The AGIG Reality Doll Enhancer

By kelseybluewolfe

Fifteen year old Emily Roses is a doll photographer. At a yard sale, she stumbles across a strange doll chai... More

A Quick Announcement
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Seven

40 2 2
By kelseybluewolfe

Sarah

We walked to the register where I paid for both dolls, three Disney-themed pullovers, and three pairs of Disney ears. Glancing back, I saw that Emily was still talking to the older boy.

"Hey, did you see that she found a Prince Charming?" I asked Rosie, taking our merchandise in the bag provided for us.

"Where?" She poked her head to peer at them, "Oh, ew!"

"What? Are you jealous?" I asked the child jokingly.

"Blegh, no way! He's an old fart," Rosie crossed her arms, sticking her tongue out at him.

"He's probably like sixteen years old," I chuckled in amusement.

She seemed disgusted by the guy leeching on my sister. Was I? I had to admit that his flirting was pretty bad, but other than that, he appeared to be a reasonably nice guy.

"Okay Emily, we got the boring stuff done! Can we go on rides now?!" Rosie yelled at them from across the room.

I probably should've scolded her for interrupting them, but our time was limited. We were going to California Adventure tomorrow, and Disneyland today. The trip was over tomorrow evening, so if Emily wanted to chat with the guy all day, she could get his phone number or social media.

Emily jogged up to us, "Hey, go ahead without me for now! I'll catch up with you guys soon."

I saw Rosie's excitement deflate.

"Well, okay. Don't be a slowpoke then," I pushed a smile.

"It won't be long," she tried to assure us.

"Oh wait," I pulled her pink Disney pull-over and Mickey ears from the bag, "These are yours."

"Thanks, sis! I pinkie promise I'll be quick!" Emily told Rosie and I.

When she ran off with the older guy, I saw Rosie pull the Aurora doll from her bag.

"I think I should return this one," she spitefully muttered, crossing her arms.

"Oh, don't say that," I chuckled, putting the doll Rosie thought looked like Emily back into the bag, "She said she wasn't going to be long. Let's go stand in a longer line, so maybe when she's ready, she can come with us."

"Okay!" Rosie dropped her irritation at the new plan, holding my hand as we stepped out of the store so she wouldn't get lost.

We first stopped at the bathroom so we could change into our new Disney merchandise. I pulled the blue Disney sweatshirt over the white tank top and pleated skirt I was wearing, then put on my sparkling blue Disney ears. Rosie wore the same sweatshirt, but purple, over her pink dress, and wore sparkling purple Disney ears.

We had gone through several rides and lines as we waited for Emily. Rosie had kept insisting that I check my phone to make sure she wasn't trying to find us.

By lunchtime, I decided to text the girl to make sure she hadn't gotten kidnapped. We sat down at an empty table, planning to get lunch once we heard from my sister.

Messages:

Me: Hey Em. Everything okay? It's been a

few hours and we haven't heard from you.

Emily: Hey! Tell Rosie I said hi! I'm with Brandon

in California Adventure right now, about to get on

California Screamin :D Text you soon!

"Emily says hi," I blandly stated, putting my phone away. She had already gone to California Adventure without us, even though it was our plan for the next day.

"When's the drama queen going to get here?" Rosie asked, glancing toward my backpack as I forcefully zipped it.

"Who knows? Emily is absolutely boy-crazy, so it could be hours... or days," I realized with a disgusted shudder, ignoring her name-calling rather than correcting it at the moment.

"Days?! She's here with us! Not that butthead hog boy," Rosie crossed her arms frustratedly, jumping up to take action, "He stole her from us! You know what happens when girls get boyfriends? They grow up and mature. When they mature, they don't need dolls anymore. Dolls are useless once girls grow up and forget the toys they once loved! I'll be forgotten with her childhood!"

"That... won't happen," I rolled my eyes at her dramatic speech, reassuring her, "You're not exactly an American Girl doll anymore, Rosie. Plus, she loves her Instagram hobby way too much to let that happen."

"Still, that butthead is hogging her up!"

"She's capable of making her own choices, even if they're dumb, irresponsible ones. Seriously, he's an actual stranger and Emily goes along with him without blinking an eye. That's so freaking dangerous and stupid! We don't even know if he's actually a teenager and not some creep trying to kidnap doofuses like Emily, and I can't believe I just let her go with him! Never go with strangers, Rosie," I quickly incorporated an advisory lesson into my brimming rant.

"I know. Emily already told me. Apparently she doesn't do that though. She should be grounded," Rosie decided, frowning at her own realization.

"My parents aren't even home long enough to make sure she stays grounded," I muttered, feeling my eyes moisten, "Plus, if they figured out we skipped school to take a plane to Disneyland, they'd come home, yell at me because Emily is 'too precious to be yelled at,' and it'd end in both of us being sent to live with Aunt Hilda in Utah. Emily would kill me if she had to say goodbye to her 'besties for life."

Rosie snorted in amusement every time I saltily made air-quotes. "That's dumb. Isn't Emily the older twin?" she asked curiously.

"Yeah, by like ten minutes. Still, our parents would freak out at me because they literally can't look at their perfect princess daughter and get angry! I'm the less smart, less talented, more tom-boyish twin, and everything I do is never good enough for them! Yet Emily can just tap a paintbrush on a canvas, and she's freaking Picasso?!" I stopped when I realized I was about to go on an entire rant I probably shouldn't be dumping on a kid at Disneyland.

I regained my composure, taking a breath before I said anything more.

"I'm sorry," I apologized.

Rosie's eyes were filled with confusion, "That's okay. But your parents sound like buttheads."

Wiping at my eyes to make sure they wouldn't leak any unwanted tears, I took another deep breath. "We should get food. Maybe Redd Rocket's Pizza Port?" I asked, changing the subject.

"What the heck is a red rocket pizza port? Red is a color, rocket is a thing, pizza is a food, and port is a computer thing. Yeesh, y'all are confusing with English," the child rolled her eyes.

"It's a restaurant that people eat at. They have food there," I explained, forgetting the child was literally a doll for her entire existence, and she hadn't picked up on anything that Emily and I hadn't said around her for eight or so years.

"Pizza?" Rosie guessed, almost sarcastically.

"Yes. Is that what you want? I need you to stay here and hold our table so no one else gets it while I get our food."

The child, having little experience with hyperboles and exaggerated language, got under the table (it was nailed down to the cement) and tried to lift it.

"No, I mean just sit at the table until I get back," I rephrased it to be more specific, "You can sit at the chair you were just sitting at and just wait."

"Oh, that makes more sense! I can guard the table then," Rosie decided.

"Thank you," I told her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 12.8K 89
"Naughty Rose, trying to get started without us, tell us what you want baby," I cooed at her. "I want all of you right now. I want to be rid of my vi...
2.4K 75 20
Last year, a pair of inseparable twin sisters were torn apart by stress and their differences in the relatively smooth first year of university. Ove...
504K 16.7K 60
If asked, baby Emily Robinson would have gleefully said that, her life revolved around two cornerstones: volleyball, Riley. Volleyball was the pass...
733K 31.2K 46
Unrealistic and impossible... Rose didn't even believe in God... yet she's experienced a miracle. A second chance. Magic became apart of biology and...