Another Flower || James Potter

By chenevamaggie

The one where Daisy Evans decided to step out from the shadows. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 36

26.6K 668 320
By chenevamaggie

"Daisy! James!" Sirius yelled as he ran into the Gryffindor common room drenched in water. Marlene looked up from far away. She had a sly grin on her face, Sirius did look pretty good all wet...

Daisy looked up alarmed. "What is it?" She was just chatting with Marlene, the two had become friends during the semester.

"I- found- out something," he said gasping for breath.

"Really? You just realized that you're an idiot?" Marlene joked. Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Actually, I found out about that years ago..." Sirius mumbled and Marlene laughed.

"About the jewels?" Daisy asked pointing at the jewels he was clutching tightly.

He vigorously nodded and sat down next to Daisy on the couch in front of the fireplace. Marlene knew they needed time to think so she left the room to find Lily.

"Where's James?" he asked.

"Oh, him? I honestly have no clue," Daisy said. She knew he was probably with Lily or something. She pretended not to care, but Sirius saw right through her.

Sirius shrugged and put the jewels in between them.

"I was walking around the lake trying to think of more things we could do with the jewels." He began. Daisy raised her eyebrows. She was surprised that Sirius was finally starting to put effort in thinking about the jewels.

Daisy nodded and motioned for him to continue.

"Well, a Blast-Ended Skrewt that seemed to have escaped started chasing me. I dropped the jewels and started running. Then, I realized I DROPPED THE JEWELS so I had to dive into the lake to retrieve them. Suddenly, they opened! I didn't have enough time to see what they did, I just got out and ran over here." He said all in one breath.

Daisy slowly thought about what he said and she grinned.

"So the jewels only work in water! Sirius you're a genius!" Daisy shouted.

"I know I'm a genius." Sirius said. Daisy rolled her eyes, but she was secretly proud of him.

Daisy beamed at him. "That's brilliant! All we have to do is go to the prefect's bathroom and take a little swim. Or we can go to the lake, but I'd rather not."

Sirius agreed with her. "But we still don't know where James is."

Daisy became a little concerned but she didn't show it. "He'll show up."

Sirius nodded and just then James walked in, looking like he was just in a fight with who knows who.

"Where were you?" Sirius asked James as he made his way over to where they were sitting.

"Lily," He mumbled, not looking very happy. His girlfriend was just such a drama queen sometimes.

Daisy was oblivious to his unhappiness. "Of course it was Lily. She's more important to you then the tournament." Daisy said, a bit angry.

"N-No that's not it!" James said turning red.

Sirius sighed and got in between them.

"James, apologize for acting like Lily is your world. Daisy, apologize for jumping to conclusions," he said.

"Sorry," they both mumbled at the same time, not meeting each other's eyes.

"Wonderful! Now Daisy, can you tell James what I so graciously found out?" he asked clapping.

Daisy gave James a quick relay of what happened with Sirius.

James smiled and said, "That's wonderful, Sirius! You actually have a brain!" Sirius sighed.

"Why am I a moron to everybody?" Sirius groaned and James laughed.

"Now we actually have an idea of what to do. We've got to get to the Prefect's bathroom as soon as we can! I know the password," Sirius said.

They decided to do it at midnight, so no-one would really disturb them. After hanging out with them for so long, Daisy had got used to all the trouble making. Daisy picked a pure white bathing suit and quickly through her robes one it. She met the boys down stares, and Marlene was the one to see if anyone was watching.

They got to the Prefects' bathroom under the Invisibility cloak and opened the door with the help of Sirius who said the password, "Grindylow". Everybody seemed to be alseep and so far, no sign of any teachers or prefects.

They got into the bathroom and took off their robes. James was shirtless and Daisy flushed when she saw him. He looked really, really good. All the quidditch work out really payed off, James Potter indeed had a body. She looked away and hoped he didn't see her blush.

Sirius splashed into the water and Daisy followed him. She slowly pushed the three jewels into the water and James dived down. They had put spells on them so they could breathe under water for about five minutes. Time for the truth.

The jewels indeed opened just as Sirius had said. They were glowing bright and the light was really making it hard to stay in the water. Daisy moved closer and looked at them and she gasped underwater. Inside the light, she saw pictures. Moving pictures of some...stuff?

Then it all came together. She saw pictures of stuff underwater. The giant squid, which was really, really big, meraids, she had read in a book that they really were in the black lake, and much, much more creatures that were in the lake. There were also Grindylows, which was funny, because that was the password for the bathroom.

Finally, the five minutes were up and the three burst out from the water. The three of them looked at each other and Daisy knew that the boys had gotten it too.

"So, we're suppose to go underwater...." Sirius said, looking excited.

"Yeah! We already have a spell to let us go underwater!" Daisy said.

"But they might make us go in for who knows how long!" Sirius exclaimed. Daisy nodded.

"We better start working, so we can find a spell or charm to make us stay longer!" Daisy said. James stayed quiet all this time which was weird. He was usually the one shouting out ideas, very talkative, not like he was today.

"Are you okay, James?" Daisy asked. James just shrugged.

"I'm not really fond of the water...." He finally spat out. Daisy and Sirius looked at each other and after a long silence, they burst out laughing.

"You can't swim?" Daisy asked.

"No! Of course I can swim. I just don't like the fact that we're going to be going under water and swimming around with creatures like Grindylows." James shuddered. Sirius barked a laugh.

"The mighty James Potter is actually scared of something! Come one James. Let's go to the library. We have a lot to do."

Just like last time, the three spent a lot of time one the library. They looked from book to book, looking for the perfect spell to use. But some were just to hard, and some just couldn't help in their situation.

"Well, we could always use the bubble head charm..." James said. Sirius frowned.

"I mean it's the most easiest, but I'm afraid it's not stable." Sirius said. Daisy sighed.

"Sirius, we have no time, we have to use it." Daisy said. So they finally agreed on the bubble head charm.

It was time for them to go underwater. The had half and hour to retrieve three more jewels.

"Wait, wait wait....but where are the jewels exactly?" Krum asked Dumbledore. Dumbledore just smiled.

"That, is what you guys have to find out." Dumbledore said. Daisy frowned. They only had half and hour, but they had to go retrieve three jewels from a super big lake and they had no idea where to locate them?

"This is going to be absoutley impossible!" She heard a French girl say.

Yes, it will be impossible.

"Come on guys, we only have half an hour." Sirius said. They stood at the edge at the lake, and when the Dumbledore blew the horn, the three started the bubble head charm and jumped into the lake.

"Merlin's beard! It's freezing!" Daisy tried talking, but apparently, she couldn't talk under water. Sirius took the lead, he was actually really good at swimming, and since he had been under here before, he knew some places. That was good. They had to beat the Durmstrang team in this round, or they might not be able to win at all.

They met a Grindylow. How fun.

It was ugly. 'A sickly green creature with sharp little horns had its face pressed against the glass, pulling faces and flexing its long, spindly fingers'. Daisy remembered from a book she read. It looked absolutely disgusting.

There's no way I'm touching that.

Then it zoomed straight toward Sirius. Daisy screamed underwater. Sirius pulled out his wand but suddenly, other Grindylows came out of nowhere, and they seemed to like Sirius. Sirius tried some spells but nothing really happened. James pulled out his wand and tried too but nothing happened.

Then it hit Daisy. She remembered something she read and used the Revulsion Jinx, and it finally worked. The Grindylows zoomed back where they came from, who knows where.

Thank gods.

But Sirius was hurt. He was bleeding bad and Daisy was panicking. He didn't look like he was able to keep doing the task. He tried telling them that he was okay, but Daisy saw right through him. He wasn't doing well.

"We have to get him up there and continue himself. No time to waste!" Daisy tried saying to James, no sound came out, but James understood. James took hold of Sirius arm and went up himself. Apparently, even though he didn't like the water, James was a pretty good swimmer.

After James got back, which took forever, he and Daisy continued on there quest. They looked around and saw a lot of interesting fish.

How cute.

Thankfully, the fish weren't harmful, but James accidentally bumped into something. It was something definitely squishy. James face suddenly paled. Then Daisy understood.

Oh, merlin's beard.

The Giant Squid is a gigantic cephalopod, with eight arms and two long tentacles. Daisy remembered from a book.

"RUN!" She quickly tried to scream and James followed her, even though she wasn't quite sure if the giant squid was harmful or not, she and James weren't going to stop and find out. They needed to find the jewels.

"Well, it will help you though." Daisy suddenly heard a deep voice say. She and James turned around quickly and saw that they were at a strange place.

"Merpeople." James gasped underwater. Daisy understood. They didn't look like how the pictures looked like in fairytale books. They looked weird, they looked...ugly? They were big and tall, and they coward down to James and Daisy. They were standing in somewhere, like a fort? A castle.

"Um...what did you say?" James tried asking, then slowly bowing down, if that was necessary.

"The squid will help you." Then they all left at once, swimming back to the fort. Daisy understood. The jewels, the giant squid had the jewels! But how? Why would Dumbledore give the jewels to the giant squid? He was, after all, the giant squid.

"Let's go." Daisy swum fast back to where the giant squid once was. She then noticed that the Durmstrang gang was there. It looked like Doha was trying to communicate with the squid, but it wasn't buying it. The squid wasn't hurting anyone, but he wasn't budging and giving out free jewels.

Finally, Daisy tapped Doha on the shoulder and beckoned him to let her talk. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She took out her last jewel and James followed. Doha frowned, he had forgot to bring his jewel. The squid slowly moved, which was a good sign. Maybe.

She then pressed a finger onto his sticky skin and suddenly, she felt like she was lifted up to the sky, James beside her.

They had won this round! She felt the warm sun drown upon her, she saw the blue sky again, and James just looked totally relieved. She looked down and saw that no-one followed them, so they definitely won this round! It took them forty minutes, but they were at-least close!

Now for Sirius...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 25 14
❝ ɪ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴄʜɪᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪ ᴍᴀʏ ʙᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀᴍ 𝒏𝒐𝒕 ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ❞
26.2K 301 12
One-Shots centered around The Marauders and their adventures both in and out of Hogwarts.
313K 9.2K 80
Sequel to The Fifth Marauder! Please read it or else you probably won't understand this story.
29.3K 608 14
"𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦, 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘰𝘰." ***** 🌸𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐝�...