The Black Gem

By RSPBLiterature

Deep in an abandoned Diamond facility lies a dormant Gem. However this Gem is waking up and it is no ordinary... More

1. The Black Gem
2. Welcome to Beach City
3. Catch and Release
4. When It Rains
Thank you!
5. Back To The Barn
Wtf guys...
6. Too Far
7. The Answer
8. It Could Of Been Great
9. Message Received
10. Log Date 7 15 2
11. Super Watermelon Island
12. Gem Drill
13. Same Old World
14. Barn Mates
15. Hit The Diamond
16. A Fresh Start
Behind the scenes.
17. Too Short To Ride
18. Monster Reunion
19. Alone At Sea
20. Gem Hunt
21. Seeking The Truth
22. Bismuth
23. Beta
24. Earthlings
25. Back To The Moon
26. Bubbled
27. Kindergarten Kid
28. Last One out of Beach City
30. Steven's Dream
31. Adventures In Light Distortion
32. Gem Heist/ The Zoo
33. That Will Be All
34. The New Crystal Gems
35. Storm In The Room
36. Room For Ruby
37. Are You My Dad?
38. I Am My Mom
39. Stuck Together / The Trial
40. Off Colours/ Lars's Head
41. Gemcation
42. Raising The Barn
43. Back To The Kindergarten
44. Your Mother and Mine
45. Can't Go Back
46. A Single Pale Rose
47. Now We're Only Falling Apart
48. What's Your Problem
49. The Question
50. Made Of Honor
51.Reunited
52. Legs from here to Homeworld
53. Familiar
54. Together Alone
55. Escapism.
56. Change Your Mind
57. The Movie
58. Little Homeschool
59. It Was All Yellow
60. Rose Buds
61. Volleyball
62. Bluebird
63. Snow Day
64. Why So Blue?
65. Prickly Pair
66. In Dreams
67. Growing Pains
68. Fragments.
69. Homeworld Bound
70. Everything is Fine
71. I am my Monster
72. The Future
Being Human
Fanart
Fanart part 2
Question
Discord server!!

29. Gem Harvest

31.7K 868 1.8K
By RSPBLiterature

Steven knocked on the front door of the barn.

"Y/n! Peridot! Lapis! I'm here! Did you guys forget your favorite Steven was coming over to spend the night?" Steven calls out.

There is no answer from inside. Steven looks around and spots an alien mask ornament, with antlers on top and a rope hanging out of it, at the side of the barn.

"Aha! A door knocky thing! Eh!" Steven pulls on the rope, and the whole ornament falls apart. He then turns around and sees a corn field in front of the barn.

"Hey, that looks new." Steven begins to walk through the corn field while holding the alien mask and antlers horn.

"Y/n! Peridot, Lapis! I-I'm sorry I broke your door thingy! I wanted to fix it, but I don't know how it goes together! Makes a pretty neat mask though.!" Steven sees more rows of crops ahead. "Wow! Did I just die and go to the back of a cereal box?"

Steven steps forward, when sprinkler systems start up at his side. He screams in surprise, which catches Lapis' attention, who is activating the sprinkler systems with her water abilities.

"Hi, Steven!" She stops the sprinkler systems and flies over.

"Steven!" Peridot suddenly appears riding by on a tractor in the background. "I'm on a tractor!"

"Did I spray you by accident?" Lapis asks. 

"Just a little." Steven says and he shakes his head around to shrug off the water. "So where's Y/n?" Steven ask

Y/n is revealed to be planting pumpkin seeds by hand. 

"Oh he's around. So glad you could make it." Lapis says. 

"Steven! How do you like our little- "The tractor stops, causing Peridot to jolt a bit. "Ough! Experiment?"

"It's amazing. What made you want to start farming stuff all of a sudden? Steven asks.

Y/n finishes planting and makes his way over to the trio. 

"I have all the skills required for growing Gems. I figured, why not try growing something else?" Peridot says as she jumps off of the tractor. "Who knows? Maybe they're ready right now!"

Peridot pulls an ear of corn off a corn stalk.

"Hello, corn." Peridot says and she waits for a response. "Maybe she can't hear me in there?" Peridot examines the corn. "I MADE YOU IN MY IMAGE, YOU WILL DO AS I SAY!"

"Maybe she's deaf?" Y/n asks looking at the corn.

Steven begins chuckling. "Wait, you didn't think the corn was gonna walk right out of the ground when you told it to, did you? That's not how vegetables work."

Peridot and Lapis look at Steven in disappointment while Y/n seems to understand this now. 

"It's not? Well, then, what's the point of corn?" Peridot throws the corn on the ground in frustration. "I have to admit, I've really been starting to miss the pitter-patter of full-sized Gem soldiers..."

Y/n picks up the corn. "We still worked hard to grow these." 

"We did but It does get pretty quiet around here..." Lapis admits.

"Come on, Lapis. Let's go disassemble the tractor."

Lapis and Peridot leave sorrowfully to disassemble the tractor.

"Sorry Steven. They'll be like this for a few more days." Y/n says as he tries to reattach the corn to the stalk but fails. 

 "It's not your fault Y/n." Steven says then sighs. "All they wanted to do was make a living vegetable... Wait! I know how to do that! Garnet says not to lick stuff I find on the ground, but this is for a good cause."  Steven then looks at Y/n "You won't tell Lapis and Peridot will you?" Steven asks him. 

"If it makes those two happy I'll just turn a blind eye." Y/n turns around and puts his hands behind his back. "I can't see anything your doing.

Steven laughs then  picks up a pumpkin seed on the ground, licks it, and sticks it into the soil.

"Okay I'm done!" Steven cries out and Y/n turns back around. "We can check on it tomorrow and see how it's doing." Steven and Y/n nods his head.

"In the meantime let's go raise those two's spirits."  Y/n says and he picks Steven up carrying him as he flies over to Lapis and Peridot. 

Y/n lands in front of dejected Peridot and Lapis. 

"Come on you two." Y/n says.

"What's the point." Lapis says dejected.

"We wasted all the time for nothing." Peridot adds.

"What are you two talking about?" Y/n asks and he picks up Peridot and flies upwards now.

"Eep!" Peridot cries as Y/n flies up. 

"Lapis you come up here too." Y/n calls out. 

Lapis picks up Steven and slowly levitates upwards to Y/n and Peridot who is holding on Y/n's arms for dear life.

"Look at we accomplished." Y/n says looking at their small vegetable farm.

"But Y/n it didn't turn out like it was supposed to." Lapis says.

"I think it turned out great." Steven says now. 

"Steven's right. We did this! Three gems from Homeworld  with limited knowledge of the Earth. We worked hard and together we created life." 

Peridot and Lapis look at one another for a moment then smile.

"Yeah. We did! Woah..." Peridot cries out then wobbles in Y/n's grasp.         

Y/n slowly descends to the ground and puts Peridot down now. 

Lapis does the same with Steven "Sorry we got so down Steven." Lapis says holding her arm 

"That's okay we can have fun now right?" Steven asks. 

"Sure, Steven." Lapis smiles. 

Steven and the gems spend the day playing many games with one another and having a good time. As the day passes the sun begins to set. 

Peridot and Y/n make a small fire outside the barn to help keep Steven warm with the chilly air at night. 

The Gems were all sat around the fire now while Steven was sat between Y/'s open legs roasting Marshmallows on a stick hoping to make Smores. Lapis and Peridot rested on each side of Y/n enjoying both the warmth of the fire and the heat of Y/n's body. 

"So Y/n." Steven suddenly says gaining the Black Gem's attention. "Have you been working on any new songs?" Steven asks hopefully.

Y/n chuckles knowing Steven's fondness for music very well by this point. "Well...I have half of one." Y/n says and Steven's eyes light up now.

"Can I hear it?" Steven asks excited. 

"Hmm...Only if you can get my guitar from the barn. Lapis and Peridot seem to comfortable to move." Y/n replies and both Lapis and Peridot look to the side blushing.     

Steven quickly hands Y/n his marshmallow on a stick gets up and begins giggling as he runs into the barn. 

Y/n lets out a content sigh and closes his eyes fro a moment. 

It's not long until Steven can be heard panting as he runs back now holding Y/n's guitar. 

Y/n open his eyes again. "Oh, Thank you Steven." Y/n says with a smile and takes the guitar.

"Let's move to the Hay bales while I play." Y/n says and everyone does so.

Y/n begins to pluck a few strings lightly in a calm melody.  When he feels ready Y/n begins to sing.

♫ Oh joy's arise, The sun has come again to hold you, Sailing out the doldrums of the whole week., The polyphonic prairies here, it's all around you, It's all around you, out here, And if the whole world is crashing down. ♫

Y/n continues to pluck the strings lightly. 

♫ Fall through space out of mind completely, Where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising, Blows all the shadows far away, The falling of the whole empire, is here to hold you, Rolling out and haunted 'til it sleeps.♫

Y/n is about to bring his song to calm close but he suddenly surprised when Lapis begins to sing and he keeps strumming.

♫ Little memories, marching on, Your little feet, working the machine, Will it spin, will it soar, My little dream, working the machine, Soon like a wave that pass will fall, And closing in on you they're going on.♫

Lapis takes a small break and smiles at Y/n who smiles back. 

♫ Little memories, marching on, Your little feet, working the machine, Will it spin, will it soar, My little dream, working the machine, Soon like a wave that pass will fall, And closing in on you they're going on...♫

Lapis finishes singing and Y/n brings the song to an end. 

Nobody say a word for a few moments but Steven holds his cheeks with his mouth open in awe and his eyes wide.

"You guys that was amazing!" Steven finally bursts out. 

"Thank you Steven. I guess my song has an ending now." Y/n says referring to Lapis's singing and she smiles. 

It's the next day and Peridot is dragging Steven and Y/n excitedly through the corn field."

"Hurry, Y/n! Steven!" Peridot says excitedly.

"Peridot, slow down!" Steven says. 

"But you need to see, We did it!" Peridot can hardly contain her excitement. 

Steven and Y/n see Lapis observing a small living pumpkin, jumping and barking around like a dog.

"Guess you don't know how vegetables work after all." Peridot teases.

"Heheh. Yeah, you guys sure showed me." Steven says and Y/n looks down at the Pumpkin with a straight face.

"I would die for you..." Y/n says to himself.

"Come now, my little creation! You can assist in harvesting the rest of your kind." Peridot says.

Peridot detaches the pumpkin dog from its stem and holds it in her hand. The pumpkin dog jumps out of her hand and runs towards Steven.

" Uhh... Must be the pumpkin treats in my back pocket. Heheh..." Steven tries to suggest.

Peridot walks towards Steven. "That doesn't make sense. We made it! It should listen to us!" Peridot says.

Lapis walks up besides Peridot. "It's only just come into existence, and it already doesn't like us." Lapis says sadly.

"Oh, come on. Go to Peridot and Lapis!" Steven pushes the pumpkin dog closer to Peridot and Lapis, but it then jumps into Steven's arms.

"Steven I think we'd better come clean." Y/n says. 

 "I'm sorry, I think he's coming to me because... I'm the one who made him." Steven says.

"Oh. That explains it." Peridot says sounding disappointed.

"Well, we made this one." Lapis picks up a normal pumpkin.

"It's... okay. But look at Steven's. It has a face and everything..." Peridot says.

"It's true. Ours... doesn't have a face..." Lapis says sadly.

Y/n continues to look at the Pumpkin dog which looks back at him now and wags it's pumpkin stem tail happily at him. 

"Oh no! Don't be sad! Wait right here. I have an idea." Steven says.

Steven runs toward the pumpkin field and the pumpkin dog follows.

"My dad showed me how to do this once." Steven picks up a trowel. "First we make a mouth. Nyeh!"

Steven slits a smile onto the pumpkin with the trowel, as the pumpkin dog watches confusedly.

"Then we make two... eyes." Steven continues.

Steven jabs two holes into the pumpkin for the eyes, and the pumpkin dog whimpers in fear.

"Hey it's okay." Y/n says quietly noticing the Pumpkin dog's mood. 

"Hmm... Looking pretty good. Oh, you know what? I almost forgot a really important step." Steven starts to carve an opening on the pumpkin. "You have to hollow it out!"

Steven dumps the pumpkin guts out of the pumpkin onto the ground. The pumpkin dog freaks out and jumps into Y/n's arms where it feels safe. Peridot and Lapis both crowd around Y/n now. 

"Yay! It loves us now." Peridot says and the pumpkin dog barks furiously at Steven. "Awww, it's okay, Veggie Head. That brute can't get you now." Peridot says.

Y/n chuckles and let's Lapis take ahold of the Pumpkin dog and she feels happy to hold it.  

"Oh. Heheheh. It's nice to have a new addition to the family." Steven says.

Suddenly, a plane flies overhead, and Y/n, Steven, Peridot, and Lapis look up in surprise.

"Huh?" Steven says. 

"Let's go investigate." Y/n says adopting a serious tone.

The gems make there way back to the barn they can see now  that he plane is parked near the barn and the pilot is standing in front of the barn, yelling in disbelief.

"Ah-what?! What the...?! Hobos broke into the barn!"

"Hey! Don't you touch our things!" Peridot shouts.

"You're hobettes? A hobo is a man's job. Like that guy!" The pilot points to Y/n who frowns. 

"Who's the human and what's he yelling about?" Lapis asks.

"The real question is..where are my attack drones?" Peridot begins repeatedly presses a button on a remote.

"Wait a minute. Those mysterious constructions, your weird appearance, your strange jewels. I know what you are." The pilot says and the gems look at him.

"You're hippies! I heard about you on AM radio. What are you doin', comin' in here, socializin' this fine, American barn?" The pilot shouts.

Steven looks confused, Peridot continues to press her remote, and Lapis sighs, before picking up the pilot with a water hand.

"Whaaah!" The pilot calls out in surprise.

The pilot is lifted into the air and surrounded by Peridot's attack drones.

"Oh, there they are." Peridot says.

"Wait! Don't hurt him!" Steven says.

"But he's attacking us, and our home." Lapis replies.

"No, Steven is right. We should try to find out who this person is before making any rash decisions. Steven you are the only human here so I leave this to you." Y/n says. 

Steven nods and begins to approach the pilot. "Uh, hello! How's it goin'?" He asks.

"Uh, how do you think?!" The pilot shouts back.

"Uh, yeah... We just wanted to know what you want." Steven says.

"What I want? I want you hippies out of my barn!" The man shouts.

Steven looks at Y/n, Peridot and Lapis. "Your barn?" Steven asks confused.

Some time later, Greg arrives in his van with the other Crystal Gems. Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst approach Steven, Y/n, Peridot and Lapis.

"There they are." Steven say relieved. 

"Greg got your message and we came, too." Pearl says.

"Is that the human giving you trouble?" Amethyst asks as she points at the man

I told you you three could use a guard dog." The pumpkin dog runs up barking beside Y/n and Lapis. "I guess that works." Garnet says.

"What're you doin' to that guy up there?" Greg asks Lapis.

Lapis looks at Y/n who nods slightly to her. "Just... putting him down." She says and drops the pilot on the ground.

"Uhhh! Not cool." The pilot says and he now notices Greg. "Greg?" He asks.

"Andy?" Greg replies.

"They know each other?" Y/n asks.

"This is perfect! Come on, help me chase off these freeloaders. They're usin' some kinda... hippie mind tricks." The man called Andy says to Greg.

"Umm..." Greg hums.

"Who told you you could move in here and mess this whole place up?" Andy asks the gems.

"I did, Andy." Gregg confesses.

"You did? This is my parents' barn!" Andy shouts.

"Um, Dad, who is this?" Steven asks. 

"Dad? You mean...? No way." Andy says.

"Steven, this is Andy. He's my cousin. Andy, meet Steven. He's my... son." Greg introduces the two.

"What about that one he your boy too?" Andy point to Y/n.

"No Andy. Just Steven." Greg says  

"Wow! It's really nice to meet you! Does that mean you're my... first cousin, once removed?" Steven asks Andy.

"Forget that nonsense!" He pulls Steven into a hug, which agitates the all the other Gems but Y/n. "You call me Uncle Andy. I'm an uncle. I can't believe it." He says and holds Steven under his armpit. "Greg, ya little turd, how come you never told me?"

"How was I supposed to? I haven't seen you in years!" Greg retorts.

"And whose fault is that? You thought you were so much better than us, you just got in your van and drove away." Andy grunts.

"That was like two decades ago!" Greg says throwing his hands up.

"Uncle Andy, can I get down now?" Steven asks. 

"Oh, sorry, Steven." Andy puts down Steven. "I ain't used to holdin' nephews." He turns to Greg. "Cause I didn't know I had one! So, uh, which one of these girls is the wife? I gotta give her my condolences, right?" Andy elbows Greg and laughs. "Hey, come on. What, I gotta guess, here?" He points to Garnet. "It's gotta be you. I bet this useless lump needs a big girl to keep him in line. You're not big, I'm just saying. You're tall, not, you know." Andy tries to guess.

"Rose is... no longer with us." Greg says sadly.

Andy looks in shock. "Uh, wow. I-I'm sorry. I didn't know."

"These people are sort of like her family, so I offered to let these three stay in the barn." Greg says as he motions to Y/n, Peridot and Lapis.

"Yeah? Ah, well, that was real nice of ya. But the barn's for the DeMayo family." Andy says.

"Wh-What's a Demayo?"Steven asks.

Andy looks surprised. "Andy Demayo. Greg DeMayo. Steven DeMayo. We're the DeMayos."

"Actually, we're, umm... the Universes, now." Greg says.

Andy gets angry. "You space walnut! You didn't even keep the family name? But you're goin' around givin' family property out like candy on... some... kind of... candy-givin'-out holiday?!"

"You're telling me Universe isn't a real last name?!" Steven asks,

"It is a real name. I had it changed. Andy, look, they just really needed a place." Greg says and turns to the Gems. "They're alien refugees from space and-"

"They're illegal aliens!? Wha...? You couldn't even marry an American?!" Andy shouts.

"What does that matter?!" Greg shouts back.

Y/n rubs his eyes growing extremely frustrated. 

"DeMayo's a much cooler name than plain old Universe." Steven grumbles.

"You turned your back on your family just so you could get in with a bunch of weirdo, hippie, Martian immigrants!?" Andy points at Y/n, Peridot and Lapis now. "You two, get the heck off my planet, out of my country, and out of my barn!"

"Peridot." Y/n says in an irritated voice.

"Affirmative. Reactivating attack drones."Peridot says.

"Ah! Wait!" Steven runs to Peridot and Y/n. "Uncle Andy?"

"Yeah?" Andy replies. 

"I'm sorry we took over the barn. I didn't even know we had any other family to share it with." Steven says.

"You didn't, huh?" Andy says as he glares at Greg.

"But this barn? It means a lot to all of us. We spend so much time together here." Steven says.

"Well, my family spent a lot of time here, too. Once a year, we'd all meet up here, catch up, eat a big meal, have a good time. Years and years of family tradition." Andy counters.

"Oh, yeah? Well, we can do that, too. We've got a farm here with plenty of food. Let's make a big, traditional meal and eat it together. You'll have a good time, and then you'll have to admit they're family. And would you kick family out of the family barn?" Steven suggests.

" Ahh... Greg, you're lucky you got such a cute kid. I know he didn't get it from you." Andy says.

"So, you're letting them-" Greg starts.

"I'll give your coven a chance and eat your dinner, but only 'cause I lost my sandwich in the Atlantic. Now, excuse me, I gotta go get my junk out of the plane." Andy says before he walks off.

"You think this'll work?" Steven asks his dad.

"Maybe. Andy's never been the type to change his mind about something, and he's really got his longjohns in a twist. It's gonna take a lot to calm him down." Greg sighs and he walks off too.

The Gems all walk up to Steven's side now.

"I don't like this guy. I don't like some-" Amethyst scoffs. "New Greg just showing up out of nowhere."

Pearl has her arms folded. "Our Greg is clearly the superior one."

"We're not leaving our home." Lapis says adamantly.

"If that clod thinks he can PUSH US AROUND-" Peridot begins to shout.

"I'm about five minutes away from shattering him..." Y/n says and Steven shudders.

"Andy is a part of Steven's family. We should make an effort to get on his good side." Garnet says.

"If he's my family, he's yours too." Steven says

"Gems don't have family. At least, not before we came here." Garnet says and smiles at Steven, and he smiles back. "So for the sake of our family, tell us what to do."

Y/n, Pearl, Amethyst, Lapis and Peridot join Garnet in a huddle and look at Steven.

"Let's get cooking!" Steven shouts.

The Gems begin to harvest the vegetables from the farm. Garnet summons her gauntlets and punches the ground, making carrots pop up into the air, Y/n and Lapis fly down to catch them in a bag.

"Okay, give us the next row." Lapis calls out.

"All right." Garnet says back.

Garnet pounds the ground again, while a shocked Andy watches on with Greg and Steven by his side.

"Whoa. Your aunt is uh, pretty strong." Andy says.

"She works out." Steven says.

"Yeah I'll bet." Andy replies.

Amethyst is playing around with the pumpkin dog and she shapeshifts into one too.

"Arf! Arf!" Amethyst pretends to bark.

The pumpkin dog begins to chase Amethyst around, to Andy's distaste, as Steven laughs. Garnet then begins harvesting and throwing corn in the air behind her, landing into the bag Lapis is carrying. Y/n is now picking some more vegetables out of the ground. The pumpkin dog is heard barking and ends up in the bag too, presumably thrown by Garnet. Garnet turns and throws a corn a little off distance.

"Sorry, flyball!" Garnet shouts.

"Lapis heads up." Y/n call out. 

Lapis flies after the corn, swings the bag around and catches it.

"Yeah!" Steven says.

Lapis sets the bag down on the ground, revealing the abundance of vegetables harvested.

"This looks amazing!" Steven cheers.

The pumpkin dog emerges from the vegetable pile and barks in delight.

"For a vegetable garden, I'd say we're pretty fruitful." Garnet jokes.

"Is it just going to be a bunch of vegetables?" Andy asks and sighs. "I should have figured, you're a bunch of vegetarians!"

"I've been know to try your various meats such as "Beef" and "Chicken" I'll have you know." Y/n says.

"At least one of you eats meat." Andy groans.

"A vegetable grown by a family's love nourishes the body and soul." Steven says.

"Aw, don't let them get to you Steven. I'll get you a stick of pepperoni for your birthday." Andy says to Steven.

Pearl and Peridot are in the background operating a machinery with a propeller. Perdiot is operating a control panel, and Pearl is inspecting the engine of the machinery.

"Hmm. Let's turn it down to about 2000 degrees, for now." Pearl says.

"Sounds puny." Peridot says as she turns the heat down.

Steven walks over "I like the propellor on it. It's like Andy themed. I bet he's gonna love this!" Steven says before calls over to Greg and Andy. "We're ready for the veggies now!" He calls out.

"Be over in a sec, schtu-ball!" Greg calls back.

Greg and Andy carry boxes of vegetables down and set them down near the machinery.

"Hmm, seems like too much if you ask me-" Andy stops as he sees the propeller and engine. "Oh, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" He ask and his face turns red and seethes in anger.

"Uh, Uncle Andy?" Steven asks worried.

Y/n, Garnet, Lapis, and Amethyst run over hearing the commotion.

"Dude, what's wrong?" Amethyst asks.

"I'll tell you what's wrong, "dude"! Everything! Do you not see this abomination sitting right in front of you!" Andy asks.

"What are you talking about?" Y/n asks.

"It's the engine, boy, the ENGINE! They butchered my parents' plane and made- made... WHATEVER THIS THING IS!" Andy shouts.

"It's an oven cooktop combo." Pearl informs him.

"It's TERRIBLE! That was the heart of the legendary wings of the "Daring DeMayos". I learned to FLY on this plane!" Andy says annoyed.

"No one was even using that junk." Lapis comments.

"Now it's actually good for something." Peridot adds.

"Exactly now it won't decay and rust with time." Y/n says.

"See that's the problem with people like you, you think everything just belongs to you, cause nothing belongs to anybody, and you take it, and everything's cool! And it ain't cool!" Andy rants.

"Andy?" Greg asks.

Andy covers his face in frustration. "I'm gonna need a moment. I-I can't look at this right now." He storms off.

"Andy, hold up!" Greg chases after Andy. "They didn't know!"

"Right, I get it. In-laws." Andy can be heard saying.

"This is going down in flames." Steven says.

"I'm sure Greg will turn this around." Y/n tries to cheer Steven up.

"What do you mean you weren't "technically married!?"" Andy can be heard shouting.

"We gotta up our game. It's going to take the ultimate party to turn this around. Like, all the best parties of all time put together!" Steven says determined.

"I think that's doable." Pearl muses.

"Whatever it is count me out for this Andy is giving me Gemache." Y/n groans and rubs his temples.

Pearl similes in understanding. "Leave it to us." She says.

Pearl, Garnet, Peridot, and Lapis all get into Greg's van and drive of, waving goodbye to Y/n, Steven, Greg, Amethyst, and Andy.

"See you in a bit!" Pearl calls out.

"Have fun." Y/n calls back. "Can't be worse than here." Y/n mumbles.

Carrots and potatoes are on a table, as Steven and Andy prepare the vegetables.

Steven picks up a knife. "Ready?" He asks Andy.

Suddenly, the pumpkin dog, in Y/n's lap, starts barking in distress, catching everyone's attention.

"What's going on with the pumpkin?" The pumpkin dog jumps off of Y/n's lap and runs off. "Whoa! Chill out, dude!" Amethyst asks.

Amethyst and Y/n chase after the pumpkin dog, as it whimpers in fear.

"You sure I can't help you with anything?" Greg asks.

"It's okay. Uncle Andy and I got it." Steven says and he notices Andy skillfully peeling a potato. "Whoa! It's one peel!"

Andy chuckles. "Aunt Deb and I usually got put on kitchen duty when the family got together. I peeled a lot of potatoes back in my day."

"Aw man, what's Aunt Deb been up to lately?" Greg asks.

"Suddenly you care about Aunt Deb? Ohh, "Mr. Curiousity". Let's see if I can cram 20 years into a sentence." Andy replies.

Steven summons his shield, to Andy's surprise, and puts the cut-up veggies into it.

"Uh, I'm gonna get these onto the stove." Steven says.

"Sure." Andy says still in suprise.

Steven places his shield on the cooktop, functioning as a pot, as the veggies begin to cook.

"Hehe. Hey. it works! You know I guess it's good these plane parts are getting some use. Maybe recycling ain't so bad." Andy says.

"Looks like you got a new plane, anyway." Greg says.

"And she's a good one, too. Been all over the world in that thing." Andy says.

"You've been all over the world?" Steven asks Andy.

"You better believe it. It's really something else, you know? Just you and the hum of your engine up in that thin air, no other people, no living things around to uh, keep you company." Andy pauses not realising Y/n is listening too. "But you know, it's not like there's much for me on the ground these days either, so uh..."

"Uh, Uncle Andy?" Steven asks.

A car horn is heard.

"Your aunts are back." Andy changes the topic.

The Gems return on Greg's van, with groceries.

"So Andy, we heard you like marriage, so we thought, why don't we all marry each other?!" Pearl says.

"Ta-daa!" Peridot unveils a wedding cake with multiple figurines on it. Andy reacts with a look of discomfort.

"So I'll be marrying Y/n..." Pearl says.

"I thought I made it clear I was marrying Y/n..." Lapis says.

"Oh please as if Y/n would be marrying either of you two. He'll choose me of course." Peridot says confidently though she was unsure what marrying even meant.

Steven looks excited at Y/n. "Your marrying one of the gems?" He asks.

"Steven. I don't even know what any of this means..." Y/n says looking confused at the 3 gems.

"Clearly we'll have to talk about this later." Pearl says to Lapis and Peridot.  She turns back to Andy. "Now if that's not human enough for you, we can throw a little "being born". Garnet holds a balloon reading "It's a boy!" and some "dying"!" Lapis carries a headstone, with the title "RIP Andy" over it.

"We're very sorry for your death." Lapis says cheerfully as she hands Andy the headstone.

"We tried to cover as many celebrations in the human lifespan as we could." Pearl says.

"Nice." Amethsyt  says.

Steven gets increasingly uneasy. "Oh boy..." He says worried.

Andy starts laughing. "Okay, okay. I give up! It's too much!" Andy keeps laughing and takes off his flight cap. "All right. Where am I sitting?" He asks.

It is the evening, everyone sits around a big table outside of the barn. Pearl, Lapis and Peridot had all wanted a spot next to Y/n.

 After a few minutes of arguing Y/n got fed up and suggested a compromise.  Lapis would sit on his right, Pearl on his left and Peridot would get to sit on his lap leaving nobody out. The 3 gems looked at each other and nodded in agreement with this plan.    

"What do you say we get right to it, huh? And hey! If we're throwing all tradition out the window anyway, why don't we start with this gorgeous cake!" Andy suggests as he cuts a slice of the wedding cake. "Dessert before dinner!" He laughs and stops himself from digging in. "Where are my manners?" He passes the plate to Steven. "Steven, pass it to your friend." Andy says.

Steven hands the plate to Lapis.

Lapis takes the plate. "Oh. Where are my manners?" She passes the plate to Y/n

Y/n is confused and takes the plate. Thinking it is some Earth tradition he says. "Oh. Where are my manners?" and passes the plate down to Peridot.

 Peridot takes the plate. "Oh. Where are my manners?" She passes the plate to Pearl next.

Pearl takes the plate. "Oh, thank you Peridot. But where are my manners?" She  passes the plate to Amethyst.

Amethyst takes the plate and looks at the cake for a moment. "Oh. Where are my manners?" She says and passes the plate to Garnet.

Garnet takes the plate. "Andy." She holds out the plate to Andy.

Andy takes the plate. "What, you guys don't like cake?" He asks.

"Gems don't really eat. Well, except for Amethyst and I guess Y/n sometimes.." Steven explains.

"I'm good. I had about three bottles of cooking oil earlier." Amethyst pounds her chest and burps out purple fire

"I actually would like some cake to try. I just assumed we were supposed to pass it around." Y/n says.

"That's uh... all right." Andy says and he hands Y/n a freshly cut slice. Y/n slowly begins to eat. 

"That's what we forgot, more cooking oil!" Pearl says.

"And the shopping cart! We should've taken it." Peridot adds.

"We could've put it in the wall next to the truck." Lapis suggests.

"I don't think we're going to have much of a wall left at this rate." Y/n jokes as he finishes his slice.

"That would have been stealing." Pearl reminds Lapis and Peridot.

"Cause it's made out of steel?" Steven says jokingly.

"Didn't we save the earth?" Peridot asks as she folds her arms. "We should have access to everything on it by right!"

"Or at least get a discount." Lapis says.

"You guys think you're saving the Earth-" Andy starts.

 "Saving the Earth from Homeworld is its own reward." Y/n says as he interrupts Andy

"Well said Y/n!" Pearl says happily agreeing.

"You know what else would be a reward? A reward!" Peridot says and she high-fives Lapis from Y/n's lap.

"All right, we don't wanna start another Gem war at the table." Greg chuckles.

"Oooh, don't start it!" Garnet teases.

Amethyst giggles in the background and Andy gets increasingly uncomfortable.

"What if I just come to this table and started colonizing it 'cause "I'm a Homeworld Gem?!" Peridot joins in.

Steven, Y/n and Lapis laugh.

Amethyst gasps. "But you can't! This table has corn on it and it's beautiful and "we'll defend it!" Amethyst says dramatically. 

Everyone laughs along, except Andy.

"You're right. Now that I've spent time at the table, I can see the value of your corn!" Peridot declares.

Everyone laughs again.

"Why don't you put that corn in a mirror for thousands of years and then see how it feels about the table?!"

Peridot, Y/n and Lapis laugh aloud together, while the others stare awkwardly.

"IT WOULD REALLY HATE THE TABLE!" Lapis says in between laughs.

"It could always be worse! We could always force the corn to kills it's own kind!" Y/n says and  begins to laugh on his own but quickly realises he is the only one laughing. He lets out a sigh realising what he said and he looks at the ring on his finger. "Sorry." He says.    

"You know what? Thank you Steven. Putting this meal together was a great idea." Greg says to lighten the mood back up after Y/n's bad joke. 

"Oh no, I should be thanking Garnet. She gathered up all the vegetables." Steven says.

"It was Lapis, Y/n and Peridot grew them. Thank you." Garnet says.

"Oh, but it was Pearl who drove us to the "store"." Peridot says.

"Well, I have to thank Steven for cooking the vegetables. And Amethyst, for putting out that grease fire." Pearl says.

"And starting it. Oh, and thanks to Greg for lending his van." Amethyst thanks Greg.

Greg laughs. "I guess you can say we can thank everyone."

"Yes! Was everyone thanked?" Pearl raises her hand. "Raise your hand if you were thanked!"

Everyone raises their hand, except Andy.

"Hey, umm. What about Andy?"

"Hmm... Thank you, Andy for... showing up. Because of you, everyone came out here to the barn, and now we're all here together for the first time in a while." Y/n says. 

Peridot interrupts holding her up her plate. "Cheers!" She cheers

Everyone except Andy holds up their plates too. "Cheers!"

Everyone laughs together while Andy looks down at the single groom figurine on his slice of cake. He then stands up in exasperation.

"You can have it. The Barn. It's yours." Andy says and he puts his flight cap back on and storms off.

"Did we do something wrong?" Pearl ask.

"I thought Y/n said something really sentimental." Peridot says.

Steven then notices Andy taking off in his plane.

"No! Wait, he can't leave! Lapis? Y/n?" Steven asks.

Both Lapis and Y/n nod in approval and Y/n lifts Peridot off of his laps. "We'll be back soon."

Andy begins flying his plane through the sky. "Ugh." He puts his hand on his face. "What was I thinking?.."

"Hi Uncle Andy!" Steven can be heard saying.

Andy turns and looks, reacting in shock and surprise, at Lapis, flying and carrying Steven with Y/n flying beside them, The three catch up to him.

"Ah, wha- what are you doing, kid?!" Andy shouts.

"I thought everything was going really well! Is somethings wrong?!" Steven asks.

"Yeah, something's wrong. YOU'RE A MILE IN THE SKY, HANGING OFF A FLOATING LADY! GO HOME!" Andy dives downwards and flies over the ocean. Y/n, Steven and Lapis quickly chase after and catch up.

"Why'd you leave?" Steven asks Andy.

"I'm the only one who didn't! It was your goofball father who was the first one to hightail it out of here. Then after him, it was Aunt Deb. She and her partner got the RV. No reason to stick around with that thing! Grandpa moved to the keys, too old to make the drive anymore. I was the only one who tried to keep everything how it used to be. I knew what it meant to really be a family. And look what that got me, huh?! Nothin'!" Andy reveals and he accelerates the plane and dashes higher into the sky.

"Ah, no wait!" Steven says 

"Hold on!" Lapis says and Y/n nods.

Both Lapis and Y/n speed up after Andy, causing Steven to scream in surprise. Andy groans in anger as he flies higher above the clouds, as Y/n,Steven and Lapis catch up once more.

"Lapis, throw me onto the plane." Steven suddenly says.

"Okay." Lapis says.

"What?! I swear, if you throw him, I'll-" Andy threatens.

"She has a good aim!" Y/n shouts. 

Lapis then hurls Steven onto the wing of the plane.

Steven gives a thumbs-up "I'll meet you back at the barn!"

Lapis and Y/n both give a thumbs-up back. "Roger." They both fly off leaving Steven and Andy.

Steven trips and grabs onto the wing, as the plane begins to wobble from his weight.

"You're throwing off my balance, you're gonna bring us both down!" Andy shouts.

"Andy! I love that we both eat cake!" Steven shouts back.

"What?!"

"And you have that cool hat! And you know how to peel potatoes! And you need a plane to fly! I love the Gems, but... I'm a human too! I never had a chance to know that part of my family! But now I do. Andy, I want to be your family! Isn't that why you came back?"

Andy stays silent for a few moment, until the plane begins to go downwards.

"Ah!" Steven cries.

"Ah, Steven, you better hold on!" Andy tries to maintain the balance of the plane. but in the process, tips Steven over and he falls off the wing. "Steven! STEVEN!""

Steven is falling*from the sky now. "AH! Float, float, float! Apple pie, video games, fresh laundry!"

Andy pulls the plane around and catches Steven in the back seat)"

"Andy!" Steven says in shock and relief.

Andy then pulls the plane up before it falls into the ocean, and flies into the sky again.

"That was a close one, Uncle Andy! You sure are good at-"

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED TO YOU?!" Andy asks angrily.

Steven reacts in surprise as Andy yells at him.

"What good to are you to me as family if you're-" Andy turns around, revealing tears in his eyes, and quickly covers them up. "Sorry. Look I just- I'm just glad you're safe."

Steven smiles, as Andy pilots the plane over the ocean on the horizon.

"It just doesn't feel fair, everything got so different. I wanted everybody to stay the same, but they- they just didn't. Geez. What am I even doing? I got an airplane. I could've been visiting everybody, everywhere they went." Andy turns to Steven. "I could have known about you. I guess I could have just changed too, you know?" Andy says.

"It's not too late. We're here. If you want us to be." Steven offers.

Andy smiles in response.

Everyone is looking uneasy, while Y/n, Peridot and Lapis are talking to the pumpkin dog.

"No! Say clod! Cl-od!"Peridot tries to teach it.

The pumpkin dog barks in response, when Andy's plane flies back to the barn.

"Steven!" Pearl says relieved. 

"Hii!" Steven and Andy walk over to everyone.

"Andy... it's good to see you again. I'm sorry if we upset you. I understand what it feels like to be alone in this world. At first it can be daunting. But in my opinion there is no better family than this one." Y/n says with a smile. 

"Hey! Uh, you guys probably got a lot of leftovers right? I-I just figured I'd come back and help you with that. You know, since you don't eat and all." Andy says unsure what to say back.

Pearl smiles. "Yes, of course. We'll get everything in order. Y/n could you help me?" She asks and Y/n nods his head.

The Gems turn around and walk of, except Peridot, who pauses for a moment.

Peridot turns and waves. "Wow, thanks for the barn!" She then runs catches up with the others.

"Hey, Andy?" Greg says as he walks over to Andy and Steven. "I'm really glad you came back."

Andy is silent for a second, then hugs Greg with a big smile. "Ah, come here you goofball!" He chuckles. "You need a haircut, son."

Greg and Andy laugh together as Steven smiles, when the pumpkin dog runs in.

"Pumpkin!" Steven says happy.

"Hey, you got some leftovers for me too, you little- you little freak of nature there?" Andy asks Pumpkin.

Pumpkin coughs up a groom figurine from the wedding cake. Steven, Greg, and Andy start laughing together.

Andy begins laughing. "That's, uh..." He stops laughing. "That's gross."

And that's the chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it :D Next week things start to get a bit more serious... We once again have amazing artwork from our story artist that I just adore! If you guys did enjoy this chapter then please don't forget to give it a vote and a comment and I shall see you guys next week!! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 2.9K 32
When strangers are crammed into a lake house, there are bound to be relationships formed. But Peridot and Lapis didn't expect this.
731K 11.9K 117
In this story you are a Painite. The rarest gem and I recall hasn't been in the show. You are sent to Earth to find Peridot and Jasper along with the...
578 13 6
I do not own Steven Universe or Telltale Studios. A continuation of the first season.
82.3K 2.3K 51
you, the reader, are an off colour Male gem, a turquoise, to be exact. This story is kind of a ship story. Turquoise, being an outcast, has mysteriou...