malfoy's ring // d.m

By xforsytheloverx

"Why do you love that ring so much?" "Because it was given by her," He said, tears were now flowing through h... More

Prologue
O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
πŸ₯€
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
T W E N T Y - S E V E N
T W E N T Y - E I G H T
T W E N T Y - N I N E
T H I R T Y
T H I R T Y - O N E
T H I R T Y - T W O
T H I R T Y - T H R E E
T H I R T Y - F O U R
T H I R T Y - F I V E
T H I R T Y - S I X
T H I R T Y - S E V E N
T H I R T Y - E I G H T
T H I R T Y - N I N E
F O R T Y
F O R T Y - O N E
F O R T Y - T H R E E
F O R T Y - F O U R
F O R T Y - F I V E
F O R T Y - S I X
F O R T Y - S E V E N
F O R T Y - E I G H T
F O R T Y - N I N E
F I F T Y
F I F T Y - O N E
F I F T Y - T W O
F I F T Y - T H R E E
F I F T Y - F O U R
F I F T Y - F I V E
F I F T Y - S I X
F I F T Y - S E V E N
F I F T Y - E I G H T
F I F T Y - N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y - O N E
S I X T Y - T W O
S I X T Y - T H R E E
S I X T Y - F O U R
S I X T Y - F I V E
S I X T Y - S I X
S I X T Y - S E V E N
S I X T Y - E I G H T
S I X T Y - N I N E
S E V E N T Y
S E V E N T Y - O N E
please read
S E V E N T Y - T W O
S E V E N T Y - T H R E E
S E V E N T Y - F O U R
S E V E N T Y - F I V E
S E V E N T Y - S I X
S E V E N T Y - S E V E N
S E V E N T Y - E I G H T
S E V E N T Y - N I N E
E I G H T Y
E I G H T Y - O N E
E I G H T Y - T W O : Letter
E I G H T Y - T H R E E : Letter
E I G H T Y - F O U R : Letter
E I G H T Y - F I V E : Letter
E I G H T Y - S I X : Letter
E I G H T Y - S E V E N : Letter
E I G H T Y - E I G H T
E I G H T Y - N I N E
N I N E T Y
E P I L O G U E 1
F I N A L - E P I L O G U E
Acknowledgement
Sneak Peek

F O R T Y - T W O

14.4K 342 625
By xforsytheloverx

Her class went on, and she didn't even understand the whole the thing that her professor had said. She was listening, but all of the words were not sinking into her mind, and so she decided to drift off. Her imagination took her place from to another place, which she never really mind it though. But then, her imagination was cut off when she remembered about what Harry is going to tell them later.

When she thought about that, y/n suddenly remembered about her little theory about Moody and her father. She knew that maybe— just maybe, that she was right after all. But then again that includes her father being affiliated with the Dark Lord. And that is one big accusation right there.

She can't imagine to herself that her father was a death eater, but what if it was true? According to her, Proteus was acting a little bit off the last time she saw him. Her father was nice to everyone and that's why she can't bring herself to think that her father, Proteus, is one of the followers of you-know-who.

But what if he's a death eater? Asked the bitter voice. Would you stay with him?

Never in her life that she would asked herself that question. It was a dangerous question. Evil, even. She loves her father so much, but no. No matter you bring this world upside down, she won't be joining him. Not in a million years.

"-okay, that's all for today. Good bye," said the professor. He instantly walked away before the students could possibly crush him on the ground.

She shoved all the things inside her bag and waited for Zacharias to ready all of his stuff. Zacharias was glad that he had a chance to go with y/n today. He was worried the other day when he haven't seen y/n around after the news about Cedric. Now that seeing y/n is now happy and smiling, he knew that everything will be alright.

"You're so slow, you know that?" y/n jokingly said to Zacharias, who just playfully rolled his eyes.

"And what? You're the hare whilst I am the tortoise?"

"Indeed I am, Mister. Now hurry up," she patted his shoulder. Zacharias nodded and grabbed his bag, pulling y/n outside the classroom. Once they were outside, Zacharias decided to walk y/n back to her dorm, but she insisted.

"Oh come on, just this once please?" he pleaded, batting his thick eyelashes. He just wanted to make sure that y/n would be safe when she got there. With Cedric's gone, he suddenly felt a responsibility to stay with y/n all the time. He might not have the last chance to talk with Cedric, but he had a dream about him, he told him that no matter what he'll protect y/n with all cost.

"I can handle myself, really— plus, I need to meet up with Hermione at the library," replied y/n, giving him a sad smile. She wasn't lying, but except for the part when she told him that she can handle herself.

"You sure?"

"One hundred percent sure."

Zacharias squeeze her arm and nodded. Within a second, Zacharias left y/n outside the room. Y/n sighed and made her way to the library. Whilst she was walking, a girl bumped into her, making the girl stumble on her own feet. Y/n didn't saw the face of the girl because her hair was blocking her face, but even though she don't know who this girl was, she helped her.

When y/n reached her out, the girl accepted her hand. As y/n was about to pull her up, she saw the face. And it was no stranger.

"Ew! Don't touch me, you filthy blood traitor!" shouted Pansy.

Being the obedient girl y/n was, she gladly released her hand, making Pansy to sit down once again.

"Hey!" Pansy called out for her.

"What? I did what you asked me to do," said y/n, shrugging.

Pansy stood up and face in front of her. Y/n was an inch taller than Pansy, causing Pansy to look up at her. Y/n didn't know why the slytherin girl was mad at her. All she did was let her go, and that is what exactly Pansy had told her.

Clearly, y/n wanted to walk out before they could rip their heads off, but for Pansy, it was quite opposite about what she wanted. Parkinson have this weird mind set and it's very childish like her personality. She always seek out for trouble, fights, and lastly her personal favourite, bullying.

Whilst she have that kind of mind set. Y/n, on the other hand, have this calm side of her. But once you've seen the fire inside of her, then better run for your life. It will not be good.

"You know what? I'm disappointed that your little Cedric died instead of..." said Parkinson, stopping her sentence to observe her. "You."

"If I die then I will probably drag you too," smirked y/n, who just glared at Pansy. "Oh wait, I can't drag you because you weig-"

And that is when Parkinson couldn't handle her anger anymore. She slapped y/n right across her left cheek. Y/n was shocked about what happened. And she knew that she's not going to let Parkinson get away with this.

"How bold of you touch me? I thought you weren't supposed to touch a blood traitor?" hissed y/n, preparing herself.

"Because you deserve it!"

"Of what? Stating the truth?" y/n took a step closer to her. "Let me tell you the truth, Parkinson. You are one cruel evil little witch and you will always be one. No wonder why your life sucks," said y/n, jabbing her finger on her shoulder, surely to blossom a bruise next morning.

Parkinson opened her mouth to say something, but y/n hushed her.

"I'm not going to let you win this time. I'm going to stop whatever you're plotting behind the thick skull of yours. I'm going to stand up for myself," spat y/n, causing Parkinson to squeak a little bit. Truth to be told, Parkinson is already scared of her, but she tried to cover up that by pretending that she was tough enough to defeat her.

"And you aren't worthy of saying his name. You don't know Cedric. Now back off," y/n walked away, making it sure that she bumped Parkinson's shoulder hard.

She felt like a queen, knowing that she didn't back down just because Parkinson was there to torment her. She's tired of the sick attitude of Parkinson, and she knew that she need to place Parkinson her rightful place because if not, then all of this place would be endless of torture for the younger students.

Y/n took a deep long breath, calming herself down. She turn left and another corner. Soon, she was at the place where Hermione told her to meet up after class. The library. She have loads of story to tell to Hermione before heading the common room.

She looked around and saw Hermione sitting alone at the vacant table. Y/n went behind her, slowly creeping up to scare her.

"I know that you're here, y/n," sighed Hermione.

Y/n huffed and took the seat in front of her.

"Is there something you can't do? Ms. I-know-everything?"

"I can smell your perfume far away from here," replied Hermione, scrunching her nose. The perfume of y/n wasn't bad. It smells like you're in a garden and fairies are flying around you. If heaven was a scent then y/n would smell like that.

"Okay.. Okay."

Hermione slowly nodded at her and paid her attention back to what she was writing. Y/n was wondering why she was here if Hermione is just going to ignore her. Well, she really couldn't blame Hermione because she was a nerd after all— in a good way of course.

"What are you writing, by the way?" asked y/n, taking a glimpse of her work, which Hermione covered her parchment with a book on top of it.

"Secret," Hermione said in a whisper.

"Okay..." said y/n, making a long pause after the one word. "I have to tell you something."

Six words. Those six words are horrifying and annoying at the same time because you don't know what will be the outcome of that. Would be it a good new news? Bad news? Or maybe it was just a prank so that Hermione can pay attention to her best friend.

"What?" Hermione pushed aside her things.

"You know Professor Moody right? I may have or not accused him for..."

"For what?"

"Being a follower of you-know-who," y/n looked both left and right, hoping that no one would hear their conversation.

Hermione gave her an unbelievable look. She knew that a professor couldn't be possibly a death eater. But then, she questioned herself why would y/n think about that?

"And why did you accused him for that?"

"Listen to me, remember where Harry was accused of putting his name in the goblet of fire? Well, it was Moody himself who put the name in," she explained in a slight whisper. Hermione listened but she did not get any of this. She even thought that y/n wasn't making any sense at all.

"Why would he do that then?" asked Hermione, wanting to learn more about this so-called-theory of y/n.

"Don't you get it? If he did that, it could only mean one thing. Moody was a part of set up plan with you-know-who. He put the name in so that Harry can meet up with the Dark Lord at the last task," explained y/n, all making sense to her, but not for Hermione. Hermione began to question herself whether to think that her friend was being delusional or maybe she was right. Lastly, she was curious why y/n would know things like these.

"I get your point, but how are you so sure that Professor Moody was the one who put Harry's name in?"

The question of Hermione struck y/n hard. She remembered the day before the second task. She was with Neville and Professor Moody that time.

Moody told everything that y/n had to deliver the news to her father about that he already put the name in and you-know-who is going to be back— well, he did not specifically told y/n about him, but y/n finally put two and two together.

And that was also the day where she was almost obliviated by her teacher. Good thing, y/n managed to block that spell and manage herself to get out of that place.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" asked Hermione, scooting a bit closer to her. Hermione knew that there's something wrong about her, and it's not going to end up well. They've been together all the time and she knew how y/n would act whenever she's lying. She would always look down and then her eyes will stare at some random things.

"Well... I wanted to tell you about everything, but I need to confirm one thing. That's why I need the journal from Harry," y/n slowly explained to Hermione.

"The journal? The one that we made?"

Y/n nodded. The journal was only made for emergency, not just a journal to play around with. And if she told Harry that she needs that journal to confirm one thing, then trio have to check it out because it was an emergency after all.

The only reason why y/n needs that, it is because she wanted to confirm if her father was in this plan all along. Being a death eater. Lastly, talking with the Dark Lord. The image of her father and the Dark Lord made her shiver even though she haven't met him in person.

"Yes..."

Hermione took a deep long breath, containing herself to explode with anxiety. First, she's dying to know about what Harry is going to tell them and then what's next? Y/n's theory? The last thing she wanted to hear is another theory from Ron.

After the conversation at the library, the two girls ran, looking for Ron and Harry. The pair took a sharp turn and another left, finally bumping into the boys.

"Hey," Ron breathed out, still panting the fact he and Harry ran just to find those two girls. Hermione and y/n also did the same thing.

"We need to tell you something."

Harry and y/n spoke at the same time. Being the gentleman he was, Harry insisted to let y/n go first, but y/n told him it's okay because after all he was the first one who told them that he is going to tell a story, which they still don't have a clue about what would it be.

"It's okay, you go on Harry," smiled y/n, waving her hand in front of him. Harry nodded and continued his story whilst they made their way to the gryffindor tower.

"Okay.." said Harry, "So, earlier, I wanted to tell you that something is weird about one of our teacher and that is, Professor Moody."

When Harry mentioned the name of Professor Moody, both Hermione and y/n perked up. It was mostly Hermione that was shocked by this. If she heard that Professor Moody was a death eater, then y/n would be right.

"What about him?" asked y/n, pretending that she didn't have any clue about this.

"He's Barty Crouch Jr. A death eater," said Harry, while Hermione and Ron gasped. Ron never thought in his entire life in this school that a death eater was teaching him Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"I knew it that there's something fishy around him," scoffed Ron, "I thought he was an ordinary teacher, but then we are all bloody wrong."

"The night fighting with-" Harry said, but Hermione cut him off by pointing at y/n's direction. The trio knew that night was awful, not only because Harry met the most evil powerful wizard. But that night... Cedric died.

As for Harry, it was more than death happened that night. He saw and heard someone. Someone familiar. He knew that face. He knew that surname. And he has this weird feeling churning inside his stomach. He wanted to ask y/n, but he knew that y/n would be either shock or scared.

He wanted to tell this to y/n, but he can't, not because he's coward. Because he don't want this question to be burden on her.

"Look after her, will you?" Cedric asked Harry, who only nodded at him right before finishing the duel with Voldemort.

"Harry? Are you even listening?" asked Ron, waving his hand in front of Harry's face.

"No, why?"

"Hermione here, told you that she'll be getting the journal later," answered Ron.

Harry narrowed his eyes, "What for?" he asked. Y/n tensed up, if Harry let her borrow the journal later then she's not prepared at all, unraveling the mask behind her father's facade.

"It's for y/n," replied Hermione.

"Y/n have an emergency?" Ron asked with concern lingered in his voice. "Is everything alright?"

Over the past few months, Ron and y/n grew fondness of each other. If Harry and Hermione was nowhere to be seen in the common room. The two of them would talk endless topics of dragons and all the muggle stuff that his father would love to collect. One time, they even search the whole library about rubber ducks— without Harry and Hermione of course.

During that day, it showed how the two of them could be a great team competing a game against the other two. In Ron's mind, he knew that they could defeat them or at least that's what he thought.

"Uh, no. There's no emergency. I'm just feeling sentimental... I wanted to take a look back the moment I shared with Ced- it's okay if you don't want to," said y/n. She knew that it was bad to use the name of Cedric, but for now she needs some answers.

On the other hand, Hermione looked at her as if y/n grown another head. She nudge y/n by the elbow, who only ignored Hermione and waited for Harry's response.

"If that is what makes you happy... Then yes," replied Harry. Y/n squealed and hugged him.

Shortly after, the four went back in the common room. Harry had left to get the journal for y/n.

"Are you sure that everything's alright?" Ron asked for the millionth time.

"Yes, I'm fine, Ron. Thank you for asking," smiled y/n, squeezing his hands.

"Then we'll go search again at the library?" asked Ron. As soon y/n heard that she laughed very hard whilst Hermione was there not having a clue why y/n was laughing hard.

Y/n knew what he was referring to and it was the time they went to the library looking a book about rubber ducks. They wanted to ask Harry and Hermione, but they were too embarrassed.

Soon, Harry came in with a book in his hand. This is the first time that they will ever use the book. It was rather exciting to finally use their first invention.

"Here you go..." said Harry, making the letter 'o' sound very long. He handed it over to y/n, who took the journal and dusted off the dirt.

"What's our password again?"

"Tempux edax rerum." and with that the journal was unlocked.

The story that she'd been dying to know is about to burst.

***
hey loves!

Exams is finally over and guess what that means? More updates! Yippie! I'm terribly sorry that I've been completely MIA for five or six days ago (?). Well, enough of that, I hope that you liked this chapter.

Recently, I've been more stressed out, but seeing all of the notifications (votes, reads, etc.) from this book makes me so happy! Thank you everyone!

Take care of yourself and have a magical day ahead! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 3.5K 90
Meet Y/n potter Black, the secret chosen one, the girl who fell in love with a Malfoy. Learning secrets along the way, and falling prey to love, will...
661K 16.3K 27
Y/N L/N and her mom are moving to Avonlea after her father had passed away. When she arrives her whole life will change, starting with the boy she fe...
291K 14.9K 29
❝You'd have to be crazy to love me❞ // ❝Good thing they call me the Mad Hatter, then❞ ✯ Louis Partridge x Reader ✯ After escaping her boarding scho...
672K 16.8K 36
When a girl arrives in the Glade, it's shocking, to say the least. As things begin to regulate, Alby makes certain that no one grows close to the new...