Stuck in Time | #OpenNovellaC...

By curious_cat_3

PASSED ROUND TWO IN OPEN NOVELLA CONTEST!! *** Historian Patricia Pavlov is a bachelor with a secret: she can... More

Preface
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
Afterword

Prologue

64 15 13
By curious_cat_3

She was very exhausted, but she knew she couldn't stop running; she had to go on if she wanted to live.

The creature chasing her was nothing like she had ever seen before. She had taken a good look at it before she had realised it wanted to kill her—it was hooded, mostly, but smelt of death and destruction. It had the shape of a head on a body under its hood, but she wasn't sure there really was one. She hadn't stuck around to find out.

The place she was in she recognised, but at the same time could not – she had been there before, but she didn't know what it was. Was it even on Earth?

She didn't make the effort to wonder, though. She simply ran, her mind focussed on finding a place to hide.

But, she knew that there weren't any: she was only running in circles. She was doomed to run forever or stop running and let the hooded creature kill her.

That was how it always had been. That was how it would always be.

It was a dream that she would be stuck in forever... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 86K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...
12.2K 454 55
The Seven Families of the supernatural world. The elite. The oldest. The originals. All settled down in New Orleans with control around the world. Al...
2.2K 251 59
He finally found the one. The one that he had given up on finding at such an early age, he finally found the person who could complete him. Now he ju...
84.4K 6.5K 60
In Phi, you don't get a choice. You fight and you kill until it kills you. After running from the only home she'd ever known, Cassie is out to get r...