Entangled

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been bat... More

Author's Note
Cast...
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13. Part-I
Chapter-13. Part-II
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Chapter- 22
Chapter-23
Chapter- 24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter-49

206K 7.5K 1.4K
By _SoloBird_

Ariana

I was extremely excited to visit France, may it be only for work purposes. It was noon and I was going through the documents. I compiled and arranged the documents systematically. The documents had details of a manufacturing project including the original map of the manufacturing unit that was to be built if they acquire the land. I checked the documents multiple times in order not to miss anything. I printed out all the papers which I had edited at the last moment and after giving them last look I placed them in a folder. I didn't seal the folder as I wanted Sean to give them a look as Xavier wasn't here. He had gone to attend a meeting, he said he'd meet me directly at home. I also checked the PowerPoint presentation that Lauren forwarded me which Sean and Xavier needed to present in the meeting.

I headed towards the cafeteria where Lauren and Mrs. Miller were waiting for me for lunch. I was walking towards the entrance of the cafeteria when the door opened and Kevin walked out.

"Hey, Ariana." He waved his hand.

"Hi, Kevin." I smiled.

"How are you, Kevin?" I asked.

"Heartbroken." He exclaimed.

"Kevin?" I looked at him in disbelief.

"Ariana, I'm just kidding. I'm perfectly fine. I was just teasing you." He laughed.

"Don't do that again. And where are you going? You're not gonna have lunch?" I asked.

"Got some work to do so, I can't right now. I just informed Lauren and Mrs. Miller. They're waiting for you inside." He replied.

"Umm..okay, so, see you later," I said. Saying goodbye, he walked away and I entered the cafeteria.

"You're so damn lucky," Lauren said, looking at me while we were eating lunch.

"You know you're the first P.A who is going on a business trip with Mr. Knight. What's special with you? Even my boss is not bringing me with him." She said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"I d.. don't know. It's his decision and I can't just say no to him, he's my boss." I felt the heat rising my face.

"Yes, we all know he's your boss." She emphasized the word— your.

"Oh come on, Lauren, don't tease her. See, her face has turned into a shade of pink." Mrs. Miller said and Lauren laughed. I mentally face palmed myself for being so transparent.

"When will you leave for France, Ariana?" Mrs. Miller asked.

"Tonight. But I'll leave from here early just after showing documents to Mr. Peterson and will take those documents with me. I still have to do packing" I replied.

"Looks like someone is excited to spend time with Mr. Knight." This statement from a female voice came from behind. I recognized the voice without turning back since she had the habit of talking behind my back.

"What's with you, Katherine? Mr. Knight chose her to spent his time with. If you have any problem then talk directly to Mr. Knight." Lauren snapped. I didn't look back.

"The fact is she's not worth spending time with Mr. Knight." It was Diana.

"Look who's talking about worth. Do you think you're worthy? But last I remember... Mr. Knight threatened to fire you two." Lauren countered back. I and Mrs. Miller tried to stop her but she didn't listen.

"Oh, we took our revenge on the person who was responsible for that," Bianca replied. Yeah, they sprained my ankle.

"And are you her lawyer that you're speaking on her behalf? Doesn't she have a mouth to speak?" Katherine snapped at Lauren.

"She has but you all are not worth.."

"Stop Lauren." I stopped her from speaking any further.

"They're right, you don't have to speak for me." I stood up and faced the women who were trying to mess with me for no reason.

"As Lauren told you, Mr. Knight asked me to accompany him and I'm going there as his P.A because it's a work-related trip. So, don't assume anything on your own." I said confidently. Their face turned sour and they glared at me.

"You'll not be spared for talking to us like that. Do you think you can seduce Mr. Knight by acting all innocent and shy? By acting like you can do any work? Mark my words, Ariana, one mistake and you'll be out of this company." Bianca snapped, gritting her teeth.

"Mistakes are bound to happen and I try my best not to make any. But if it happens I believe in correcting them. And Mr. Knight believes in giving second chances, didn't he give second chance to two of you?" I replied calmly. Lauren, who was sitting on chair clapped excitedly.

"How dare you?" Diana charged towards me but Bianca stopped her.

"Calm down Diana. I'll see how many second chances he'll give to her." Bianca smirked. Saying that they left the cafeteria.

"What was that?" I mumbled.

"Don't bother, sit, and finish your lunch." Mrs. Miller said.

After lunch, I went to Sean's office to make him see the documents. When Sean made sure that all the documents were complete, I sealed the folder so that I wouldn't lose any single paper. I went to my office to collect my things. Finn was waiting for me in the parking lot. I grabbed all my belongings and exited my office. But as soon as I stepped outside I bumped into someone, all the things in my hands fell on the floor, including the folder which had documents in it.

"Don't you have eyes? See, because of you all papers fell on the floor." Not again! It's Bianca.

Instead of replying, I bent down and helped her pick up the papers. I compiled them and stood up and handed the papers back to her. She handed me my belongings and the folder. Strange.

"Thank you," I said.

"It's okay. Next time, better watch." Saying that she went away.

I gaped at her disappearing figure. That's it? She didn't say anything else? I shrugged my shoulders thinking she must be in a hurry otherwise she would have argued with me.

I went home and packed my clothes. I didn't pack much as it was just a one-day work-trip. I placed my laptop and folder in my handbag. Then I wore loose jeans, a t-shirt, a jacket, and wore my sneakers. When Xavier came he changed his clothes then we headed to the airport.

::::::::::::::

Considering that I was with Xavier, I thought we would be flying in business class. But here I was standing in his private jet and I was completely awestruck by the interior. In off-white and brown colors, it looked like a luxury room of some luxury hotel.

All the female flight attendants were looking like runway models in a knee-length navy blue dress. Not bothering about their questioning looks, I greeted each of them.

"Where's Sean?" I asked Xavier.

"He had some work to do. He'll take a flight an hour late." He replied. We could have waited 1 more hour, it would have saved resources.

I nodded my head and placing my handbag in the upper cabinet, I sat across Xavier. But he made me sit beside him. The plane took off in the air sharp at seven. After flying for ten minutes in the air Xavier called a flight attendant for ordering dinner.

After dinner, Xavier started doing some work on his laptop and I sat across him, looking at the night sky out of the window, I was feeling sleepy.

"It's a 9-hour long flight. You should sleep." Xavier said looking up from his laptop.

"Go and sleep comfortably in the room at the back." He said.

"You're not gonna sleep?" I asked.

"Can't sleep without me?" He smirked, arching an eyebrow. I blushed and averted my eyes which made him laugh. I stood up from the chair and made my way towards the room but he stopped me by grabbing my wrist.

"Don't worry, I'll put you to sleep first then I'll continue with my work." He said.

"You don't have to do that. I can sleep on my own, you continue with your work." I replied.

"Was that a mocking remark?" He smirked and hoisted me up in bridal style and walked towards the room.

"Xavier, what are you doing? We have an audience here. Put me down." I whisper yelled. But he didn't listen and walked his way into the room. He settled me on the bed and removed my shoes then he removed his jacket and shoes.

"You want to change?" He asked. I scowled and shook my head in no. I was disappointed in him, he can't just pick me up and walk like a king.

"Your wish." Saying that he slipped beside me. Turning my back towards him, I covered myself with the duvet. In no second he scooped me towards him and placed a feather kiss below my ear. And just like that my disappointment went out of the plane. I closed my eyes and went into a deep slumber.

When we landed in Lyon, France, it was ten in the morning according to French timings. We went to a magnificent hotel. He talked to the receptionist then led me to the top floor. He and his obsession with the top floor.

He punched the key card on the digital lock and stepped inside. The room was not just any other room, it was a luxurious suite. Attendants dropped our bags and left.

"This is so big," I mumbled looking around.

"It's a presidential suite," Xavier said.

"Ariana, you must be tired after the long flight, so, take a rest. The meeting starts in two hours. I'll just check on my work." He suggested.

"You're not tired?" I frowned.

"I'm used to traveling." He replied.

"Okay." I nodded my head and went into the room.

"Ariana, pass me the documents of the meeting." He said, coming into the room. I pulled out the folder from my bag and handed it to him.

"I'll read the papers outside." He said and went out. Within a minute he came back in the room with angry expressions. What happened to him?

"Didn't you check the documents before putting them in the folder?" He asked firmly.

"I did. What's wrong?" I asked, frowning.

"Then where are those documents? Because the documents in my hand are not the ones needed here." He snapped. I ran towards him and snatched the folder from his hand.

"H..how can this be possible? After showing them to Sean, I sealed the folder in front of him." I went completely blank.

"Then where are the documents?" He asked.

"I..I.. I'm sure this is the same folder I placed the documents in. I..I don't know where are the documents g..gone." I stuttered. I was so scared at the moment. How did this happen? I tried to recall the events if I mistakenly left that folder somewhere or it got exchanged....

Oh my goodness.... Bianca....

She handed me the folder when I bumped into her. She swapped it. She ruined everything. She took her revenge on me. She was so lost in revenge that she forgot that she was stepping on the company's future.

"Goodness, Ariana, those papers were important! The meeting is in two hours. What will I show there?" He ran his fingers through his hair.

A lone tear escaped my eye. It happened just because of my carelessness. I should have checked the folder before putting it in my bag. This deal was important for the company, for him, for Sean, for Daniel.

"I'm s.. sorry Xav.."

"Don't." He muttered and stormed out of the room.

I slumped down on bed and tears started flowing out like a waterfall.
"I can't let this happen. I have to do something. I still have time to correct my mistake. I can't let his trust fade away on me." I mumbled to myself.

I wiped my tears and picked up my laptop and I ran out of the room. Xavier was nowhere to be seen so I ran out of the suite down to the reception desk. I asked the receptionist if there was a printing facility available in the hotel or somewhere near the hotel. She guided me to a control room full of men working on computers.

I took a deep breath and pushing back my fear and insecurities, I entered the room. Not bothering about their stares, I asked one of the men if I could connect my laptop to the printer. After he agreed I immediately opened my laptop and printed all the documents from the backup I had on my laptop. I always keep backup of important files. After printing, I arranged all the papers in the folder. I paid for using the printer and thanked the man who helped me. Then I ran back to the room.

"Where the hell were you? How many times do I have to tell you to keep your phone with you?" I was welcomed by angry Xavier.

"Here. All the documents," I said lowly, passing him the folder. He took it from my hand and read the papers.

"From where did you get them?" He asked, waving the documents in front of me.

"I had the backup. I printed all the documents again." I mumbled.

"Where did you find the printing facility?" He asked.

"In the control room of the hotel," I whispered, looking at my feet.

"Fuck Ariana." I flinched.

"You should have told me about that. You just ran away without informing me. I was worried." He said a little softly. "Anyway, thank you for saving me again."

"Now, you stay in the room and take rest. I'll attend the meeting. Don't leave the room until I come back. Okay? Just order anything you want on the intercom. Don't step out." He mumbled, kissing the side of my head.

Then he went out of the suite to attend the meeting.

__________________________________________

Xavier Knight

The meeting went well. Sean and I presented our work in front of the government officials and other businessmen who came from around the world. We had a chance of winning as our plan of car parts manufacturing unit was most appreciated. I had high hope that the land would be ours. The officials would give results in two days after discussing every detail of every project presented today.

Chris Silva also presented his work. During the meeting, he avoided looking at us. I think he was aware of the fact that we knew about his dirty deed. But I wasn't going to let him go away without warning so, after meeting Sean and I caught him outside the meeting hall when he was about to sit in his car.

"Oh come on, Chris, leaving without even meeting your friends in a foreign country?" Sean smirked.

"I like the work you presented," I exclaimed. His expressions were still full of arrogance. He smirked and said,

"My work was beyond good. I have a high chance of winning."

"Our team also did a great job. May the best plan win." I said as I extended my hand for a handshake. His face instantly lost the colors. I think he received the message I wanted to give in my first statement. Good.

He hesitantly extended his hand for the handshake, I grabbed it a little tighter and moved closer to him.

"Next time you dare pull that act again, you will find your company under my foot," I said, gritting my teeth. He started sweating in the cold weather.

"What he means to say is..." Sean grabbed his suit lapels lightly not wanting to make a scene. "If you dare steal our work..again then be ready to kiss your fucking company goodbye." Sean clenched his jaw and let go of his suit lapels.

"I know you have many questions running in your head like how do we know all this? Then let me remind you, we have the world's best people working for us as a team." I said.

Best people... Shit... Ariana. I forgot about her.

"You were leaving, right? You're free to go now. But don't forget what we said" Sean stepped away from him. Chris hastily sat in his car and left.

"And you Xavier, I didn't ask before but I'm asking now. Why you didn't bring Ariana to the meeting?" Sean asked me.

"I brought her to France for a vacation not for work," I replied.

Well, this is the truth. But I messed up big time again. I snapped at her but still, she did her best to bring back the documents. I even cursed. I didn't want to snap at her but it happened all of a sudden. Whatever happened must have happened by mistake but I didn't listen to her. And It was nine at night now, I even didn't call her a single time to know her whereabouts since I was busy in the meeting. I have to apologize.

"Listen, Sean, I have to run back to the hotel. I have something very important to do. You coming?" I asked him as he too was staying in the same hotel.

"You go. I'll just catch up with other businessmen." He replied.

I sat in my car and went back to the hotel. Before going to the suite I asked the receptionist to show me the control room. I wanted to see the atmosphere of the room where Ariana went to print the documents. I cursed under my breath when I saw a room full of men. Goodness, Ariana must have been so uncomfortable. Damn!!

I went to the top floor and entered the suite but I didn't find her in the room. I searched for her in the suite but couldn't find her. I tried calling her but she didn't pick up the phone. I frustratingly ran my hand through my hair. Where is she? Is she okay? What if she went out of the hotel in the street? What if something happened to her? All these questions filled my mind.

My heart starting beating fast in fear. I became so scared. I hope she's okay. I instantly ran out of the room to search for her.

"Fuck Ariana where are you.."

_________________________________________

Don't forget to vote.❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

903K 22.5K 43
Nathan Parker A 24 years billionaire and a single father of 2 years old. He is cold, arrogant, rude and doesn't give a shit about any others feelings...
175K 2.9K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
5.1M 149K 56
*** This story is now FREE!!!*** After a traumatic breakup with her college sweetheart, Aria Davenport meets an older, more sexually experienced busi...
1.6K 178 15
Ira Sharma. She scowls on almost everybody that tries to know her, outside the professional boundary. But she wasn't always like this. She was a love...