The Black Gem

By RSPBLiterature

Deep in an abandoned Diamond facility lies a dormant Gem. However this Gem is waking up and it is no ordinary... More

1. The Black Gem
2. Welcome to Beach City
3. Catch and Release
4. When It Rains
Thank you!
5. Back To The Barn
Wtf guys...
6. Too Far
7. The Answer
8. It Could Of Been Great
9. Message Received
10. Log Date 7 15 2
11. Super Watermelon Island
12. Gem Drill
13. Same Old World
14. Barn Mates
15. Hit The Diamond
16. A Fresh Start
Behind the scenes.
17. Too Short To Ride
18. Monster Reunion
19. Alone At Sea
20. Gem Hunt
21. Seeking The Truth
22. Bismuth
23. Beta
24. Earthlings
25. Back To The Moon
26. Bubbled
27. Kindergarten Kid
28. Last One out of Beach City
29. Gem Harvest
30. Steven's Dream
31. Adventures In Light Distortion
32. Gem Heist/ The Zoo
33. That Will Be All
34. The New Crystal Gems
35. Storm In The Room
36. Room For Ruby
37. Are You My Dad?
38. I Am My Mom
39. Stuck Together / The Trial
40. Off Colours/ Lars's Head
41. Gemcation
43. Back To The Kindergarten
44. Your Mother and Mine
45. Can't Go Back
46. A Single Pale Rose
47. Now We're Only Falling Apart
48. What's Your Problem
49. The Question
50. Made Of Honor
51.Reunited
52. Legs from here to Homeworld
53. Familiar
54. Together Alone
55. Escapism.
56. Change Your Mind
57. The Movie
58. Little Homeschool
59. It Was All Yellow
60. Rose Buds
61. Volleyball
62. Bluebird
63. Snow Day
64. Why So Blue?
65. Prickly Pair
66. In Dreams
67. Growing Pains
68. Fragments.
69. Homeworld Bound
70. Everything is Fine
71. I am my Monster
72. The Future
Being Human
Fanart
Fanart part 2
Question
Discord server!!

42. Raising The Barn

21.2K 755 502
By RSPBLiterature

How I like to imagine everyone when it comes to their Y/n x ? ships xD

Steven is seen looking in despair at a photo of Connie on the shelf in his room. He slumps against the wall and lies onto his bed, sighing in remorse.

"She'll call when she's ready. For now, you just have to let go." Steven says to himself.

Steven lifts himself up and keeps his phone. He then hops off his bed and glances at his ukulele by his bed.

Steven makes his way to the beach, dragging his ukulele across the sand. He approaches the hand statue sticking out in the sand and sits in the shade under it. He then look up into the sky and start strumming his ukulele.

Steven sighs deeply.  ♪ I wish I could tell you that I-

Steven's phone suddenly starts buzzing, interrupting his song, and Steven, startled, screams as he fumbles to take his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay, Universe. This is it! Connie's finally ready to talk. No expectations. Just let her say what she needs to say!"

Steven looks down at his phone, only to realize that it is actually Peridot who is video-calling him. Steven sighs in dismay and answers her call.

"Steven!"  Peridot chuckles. "It's us!"

Lapis and Y/n come into frame now.

"Oh, hi, Peridot. Hi Y/n. Hi, Lapis." Steven says.

"Don't forget Pumpkin!" Peridot says.

Peridot holds up Pumpkin and she barks excitedly.

Steven chuckles. "Hi, Pumpkin!"

Peridot turns to Lapis. "I told you he'd answer."

"It's so good to see you. I'm glad you're okay." Lapis says.

"Lapis was worried you lost your phone on Homeworld, but I said, "No way! He's probably just ignoring us." Peridot says.

Steven blushes. "Sorry, guys. There's been... a lot going on."

"Like what? Tell us!" Peridot says excitedly.

"Well, Connie's really mad at me-" Steven starts.

"No, no, no, no. Tell us about space!" Peridot says.

"And start from the beginning." Lapis adds.

"Uhh, ok. I was trying to protect Beach City, so I surrendered myself to Homeworld, and I was put in a big, empty room, and I ended up on trial in front of the Diamonds!" Steven says.

"On trial?!" Lapis shouts worried.

"What?"Peridot asks.

"In front of the Diamonds?!" Lapis interrupts her.

"Yeah, and..."

"You were in front of Blue Diamond?!" Lapis asks stressed.

"And Yellow! Oh and a Black Pearl. But it's okay. I escaped in a palanquin and went underground and..."

"You ran from Blue and Yellow Diamond!?" Lapis interrupts him.

"Yes."

"Y/n, Peridot, We have to leave Earth, now!" Lapis quickly hangs up the video call.

"Uh-oh..."

Peridot, Lapis, and Pumpkin are seen standing outside the barn, while Pumpkin is barking frantically. Y/n however is nowhere to be seen.

"Wait. We can't leave. What about all our crops?" Peridot says.

Steven comes running in towards Lapis and Peridot from behind. "Guys?"

"Ughh. The vegetables will have to deal." Lapis says sounding stressed. 

"Okay, okay, but, uhh... We're only half-way through our rewatch of "CPH" Season four.  And Y/n still has all of his "Dragon Ball Super" to watch." Peridot chuckles nervously.

"We'll bring the box set with us." Lapis says.

"...But, how are we gonna watch it without the TV?" Peridot asks,

"We'll bring the TV." Lapis counters.

"Uhh, Lapis?" Steven asks.

"Huh?" Lapis says.

"Peridot?" Steven calls her name.

"Oh, Steven. Good. Let's go." Lapis says.

"Wait, what?" Steven asks.

"We'll find some remote spot in the universe to hide out in. The Diamonds will never find us." Lapis says.

"Lapis, don't worry. They're looking for me on Homeworld. They don't know I'm here. We're safe." Steven tries to explain.

"Yeah! Come on, we've gotten away with worse. They've never been able to hunt me down for my many crimes against them." Peridot tires to back Steven up.

"This is different! Steven is important, and our transgressions are piling up!" Lapis puts her hand on Peridot's shoulder. "They're going to take their anger out on this planet, just like they did before. I can't." She grasps Peridot's shoulder tightly. "I won't let myself get caught up in another war."

Pumpkin hides behind Peridot, whimpering anxiously.

"I don't want you to leave, but, I won't ask you guys to stay if you don't feel safe. If you have to go... I understand." Steven says.

"...Right. Peridot, if you want the TV, levitate it over here." Lapis says to Peridot. "Where is Y/n?" Lapis asks looking around.

"Hey, umm-" Peridot runs inside the barn and returns, struggling to carry a "meep morp" in her arms above her head. "What about our meep morps we've made? We can't leave them behind." 

Peridot loses her balance and drops the meep morp only for it to be caught in the hands of Y/n who had been in the barn. He places it down gently on the floor.

"Y/n, good you're here and We can bring them, too." Lapis says.

Peridot gasps. "But they're installations! They need the context of the barn! If- If-if we move them, they'll become... performance pieces."

"There's no need to get so emotional!" Lapis says getting emotional herself.

Peridot steps back in shock.

"You're right. I'm sorry." Peridot says sadly. Y/n crosses his arms starting to get irritated with the events.

"It's okay. Performance art isn't bad, just misunderstood." Steven tries to cheer Peridot up.

"Hmm... Maybe I can do something." Lapis says as she walks out past Steven and Peridot and turns towards the barn. She begins using her water abilities to seemingly drain the water from the pool outside of the barn.

"Ga-hah! Our smaller-than-average lake! Guh!" Peridot says.

A water wall begins to emerge from the ground around the barn, as Lapis uses the water to separate the barn away from the ground and raises it in the air.

"Whoa." Peridot and Steven says while Y/n looks up with an unimpressed look on his face.

"There! Now we can bring our whole life with us: You, Y/n, me, and all of our things!" Lapis says.

"Right... Right!" Peridot tries to pick herself up.

"Well, let's get going." Lapis says.

"Lapis.." Y/n tries to say but Steven soon interrupts him.

"You're leaving right now? I thought that- I-I don't know what to say." Steven says sadly.

Lapis' expression saddens and she walks towards Steven to give him a hug.

"Goodbye, Steven." She says.

Steven sniffles as he starts sobbing.

"Good luck." Lapis says and she  turns to Y/n and Peridot. "Don't you two want to say bye?" She asks.

"Uhh..." Peridot starts tearing up, and Steven whimpers in sadness.

Y/n is about to say something again but this time he is interrupted by Peridot gasping.

 "Wait! Where's Pumpkin?" She cries.

"She's not inside?" Lapis asks.

"She was just standing next to me! We have to find her." Peridot says looking around.

Lapis lowers the barn back onto the ground and refills the pool with water again.)

"I'll check from above. You guys search the ground." Lapis flies off.

"I'll help, too!" Steven says.

Steven and Peridot start running towards the farm field. Y/n is stood in the same spot unmoved. 

"I'm not leaving this planet." He says to himself.

Steven and Peridot begins to call out Pumpkin's name as they look all over for her.

Steven walks slowly to the top of a hill.

"Pumpkin! Where are you, buddy?"  Steven asks.

Peridot runs frantically up the hill and passes Steven.

"Pumpkin!" She cries out.

Peridot turns back to Steven, looking distressed. The pair then begins searching through a wooded area.

"You know, I'm really gonna miss you guys when you're in space." Steven says to Peridot.

"Well, that's a given. I'm a very precious Gem. Without me, you would've crumbled under The Cluster's destructive force. I'm --"

"Peridot, There!" Steven points to an orange unidentified object on the ground and Peridot runs towards it.

"Pumpkin!" She grumbles uncomfortably.

Peridot picks up the object, but quickly realizes is a basketball.

"Is she okay?" Steven asks.

 "Umm..." Peridot says holding the basketball.

Peridot and Steven continue walking and searching for Pumpkin, while Steven dribbles the basketball.

"Pumpkin!"

"Pumpkin!"

As Peridot stops to speak, Steven stops dribbling the basketball.

"You know, I can probably still help you when I'm out in space. I'll just video-chat from my tablet!" Peridot says. 

"Uhh, t-there's no Wi-Fi in space." Steven tells her.

"...Well, maybe it's best if we can't reach you. If the Diamonds do show up and destroy the planet, we'll never know!" Peridot says as she looks to Steven with uncertainty, as he looks back with unknowing concern.

"Lapis was very agitated when she heard you were on Homeworld. I was bending over backwards to make her feel better. Watch this."  Peridot proceeds to literally bend over backwards in a very unnatural way. 

Steven laughs. "That is good."

"Oh, yeah. She loves this." Peridot groans uncomfortably and stands back up. "Even Y/n had to help me calm her down she wouldn't let him go for a few days."

Steven and Peridot walks out of the woods.

"Maybe it's good that we'll be away from everything where nothing can change, no surprises or developments. They both have been through so much. And Lapis need consistency.

Steven stops walking. "But what about you?" He asks.

Peridot looks down, questioning in uncertainty, when she jumps and clings onto Steven, causing him to drop the basketball.

Peridot gasps in shock. "Another Kindergartener!"

Steven notices a produce stand in front of them and reads the sign at the stand.

 "Fresh produce"? Pumpkin is fresh produce!" Peridot and Steven run towards the stand, breathing and gasping heavily in fear.

"It's just... onions?" Steven says.

"Pumpkin would never associate with this inferior sphere." Peridot declares.

Onion suddenly pops out from behind the stand, frightening Steven and Peridot as they scream loudly.

"Uhh... Onion? What are y- Hey, is that my hat?" Steven asks pointing at Onion.

Onion ducks back and hides behind the stand.

Steven and Peridot return back to the barn in disappointment.

"Well, that was a bust." Steven says.

"We'll never find Pumpkin." Peridot sighs sadly.

"Peridot..."

Rustling is suddenly heard from the cornfield, causing Peridot to look towards it, and she notices Pumpkin's tail sticking out from the corn stalks.

"Pumpkin?" She asks.

Pumpkin whimpers as she runs into the cornfield.

"Have you been here the whole time?!" Peridot asks annoyed.

"She was hiding?" Steven asks.

"Come on, Pumpkin. We need to leave." Peridot says and Pumpkin whimpers in response.

"Pumpkin!" Peridot shouts as Pumpkin runs into the cornfield. "Don't you walk away while I'm talking to you!"

Pumpkin whimpers loudly as Peridot drags her out of the cornfield by her tail.

Peridot is grunting loudly. "Sometimes, you have to do things you don't want to do, like get jettisoned into space to live forever on a floating rock with a barn, and just us as for as long as time exists! Lapis and Y/n need us!"

Pumpkin whimpers and struggles to get away from Peridot.

"Peridot, give her a second!" Steven says worried.

"She's doing it to herself! Pumpkin, Do as you're told!" Peridot says.

Peridot loses grip of Pumpkin's tail and falls backwards only to be caught by Y/n who still looks irritated.

"Gah!" Peridot says and Y/n puts her back on her feet.

Once freed, Pumpkin runs up to Y/n and jumps into his arms whimpering.

"Whoa, Peridot. It sounds like you don't really want to go." Steven says.

Peridot turns around toward Y/n and Pumpkin.

"I'm sorry, Pumpkin. I didn't mean to yank you around. It's just... " She retrieves Pumpkin from Y/n's hands. "We don't have a choice in this."

"What do you mean you "don't have a choice"? Peridot, you should really talk to Lapis about this." Steven suggests.

"There is always a choice and I have made mine." Y/n says finally.

Peridot kisses Pumpkin on the forehead. "I can't."

Peridot walks away and Steven follows after her.

"What? Why not?" Steven asks.

Lapis flies back down from the sky and lands in front of Y/n, Peridot and Steven.

"Oh, great! You found her!" Lapis says.

Steven and Peridot both stare blankly at her. While Y/n closes his eyes.

"Now, let's go!"

Lapis, Y/n, Peridot, and Steven walk towards the barn as Lapis once again raises the barn into the air. Peridot turns to Steven and looks at him nervously, only to get a similar response from him in return. Peridot glances at Lapis and anxiously gathers up her thoughts.

"Wait... Lapis? Pumpkin doesn't want to go." Peridot suddenly says.

Lapis turns her head back towards Peridot with a confused look on her face.

"Pumpkin doesn't know better. We do." Lapis says.

Lapis turns her head back around and continues focusing on the barn.

"Actually, I... I don't want to go either." Peridot says finally.

"What?!" Lapis cries out. Paralyzed with shock, Lapis turns back towards Peridot and the barn crashes back onto the ground.

"Aah!" Steven cries as he balances himself.  "Ooh-whoa!" 

Pumpkin yelps in fright and runs to hide behind Y/n. 

"I am also staying." Y/n finally says opening one of his eyes slightly.

Steven looks concernedly back to Y/n, Peridot and Lapis.

"Y/n, Peridot, what are you trying to say?" Lapis asks confused.

"It's just, if something happens on Earth, I want to be here for it!" Peridot says.

Lapis looks conflicted."But- No! Why are you telling me this now?!" She asks.

"Because... we're about to leave!" Peridot says.

"Isn't that the worst time?" Lapis asks.

Peridot raises her index finger into the air with a static, blank expression. "Yes."

Steven looks to them with quiet fear in his eyes while mumbling nervously.

"They are not just looking for Steven." Y/n says getting Lapis's attention now. "They are looking for me as well. At the trial happened to be a Black Pearl who somehow deduced Steven had seen a Black Gem out there. It may not be now but soon the Diamonds will turn their attention to this planet in their search for me regardless. I am not about to abandon the Earth, My Friends, My Family to run and hide." Y/n says. 

"You knew about this!? Then why didn't you tell me sooner?" Lapis asks Y/n.

"Because I knew this is how you would react. I know you have been through a lot Lapis we all have. But is running away really the answer?" Y/n asks her.

"Y/n, that's lying!" Lapis says.

Steven groans in increasing anxiety.

Peridot steps besides Y/n now. "The truth is... I think that we should stay, and if- and if the time comes, if the Diamonds do come to wipe this planet off the star maps, I think we should fight for this life we've built instead of tearing it up out of the ground! I think we can win. I think you can win! Earth is our home now. Isn't it worth fighting for?"  Peridot reaches her hand out to Lapis.

"The decision is yours Lapis." Y/n says looking at her. 

Lapis lowers her head in sorrow and turns her back on Y/n and Peridot, walking away towards the barn.

"I am not getting caught in the middle of another war." She says hurt.

Lapis sprouts her water wings and begins to lift the barn into the air again for a final time.

"Wait! No! You're supposed to reward us for our emotional honesty!" Peridot says.

Lapis flies in the air as she lifts the barn higher, breaking it away from the plumbing. She looks back at Y/n, Peridot, Steven, and Pumpkin's fretting faces, A tear rolls out her eye as she looks at Y/n one last time before taking off into the sky, taking the barn along with her. 

Y/n walks up to Peridot as she stands frozen in place and he picks her up. Peridot begins to tear up and she  turns around in Y/n's grasp hiding herself away in his chest holding onto them tightly and sniffling. 

"Come on. Let's go back to he temple." Y/n says turning around and he starts to walk not even waiting for Steven.

As Y/n walks into the temple with Peridot still clinging to him he's greeted by Pearl. 

"Oh Y/n hello it's lovely to have you visit!" Pearl says happy to see him. She then notices Peridot. "Oh and Peridot as well this is a surprise. Is Lapis not with you both?" Pearl asks and Peridot grips onto Y/n tighter and Y/n brings a hand to her head to soothe her. He walks past Pearl not saying a word and heading into the bathroom.

Pearl looks a little upset. "Did I do something wrong to upset Y/n?" Pearl asks worried.

"No. Um Lapis left with the barn earlier." Steven explains.

"Oh. I see." Pearl says suddenly feeling sympathetic.

Steven sets up a mattress in his bathtub for Y/n, Peridot and Pumpkin, while Peridot sits in a daze in Y/n's lap.

"Okay. You're all set up, and you guys can stay here as long as you need." Steven says.

Peridot gets off of Y/n's lap and walks towards the mattress. " Wow... " She groans and climbs onto the mattress pulling Y/n with her. "Thanks..." Steven and Pumpkin sit down next to the tub as Peridot lies face down on the Y/n's chest. Steven pulls out his phone and checks it. He sighs in remorse as he finds there is still no response from Connie.

"What do we do now?..." Peridot asks.

Y/n puts his hand on her back and sighs looking up at the ceiling. He had been mad with Lapis earlier for expecting him and Peridot to leave with her. Now he just missed her. He understood her fear of the Diamonds. In a way he was feeling it himself. Y/n knew that it would only be a matter of time till he was found and brought to Homeworld but he would at least create memories with the ones he loves before that happens.

Steven, Y/n, Peridot, and Pumpkin gaze off in silence, as they sit together in the bathroom.

And that's the chapter! So Lapis still left with the barn :( I thought about keeping her around but it's good way to make Y/n look at the people around him. Next week will be a Peridot chapter which I always like :3 If you like this story then please don't forget to leave a vote and a comment. See you all in the next chapter!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.3K 1.4K 16
For the past 5 years, Stella Universe, the daughter of Rose Quartz and Greg Universe, has been living her life with some ups and downs. Knowing that...
47.2K 374 10
Steven's hometown has become fun and peaceful ever since the events at Homeworld with White Diamond. But time has passed surprisingly quick, going by...
868K 40.9K 99
When a Young Adult has to suddenly move across the country with his dad he ends up in the town of Beach City. Will his life be a mundane existence or...
41.1K 1.1K 63
You are currently A High School Graduate, And One Day as you moved out of your home, You settle down in a Quiet town called Beach City, You soon meet...