Chapter 24

Finally it was time to head back to Hogwarts. Daisy was relieved, happy and excited. She could finally escape for Lily and her parents and enjoy her last year.

"Bye Petunia." Daisy whispered to her sister, hugging her tightly. Petunia hugged her back and murmured a 'bye'.

"I know this sounds selfish of me, but sometimes I just don't want you to go. I wish you weren't a witch." Petunia said quietly. Daisy smiled.

"It isn't selfish of you. It just shows that you'll miss me. Don't worry, I'll be back soon." Daisy said, giving Petunia one last hug then stepping up into the train.

Daisy met Alice and Mary in the corridors and the three headed to their normal compartment.

"Guys, guess what? My parents kept hinting to me that something special is going too come up this year." Mary said. Alice quickly nodded.

"Yeah, mine too. Like a really big event. I can't wait to know what it is!" Alice said excitedly. This was the only time that Daisy was jealous that Alice and Mary had wizarding families. They could know much more because of their parents, but Daisy also loves her parents, and she wouldn't trade anything for them.

"Well...we'll know soon enough," Daisy said, smiling at her friends.

"Anyway, I need to go find Frank, sorry guys." Alice smiled apologetically and left the compartment. Ever since Alice got with Frank, she had been spending way less time with her to friends, and this had been really bothering both Daisy and Mary. Alice was a great friend, a really good friend, but how could you be a good friend when you're never there anymore. She skipped everything for Frank, and they never had any girl time anymore. Daisy and Mary were both happy that Alice was happy with Frank, but they weren't happy that Alice wasn't spending enough time with them.

After Alice was gone, Daisy and Mary looked at each other for a long time, both thinking the same thing.

"Do you- they said at the same time.

"You go first-

"Sorry-

"Alice is never here anymore- They finished together.

"Yup." Mary heaved a sigh.

"I think we should talk to her. This isn't healthy for us." Daisy proposed.

"I agree," Mary said. They bought a few snacks from the trolley witch and headed back to their compartment. While heading back to the compartment, Daisy bumped into someone. It was James. She smiled at him.

"Hey, James." James grinned back.

"Sorry for bumping into you."

"Nah, it's fine," James said.

"Say, Mary, did you hear anything from your parents, like something special happening in Hogwarts?" James asked. Mary nodded.

"What do you think it is?" Mary asked. James shrugged.

"I'm not sure, my parents wouldn't tell me," James said. Sirius suddenly came from behind and scared Daisy. She jumped, causing Sirius and James to crack up. Daisy rolled her eyes, typical marauder boys.

"Well...I know what it is." Sirius said mysteriously. They all turned to him.

"You do, I can't believe you didn't tell me! What is it?" James asked Sirius.

"Filch is retiring," Sirius said, faking a sad face. They all laughed.

"No, I'm serious," Sirius said.