The Final Wish

By laylah678

Arranged Marriage story. According to her Grandfather's will Ella must marry Elijah, but isn't a little coinc... More

Chapter - One
Chapter - Two
Chapter - Three
Chapter - Four
Chapter - Five
Chapter - Six
Chapter - Eight
Chapter - Nine
Chapter - Ten
Chapter - Eleven
Chapter - Twelve
Chapter - Thirteen
Chapter - Fourteen
Chapter - Fifteen
Chapter - Sixteen
Chapter - Seventeen
Chapter - Eighteen
Chapter - Nineteen
Chapter - Twenty
Chapter - Twenty-One
Chapter - Twenty-Two
Chapter - Twenty Three
Chapter - Twenty-Four
Chapter - Twenty-Five
Chapter - Twenty-Six
Chapter - Twenty-Seven
Chapter - Twenty-Eight
Chapter - Twenty-Nine
Chapter - Thirty

Chapter - Seven

1K 49 14
By laylah678

RECAP:

“Open it,” Kate says nudging me “it’s from Elijah, he chose it himself.” She adds proudly.

My fingers stop mid air, right, now I really don’t want to open it now. I look at Elijah’s face, he is still smiling but I can tell he looks worried or possibly scared.

My fingers slowly pull the ribbon, it unravels quicker then I intended. I can feel everyone’s eyes on me. I gently scrape at the sellotape.

“Come one!” Kate says excitedly. Her happy moody is getting catchy; my fingers seem to have a mind of their own as they quickly tear away rest of the wrapping. Its s white velvet box decorated with tiny red hearts. My eyes shine with happiness. I can’t remember the last time someone brought me a present. Don’t cry Ella I tell myself sharply.

“Open the box,” someone says gently. My head snaps up I meet Elijah’s face lined with creases of impatience.

I look back to the box and open it. My eyes widen in delight when they land on the most beautiful bracelet; it’s silver with red glass beads and a few charms hanging off.

“Do you like it?” Elijah asks me quietly.

I nod, and I actually am not lying, I have never received anything this precious from anyone ever.

********************************************************************************

 THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED- SORRY ME IS FAR TOOOO TIRED :3

Chapter 7

Please vote and comment, it means a lot to me :3

That night in bed I can’t sleep, after what seems likes hours of tossing and turning I get out of bed. I walk over to my window and draw the curtains; it’s still pitch black but the sky is covered in a blanket of stars, there’s one that catches my attention; in the centre of lots of tiny silver specks there is a big star shining the brightest; facing south lies the Alpha Centauri. That’s my favourite one.

As I cast my eyes downwards to the street my eyes land on a single lonesome figure. I can’t tell who it is though, I try to squint my eyes to get a better view, then suddenly the person pulls their hood down and I gasp when I see who it is. But it can’t be can it? I quickly pull the curtains together so that I don’t get caught, I can feel my arms cover themselves in goose bumps, I feel myself shiver as I head back to my bed quickly and throw myself in and huddle myself in the warm duvet.

My alarm doesn’t do its job the next morning and I’m late. But then seeing as I am already late I think to myself, there’s no point in skipping breakfast because that would just be stupid as I’m already late. So I take a seat on the kitchen stool and slowly munch on my cheese toasty. When I’m finally done with breakfast, I head out.

On the front door I find a post it note, it read “Ella, we’ll be back in a couple of days, there is money in the red mug for your dinner, get whatever you want.” Oh great, bloody charming.

When I step out of the house I walk and until after about ten minutes or so, I realise I’ve walked in the opposite direction of school.

Well there’s not really any point in walking back, so head forward and find myself at the coffee shop I came to not long ago, as soon as I step into the shop, I can hear someone shout my name, I turn my head in the direction of the voice and get a shock.

Lounging in the corner are none other than Mason and Elijah and they’re not alone either, sitting with them is Kian and his brother with some other guy and one girl. I slowly raise my hand and reluctantly wave.

I make my way over to make my order, I go and join the line and decide what to have.

“Yes miss, what would you like?” the guy behind the counter asks with a smile.

“Um, do you do coolers at this time?” I ask a tiny smile on my face.

“We sure do,” the guy replies with a big grin.

“Okay, I’ll have the large mango and passion fruit cooler then,” I tell him reaching into my bag for my purse.

“Nothing to eat?”

“No thanks.” I hand over the money and take a step back to wait for my drink. I am praying that Mason or Elijah don’t call me over. Things didn’t seem to go too well the last time I encountered Kian.

As if, when I’m handed my drink I try to walk out fast as I can without any of them noticing but someone reaches out grabs my arm.

“Aaarghh!” I pull my arm away, but at first Mason doesn’t let go then suddenly when I yank my arm again, he lets go and I stumble backwards into the arms of...no, I am met by the cold floor, no one took pity on me and decided to come to my aid, they all stayed stuck on their bums.

It’s quiet for a few seconds, then the whole shop burst into laughter. I am unable to move frozen to the floor I sit until Mason sighs and gets up and pulls me up from my agony.

“Honestly Ella,” he says shaking his head. What on earth his up with this guy? How dare he act all cold and vicious one time he see’s me then all smiles the next.

“Let go of me,” I says shaking my arm free.

“God, I was just helping you,” he says raising his eyebrows a little “what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be at school?”

“I...woke up late so I’m skipping, why are you here?” I ask boldly.

I don’t care that he has seen me, if he tells my mum that’s fine, she needs to accept that I am no longer obedient little angel Ella.

“Cause I’m a bad boy,” Mason says as he grins devilishly.

“Right, whatever,” I say carelessly.

“Come and sit with us,” he says nodding to the others, who all quickly look away when I look at them. Clearly they have been straining their ears to hear every bit of our meaningless conversation.

“I think I’ll pass you on that,” I say as I shake my head.

“Why? What’s the problem?” Mason persists.

“There isn’t a problem, I should be going that’s all,” I say, for some reason my voice is wobbling. It’s his eyes, they’re just so bloody captivating...

“Ella! Ella!” Mason is shaking my shoulders “ Why the hell did you just zone out?”

Huh? What, oh God, his hands are on my freaking shoulders, I can feel  my cheeks redden from the warmth of his hands.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” he asks taking his hands off me “Are you ill?” he asks narrowing his eyes at me. He puts a hand on my forehead and he nods slightly.

“Thought so, you’re burning up,” he says knowingly, then he looks down at my hands and frowns when he notices the ice cooler in my hands “You shouldn’t be drinking freezing drinks in your condition,” he says taking it from me.

“Hey!” I try to protest and take it back from him.

“I think that a hot chocolate would suit you better hmm,” he says with a tiny smile playing at his lips. He gives me a gentle shove towards Elijah and the others “You go and take a seat, and I’ll get you a hot drink.”

Great. Just great, when I get closer to where the others I sat I stand around, not knowing where to sit.

“Sit here Ella,” Elijah says patting the seat nearest to him.  He moves his wheelchair back slightly so I can fit through. I sink into the sofa and keep my eyes down so I don’t make eye contact with any glaring eyes.

“So then, you’re the famous Ella,” a voice to my right says. Its a guy the only one I don’t know, he is staring at me with his chocolate eyes.

I frown at him, I'm not too sure what he means by that, who the hell out of this lot has been speaking about me?

I keep silent, he doesn’t say anything then either, instead he turns to the girl on the other side of him and starts whispering to her. I can feel Kian’s and his brother’s eyes boring into me but I don’t look up.

“Here you are Ella,” Mason says holding out a maroon cup out to me. I take it and mutter thanks. He comes and squeezes himself between me and that other guy.

“So then guys, this is her, one Eli’s...,” Mason trails off realising the mistake he has made.

He claps he hands together and smiles brightly “want to play truth or dare?” he asks looking around at everyone.

Kian eyes him with an amused look and shakes his head slightly. No-one says anything and Mason grins.

“Right then,” he says, he hold up a lucozade bottle and places it on the empty coffee table in the centre.

“A lucozade bottle?” the girl says wrinkling her nose “we can’t really use that,”

“Well Anais, have you got something better?” he asks her with a scowl.

She sighs and leans back into the sofa muttering something under her breath.

“I’ll spin first,” Kian says his eyes are on me, glinting but with no expression.

**********************************************************************

Well guys, hope you liked this chapter, I would like to say “next one will be up on Sunday” but I don’t really know so I don’t want to put any of you in false hope: 3

HA LOL

 TEAM MASON? TEAM ELIJAH? TEAM KIAN :3

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE: 3

Oh and if any of you have ANY idea of a cast list please message me with it :3

THANKS

<3

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377 253 20
This is the story of Stella and Arthur. " Stella, today old Mr. Mason from the Mason family comes with a marriage proposal for you. He wants you to...
190 31 11
Emily a seventeen years old girl lost her parents in an accident,but she was able to see them whenever she was in problems and danger...but she was t...
150K 4.2K 23
" Alice is your daughters name... Right ?" Mrs. Ashland asks her friend while looking up at the picture on the mantle. " Yes Alexandra. She will tur...
6.9M 181K 78
~◆~ "We have no other choice than to marry you off to Mr. Knight's grandson, Jacob." I looked up at my parents in shock "What! you guys are joking ri...