The Bad and The Broken

By summer___love

Dawn Rayne Falls and her brother, Jesse Falls, are abused by her father, Jim. He is an alcoholic and abusive... More

The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Part 76

Chapter 6

49.5K 1.1K 450
By summer___love

Hey! I didn't know what to tittle this one 😂 so I just went with a lame tittle! That up there is Jenny!⬆️

Dawns POV
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"So, how was the first day on the project?" Jesse asked while dabbing my forehead with the warm wet rag.

When we got home, father wanted steak for dinner. Apparently, I put too much spice on it and I ended up getting a bottle broken on my head and a slam onto the kitchen table.

After all of that, father left, most likely went to a bar, and Jesse helped me to my room, and is now cleaning my wounds.

"It was... awkward" I said, fidgeting with my fingers .

He chuckled, which made me smile a little.

"Yeah? He seemed like a jerk" he said with a smirk

"Well... he is, but he's-" I got interrupted by the sound of the front door slamming.

I looked at Jesse. Jesse looked at the bedroom door.

Then, footsteps, that belonged to Jim, slowly made their way up the stairs.

No doubt he's drunk.

I sprung up and ran as quietly as possible to the light switch and turned off the light

I stayed beside the door, just incase.

As the footsteps grew louder, so did my heart beat.

Please don't come in here! I don't feel like dealing with your shit right now, Jim! I silently pleaded

Then, the footsteps stopped right in front of our door.

I could feel and hear my heart racing.

The footsteps, then, carried on down the hallway, and stopped. He's in his room.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I turned on the lamp and looked at Jesse.

His face held fear.

He closed his eyes, shook his head, and then looked at me and pointed to the bathroom.

"You, go clean off the blood and stuff from your face and body." He said while pointing at me.

"I'll get ready for bed" he added.

I got all of my things and went into the bathroom.

I got in the shower and washed my body and hair and such. When I was done, I got out and looked at the damage done to my body.

Same as always. Bruises, cuts, and scars all over my slim body.

I'm so ugly.

My body is so skinny that you can literally see my bones sticking out. It's disgusting. I have curly brown hair that stops in the center of my back. It's so plain. I have dull green eyes. So empty. Full lips that are cracked and busted. Not kissable.

I shook my head.

I don't have time to worry about appearance problems. It's not like I have time for boyfriends or friends, let alone a social life.

It's just that... I'm just... not who I used to be.

I shook my head again and got dressed in my night clothes, which are old stained up grey sweat pants and a long sleeved black shirt.

I went into my room and saw Jesse asleep on a pallet on the floor.

I'm not gonna let him sleep in the floor.

I walked over to him.

"Jess" I said, poking him.

He stirred

"Come on. Get in the bed" I told him, shoving him a little.

He go up, with his eyes half closed, and laid in the old, creaky, full sized bed.

I laid down next to him and slowly went to sleep.
--

"Dawn" I heard someone whisper.

"Dawn" they said again

Who the hell is that?

"Sis!" I then recognized they voice as my brother's

"What?" I groggily said

"Get up! We're gonna be late!" He rushed out

I sprung up an looked at him.

He's dressed in tan shorts, a white shirt, and his only pair of shoes; black converse.

"I-uh- wanted you to get some extra sleep this morning and lost track of time" he said, scratching to back of his neck. Something he tends to do when he's nervous.

"It's fine Jess" I shrugged off, knowing I can get ready in 5 minutes flat.

I looked at my calendar and saw that today is Friday.

Dammit.

Most people love Fridays. It's the beginning if the weekend, last day of school for the week. They get to stay up late and have fun with friends and family.

Not for us. For us it's absolute torture. Well, father never touches Jesse, so it's really just torture to me. But that's okay. I rather it be me than him.

I walk to my small closet and took out a pair of black jeans, white t-shirt, and my only shoes, black converse.

I get ready in the bathroom.

After I was dressed, I brushed my hair and teeth and put concealer on. I found it in the bottom of one of the boxes I never unpacked.

I usually only use it when I really need it. And I have a massive bruise on my jaw. So I need it today.

I walked out of my room and met with Jesse in the hallway.

I grabbed an over sized hoodie, that belonged to Jesse. He likes to wear over sized hoodies in the winter because he says bigger hoodies keep him warmer.

I only use his because they hide my body better.

It's grey and has the Hollister logo on it. It took me a month to get enough money to buy him this for Christmas.

That was when I had a job, though.

But, then, Jim found out I had a job and made me quit. He said that he's the man of the house, so only he can have jobs, when, in reality, he was just afraid of someone finding out our home life.

After I put it on, we walked out of the house and into the hot sun. It's like 90 degrees to day.

Hot is an understatement.

Jeez. I'm gonna be sweating like crazy! Im gonna get get a heat stroke!

"Well, sis, on the bright side, inside the school will be cooled down. You'll only have to worry about gym." He said, seeing my worried look.

I pursed my lips into a straight line and gave a small nod.

When we arrived at school, I got many odd looks.

People were staring at my clothes.

I just looked down and ignored them.

Then, Jesse put his arm around my shoulders and squeezed.

"Just ignore them sis." He whispered.

We parted and went went our separate ways.

I went to my locker, got my things, and then went to the bathroom.

When I walked in, Haley and her clones were there, putting on LOADS of makeup.

Cake faces

I noticed that two of them were just looking around at the girls with disgust.

I've seen them sitting at the 'popular' table at lunch.

They're part of the 'it crew', just not stuck up bitches. They actually look kinda nice. And they are both extremely pretty.

The rest of the girls look like desperate clown-sluts.

I put my head down and turned around, getting ready to leave.

I'll go during lunch.

I was about to be at the door when someone started yelling.

"Hey freak!" A annoying squeaky voice said

Haley

"Hey! I'm talking to you!" She said

Then, I felt a hand clamp on my shoulder, and I got spun around. Only to be met with Haley and her clown face.

I gave her a questioning look

"What? Can you not speak or something?" She snarled while glaring

I looked down, avoiding her glare

Then, I felt a stinging pain on my left cheek.

She slapped me

"Haley!" Someone barked

I looked up to see a girl with straight brown hair and barley any makeup.

"What? It's not like anyone cares about her anyways!" She squealed- I mean 'yelled'

Then, I saw her hand raise again. I cringe, and next thing I know, I'm on the ground with a searing pain going through my right cheek, on a bruise that is no longer fading.

All of her minions laugh and they all walk out, spitting hateful words at me on their way.

"Ugly"

"Fat"

"Bitch"

"Trash"

"Peace of shit"

When they were all gone, I look up to see the girl with straight brown hair and a girl with reddish orangish hair.

They both stared at me while I got up.

Then, the one with orange hair stormed out of the bathroom.

I turned toward the sink to clean off my hands.

There's no telling what's been on that floor!

I looked at the other girl, with a questioning look.

She's been staring at me this hole time.

She looked down, then walked towards the door.

Before she left, she gave me one last glance. Then walked out.

That was... odd...

I walked out of the bathroom just as the late bell rang.

I didn't even realize the bell for class rang.

Dammit. Now I'm late!

I slowly walked to class and as I was, I realized something.

I never blockedmy emotions!

How could I be so stupid!!

Jenny's (Jennifer) POV

I was sitting on the bathroom sink, talking to Becca, while Haley and her wanna be's were putting on WAY to much makeup, and gossiping.

Then, the new girl- Dawn, I think is her name- walked in.

Everyone turned their eyes towards her.

She has on jeans and a hoodie in this heat!? How has she not had a heat stroke yet?

I noticed that she has a cut on her forehead that was not there yesterday.

She was about to walk out, when Haley grabbed her shoulder and slapped her just because she doesn't talk.

I yelled at her as a warning to stop, because I felt bad for her. She gets hell all week at school just because she doesn't talk. Sure, it's weird, but who cares?

I was cut out of my thoughts when Haley slapped her again.

I haven't paid much attention to Dawn, but I've seen her at lunch and in class.

Every time I see her, she has no emotion or expression on her face or in her eyes.

Her eyes are always dull and face always plain.

It's actually kinda intimidating, sometimes, because she just has this cold stare. But, she's also so fragile looking. She looks over weight, but at the same time like she could break like a tooth pick. So, she's not that intimidating. It's just her cold emotionless eyes.

But this time, she had emotion in her dull eyes.

When I looked at them, I could see only one, clear as day.

Pain.

Not physical pain. That would've shown on her face, not in her eyes.

This... this was a different pain.

Dawn's POV

"Nice of you to finally join us, Miss Falls" Mr. Wells greeted me, when I walked in.

Knowing that everyone's eyes were on me, I kept my head down.

"I'll let it slide this one time, Miss Falls" he said.

I went to my seat, mentally thanking him for letting it go.

I sat down and looked to the front of the class, trying to pay attention.

I looked over at Ryder's desk to see his arms on the table, with his head in his arms, asleep.

He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. He doesn't look like the big, cocky, jerky bad boy player. But a regular teenage guy. It's, actually, kinda cute.

I shook my head, and turned my attention to the front again.
--

It is now lunch time.

I, again, don't have money to get lunch. I gave it to Jesse.

I sat at my table, alone.

I was watching out the window at the forrest, wishing I was bird.

I could do anything I wanted. Go anywhere I wanted. Be free.

But then, who would protect Jesse?

Who would assure him that everything would be okay, while there's a monster, your forced to call a father, right down stairs, drunk off his ass, throwing bottles and cursing and breaking things?

Who would be there to keep him away from harm?

Who would take care of him?

My thoughts were interrupted when the chair beside me scrapped across the floor, and someone plopped down in it.

I looked over to see the one and only person I love.

"Hey sis. I bought you an apple" Jesse said, handing me a green apple. My favorite.

I gave him a stern yet questioning look.

"Don't worry, Sis. I got me a burrito" he said assuringly.

I nodded and took the apple, taking a bite out of it.

"So, how's your morning been?" He asked, trying to start conversation.

I shrugged. Then put a thumbs up saying good. It was a lie, but I don't want him worrying.

"Good, good" he said nodding, then he chuckled.

I smiled, a little, at him, knowing he's happy makes me happy. Just not as happy as when we had a Daddy and Mommy. A real family. With real love.

I pointed at him.

"My morning? It's been good" he said

I nodded.

"Well, sis, I have to go. I'm suppose to go to the library, to study for a test I have next period" he said while getting up.

"Love you" he said, then walked away.

I was eating my apple and looking outside when someone cleared their throat behind me.

I looked behind me and saw the brown haired girl from the bathroom.

"Hi. My name is Jenny" she said, putting her hand out for me to shake.

Don't talk to anyone! No friends! Or else! Father's voice went through my head.

I looked back out of the window, ignoring her.

I might seem like a bitch, but it's the rules. If I don't follow them, things will get bad. Plus, maybe I'll seem like a stuck up bitch and she'll leave me alone.

She sighed and sat next to me in the same seat Jesse accompanied earlier.

"Look, about in the bathroom, this morning... Haley is a bitch. She only takes on people she knows she can beat..." she said

I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see.

She basically just called me weak.

Well, I am. I get beaten everyday and night by my own father. I never even try to fight back. I just let myself get beat to a bloody pulp. I haven't told the police and it's endangering myself and Jesse.

But, if I do tell the police, me and Jesse will get split up. And then, I won't be there to protect him. And I can't have that happen!

But, if I wasn't so weak, we could've run away already. We could've been gone. I could've-

I was cut out of my thoughts by Jenny.

"I've noticed something about you. We all have. You-" I didn't let her finish that sentence. I held my hand up, telling her to be quiet.

Then, I ignored her. Looking out the window.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, leaning forward.

I didn't answer. I can't. If I do, she could get closer to me.

She tried to talk to me a few more times but I just kept ignoring her.

Then, she snapped.

"Okay, look, I am trying to be nice to you, but you're just being a rude ass! I've tried to keep my temper down, but... you know what? Forget it! I'm not gonna waste my damn time on a mute freak like you!" She yelled, earning everyone's attention

I just looked at her without an expression, like I do to everyone in this school.

She rolled her eyes, turned on her heal, and stormed off the her table.

I got up, through my apple away, which was only half eaten, and went to class early.

By the time I was in class and sitting down in my seat, the bell, signaling that lunch was over, range.

Ryder's POV

I was sitting at lunch, talking to TJ about how to get a reaction out of Dawn.

I can't believe she's wearing black jeans and a hoodie in this heat! Is she crazy!She could get a heat stroke!

I told TJ about how she has a weak spot for her brother. He is her weakness.

We were talking about it, when Jenny interrupted us.

"I think y'all should just leave her alone" she said, looking thoughtfully at the table.

"Yeah? And why is that?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"Because... she's... just don't mess with her. Leave the poor girl alone!" She said, almost pleadingly.

"Why do you care so much about a mute freak like her?" Haley said with disgust on her face.

Jenny rolled her eyes and looked at Dawn.

I looked over to her table to see her talking to her brother while eating an apple.

That's, actually, the only thing I've seen her eat.

Her mom must make big breakfast's.
(A/N: is that even a word? Lol)

When her brother left, Jenny went over to her table.

She said something and held her hand out for Dawn to shake.

Dawn didn't acknowledge it. She just turned back towards the window.

Ya see, what's weird about Jenny, is that she can be very nice sometimes. For the most part, though, she sassy and has a big attitude.

After a bit, Dawn was still ignoring her and she finally snapped.

"Okay, look, I am trying to be nice to you, but you're just being a rude ass! I've tried to keep my temper down, but... you know what? Forget it! I'm not gonna waste my damn time on a mute freak like you!" She yelled, earning everyone's attention.

She, then, turned around, and stormed back to our table.

She plopped down, and looked deep in thought.

I watched Dawn in curiosity as she got up, threw her half eaten apple away, and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 58.5K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
10.3M 710 5
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. **...
299K 9K 33
CRINGE WARNING! First book I ever wrote on here!! -- "Sometimes the person who you are willing to take a bullet for is the person behind the gun." I...