton.

"Don't look at me like that." He says with a stern tone.

"Like what?" I shrug.

"Alright then. I'll leave you two lovebirds. I have to make dinner." My mother tells us, obviously lying.

She takes slow steps as she walks into the house.

"Why are you here?" I ask Ashton, yelling at him.

"To apologize." He states.

"Okay, go ahead." I tell him, watching him closely.

"I'm sorry for being an asshole at the cinema. I really hope that you can forgive me." Ashton says looking down.

"You know what Ashton, just go. It doesn't even matter." I tell him, wanting to end this conversation as soon as possible.

"At least I tried." He sighs.

Ashton gets into his car and starts it. Suddenly, I see Zachary's black Chevrolet pull up into my driveway.

Uh oh. This is not good. The last time Zachary saw Ashton he broke his nose.

"Yo, what the fuck, Vee." Zachary says charging at me.

Ashton gets down from his car and stands in front of me, facing Zachary head-on.

"Don't be stupid now, Ashton." I whisper to myself.

"What do you want?" Ashton asks Zachary, fuming.

Okay, this boy needs to calm down.

"Move asshole, I'm trying to talk to my girl." Zachary says yelling at him.

"Your girl. You don't deserve her." Ashton tells him.

"And you do? Look Zachary, Ashton was just leaving." I tell him, trying to calm him down.

Ashton stares at me and I nod.

"Just go." I tell him.

Ashton gets back in his car and drives away.

"What was that about? Why was he here?" Zachary spits at me.

"He just wanted to apologize." I tell him, shrugging.

"For what?" Zachary asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

"It's not important. Let's go inside Zachary." I say, grabbing his hand and pulling him inside the house.

A few minutes later, we're cuddled up on my plush sofa watching reruns of SpongeBob Squarepants. Zachary strokes my hair gently as I snuggle into his chest.

"You are such a Patrick." He tells me and I laugh.

"No, I'm not." I firmly deny.

"You so are." He counters, smiling.

"Well, if I'm Patrick you're definitely Squidward." I tell him.

"No way." He argues.

"Yes way. You're always grumpy and moody all the time." I tell him.

"Excuse me for having a heavy flow. I can't help pmsing." Zachary says, smiling.

I smack him on the head for that bad period joke.

"You're so brainless." I tell him.

"You have a brainless boyfriend." He chirps.

"I don't know who that man is." I deny.

"Oh really." Zachary says, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Mhm." I hum.

"Come here." Zachary says, patting his lap.

I get on his lap and I wrap my hands around his neck, straddling him.

"You're beautiful." He tells me.

"I know. It's what drew you to me in the first place." I say, biting my lip.

"Hell no. You're so much more than your beauty. You're funny, charming, goofy, and cute." He says, squeezing my cheeks.

"Thank you, Grandma." I tell him, smacking his hands.

"I really wouldn't trade this moment for the world." He tells me.

I am about to reply when Zachary's phone rings.

He answers the phone and the blood drains from his face as he talks to the person on the other end.

"Okay, Steph, calm down." He says into the phone.

It's Stephanie huh?

I get off his lap and I fold the blankets and place them on the chair.

Zachary gets off the phone and he stares at me in thought.

"What?" I ask him.

"Nothing. It's just that Steph needs me right now and I really have to be there for her." He explains.

"It's fine. I'm already packing up anyway." I tell him, feeling hurt that our time together is short-lived.

"Look Vee, I really want to stay but I..." he tries to complete his sentence, but I put my hand in front of his face, shutting him up.

"Just go. That's what you're good at anyway. Running away when you get comfortable. Go on now, I won't stop you." I tell him, piercing my clammy palms with my nails.

"I'm not running away. I'm just going to see Steph. Look, Vee, I don't want to fight." he whines.

"I'm done fighting with or for you. Let yourself out." I tell him as I head upstairs.

When I get back to my room I am surprised to see Adam sleeping on my bed. Then I realize that I told him to wait here for me, five hours ago. I'm such a bad friend.
I tuck Adam in and I lay beside him.

It's been such a hard day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

961K 29.7K 42
Emma Hayden. The new student of Westwood High. It's a small school, not known for any good reason so naturally, new students get all the attention. E...
64.6K 2.2K 31
*UNEDITED* Monica Jacobs, a simple girl, she isn't the one who socializes. Her parents are lawyers, so they are pretty much out. She lives alone in a...
428K 7.1K 51
Love. I was such a fool for falling in love. All it gave me was pain and suffering. -------------------- 6 years ago he broke my heart and left me...