According To The Muses {UTAPR...

By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

(ONGOING) Melody KaSakura journeys to recover her passion for music after a major accident & a life-threateni... More

WELCOME READERS!
1: The Dawn Of A New Beginning
2: A Seven Colored Compass?
3: His Brand New Melody
4: Knocking On His Mind
5: Believe His Heart
6: Let's Go! His Fight!
7: His Shout Out To Orion: WHITE (Part 1)
8: His Shout Out To Orion: BLACK (Part 2)
9: Believe His Voice
10: Her Fantastic Dream (Part 1)
11: Her Fantastic Dream (Part 2)
12: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 1)
14: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 3)
15: Trust His Dream
16: Mister Psycho Madness
17: Who's Orpheus?
18: Sorrowful Feeling Heart
19: His Eternity Love
20: Her Lost Child's Heart
21: Our Weaving Dreams
22: Our Map of the Future

13: From Trinity to Tristar and Back (Part 2)

95 4 0
By My_Pharaohs_Keeper

"Me-chan!"

"KaSa-chan!"

"Melody-chan!"

"I DIDN'T GO TO THE DREAM WORLD!" Otoya, Natsuki, and Syo reflexively jump back when I sat up. Disoriented, I grabbed Syo who was the closest to me. "ARE WE ALL DEAD!?"

"Yes!" Natsuki smiled, "Do you see my angel wings!?" He posed. At that moment, I felt like throwing up. I fought all my inner organs to keep from doing so.

"We are not dead!" Otoya slapped Natsuki in the shoulder. "We're in an underground tunnel at the school. We found it by accident. We're trying to lay low here."

"They almost caught us, KaSa." Syo explained releasing himself from my grip, "Because Natsuki went way off course, a bunch of people saw us and they contacted school security. They're looking everywhere for us all. Or rather the golf cart. We were hiding it here. Now I'm going to ditch the cart before we're all caught." Syo got back in the driver's seat. When Otoya ushered me off, Syo started the motor.

"Now hold on Syo! They've already seen it missing, right? Where are you planning to take this thing~!?"

"I'm turning it into school security." Our eyes all widened.

"Wait Syo-chan!" Natsuki went to the side of the golf cart. "If you turn it into school security, you'll be reported to the teachers!"

"You could get expelled for stealing Syo!" Otoya yelled from his other side.

"What choice do I have!?" He shouted in between us. "Ultimately I did steal it, even if I just planned to borrow it for a little while. Look, they only know that the golf cart is missing. They don't know who took it and why." Syo explained, "Since Natsuki went joyriding around the entire campus, they know the cart is here at the academy. All I can do now is turn it in and hope they believe the story I'll tell them." He gripped the steering wheel. "It's the only way. If I get expelled, at least I'll be able to spare you guys by taking the blame."

"But Syo~!" We begged. "Think a moment more! Please!"

"You might not be able to make second period on time. But try for third. Just say you're sick or something. It'll work." The shorter blonde turned the cart around towards the exit. "Let me get a few minutes head start. Then you guys head back up. I hope I can make it before this runs out of gas..." He revved the engine once more. "I'm sorry for dragging you guys into my crazy plans." He smiled sadly at us. My heart ached. "Thank you. Really." Syo drove down the dark hall.

"He's...really planning to turn himself in." Otoya muttered.

"Syo's worked so hard to stay at this academy! I can't let him get expelled because of me!" Natsuki whined with tears. "I just can't!"

Otoya grabbed him before he could move towards the vehicle. "Even if you confess, you'll probably be expelled too! No matter what you say!"

"But~"

"Syo wants the least amount of a penalty on us all. He's doing it for us. If we interfere, he'll hate us for sure."

"Ittoki-kun!" Natsuki looked at Otoya seriously, "That doesn't matter." His stern voice startled him. "It's a matter of standing by your friends when they need you. Syo's in trouble, and I'm not going to let him handle this alone! You'd do it if it were Melody-chan I'm sure. It's the same for Syo and me!" He exclaimed loudly. He then blinked. "Areh? Speaking of Melody-chan, where did she go?"

Otoya looked around him. "Huh? Me-chan!?"

"Syo! Stop the...c-cart!" Syo ignored me and kept driving. "Syo I'm serious!"

"Go to class KaSa-chan! Before school security sees you!" He says it fasts as we approached the light. The sun shined in the exit from the outside. I could vaguely see school security pacing the corridors. With a gripped fist, I ran up beside Syo and jumped into the golf cart's passenger seat. The break screeched as Syo pulled the vehicle to a halt. "KASA! WHAT THE~!"

I kissed Syo's cheek, rendering him speechless. His face went beet red. "You always did like playing the hero, didn't you?" I whispered into his ear hugging him. His small body went rigid next to me. "Sorry though. This role wasn't meant for you." I let go and he stared at me in confusion. With a smile, I pushed him off the golf cart. Half expecting it, Syo caught himself from falling. I started the motor before Syo could get his bearings.

"Mel...Melody!"

"Tell the guys I said thank you. Thank you for everything. But, I'm just not cut out for this." Syo blinked. I could hear Otoya and Natsuki running towards us from a distance. I started driving toward the exit. Syo's eyes widened.

"Wait! Don't go! MELODY!" I ignored him as I sped toward the school security officers in the first corridor I saw.

"Hey, guys! You looking for me?!" The guards turned in surprise. "Come and get it!"

"Stop the vehicle Miss!" They shouted, "This is a severe violation of the code of conduct!"

It didn't take long for the guards to stop me. After all, I'm a 16-year-old rich girl! I can't drive!

"That golf cart is stolen! Apprehend it at once!" The guard in charge said. "And take the student into custody. She's to be brought in front of the headmaster."

I was slightly spooked when they escorted me to Shining Saotome's office. The weird looks from the other students were the last thing on my mind. I hadn't thought about what I was going to say to Saotome. How I was going to explain all of this while trying to keep the others' names out of this...I just knew I'd have to wing it. But when the doors opened. My mind seemed to go blank. I froze out of hesitation. Ringo-sensei stood in the doorway, peering down at me. "H-Hi...Ringo-sensei..." I gulped. "So, I kinda missed class today."

"Ringo, bring her in." I heard the deep voice of Hyuga-sensei. My breath hitched. That's when Ringo moved out of the doorway. Shining was at his desk and Hyuga-sensei was leaning on the wall behind him.

"Shining..." I started to ramble, "Long time no se~" The door fully opened and I froze. "No...O-Otoya?" The redhead was hunched over in the seat in front of the headmaster. "And...Everyone~!" My other five male academy friends were scattered across the room, each in their own miserable state. I knew immediately that no amount of words I could say next would benefit any of us. Somehow, we all managed to collectively get into big trouble.

"Now that we're all here, let actually get started now. Shall we?" Hyuga-sensei unpropped himself from the wall behind Shining and stood up straight. "What would you guys like me to start with? There are many infractions from today I could choose from." We all looked in different directions uncomfortably. "No? I guess I'll go from least to greatest then. Jinguji Ren, Ichinose Tokiya~"

Before Hyuga could start, Ringo started yelling at them. "WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU BOYS THINKING!? A fake fire!? A rat sighting!? You caused chaos all morning!" This was news to us. Tokiya and Ren sat on the office's couch next to each other. With their legs crossed and their cheeks in their hands, they did their best not to make eye contact with anyone in the room, especially with each other.

"A fire?"

"A rat?"

"It's not like we collectively decided on something, Ichinose. At least mine didn't cause a campus-wide panic."

"Still, that's the best you could come up with, Jinguji? Don't blame me for this."

"Stop your mumbling!" Hyuga-sensei growled, "I don't even have to ask if you two started the rumors. Not only have you just confirmed it, but I have multiple witnesses reporting that you were both behind these incidents!"

Tokiya sighed, "That's what I get for having so many enemies here. Sorry, I guess I am to blame for this." He sighed again.

"Well, clearly we must both have enemies then. I never knew someone would rat me out~"

WHACK!

Ren rubbed the back of his neck, "Yes. I deserved that."

"Silence!" Hyuga-sensei shouted. The boys grow quiet and stiff again. "Hijirikawa Masato. Not only did you skip classes today, but you were found fighting another student!?" This was news to us too.

"Fighting!?" We all exclaimed. "What the heck happened!?" Masato only turned his head away from us.

"So? Are you going to explain yourself? This is your only chance to do so." Masato chose not to speak. "Fine. I may have to deal with your issue separately anyway. Since I have to talk to the other group of students."

"Students?!"

"Masa, your rebellious side is showing..."

"SHUT UP, REN." Masato growled harshly. No one else dared to say anything else to him.

Hyuga cleared his throat, "Well then. Next is Shinomiya Natsuki~"

"No wait a sec~" Syo tried to interject.

"~Caught on camera!" Hyuga yelled. Syo closed his mouth. "Found joyriding around campus on a golf cart, with Kurusu, Ittoki, and KaSakura in the passenger seats! Which also just so happened to be stolen property from Saotome Academy's sister school for doctors!" Hyuga then glared Syo's way. "And the culprit who managed to steal the vehicle in the first place used the ID of a Kurusu Kaoru. Aka the brother of Kurusu Syo!" Syo cringed.

"Syo got his brother involved?" I muttered to myself. 'Oh...Syo's brother is studying to become a doctor at that school as well. I forgot my sister wasn't the only one. So that explains how he got the cart...'

"And even if you think for a moment that we have no evidence of either Syo stealing the golf cart, or Natsuki driving it, please take a look at this, Headmaster." Hyuga-sensei clicked the mouse of Shining's computer a couple times. Seconds later, we all groaned internally when we could hear each other's screams from early from the video that was playing. Shining seemed to grumble as well. "With that being said, is there still something you'd like to add, Kurusu-kun? Or perhaps Shinomiya-kun?"

With a solemn face, both of them sadly declined. "No, sir." I couldn't stand how dejected they looked.

"And last but not least. Ittoki Otoya and KaSakura Melody. The two of your infractions takes the cake, honestly." He read from the paper he's holding before folding his arms, "Not only were you two accomplices in the Golf Cart Incident, but you both did not appear in any classes today. And the kicker," Hyuga-sensei glared, "You were reported for violating the "no love" rule. The school's only rule! And you had the nerve to break it!" His voice was high pitched for a moment because it had cracked. He cleared his throat again noticing it.

Shining sighed with an expression that could only be called frustration. "Well. Does anyone have anything else to say? Before I evaluate and pass judgment." We all panicked internally. And then externally. We all began to talk at once. "Settle downnnnn! One at a timeeeeee!"

"Now wait a second!" I started, "We didn't break the "no love" rule!" I explained. "Otoya and I aren't dating! The others can testify to that!" I gestured to the boys, they agreed. "Who even reported us!?"

"That's none of your concern."

"Like hell it is!" I shouted earning an immediate scolding from Ringo-sensei. I ignored him, "Someone is trying to get us expelled, and we are our only defenders! We have a right to know!"

Masato, who had slunk down against the wall by the door, decided to answer me for Hyuga-sensei. "The one who reported you is the one I fought with this morning. I bet it was all of them I imagined."

"Huh!?"

Masato sighed, "If we are all facing expulsion, we may as well tell the truth in full. Normally silence is golden, but right now it is getting us nowhere but on the wrong side of things." He pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Speak for yourself..." We all seemed to mutter.

Masato stood up and stepped over to just between Otoya and myself. "After first period today, I noticed Ittoki and KaSakura hadn't shown up today. Neither of them had answered their phones either when Ichinose and I called them. Shinomiya, Kurusu, and I immediately went around campus to look for them. Ichinose and Jinguji had volunteered to stay behind our next period classes just in case they showed up. And that's when things started to go awry." Masato sweatdropped unintentionally. "I'm not speaking for the others, so I won't go into detail about what happened with them. But for me, Shinomiya and I eventually found Ittoki and KaSakura in the boys' dormitory. They had both overslept, so we only woke them up and told them to get ready for class. Even knowing, they would still most likely be late." Masato ended his words there.

"Fine." Saotome accepted his testimony. "And the fight?" Masato sweatdropped again in shame. "Mr. Hijirikawa?"

Masato gained his courage again, "On my way out from the boys' dormitory, I told Shinomiya and Ittoki to go ahead of me. A group of males from the bottom floor approached me. They were a mixture of males from the A-class and S-class. I don't have any specific names. But the rest of you guys would know who they are if I told you they were friends of Serena." He told us. We all tensed. Masato seemed to start shaking. His fists gripped.

"Mr. Hijirikawa." Shining repeated, "What about the fight?"

"Masa..." Ren didn't tease him this time. "You don't have to force yourself. Just tell us the truth~"

"Those a**holes!" Masato suddenly shouted. "They had the nerve to threaten me! About Otoya and Melody!" I knew Masato was angry when he accidentally used our first names.

"Masato-kun!" I gripped his arm before he could start screaming. His eyebrows furrowed when he looked down at me before forcibly loosening.

"They think they can bully whoever they want on campus and get away with it! You, me, Kurusu-kun, Nanami-chan, Ichinose-kun! The list goes on!" The others sadly listened to him. Masato pointed to Ringo, "Sensei. I get that there are suppose to be many like this in the entertainment world. That they will do things like this, and get no consequences for it. But I've had enough! If I were to ever become an idol, there's no way I'd let things like this slide! I'm sorry!" Ringo seemed to gasp before looking down at the floor. Finally, Masato explained the situation. "Those guys came up to me, verbally teasing how Ittoki and KaSakura were an on-campus couple. When I denied those rumors, they told me they were going to report KaSakura for staying the night in Ittoki's dorm room. And I lost it. I yelled at them to stay away from my friends, or I'd report them for bullying everyone. And in return, they threatened to report everyone for who-nos-what if I didn't let this go."

"Masato..." Masato did his best to hide the fact that he was tearing up.

"Everyone here...has been working so hard to get ahead at this academy. And every time we do, those guys always do something to tear us down. I couldn't stand to hear it from them anymore." Masato stared right at Shining Saotome. "I beat them up. Each and every single one who approached me. I was only caught when one of them told on me." He stepped forward slapping a hand on his chest. "I admit it. And I don't regret a thing! All of them deserved what they got!" The room went silent.

Hyuga let out a breath, "I...I could expect this type of behavior from one of the others. But you, Hijirikawa? It's unbelievable." Masato gritted his teeth. "You were a model student! One of the A-class princes!"

"Hey! Masato was trying to protect us!" Tokiya suddenly stood up from the couch. "He didn't tell us the situation, but we knew we had to help!"

"That's right." Ren followed behind. "Expulsion. Before I was able to face it with no fear, and now I'm scared out of my mind..." He muttered, "But I'd rather be expelled for this, then stay here and not defend the ones who began to believe in me. The true me." He placed a hand on his heart.

"Masato called when they found Melody and Otoya. He said that everyone wouldn't make the start of class. And asked us if we could delay the teachers a bit. He mentioned that something was going on, but not to worry about it. Only help if we can." Tokiya eyed Masato and he eyed him back.

"It was our fault for not consulting each other on a simple plan to do this, but I guess we ended up making a couple of stories up just to buy them some time. We accidentally let things get out of hand. Way too quickly..."

"We were in the wrong, and we apologize for causing such a ruckus." The two bowed. "But we do not regret doing it. Our intention was to help our friends, and that's what we did." Tokiya said.

"Yes." Ren verbally agreed.

It was Syo and Natsuki's turn. They looked at each other worriedly before nodding to one another. Before Natsuki could start, Syo yelled over him. "I'VE BEEN ILLEGALLY FILMING ON CAMPUS!"

"Syo-chan!"

"Look we're telling the whole story, let me do it my way!" Syo shouted at him. "Headmaster, I have a Youtube channel that I've had since a little before coming to this academy. I've just been trying to get a little exposure for myself as an idol from entering the industry."

"I can confirm that." Hyuga-sensei whispered to Shining. "He's been filming at the Prince of Fighting set as well. He's had permission." No one hears this.

"Recently, I had this idea to start challenging academy students to dares for content, just to make the campus vlogs more exciting. And one of those dares, was for Natsuki to drive the golf cart." Syo rubbed the back of his neck. "My brother Kaoru lent me his student ID this morning, so I could attain the vehicle. I was planning to borrow it today regardless of today's events because I've been planning it for a while. When KaSa and Otoya were late to class, I took advantage of the already bad situation happening, and in the end, made things worse." Syo sighed in defeat, "I only wanted to help everyone make it to class on time, and just get a bit of footage in the process, and that's why Natsuki was driving and Otoya and Mel were in the backseat. I dragged them into a bigger mess than it needed to be. I'm to blame for this incident. I'm sorry for breaking the rules and getting them in trouble." He bowed deeply.

"And he may take responsibility, but I do as well."

"Natsuki! Wtf!"

"Even if Syo was the one who obtained the golf cart, I was the one purposely driving it recklessly." Natsuki said, standing up from his nearby chair. "I wanted to help get Melody-chan and Otoya-kun to class on time, and I also wanted to Syo to have some good footage for his channel. So I made a huge detour away from the classes and drove way too fast around places we shouldn't have been. Even when school security came out looking for us. No one can blame that on anyone but me!" Natsuki bowed too. "I apologize for the inconvenience, but I also do not regret a thing either! That was the most fun I've had at the academy in a while. It was a nice change from the everyday class routine. I'm not condoning the fact that we skipped class, but it was refreshing to do so, especially when there are others who skip class all the time but don't get punished for it. Nee, Masato-kun?" Masato seemed to perk up when Natsuki smiled at him. "I enjoyed the ride, and I made my friends happy while doing so. I don't regret that one bit!" We all understood his reasoning, but Syo, Otoya, and I all seem to sweatdrop after hearing that.

Hyuga sweatdropped himself, "...Well? Ittoki? KaSakura? What are your explanations then...?"

"Before that." Shining suddenly cut in. Everyone's attention rested on Saotome, "Mister Jinguji. Mister Ichinose. Mister Hijirikawa. Mister Shinomiya. Mister Kurusu." They all tensed. "You are free to leave."

"HUH!?"

"Headmaster wait a moment!" Hyuga shouted, "What are you thinking!?"

"It's quite simple really. None of their actions had violated the school's official rules." Everyone paled.

"H-How can you just right them all off!? Without any consequences!?" Hyuga exclaimed, "All of them have collectively shut down all classes for today!"

"The only people who have done that would be Mister Ichinose and Mister Jinguji." They stiffened when Saotome addressed them, "Who will have detention after each class period until I determine otherwise. Is that clear?"

They both stuttered, "Y-Yes, Headmaster!"

"I would handle Mr. Hijirikawa's situation as a separate matter later. As for Mr. Kurusu, the ones he'll have to answer to are the other school's security staff. They'll personally want a statement for your foolishness."

"But what about, the filming...?" Syo hesitated to ask.

"It is perfectly legal to film on this campus." Shining told him, "Everyone signs a policy for film recordings and picture taking before becoming a student here."

"Oh crap, you're right!" Syo gripped a fist in triumph, "Then I'm good! Haha!" He exclaimed. His fire was extinguished when Shining glared at him. "Sorry."

"But...my driving?" Natsuki inquired.

"Was anyone injured during your excursion? Mr. Shinomiya?"

"No...no one was!"

"Needless to say, I don't want to see another golf cart on this campus again! Or you driving anything!"

"Yes, sir!" They both said.

"The five of you, leave us at once." It's only then when they all realized what was going on.

"But..."

"Otoya...and Melody..."

"Now!" Shining commanded. Ringo ushered the boys toward the door. They all gave us a look of worry.

"It's okay guys. I'll handle this." I told them. They all reluctantly leave Shining Saotome's office. Even though I said that, when it was just Shining, Hyuga, Otoya, and I in the room I only felt the dread set in. We were being accused of something serious. If I said the wrong thing in this situation, both of us could definitely be expelled.

"KaSakura, Ittoki. Breaking the "no love" rule follows an on-site expulsion. It'd be beneficial not to leave anything out of your explanations." Hyuga folded his arms a different way. "KaSakura. You first."

I took a deep breath. I was going to start, but then I looked at Hyuga-sensei. He looked like he had more he wanted to say. And it bothered me. "Hyuga-sensei? What's the problem?"

"I don't have a problem. But there is something on my mind." Hyuga said, "Ringo once told me about your attitude problem. How you didn't try in class, how you got mediocre grades just to pass and spent the rest of the time just hanging out with other students."

'Ringo-sensei...said that about me?'

"And yet, in the last month or so, you've changed. You've gotten better grades, and you've even apparently almost had a spot as an A-class prince. Or as it would be for you, princess." Hyuga-sensei continued on, "Just a moment ago, coincidentally, all the actual princes were here in this room. They all put their future careers on the line, all to protect you. Especially, Ittoki-kun right here." He gestured to the redhead. It had only just occurred to me that he hadn't looked at anyone the entire time we've been in Shining's office. I could only imagine how he's feeling right now. "Look at him. He's the highest average in the A-class right now. And yet befriending you, as a result, has caused him to get multiple detentions and involved in three other incidents, one of which could get him expelled." Hyuga folded his arms once more. "He was brought in first you know. We asked for his side of the story. And yet even at the bitter end, he refused to speak. All to protect you." I noticed Ittoki visibly gripped a fist. "I just don't understand, how you were able to recruit them. How could people with such amazing talents such as these boys, be manipulated enough to fight for you? You, a lazy bump on the log, who doesn't work nearly as hard as they do."

'Ah. Yes. I see now.'

"You think it's all a game, don't you? That this is like a floor boss, and you can just step on someone's back just to get through it. I'll have you know that those steppings stones not only have feelings, but they have their own hopes, dreams, and ambitions. One's that they are potentially throwing away, all for you. Your testimony right now, it doesn't just decide your fate, it decides Ittoki's fate as well. So be cautious with you're upcoming lies, alright?"

'This...this is how people actually see me. Everyone else, besides them.' I felt sick. I wanted to cry. 'Serena isn't the only one who thinks I'm just using the guys just to get ahead. It's how everyone else has seen me as well...'

"KaSakura, we're waiting."

'This sucks. I guess it's time to go home now.'

Suddenly Saotome came to my defense. "Hyuga. If KaSakura had only come here to uses others to further herself, I would have expelled her ages ago~" But it was too late. I had already fallen off the deep end. I couldn't be saved.

I didn't even let him finish. "No. He's right." They both turned to me. I could almost feel the purple light fade from my eyes. They were as hollow as I felt at that moment. "I used them."

"What?" Saotome muttered. Ittoki's head moved a few degrees in order to listen to me better.

"I used them, I said. I used them all. Especially Otoya-kun." I felt like an evil queen, unveiling her plans. An unnatural smirk peeked at my lips. "I realized long before that I've lost my passion for music. I tried to tell you once, but you wouldn't listen. So as I continued to be a student here, I made friends only with specific people who I knew would only help me get ahead. It's just as Hyuga-sensei hypothesized." I took a breath. My smirk faded. "And then there was Otoya. The upbeat, overly positive one, who hadn't seen a puppy die in his life."

"A puppy?"

"Die?"

I ignored them, "No matter where I went, no matter what I did, Otoya made sure he was there to help. He helped me up when I was down; he encouraged me to do my best. He was always there when I needed him. And I took full advantage of that. On purpose. Even for my song. And last night."

'Ah. This hurts.'

"I snuck into the boys' dormitory on my own. Because Otoya's so kind, he let me inside without a second thought. I stayed the night there, knowing that I wasn't allowed. Otoya didn't realize at all. He's just too innocent."

'I really wanted to do well.'

"I panicked only when we noticed we could get caught. Everyone instinctively wanted to take the fall for us. I coerced them all. Masato, Syo, Natsuki, Ren, Tokiya. And Otoya." I held back my tears. "Headmaster, no. Shining Saotome-san. Ittoki Otoya-kun is a hard-working, extremely talented individual. He has a gift, one that you've always been looking for in an idol. He, 100%, no, 1000% has the ability to graduate with high marks and even surpass you one day. And if you expel him, you'd be making the biggest mistake of your life." I gripped my own fist. "If anyone deserves to be expelled today, it's me." I bowed deeply. "Thank you for the opportunity, but life here isn't really working out. I'm done with the idea that I could be more than a pathetic no name. Once you expel me, I'll leave the academy for good, and go back to being just that."

They were silent for a moment. Then Shining grumbled under his breath. "I guess you haven't changed after all." Like a knife to the chest, I was wounded. But I didn't show it. "Misterrrrr Ittoki. Would you like to say anything now? This is your last chance." I stood back up, but I couldn't even look at Otoya. His back was still turned, and I didn't know if I could handle it if he looked at me. After hearing those horrible things I said.

Otoya answered after what seemed like forever. "No."

"Then..."

Otoya gripped fist again, "...Not to you."

"Excuse me?"

"What are you saying?" Otoya asked. The question clearly wasn't to Shining or Hyuga. But I didn't respond. Suddenly in one motion, Otoya stood up from his chair and spun around to face me. I didn't have time to react. "What are you even saying!?"

"Ah!" Otoya's expression haunted me. His glare was dominating as he moved step by step to close the space between us.

"W-What do you think you're doing!?" His arms rose up and gripped my forearms. "Everyone vowed to tell the truth just now. All of them did, just to help us! Even knowing the consequences!" I felt the grip on my arms squeeze tighter. "And yet, not a word of what you said just now was the truth!"

"Ittoki-kun." I said being formal. It only caused Otoya to gain a look of disgust. "I am telling the truth."

"Don't give me that!" Otoya shook me, "I don't believe that! Not for one second!" His ruby red eyes seemed to pierce through to my soul. "I may not have known you as long as the others have, but I've known you long enough. I know the person you are, right now. She's already different from the person I first met here at the academy! And even that Melody is nothing like what Hyuga-sensei described!"

"Otoya, you're hurting me!" I shouted.

"You're hurting yourself more, right now!" My own purple eyes wavered. "I can see it. The crack in your false resolve. I know you want to tell the truth. I know that you want to prove that you aren't who people say you are..." Otoya's eyes jittered emotionally. I thought I saw tears welling up in his eyes. Was he really crying? For me? "I really want to know who hurt you this bad. So bad that you'd give up on yourself so easily. I'd hug you right now, but under the circumstances, that probably would give them the wrong impression." He whispered so Shining and Hyuga couldn't hear. "I haven't given up on you. And you shouldn't give up on yourself." He moved his hands down to grip my hands. He obviously didn't care that Shining and Hyuga were still watching us.

I was faltering just like Otoya said. "Otoya..." I muttered. Having someone fight for me like this, was strange and overwhelming at the same time.

"Hey. What's the rule?"

"Rule?" I asked in response.

"You remember. What you do when you're upset. Even if it helps only a little bit?"

'Come on, feeling better starts with a smile!'

My eyes widened. "No...you don't really expect me to~"

"I'm not letting you go until you do." Otoya told me. He lifted our intertwined hands. "And if we stay this way for too long, they might get the wrong idea." He hinted at Shining and Hyuga-sensei. "I'll even do it with you~"

"Otoya this is~!" I wanted to stop him. I wanted to tell him he was taking his childish antics too far this time, but the truth was, it was exactly what I needed at that moment. He really was helping me feel better.

"Look Me-chan! When you're feeling sad and think the world is against you, in order to feel better we~ One, two, three!" Otoya let the corners of his mouth spread out wide. Somehow just like before, it made me do the same.

With tears in my eyes, I smiled as best as I could, "Smile."

"Ah! You did it! I knew you could!" He bent down lower to meet me.

I let one of his hands go and wiped my eyes. I wanted to cry. "Yeah..."

"And it was so pretty. Surely Hyuga-sensei can't think that someone with a smile like this could be as evil as you said~" Hyuga huffed. "Your smile has even given me courage, Me-chan. The courage to follow through with my plan."

I looked up instinctively, "What are you planning to do, Otoya-kun?"

"Believe in you. As long as you believe in me." That didn't sound good. "Headmaster, I would like to give my statement now. It's simple really. Short and sweet." He let my other hand go and turned toward the adults still in the room. His eyes held the conviction I had seen in him just a day ago. "Melody and I didn't break the "no love" rule. Last night we only hung out together, as friends. But I get it, our incident has caused a lot of chaos today and that shouldn't go unpunished." He bowed, "In the end, it was I, that invited and convinced Melody to come over to the boys' dorms, and I let her inside. So if you must expel one of us, please expel me."

"Otoya!" I immediately shouted. He closed his eyes as if he had already accepted his fate. "If you think I'm just going to let you do this~!"

"Misss KaSakura, that's enoughhhh. You're argument his dragging this conversation longggger than it needs to be. Let the boy say his piece, please."

"But..." I trailed off.

"Since Me-chan couldn't explain it, I will. It's the exact opposite of what Hyuga-sensei said." Otoya continued. "Sure, the Melody that first came to this academy was pretty negative. But since that first day, she's changed as a person immeasurably. She has been working hard to get her grades up and helping others do so along the way." He stepped forward, "What you mistook for being lazy and just hanging out with friends, was actually her helping those friends succeed here."

"I don't believe that." Hyuga told him bluntly. I hear yelling on the other side of the doors but ignore it.

"It's true!" Otoya insisted, "In fact, that's easy to explain too. You know all those friends that were here in the office today? Well, at some point this year, every single one of them was planning to quit being a student at the academy. Including me." He put a hand to his heart, "But...even when things looked dark, Melody was the main one who encouraged all of us to stay on the paths we wanted, and reminded us that we had the talent in order to do so. We didn't become Melody's friends by her manipulating us. Instead, she's helped us become better people! And thus, we were all drawn to her because of her kindness and supportiveness! That's why we are willing to fight for her!" For a second, I reflect on my journey in the dream world. How I had helped convinced each one of those princes to get their "essence" back. The princes in the dream world somehow coincided with the boys that I knew here in real life. And somehow they seemed to realize their passion for music in the same ways. So I had helped them, all without realizing it. "Melody's the type of person who cares about what happens to others even before herself. That's why you started to lie. Because you were trying to protect me. Me and everyone else, who just want to protect you. That's my explanation of today's antics."

"You all...wanted to protect me..." I looked down.

Otoya looked at Shining once more, "Everyone's songs this year were influenced by Melody in some way, honestly. She helped us in any way she could, whenever we needed her. Even if she neglected some assignments to do it." He nudged me in my side. "Like our Red String of Fate projects, the one Shining signed off on himself. Or the group project we last had. You weren't even in our group, but when we were having trouble getting along, you helped bring us together. We wouldn't have a performance for that time if it wasn't for you...even though we didn't get the best grade on it. But it wasn't your fault at least." I nudged him back. He smiled. "This year...it's really has been amazing. I've had experiences I'd never thought I'd have here, and I have you to thank for that. You and the others." His smile faded. "Lastly, Headmaster. When it comes to Me-chan's talent, she's amazing. Even if she doesn't want to admit it, she's had plenty of higher scores than me on practicals and exams. And if she applied herself more, I know she could've been an S-class student. I just know it." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "I guess what I'm trying to say is...if one of us has to be expelled today, it should be me. Compared to Melody, I'm not nearly as talented. I'm not purposely trying to put myself down, but an idol should know his worth right? I know she has the ability to make people happy with her music, she already has. She deserves to be here more. I truly believe that."

The room was finally quiet. No one said anything for several seconds. I tried to hide the last bit of my tears. I can't believe that I let this happen. That I let things get to this point. I should have left. That way I wouldn't have dragged anyone into this mess. Especially Otoya, who deserves this punishment the least. I'll never forgive myself if I'm the one who ruins his future dream.

"Geez. None of you wanted to make this easy, did you?" Hyuga-sensei decided to speak. "I get that you all felt you needed to tell your sides of the story. But either way, you broke the rules regardless of which ones they were. And we as faculty can't just ignore that. Not without punishment...Huh? Don't look at me like that!"

"Huh?"

"What do you mean?"

Hyuga turned away from us, "In the end, it doesn't matter what I think. It's the headmaster's final decision." We looked at Shining. He seemed to be thinking really hard about what to do. His eyes were closed and he was still grumbling to himself. Hyuga turned his direction. "Shining?"

Shining Saotome opened his eyes, his clasped hands over his mouth. "Miss KaSakura." His lack of consonant rolling shook me.

"Yes, Headmaster?"

"...Can I really believe what Mister Ittoki said about you?"

I hesitated. But I held my head up when I looked at him. "Yes. You can. It's true."

Shining paused again. "...I believe...that nothing happened between the two of you last night." Our eyes widened.

"S-Sir!?" Hyuga exclaimed, "Are you planning to let them off~"

"HOWEVER." Shining's words were hard, "I have yet to believe, that there isn't a romance between the two of you. You said you haven't broken the rule, but there's a chance you have unconsciously. You may not see it, but I do."

"Head...Shining." I said. "With all due respect, what you think you're seeing isn't the truth in the slightest. No love between the opposite sexes is the only rule here, friendship is not. A girl and a boy can be friends, without being in love." The usual bite to my words was back. I'm glad to finally have gotten a grip of myself. "And honestly, it shouldn't be considered breaking the rules if I, being a female, wanted to spend time after school hours with my friend, who is a male. If you had made a place where the two of us could hang out, and not be judged as such, we would've hung out there last night, and none of this would have happened. This situation...is silly!"

"You have a point." Shining grumbled and closed his eyes again. Hyuga's mouth dropped open. "But words are only just words, without proof. I'll believe you under one condition." Shining Saotome's eyes opened once more then narrowed in Otoya's direction. "Misterrr Ittoki. Face Miss KaSakura." He did. "The question is simple. Can you stand there, look her in the eyes, and say that you do not, under any circumstances, have any feelings for her romantically?" Otoya's eyes slowly widened. I looked back at Otoya. I did my best to nonverbally convince him to answer Shining. Otoya didn't like me like that anyway. Unless...he did...He wasn't thinking of say no, was he?! Would he!? "Well?" Otoya closed his eyes, squeezing them hard. He then opened them again with resolve.

"I, Ittoki Otoya, only see KaSakura Melody as my classmate and friend. This is the truth, Shining Saotome-san." I sighed, relieved. But it wasn't a happy relief, I realized. No way...did I want him to say no?

"Is that soooo?"

"Yes." His Shining's eyes narrowed again, eyeing the redhead.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"WAIT! LET US IN!" The yelling and banging I heard from before was stronger and loud enough for everyone else to hear.

"What now!?" Hyuga-sensei opened the door. The left door swung open and hit him in the face. It was Ringo-sensei. The gang was right behind him. Everyone entered the room.

"Huh? Hyuga? Why are you behind the door?" Ringo blinked. Hyuga angrily growled at him.

"Everyone!?"

"Why are you guys back here?"

"What do ya mean why, ya blockhead?!" Syo put Otoya in a headlock.

"It's just like I said before. It's a matter of standing by your friends when they need you." Natsuki said.

"We shouldn't have left in the first place." Tokiya said.

"We realized when Ringo said you two were probably going to be expelled, we couldn't just sit by and let that happen. Not after all of this. And not after everything we've been through." Masato said.

"Let's just say, a year-long detention wouldn't have sat right with us if we did." Ren winked.

"Long story short, if you're going to expel them, you have to expel us too!" The five boys stood at our sides.

"Excuse me!?" Hyuga shouted, "After everything that's happened today, the five of you think you can just waltz back into the headmaster's office and make demands!? What is wrong with the lot of you!"

"Hyuga shut up! You don't want to see these kids expelled anymore than I do!" Ringo shouted.

"And we're not making demands. This is our ultimatum. We're serious about this, Hyuga-san." Tokiya told him.

"We're choosing to fight for what we believe in. We're choosing to stand at their side." Masato said.

"We won't let them be expelled alone. It isn't right!" Natsuki said.

"If they can be expelled over something as minor as being in the same room with each other, I don't think I'd last another day here anyway." Ren shrugged his shoulders.

"You!"

"Shining! Please give them another chance!" Everyone's attention was on Ringo now. "Since the beginning of the year, I've told myself that I was going to teach these students the hard way about how cruel the idol world can be. But it turns out that I've been neglecting my students so much, that I've been using that as an excuse not to do my job properly. I realize now that I've made a big mistake and let things get too much out of hand. I won't do that anymore. I feel obligated to fix this!" Ringo placed a hand on his heart. "Don't expel these kids! All these kids have too much potential that will go wasted if you do!" Shining sighed in frustration.

"Ohhhh, so you think we should just let them off easy too!" Hyuga gripped his hair, "Am I the only one whose sane today!?"

"Oh hush!" Ringo lifted a finger and pointed accusingly at the ginger-haired teacher. "Hyuga, if you're going to play bad cop, I have no choice but to play the good cop! The side I'm on is theirs." He slammed his hands on Shining's desk. "Shining, I have a proposal. Please trust me on this and let me share it with you." Shining was silent once more.

"Hyuga, Ringo. I'll have one last word with you both on this." Shining then huffed, "The rest of you, get out. I need a moment." Without another word, we all cautiously left Shining Saotome's office. "I have a headache..." We heard him say when we exited.

_________________

All of us sat on the floor outside Shining Saotome's office feeling despair. All except Syo that is. Syo was keeping himself busy fiddling between his phone and his video camera. "So...who's going high school hunting with me?" He asked. We all purposely stare at the blonde S-class member. He was unphased. "What? It'll be fun~Trying to find a place that'll except seven music students in the middle of the year~"

"And you'll film the whole thing."

"Damn right." He cleaned off his video camera lens. "It'll be a video series. I'm sure it'll make tons of views!"

"Is views all you care about right now? " Masato folded his arms.

"You know it's not like that Masa." Syo insisted, "I'm just trying to benefit my future self. Might as well keep myself relevant." He turned on the camcorder. "I'll call the first episode, Kicked out of Shining Academy!?" He made a look of shock.

"But Syo," I said, "It's Saotome Academy."

Syo put his camera down and started whispering like he was recording and he didn't want the camera to catch his words. "Of course I know that. But I can't use the real name! They're not sponsoring me, and if I said something about the school that they don't like, I could be sued for slander!" I sweatdropped. "That's why I've got to give it a fake name. A discount Saotome Academy sounding one, like Shining Academy."

"Or Shining Kou Kou!"

"Shining Gauken!"

"High School of the Shining!"

"High School of the Shining!? Hahahaha!" Syo and I began to laugh. Ah, Otaku jokes.

"...Shining no Academia." We paused. We turned to Masato in disbelief.

"I always knew..."

"...you were a weeb."

"WHAT!? HOW IN THE WORLD DOES THAT~"

"Boku no Hero Academia." I said with my hands folded.

"The name is only a coincidence!"

"Oh come on..." Syo slid his arm around Masato's neck. Masato was sitting down by the way. "The first season issss pretty awesome~ Wasn't it cool to see Deku kill his middle school rival? Bakarugi, or something..."

"His name is Bakugo. He is baby and he is NOT DEAD." Masato suddenly blushed when we arched our eyebrows in triumph. "I am fully aware that you have tricked me." We laughed and high-fived.

"Weeaboo Masa confirmed!"

"I AM NOT A WEEABOO!"

"They got you good, Masato-kun." Otoya giggled lightheartedly. Masato sighed in defeat.

"But for real, who's in!?" Syo asked holding up the camera. "I need to know who I can film and not film!"

"You're starting right now?"

"Duh."

"Well if we're already looking for a bright side, I guess I'm in."

"I wasn't excepting Icchi to be the one who would say that first."

"Well, now I don't have anything to lose." Tokiya told Ren. "I trust Syo. Always have."

"Awww. Thanks for the lie Tokiya~" Syo said. Tokiya visibly choked.

"What was that!?"

Ren smirked, resting his arm on his leg. "Well, I'm all for it, Ochibi-chan."

"Don't call me Ochibi." Syo was quick to correct. Ren chuckled in response.

"At least we'll all be together!" Natsuki exclaimed happily with an unnecessary gesture.

"See? That's the spirit!" Syo exclaimed, "How about you Masa?" Masato sighed but agreed nonverbally. "That's five out of seven! Good odds. Otoya? Melody? Come on, we need 100% here!"

"What we need is 1000%..." Otoya trailed off.

Syo pinched his cheek, "What was that? I didn't hear you."

"Stop it. We've already been through enough for one day." I pulled Syo away from Otoya. "Look. We don't have to go looking for another school. I promise you guys, I'll use whatever influence I have to make sure you guys don't get expelled."

"KaSakura. Don't make promises you can't keep." Masato leaned his head back against the wall.

"Hey! Shining's known me for a long time! I'm sure he'll listen if I~!"

"That's enough, Melody-chan!" Natsuki said to me. "You're still talking as if you're excluding yourself. Don't you understand? We've already decided." He folded his arms stubbornly. "It's all of us or none of us! That's it!"

"But~"

"That's right. We've chosen to fight together." Masato backed him. "We have been this entire time. It wouldn't be right to abandon one another now."

"You guys..." Otoya muttered when Masato and Natsuki slid over to side hug us. It seemed to cheer him up. Me too honestly.

Masato closed his eyes in sincerity. "We're with you, Ittoki. KaSakura."

"It's just like in the purpose of our class chant! No matter where we go, we'll always remember who we once were!" Natsuki held out a hand. We placed our hands onto his, instinctively creating the circle. "Shining together~"

"A-class forever!" A smile erupted on our faces. Ren, Tokiya, and Syo stared at us awkwardly.

"So..."

"...they have a chant..."

"...we can do that too!" Syo shouted with his hand out, starting a new circle. Ren and Tokiya placed their hands in. "Uh..."

"Wait a second."

"What?"

"Tokiya...aren't you in the A-class right now?"

"You could've joined their chant."

Tokiya blushed in embarrassment. "Well! I was in the S-class longer! And there's a chance I could have been promoted again!"

"Was."

"Shut up Syo!"

"It's okay Icchi. We'll take you in, Mr. In Between." A dark cloud fell over Tokiya's head. Ren bumped his shoulder and gripped the hand that was underneath his. "That's right, Shining together~"

"S-class forever!" The four of us stared blankly back at the boys.

"Ah."

"How lame."

"Honestly, very lame."

"Very lame indeed."

"EHHHHHHHHHH!?" The S-class boys shouted. "How dare you!"

"How dare we?!"

"You stole our chant!"

"So!?"

"We deserve a chant too!"

"Get your own!" A chorus of arguments started to break out. Our shouts filled the hallway, but we were so engrossed in them, we didn't even notice.

And then suddenly, someone said it. "We may not have had a chant, but we were better than you!"

"Is that what you think!?" We all glared at one another.

Suddenly Tokiya jumped up. "Fine. Let's have a showdown then!" Ren and Syo stand with him.

Otoya stood up to match him, "We'll take you on at any time!"

"Ah!" Natsuki and Masato stand with him. I started to stand too. But then I felt a weird sense of deja vu.

"That's exactly what we will do." All of our heads whipped around to see Shining Saotome. Ringo-sensei and Hyuga-sensei stood behind him. "After hearing what both Ringo and Hyuga had to say I've come to a conclusionnn. We will have a showdownnn. A showdownnn between the A-class and the S-class students." All of us blinked in confusion. "Misterrr Ichinose, you will be counted in this as an S-class student. You will sing with Misterrr Jinguji and Misterrr Kurusu to make things even."

"Headmaster?"

"Sing what?"

"A group song. The lowest group grade you've received this year." Shining told us. "Both groups will perform them in front of the entire student body. You'll have a week to prepare." Shining glanced at each one of us individually before going on. "I have been told by Ringo that all of you have improved since your first auditions at the entrance exams; I must see that progress for myself. The team that passes, will get to stay here at the academy. The losing team, will be expelled." Everyone except Shining gasped loudly. Ringo and Hyuga were as equally in shock as we were.

"What?!"

"Shining!?"

"That is my final decision on this matter." Shining verbally put his foot down. "If you truly consider yourselves to be future idols in the making, and want to stay at this school, I suggest you prepare to show this Academy what you've got. Your individual futures depend on this one!" Shining jumped into the window. "May the muses be with you!" Shining jumped off. I got scared and immediately rushed to the ledge, only to see Shining paragliding. I sighed heavily. "Go go go!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.2K 529 12
Cecil's plea to the muses did not turned out so well... Set after the UtaPri award, the idol group found themselves in a very...interesting situation...
1.6K 89 22
Sora and her twin brother Subaru decide to pursue a life as an idol duet by enrolling in Saotome Academy - with the hope of getting a national debut...
34.2K 1.3K 18
WARNING: USES JAPANESE LANGUAGE IN ROMAJI FORM. IF YOU DON'T LIKE/UNDERSTAND SINCE YOU ARE NOT OTAKU ENOUGH, DON'T READ! After the UtaPri Award, Tok...
18.3K 434 13
Shiori Minami, a first year in senior high, won a month-long workshop with STARISH and QUARTET NIGHT at Saotome University at a music composition com...