in silence ᴰᴼᴵᴸ

By eternallyria

taeil befriends the new boy who seems to carry secrets. ♡♡♡ ᴅᴏʏᴏᴜɴɢxᴛᴀᴇɪʟ ⟶ ɴᴄᴛ discontinued imsorry :( More

「 intro 」
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
✒ ᵗʰᵃⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘヾ(^ω^*)
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
27.
28.
29.
30.

26.

776 62 35
By eternallyria

☁️🌹☁️

Doyoung didn't come the next day.

The seat on Taeil's right was uncomfortably empty, making him glance in its direction every once in a while. And even when he tried to ignore it, the missing shadow of the boy was irritating his peripheral view.

It worried him, of course, it worried Taeil a lot—mainly after yesterday when he knew the day itself had some impact on the mute boy. Other days he'd think Doyoung was just ill or had an appointment but now it straight up connected to his past that Taeil was trying to find about. The fact irked him since the moment he realised the boy wouldn't show up in school today.

Yet, maybe, it was really just an appointment and he was worrying over nothing. That thought made him relax for the first few hours until the lunch when he crushed into Sicheng and Ten at the toilets.

Quietly opening the door, Taeil slipped inside expecting to be met with silence. Since there's a small hall before the room with washbasins, a long spacious mirror opposite of the toilet cabins, his presence wasn't yet exposed to the students occupying it. And that was a good opportunity as soon as Taeil caught the name 'Doyoung' coming out of someone's mouth.

It was Sicheng. "He didn't come today, at least I haven't seen him."

"Did you search for Taeil? They've been sticking to each other for the past few months." Replied another voice—Ten's.

Taeil furrowed his brows. Were they that obvious?

"I saw him and he seemed down. Maybe Doyoung really didn't show up and it seemed like Taeil knows why."

Damn, they're good, Taeil though. But that also meant that it wasn't about an appointment. Taeil's skin shivered.

"Not only it is the fucking Valentine's day but also—" Ten took a sharp breath, even Taeil was able to catch it.

"Shall we visit today? I'd be nice of us to go see him at least once. You know, bring flowers and shit." The words were slowly leaving Sicheng's mouth and Taeil could once again hear Ten sighing before a sound of flowing water filled the room.

However, that wasn't what caught his attention. Flowers? Then, as if something clicked inside his brain, Taeil gasped quietly. Were they talking about visiting hospital? Or worse—cemetery? He travelled back to the day when Yuta mentioned what Sicheng told him about the car crash. It was logical to think that there was a slight chance of someone getting injured. But getting to see the light for the last time? Taeil was starting to get nervous.

Ten continued "What if we find him there?"

"That's more than possible." Sicheng heaved a sigh just as Ten stopped the water. "Let's go, I still have to get ready for that presentation."

A small rustling could be heard and as the two were leaving the now empty bathroom, Taeil watched them from behind the corner at the other side of the school hall. He thought about following them later, finding out more about the matter and perhaps finding Doyoung.

But he decided to stay.

"Happy Valentine's day!" Yuta shouted out loud, making sleepy Johnny wince from his seat.

The few of their classmates that already finished the lunch as well looked in their direction for a few seconds but after finding out it's another of their dumb ideas, they let it be. Getting through the day without hearing any of that was sure nice, but now it was Korean which they all shared.

Yuta put a heart-shaped box in front of the two, the now-awakened boy staring sceptically at it. Only Taeil smiled excitedly and opened the small pastel pink carton with ribbon decoration of wine colour. The box revealed twelve pieces of various chocolate, from white to dark, from creamy to hard with hazelnut inside, even two rum-filled ones.

"Waah! Yuta, you're the best!" Taeil clapped in joy. Even Johnny seemed to be suddenly interested in the sweets.

"Don't have to remind me that often." The Japanese nudged him and took one chocolate out of its place, throwing it inside his mouth. "Wow, this one good. Try it." "This?" Taeil pointed at a bar of white chocolate and Yuta nodded

"Ok stop teasing and let me have some." Johnny turned the box around to look at the sweets himself, reading a small introduction at the carton covering to pick the right chocolate. After a while, Johnny chose one of light brown colour and white stripes. He nodded in satisfaction, sending Yuta thumbs up.

"You definitely won this year."

"And that's only February! Count it as one of your gifts for your birthday as well." He winked.

It was common between them to bring at least something small during days like this one, birthdays and even seemingly regular days for Korea but important to other countries. With this, they remembered even dumb events like 'the day of school' or 'day of hugs'. Unsurprisingly, it was some kind of competition among them yet they were having fun. If it includes sweets and interesting holidays, it is fun indeed.

Johnny narrowed his eyes at him. "Just wait till the next special-day, I'll beat you."

Yuta shrugged and, with a full mouth, he moved to a different topic. "Yo, also, where's Doyoung? I was supposed to have physics with him but now it looks like he's been missing the whole day." He looked over obviously-unaware Johnny before both of them turned to Taeil. However, the look on the boy's face rather surprised them.

"Did he tell you something?"

"No, it's not that..." Taeil trailed off. He glanced at the watch on the wall, finding they still got some time. And so he began telling everything that has happened since yesterday to that moment, leaving out only small details that weren't important or were too private. "There's just something about today that has been bothering me." He finished.

Johnny and Yuta shared a look.

"So Sicheng and Ten know," Yuta stated, getting helpless expression from Taeil.

"You should've followed them!" Johnny suddenly said.

Taeil shook his head "It's not right. Don't forget it's not our business."

Yuta furrowed his brows. "It is. Doyoung is our friend." Johnny agreed with him. It made Taeil happy since it seemed like the mute has really become a part of their group. However, he yet had to stand behind his decision.

"No, this is wrong." Taeil again shook his head. "As much as I agree, maybe he just wants to move on and simply not live in the past. Whatever happened probably traumatised him a lot." He was now whispering. It didn't matter though as their classmates weren't paying them any attention anyway.

"Yeah, you're right." Sighing, Johnny nodded his head. "I'm sure he tells us one day though."

The bell rang. Another class of sitting alone.

✈✈✈

"Oh yeah, my mum is calling. Gotta go!" Taeil said in a hurry before he disappeared in the crowd of other students.

It was already the end of the classes, most of the students packing up to leave, perhaps go on a date with their partner or cry at home. Or watch porn as Johnny, who was now leaning against his locker, has joked before. The two didn't even get the chance to ask where he's going before the boy blasted away, but they supposed Taeil and his family decided to go somewhere—leaving his friends alone.

"Wanna fuck?" Yuta jiggled his eyebrows at Johnny who rolled his eyes at him while fishing for his phone in his backpack. "I'll pass, this time."

"Waah—me, Nakamoto Yuta, getting rejected?" The boy let out a faked gasp.

"Ask Sicheng maybe." Johnny gave him a shrug though it was a perfectly targeted tease with surely even perfect outcome. Yuta immediately widened his eyes in panic. "What?!"

Johnny finally found his phone, now checking the time and missed messages from his friends and family. There were a lot of them, majority teasing him about the valentine's day.

He finally looked over at Yuta. "I don't know, you tell me. You've been hanging out lately, haven't you?"

The boy was quick to reply. "Well yeah—but only during the dance class and when I accidentally met him in the streets. That's all!" His voice was now loud and kind of higher than usual, making Johnny cracking up. "Okay, my god, calm down. I didn't even imply on anything and yet you're already being dramatic." Johnny laughed. He obviously just exposed Yuta but decided to drop it.

"Anyway, what are we going to do?" Johnny slung the backpack on his right shoulder just as both of them started walking away.

Yuta hesitated. "Ah, you see... I actually asked Sicheng already—"

"What?!" Johnny exclaimed.

"—BUT IT'S NOT A DATE I SWEAR!" That didn't stop a wide smile spreading across Johnny's face. He even let out a squeak and Yuta wanted nothing but to die.

He nudged him. "To me, it seems like you fancy him."

Yuta sighed and after a while, he answered. "I do, but don't forget Doyoung. And I think Sicheng doesn't look for relationships right now. I don't even know if he likes guys—I know only about Ten because he has stated he doesn't have barriers so it's easier to guess, ugh!"

"Wait, really?"

"Huh? You didn't know? Weren't you like buddies for a while?"

"Yeah, but he never talked about that. It even seemed like he was uncomfortable."

"Oh, interesting..." Yuta trailed off.

"Why?"

"No reason." The Japanese shook his head, yet Johnny could read he was thinking about something as his eyebrows were knitted together. "Past is just interesting."

It indeed is. Clearly, it depends on the point of view, what's true and what's a false lie in a person's words and actions. Yuta mused. People don't show their true colours to everyone and Yuta now wasn't sure if he really knows Ten. What was the true him? The wild careless Ten who kissed him without further questioning, or the funny yet shy Ten who talked to Johnny in English during breaks, discussing all kinds of movies and series?

However, what was the facade he wanted to give and what was the truth he felt the need to hide? He clicked his tongue, getting Johnny's attention. Yuta felt pathetic all of a sudden. It could be anything, but recalling the past he started realising that it was as clear as a day.

He kissed a mask.

~~~
Happy Valentine's day(?) 😂 also happy birthday to every nct member that has had bday so far (including Jaehyun!!! ✨)

I hope you're all doing well 🌻💞 next chapter coming soon :>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

784 106 24
Why tell him when you can just lie...
169K 13.2K 70
In which, Doyoung is a sender and Jaehyun is one of the admins. [for twitter users, use #dojaenctconfessions for feedbacks! ill retweet it]
341 3 22
Lucas......... Lucas. Go check out pt.2. it the same title. Just look on my page and you will see. All love
94.9K 2.9K 59
❝His eyes shows zero emotions, while her eyes shows thousands of good spirits and love.❞ a story of youth, valentinejen