Oblivious And In Denial (taek...

By bubblewrap1009

Watch how two childhood best friends set out in search of true love, scared to be single at 30 soon, But in t... More

1. Jailhouse Rock
2. Horror Day
3. Massey
4.Why?
5. Mission
7. The Walking Dead
8. Testing Waters
9. Meltdown
10. Sexuality?
11. Daisy
12. Bryan Adams
13. Unleashed
14. Heimlich
15. Running away
16. Open when
17. Figured out
18. Can't sleep
19. In love with you
20. Coffee
21. Use me- Part I
22. Use me- Part II
23. How dare you?
24. Forget about it
25. Yoonmin?
26. One last time (M)
27. Little flashback
28. It was always there
29. Reconcile
31. Mr. Kim Jr.
32. A Whole Circus
33. Tae & Koo sign out

6. Other side of the Road

8.4K 741 458
By bubblewrap1009

Taehyung groaned once again for the 100th time in the past hour.

Done with the younger's attitude, Hosoek turned his swivel chair to face him simultaneously closing the lid of his pen. "Okay, spill."

"Thank you for finally granting me an ounce of attention" Taehyung rolled his eyes then groaned again and threw his head on the table banging his forehead on the surface then rubbing it "Ow!"

"Five minutes. I have shitload of deadlines to meet so You have five minutes. So talk to me like adults. what's wrong?" Hoseok said with a poker face.

"I need a lover."

"oh.. Oh.. Deja vu?? No wait.. That's actually something you say every fucking day" Hoseok said with an amusement laced voiced while scooting his chair closer to taehyung's cubicle.

"Hobi hyungggg" taehyung whined "I called it off with big-boobs"

"Ofcourse you did. Poor Stacey" Hoseok expressionlessly said after he grabbed his laptop and came back to his chair keeping it on his lap.

"Massey. Help meeeee" taehyung banged his forehead again and then rubbed it, again. "ow!"

Hoseok quietly sat thier with a poker face again looking to his front at practically nothing seemingly deep in thought.
Nodding, as if having an agreement with himself, he scooted his chair closer to the younger now completely in his cubicle.

"Ok, hear me out completely first before you react. You see how there's just some reason why every girl who asks you out, or vice versa, doesn't really 'fit your expectations' " Hoseok said making air-bunnie s beside his hair "How about you try to drive on other side of the road?" Hosoek raised his eyebrows and gestured his hands so that younger catches on.

"You mean.... " taehyung's eyes widened a little.

"yeah" hosoek interrupted with a wide grin.

"you mean i should hire a hooker? " making an 'o' with his mouth.

Hoseok facepalmed. This might take more than five minutes.
"other side of the road, Taehyung. The road where I drive. "

Finally catching on Taehyung sat back with an annoyed expression and scoffed sarcasticly

"And here I thought we were talking seriously like adults. Are you making fun of me now?"

"No! What the hell is that supposed to mean? "

"Hobi hyung I respect and admire what you have with Yoonie hyung but you know that I don't float in that boat."

"Niether did i before I met Yoon and look, now we celebrated our 10 year anniversary last week. Thank you again for the delicious cake by the way." The older showed his entire dentition in a blinding smile as if he just said the most normal thing.

"You were 18, that's the age of figuring out the sexuality. Not 26."

"Sometimes you're so orthodox taehyung that you make me wanna smack your face" Hosoek now opened his laptop he on his lap continuing the design he was working on, huffing in irritation.

"Look, I'm sorry Hobi hyung but i think I'm good. I just need the right girl. Actually I think I have set the bar too high. Imma lower it down a little so i don't end up alone."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night. But you know I have someone in my eye, a guy from Yoon's workplace. My cupid self thinks he's the one for you. Or atleast close enough. Wouldn't hurt to try if you ask me. The offer is open if you change your mind. "

"I don't see that happening but thank you for your offer. Now before you get back, I'd like my hug of the day."

"C'mere" Hoseok opened his arms on his chair and taehyung threw his upper body onto his chest before both returning back to work as if the conversation never happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"HONEY!! I'M HOME!!" Jungkook shouted as he entered the apartment just like everyday and made his way to the kitchen where taehyung was preparing dinner.

"watcha cookin'?" he asked peeking inside the pan with stew of some sort and then lifted the serving spoon to slurp a little.

Taehyung smacked his hand and stirred the stew again "Why are you so chirpy today? Let me guess, someone gave you a head at office?"

"Sometimes I hate how much you know me. I was excited to tell you about it" Jungkook rolled his eyes as he took off his coat and threw it across the hall making it land on the couch. Then he uncuffed the sleeves and rolled them upwards.

"Go chop the onions."

"No can do. Gotta shower and get ready. I. Got. A. Date. Tonight." he emphasized in between doing little shimmy dance with fists on the side of his chest.

"Mona?"

"Daisy."

"Your boss's daughter? Damnnn!!"

"Right? she was like - hey jungkook you wanna go out with me tonight? Okay I'll pick you up at niiine" he raised the pitch of his voice to that of a girl's and batted his eyelashes moving his head from side to side and pretending to roll a strand of hair in his finger.

"Should i sleep with earplugs tonight?" Taehyung asked after having a hearty laugh.

"Actually no, imma take this one slow because I'm actually looking forward to something more than banging this time."

"Finally! And she also has a Rolls Royce, doesn't she?"

"Hey! That's not why I'm doing this? "

"yeah? What's the color of her eyes"

"The Rolls Royce is metallic grey."

Both of them laughed for a few minutes before jungkook panicked how he's gonna be late and rushed to the shower.

Taehyung served the dinner for himself and kept the rest of it in the fridge for if jungkook is hungry after he returns from his date when the doorbell rang.

He quickly wiped his hands on the towel and made his way to the door revealing a petite blonde with a tight red dress that could easily pass as a top if worn with a bottom revealing an enormous amount of cleavage formed by the pushup bra she wore. Heels as high as a skyscraper yet she was only about 5'5"ish with them on. Loud makeup as if she dipped her face in a bag of highlighter and big botoxed lips bright red in color.

Yep, totally jungkook's type.

She smiled at taehyung while adjusting her glittery sling clutch on her shoulder. "Hi. You must be the best friend he was talking about. I'm-"

"Daisy. I know. Jungkook talks about you a lot. Kim Taehyung." he extended his hand and inviting her in.

"He talks about me? " a new sparkle in her eyes that were hooded with dark smokey makeup.

"Yeah, so many times. He was saying how pretty you are and how he wanted to ask you out but you beat him to it" He lied because that's what they do. Be a wingman for the other the slightest chance they get.

She evidently blushed seating herself on the couch when taehyung gestured her to.
"Would you like to have something? Coffee? wine? Beer?"

"Just water would do. Your apartment is bigger than I thought I'd be"

"Umm.. Thanks? We chip in our salaries."

He handed her the water and went to knock on jungkook's door. "your date is here."

"She's early! Get me your black leather shoes and a pair of socks that is not neon"

"You've gotta stop buying them if you hate it so much" he mumbled as he went to his room to grab the shoes and socks and knocked again to it to jungkook who opened a slit of the door and stood on the other side.

"Is this okay?" jungkook asked as taehyung stepped inside his room to check out the other standing barefoot wearing tight black pants and a well fitted mahogany silk shirt that taehyung had gifted him for no reason.

Taehyung adjusted the collar of his shirt, held the buckle of his belt to bring it to the centre, a little concealer that was smudged on the side of his lip, he wiped it off with his thumb, closed his fly because Jungkook always forgets it, ran his fingers through his hair to adjust them and then gave patted on both his shoulders. "Handsome."

"Did you talk to her? How much do ya give her?"

"8/10 for your standards 2/10 for mine. " he scored her looks, something they always do which gives jungkook a wierd confidence if taehyung scores his dates more than 6.

"2? Aw come on! you've got to lower your expectations. There is not a single woman whose managed to crack you!!"

"I'm starting to think there's no woman made for me" his statement, surprising himself, hit home far more than it was supposed to. And just as he said those words his smile fell and eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, hey, hey! Where did that come from.. Huh? You're just too shy to ask too many of them out and when you do they're just wierd, obsessive, stoners or outright disrespectful."
Jungkook cupped taehyung's cheek and and pecked his forehead "I'm gonna set you up on a blind date again. Ok? "

"Yeah yeah.. Stop acting cheesy and go! Lip-filler-Daisy is waiting."

"That's what we're calling her? " Jungkook chuckled and pecked his forehead again and moved to wear his (taehyung's) shoes. He grabbed his coat and rushed out.

"Oh hey Daisy! Tae! I'm out. Don't wait up!! "

"Byeee! Have fun!!" He shouted standing frozen in the same place in jungkook's room his own words repeating in his head like a broken record. Only difference the focus of stress was concentrated on just two words "no girl"

"What the fuck am I on about?" he scolded himself.

"Have I turned that desperate?"

"wouldn't hurt to try" Hobi hyung's words rang in his ears.

"Seriously what the fuck is wrong with me??"

"It's all your fault Hobi hyung!" he fisted his hair and went to eat his now cold beef stew.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 37.9K 26
Risking everything for love, Taehyung finally allows himself to listen to whom his heart is calling for, no other than Jungkook, his best friend. How...
1.2K 89 27
[COMPLETE] Best friends jeongguk and taehyung make for a perfect couple but refuse to consider a romantic relationship. However, when they start dati...
327K 15.7K 53
Taehyung and Jungkook are childhood bestfriends. They love to hang out with each other. Night outs, parties , sleep over they are never alone. Taehy...
278K 10.6K 32
When Jeon Jungkook , a normal teen finds out that his crush actually likes his best friend , everything turns upside down . Pls DUnt Kill MeH This Is...