Warmth

By vickie2021

Sasuhina story. This story was inspired by one of my favorite sasuhina stories called "In the Light" by @Tayt... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 13

2.8K 94 23
By vickie2021

Hinata

Today we go into town to meet the man Izumi told us about. Sasuke and I gathered our things as Izumi and Isao ate the breakfast Sasuke made. He and I ate earlier this morning. It was a quiet breakfast. I learned something new about him though; he is a terrible cook.

"I'm ready Sasuke-kun." I say at the door. My eyes were hazel for the trip. Izumi had lended me her contacts so no one would recognize my bloodline.

"Hn." he makes his way off the couch and to the door.

"Uncle Sasu! Where are you gowing?" Sasuke picked Isao up with one arm and used the other to tickle him.

"Auntie Hina and I are going into town to get some valuable information." Izumi introduced me to Isao as 'Auntie Hina', but I didn't know Sasuke was susceptible to that name. I can tell I'm blushing. When am I not?

"Wantie Hina" Isao pouts and reaches to me. I slowly take him away from Sasuke. This was the first time I held him. He was so handsome like Sasuke with under eye marks and less spikey hair. Once I secure Isao, he pops a question. "Can you bring me something from town?" he pleaded with big dough eyes and poking his bottom lip. I slightly giggle.

"Isao leave Hina alone." Izumi came laughing and reaching for him.

I giggle more then rub Isao's and I noses together. "Of course I'll bring you something." I hand him to Izumi as a figure walks in front of me. I look to my left and see Sasuke holding the door open. "Bye." I say to the house then leave out the door.

...

The town was about forty-five minutes away. I followed Sasuke since he knew exactly where he was going. It was silent. Not a comfortable silence either. We kissed yesterday. It wasn't just a kiss. It was something I've never experienced before. It was passionate yet surprising but needed. His lips haven't left my mind. I feel a tingle in my legs that make my knees weak every time I think about them. His hands haven't left my mind either. I haven't taken my eyes off them the whole walk. They were swinging at his side as he walked. I could see their silhouettes, as they were hidden under his poncho. Shivering at the thought of how they brought fire to my skin. Whew.

I take a deep breath in and out. I need a clear mind to meet Kuriarare Kushimaru. He is currently our only lead.

This town was small but lively. There were kids running and playing, and couples walking around. The townspeople were setting up booths and decorations as if they were preparing for something.

We made our way to the bar Izumi had told us he would be. The bar was old and had a certain stench to it, like old wood and rust. The bar was full of older men. They were laughing, drinking, playing darts and cards games.

Once the door shut behind us, the only thing that could be heard was the soft music playing in the background as the entire bar silenced to size up the new comers. I gulped as all eyes were on us. Then I turn red realizing no one was looking at Sasuke, all eyes were on me.

I feel Sasuke's hand snake around my waist and pull me into him. I feel my face heat up even more. I look up to see him glaring at everyone. "Kuriarare" his demanding voice filled the bar. Everyone looked to the last booth in the back. There was an older man sending death glares our way. If looks could kill.

Sasuke moves his hand to the small of my lower back and guides me to the back of the bar. Kushimaru had light fair skin, visible wrinkles and and long blonde frizzy hair accompanied by a frizzy blonde mustache. He had multiple beer bottles scattered across the table. Sasuke sat across from Kushimaru. I sat next to Sasuke. I look back and forth between the two men as they stare at each other. "We need your help Kuriarare-san" I say to Kushimaru breaking the silence.

"State your business." he says not taking his eyes off Sasuke.

"What do you know about Mamoru?" Sasuke ask

"Mammie? Is that you?"

"No." Sasuke says with much annoyance under his voice.

"Then who are you?"

"Well my name is Hinata and this is.."

"Do you know Asuka?" Sasuke interrupts me.

"Hinata you say?" Kushimaru turns smiling at me. "What a beautiful name."

"Arigato." I say with a small smile. I can feel Sasuke shooting bullets at me. If we want this man to cooperate, we have to play nice. I glide my hand under the table and grab Sasuke's hand giving it a small squeeze. I quickly pulled away as feeling his hand brought inappropriate thoughts.

"You want a drink?"

"Oh no. I'm okay"

"Of course you want a drink." Kushimaru says with an even bigger smile. "Can I get another beer for me and the lovely girl ... and her dog." he screams at the bartender.

"Kuriarare-san do you know a Mamoru?" I say pronouncing my words.

"Should I? And please call me Kushimau." he begins to scarf down the beer bottle recently placed in front of him. I see Sasuke take a sip of his and I frown. I started to explain how Mamrou looked to Kushimaru, trying to jog any memory. He has to know something or Izumi wouldn't have sent us to him. By the time i was done he was scarfing down another beer and Sasuke had finished his.

Sasuke began explaining Mamoru's jutsu and possible motives without giving up too much information about us. I pick up my beer and smell it. I never drank before. I saw what it did to others, so I decided to stay away from it. One sip won't hurt, right? It doesn't smell bad. I took a sip and my face immediately turned sour. One sip does hurt. It tasted like what I would think cold pee taste like. The color is not helping.

Once Sasuke was done with his description, Kushimaru was now intrigued. "DId he have weird eyes?"

"What do you mean?" I blurted out.

"Like pupiless creepy eyes."

"What color, Kushimaru?" I ask

"They don't have a color, there pale eyes" I snatch my beer and take a gulp, then immediately regret it. He described Hyuuga eyes. Why? Sasuke took the beer bottle from my hands and sat it in front of him. "Give the girl back her drink" Kushimaru boasted.

"She doesn't want it" That's not entirely true. I don't want to be left out since they both have a beer. I would have finished it eventually.

"Every girl likes a drink." Kushimaru winks at me. That surely isn't true.

"She is not a girl, she is a woman." Sasuke challenges. Now that is true. Well kind of, I'm seventeen but that's women enough. "The eyes, why are they important?" Sasuke begins chugging my beer after his question.

"The Otsutsuki have a similar jutsu using chakra points, but they work outside their planet, on the moon." Sasuke almost chokes on his beer at the last part.

"The Otsutsuki?" I ask searching for more information.

"A historical clan that created the shinobi world." He drank the last of his beer before signalling for another one. "Many think they are a myth or urban legend, but no. I've seen one. They look freakishly pale and soulless. They can do some crazy jutsus using chakra control."

"The moon?' Sasuke asks staring intently at Kushimaru.

"Hai, they stay on different worlds in different dimensions. The one watching our earth lives on the moon. They are very strong. Nothing to mess with."

"What are you saying Kushimaru-san?" I ask

"If they are after you two, I'd give up. No way they won't find, no way you two are going to beat them." He began to snicker. "Yall want a round? On me of course. Y'all gonna need it." he exclaims slapping his knee. I turn to Sasuke ready to go.

"Lets go" he says as if reading my mind. We walk out the door ignoring Kushimaru's obnoxious laugh. I followed in silence. I have so many questions about the Otsutsuki.

I realize Sasuke isn't walking toward the gate. "Sasuke-kun"

"Hn"

"The town entrance is the other way." He didn't respond. We kept walking further into town until we reached an Inn.

"We need a room for a few hours." Sasuke told the women at the desk. She was tan with brown hair and eyes. She looked at Sasuke in a mesmerizing daze, as he stared blankly at her.

"Mhm" I cleared my throat for her to snap out of it. She nodded quickly at Sasuke.

"Two bedroom?" she asked, still staring at him dreamily.

"One" I say. Her and Sasuke both turn their heads to me as i quickly look at my feet.

"Three-o-seven." She says seductively handing Sasuke the key. I roll my eyes, snatched the key card from her hands passing Sasuke, then headed toward the elevators. "Hinata" Sasuke says getting on the elevator after me.

"Hm?"

"Are you okay?" He asked with a smirk. I just stared up at him. What is he doing to me? I want to face palm at how I acted. I have never snatched anything away from anyone.

"I was trying to save money." I say trying to give some explanation for my actions. We walk off the elevator to our room. "Are you going to tell me what we are doing here?" I challenge unlocking the door. The room had cream walls. There was a bed on the right side of the room with a maroon comforter. To the left was a big tan couch, a small nook kitchen with a two seater table, and the bathroom.

I walk across the room inspecting it. I turn to face and look at Sasuke waiting for an answer. Sasuke pulled a bag from under his poncho and set it on the bed. I go to the bag and pull out a light purple dress. "Get ready" he demands.

"What?"

"Get ready."

"Sasuke-kun, I don't understand." He walks to the bed and plops down closing his eyes.

"We are going to the festival tonight."

"Festival?"

"Hn" I was about to question him more but I knew he was sleep

...

I need makeup, shoes, and accessories. I peer at my plain face through the mirror. I wore my hair in a neat low bun to the side. The dress fit my perfect. It fit my waist tight but fell loose below and stopped a little above my knee. The dress was beautiful, and my hair was nice considering I have no pins. But my face and shoes don;t match. I peek my head out of the bathroom to see Sasuke still sleep. I grab the key off the kitchen table and tip-toe toward the door. I slowly open it. "Where are you going?" His groggy deep voice sent butterflies to my stomach.

"I wanted to get some stuff."

"What stuff."

"M..m..makeup"

"You don't need it."

"Well..I need some shoes." He slowly sits up with his back against the headboard.

"Check the bag." I close the door and look in the same bag I found my dress. In the bottom was a pair of black stilettos, mascara, eyeliner, hair pins, and lipstick. I squeal with happiness.

"Sasuke-kun, how did you know?"

"Compliments of Izumi." I run to the bathroom and fix myself properly

...

The festival was beautiful. The town was lit up in all colors. We went to almost all the booths and played all the games. Well I played all the games as Sasuke watched. He did play one shooting game and won me a black teddy bear with a red bow tie. It was the cutest thing anyone has ever given me. We made our way on the top of a hill to watch the fireworks. I love fireworks. They are beautiful.

As fireworks begin I watch in awe. They were multi-colored blooming in the sky. They were all types of shapes and some even formed images. The scenery was amazing. I look over to Sasuke to see if he was mesmerized by the fireworks also. He was staring at me. "Sasuke-kun you're missing the fireworks, they're beautiful."

"I'm watching the beauty."

"How?"

"Through the reflection in your eyes" I turn back to the sky trying to control my blush. Why must he say such embarrassing things?

Once the fireworks were over, Sasuke and I walked back to Izumi's cottage side by side. We did not speak, but unlike the trip to, it was a comfortable silence.

We entered the cottage. Sasuke took off his headband and poncho. "Thank you Sasuke-kun. I had fun." I say hugging the bear to my chest.

"Your married"

"Wha..Huh?"

"Your ring"

"My..." I look at my finger. "Oh! This is my mother's ring. I used to keep it in the draw in my room. But with all the traveling, I thought the best place for it was on my finger." I say staring at my ring. "It is beautiful, isn't it? My father had it made just for my mother."

I look from my finger to see Sasuke dangerously close looking down on me. His fingers grazed my cheeks as he tucked some of my hair behind my ears. Then his thumb trailed across my bottom lip causing my breath to hitch. His eyes never left mine, keeping me at bay to his touch. He slowly leaned in and gave a gentle kiss to my lips. It was soft but too quick. I too kept his gaze ready to lean it and let our lips meet once again but his smirk stops me. The upward turn of one side of his lips drops my heart into my stomach. He leans in again, passing my lips and letting his tongue sting my left earlobe. My eyes roll back at the warmth. " Goodnight." he whispers, making my eyes shoot open. Goodnight? Is he gonna leave me like this? I watch as he leans back on his heels and walks away to the couch.

"You can sleep in the room with me." I say as he lays down on the couch.

"Go to bed Hinata." he whispers closing his eyes.

"You had a nightmare last night." I explain getting his attention. "You were screaming, so I came out here and held your hand. I fell asleep out here as well."

"I.. I.. Thank you." This was the first time I ever heard him hesitate. He sounded defeated. Like he was disappointed in his actions.

"I don't think you should sleep out here again." I say trying to persuade him as best I can.

"Hn" he stands and walks past me down the hall and into the room. I sigh grabbing his poncho and headband then following him. We got ready for bed quietly. I showered first, then Sasuke. I wore a light pink nightgown that stopped right at the knee. Izumi let me borrow it. By the time Sasuke was done with his shower, I was already in bed. I was laying on my side facing the bathroom waiting for him to emerge. I stare at the door intently as time goes by. Soon I felt my eyelids heavy as sleep tried to consume me. I hear the door knob turn and my eyes immediately expand. Sasuke walked out nonchalantly, not looking at anything in particular. He was shirtless with black sweatpants. I've seen him shirtless multiple times but it still brought heat to my face.

I felt the mattress lift under me as Sasuke laid down. I was patiently waiting for his hand to find my waist and pull me close to him. Minutes passed but his warmth never reached me. I peer over my shoulder to see him staring at the ceiling in deep thought. "How much did you hear?" his deep voice filled the silent room. I knew he was talking about last night.

"You were whining, at first, mostly Itachi's name and other things I couldn't make out. You were twisting and flinching." I turn on my other side fully facing him. "Then u began screaming and crying, still Itachi's name but also Okaasan and Otousan. Then you kept asking 'Why?' and violently crying. That's when I finally found my feet to move and help you. I sang to you, ran my fingers through your hair, and held your hand until you calmed down." His face was unreadable but the emotion was parent.

"He showed me it all. Every death. It was torture." His voice broke. "He did it. I can't get the blood, .. the pleas, .. the cries, ... and all the blank faces out my head. They come to haunt me every time I close my eyes." He says on the verge of tears.

"Hey" I grab his face to look at me. "You don't have to explain if you are not ready. We have all the time in the world. Plus you have me to chase all your bad thoughts away." I say giving him a cheeky smile with all teeth. A small grin bloomed on his face, making me feel accomplished.

"Your truly something else Hina." His warmth finally reaches me as he pulls me in close. "Do you have someone special in Konoha?" His question catches me completely off guard.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." I knew exactly what he meant. I haven't thought about Naruto since we escaped. Which is rare, really rare. I used to think about him everyday, every hour honestly. I would obsess over being his; being his first, being his wife, being the mother of his children, being his everything as he is mine. Before I was taken, my dream came true. Naruto became my boyfriend, and I am now in bed with another man. His best friend.

"I have a boyfriend." I finally answer.

"How long?" I giggle at the irony.

"We got together the night before I was captured."

"Wow. How did you two stay together that long?" He asks with an inquisitive face. The Uchiha Sasuke is being sarcastic? I push him jokingly. "Was he your first kiss?"

"No."

"Was it me?"

"No. Kiba"

"Kiba?" I giggle at his shocked response.

"Yes, we were curious kids, just wanted to see what it was like. It was super weird. We agreed never again." I laugh explaining our reasoning.

"Do you love him?"

"Kiba? No we're only friends."

"Your boyfriend."

"Oh" Well fuck. It's a fair question. If he asked me some months ago, I would have turned beat red and eagerly nodded my head yes. But now, I'm confused about what love is. Naruto inspired me. I became a better ninja from training harder and longer just to keep up with him. I became a better friend from watching how he treated everyone and changed many shinobi hearts for the better. I saw my future brighter and began disregarding my father harsh words because nothing ever stopped Naruto. Not words, not actions, not depression nor emotions. He pushed through it all, so that's what I sought out to do. I did everything with Naruto on my mind. So why am I here now? Why am I doing things with Sasuke when I have my dream guy in Konoha?

"I.." I hesitate looking into those obsidian eyes. Naruto has never made me feel this way. He has never made me feel safe, wanted, hot, excited, strong, eager, hungry, important, or needed in a couple months. Sasuke brings out things in me that I didn't know could surface. I don't know if that's good or not, but it's different. He's different. I have never craved someone before Sasuke. I hunger for his touch, his kiss, his gaze, his warmth. He brings warmth to all of me and I don't know if I can ever let go of that. "Not like I use too." I answer not knowing where I stand.

"What changed?"

"I got thrown in a cell with you." I simply respond. He smirked and tilted his head to kiss me. I comply and let him pull me impossibly closer. His tongue makes its way out my mouth to revisit my ear.

"Has anyone ever made love to you Hinata?"

___________________________________________

Longest chapter yet! Did you like it??

FYI: Kuriarare Kushimaru is one of the originally seven swordsmen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 51 6
After the fourth Shinobi war, Hinata decides to leave Konoha to see the world. She starts her journey by going after the last surviving Uchiha. "I'...
3.2K 176 33
Hinata Hyuga~ Fated by her misery. A fallen princess. An incomplete love story, left behind long ago. Living a life of an orphan. Scheming to avenge...
12.1K 267 15
Mesmerized by Hinata, Uchiha Sasuke develops a feeling towards hinata. In his darkness she became a light. Love blooms in his heart. A story abou...
8.9K 298 11
Two 23 year olds take a summer internship opportunity in Kumogakure. Hinata Hyuga was just looking to hone her skills and be away from home... Narut...