Can't Stop Me (Sick!Deku AU)

By Angelbellz

Izuku Midoriya was born an adventerous, cheerful child. He became friends with Katsuki Bakugo when they were... More

Quirks
A Promise
Suspension
Middle School
Sludge
Wake Up
Exam
Meeting Ururaka
Lunch Break
Mr Yagi
What's A Dad?
TA
Unforeseen Situation Joint
First Encounter With Villains
So Cold
Steps
Ka-Bear
Visitation
Shitty Hair
The Sport's Festival
It Wasn't A Win
Meeting Place
Izuku's Thoughts
Uncle Noritaka
Sushi
Shut Up
The Truth
Boyfriends
Perfect Day
Too Familiar
Breathe
Plan

Talk

4.2K 131 248
By Angelbellz

Bakugo Katsuki

A light hit my eyelids out of nowhere, how fucking annoying. I tried to put my arm over my eyes but it got caught on something, also annoying. Reluctantly I woke up and looked around, this isn't my room?

"Kacchan?" Deku? Oh, right...he woke up and I slept in the room with him. I looked over towards his voice and almost screamed at how close we were, he was still asleep and out noses were touching.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit-

I sat up quickly and got off of his bed as quietly as I could. How did we end up that close? I remember I went to sleep on the chair why was I in bed with him?! Never a-fucking-gain.

Ms. Midoriya was still asleep in the other chair, what time is it? I plugged my phone in against the wall last night and put it on the window sill so it should still be there. I turned it on looked at the displayed numbers, 7:56? Damn, that's early.

If I leave before Deku wakes up he'll think I flaked on him so I'd better wait. Plus dad probably isn't awake anyway and he's the one I need to speak to. Well, I guess I should just get dressed? It's not a school day so I just brought my favorite black shirt with its skull design and some jeans.

I can't change in the open, I mean I've changed in front of Deku before but I'd never change in front of a chick asleep or not. That's another thing I need to talk to dad about, chicks. I think I might be broken or some shit, all these dudes talk about is girls but they just don't do it for me.

Whatever I can change in the bathroom attached to the room. I grabbed my clothes and locked myself in it, hospital bathrooms look weird. There are railings everywhere and the shower has three different seats, my mom would love it she hates standing in the shower. It's cuz she's such an old witch.

I don't usually wear a shirt when I sleep but since I slept here I did, it was red with buttons. I took my time unbuttoning it, I break my buttons a lot by hurrying. Then I pulled my shirt on, it's wrinkly which is ugly but whatever.

I finished getting dressed and looked into the mirror, my hair looks too flat. I pulled at it until it looked perfect and then gathered my pajamas and went back into the main room. I stashed my pajamas in the bag I'd brought and then got my toothbrush, toothpaste, and the other shit.

If you don't take care of your teeth you're dumb, germs will eat your enamel and kill you. You have to murder them first! Usually, I brush after I eat but since I woke up so early I don't feel like eating and I don't want to forget to murder the germs.

Back in the bathroom, I began my oh so familiar routine of dental care. Here's how you murder those fucking germs, you have to count 60 seconds for your top teach and bottom teeth and you have to use circular motions not back and force. Make sure you do the front of the teeth, the top, and the back and rotate from brushing the one side of your mouth's teeth to the front teeth to the other side. After 60 seconds of brushing the top row do the same thing on the bottom. Then at the end do a quick brush for the teeth most visible throughout the day so they're extra white, everybody's a little vain.

Then floss! Go between every tooth and really work it, you don't want any gunk leftover because fuck them germs! After flossing I use mouthwash but I read somewhere that they aren't that important. I like to feel like my mouth is on fucking fire because it proves the germs were eradicated.

Alright, all done. When I returned to the main room Deku was waking up, his waking up face has been the exact same ever since we were kids. I put my dental stuff away and he looked my way, "Mornin Kacchan."

"Morning Deku," I packed the rest of my bag and looked at him, "Well you survived the night. Listen, I need to go talk to my dad about some stuff. You gonna be alright alone?" Deku looked a little pale but that's to be expected.

"Y-Yeah," He used the buttons on his bed to sit up and covered his mouth when he yawned, "Yeah I need to talk to my mom privately anyway." He didn't elaborate but I knew he was going to ask about Ms. Midoriya's talk with the doctor yesterday that lasted about half an hour.

"Cool," I went to his bed and fucked with his hair, "See you later, nerd. No dying on me, you got that?"

Deku whined and when I left his hair alone he began 'fixing' it as if there was even a way to fix that mess. He gave up and then held up the bear, "I can't die when he's with me, remember?" He smiled and I flicked his forehead.

"Yeah yeah," We said our goodbyes and I left the room. I texted dad saying we needed to talk and then noticed another notification in my texts, the fuck? It's a group chat labeled 'Baku Squad' those idiots, that's why Kirishima got my phone number.

I clicked on it and read the names in the chat, they were all nicknamed but I'm sure I can figure it out since they're all dumb. I'm named Explody, whoever did that is going to get killed. 'HardBoi'[ must be Kirishima, 'Pikachu' has got to be Dunce Face, then there's 'Flex Tape' which I guess is Soy Sauce Face, and that leaves 'PrincessBubblegum' as Raccoon Eyes.

Explody: Whoever nicknamed me in this is going to die on Monday.

HardBoi: That doesnt sound very heroic dude

Explody: stfu

PrincessBubblegum: Oh he MAD mad

Explody: You'll die too.

I left it at that and shoved my phone into my pocket, they can get fucked. I'll find out who did my nickname later, all I have to do is scroll up, right? They're going to die. I don't even care to fix it even though I could, I'm not sure what I would change it to anyway.

The hospital Deku is staying at is a small walk from UA and I have to take a train to get to my house so obviously I need to get a train. When I first started using the trains I got confused and lost a lot, it pissed me off. But my parents travel a lot so I just had them show me how to use the maps and now it's easy.

I found the line that would take me home and hopped onto the train when it arrived, train stations are weird for the same reason airports and hotels are. You just get a weird feeling when you're at them, there's no past for those places only a present and an infinite future. When I was a kid I had to travel when my parents did so airports and hotels are familiar to me but they're still so different, now I just stay home alone.

I stood for the entire ride since other people need the seats and then exited when it announced our arrival at Musutafu, our hometown isn't a small one but Deku lives in a more suburban part of it while I live in the heart of the city. Mom and dad need to live close to the action for their work so I've gotten used to walking through big cities while Deku still struggles.

I got my key out when I found my place, it's right next door to a huge clothing store that sells some of my parents' designs. I opened the door and then locked it once I'd gone inside, kicking my shoes off and dropping my bag on the floor next to the door. Mom and dad were extreme about always locking the door, they were always afraid somebody would break in and steal their work.

"Katsuki you'd better not be leaving your shit at the door!" The old hag shouted from somewhere, how can she even hear a bag falling on the ground?! Fucking witch!

"I'll get it later!" I shouted back, she began screaming like a banshee but I ignored her and peeked into the dining room. Dad is always in the dining room or living room when he has downtime.

Dad looked up from his newspaper when he noticed me and smiled, "Hey there kiddo. You wanted to talk to me?" He could hear mom shouting and he laughed, "You two are already at it this early?"

"It's not my fucking fault," I replied and took the seat in front of him, "But yeah I do wanna talk to you. Just make sure the bitch can't come in I don't want her hearing..."

"Don't talk about your mother like that," Even though his words sounded stern dad's just too much of a pushover to enforce anything. He took his phone out and began typing, "Alright there. She won't come in now."

"Good," I looked at him and then realized this wasn't going to be easy. It's not like I prepared words to tell him, I have a lot I want to figure out but I don't have a way to explain them. It's not just one emotion either it's a few of them, I don't like it. Plus it is dad, he looks like a cross between a potato and a poodle. How can I talk to him openly about some of this shit?

"Kid," Dad always calls me a variant of kid or kiddo, I get surprised when he uses my name. He also has a nice smile I guess, "Just start talking. It gets easier after you start, I promise." He took his glasses off of his face and put it in the pocket of his shirt, he always did this to like take away the barrier between his eyes or something. I dunno.

Well, just start is what he said. Right, "So...like, it's fucking weird. Um...it's, well, ok, Deku, yeah?" Jesus this is awkward as hell, "He makes me feel something like anger but not anger." That didn't make sense, "Like when I'm angry my face gets hot and shit and that's what happens. Also sometimes I get angry at him when I'm not angry at him."

"Angry but not angry," Dad repeated thoughtfully, "Maybe you're just missing what that anger actually is. Usually, anger has a secondary emotion under it, like when you and your mother yell and scream at each other I can tell that's just how you tell each other that you care. You sound angry but neither of you are upset, right? So what could that other emotion be? Think about when you feel it, that should help."

When do I feel it? Well, with mom I only yell at her when she tells me to do stuff but she only tells me to do stuff when I need to. Like the bag, I have to put it away eventually so she was just telling me to do it then so I won't have to do it later because she was thinking about me and my time. So with Deku, "The most important time I remember feeling that way was when I tried to make him not get permission to go to the USJ but he didn't listen and I felt angry but I wasn't angry with him but like...his decision I guess?"

"You didn't want him to get permission because you were afraid he'd get hurt during training, right?" I nodded when dad asked that and he seemed content, "Don't you think you were just concerned and didn't know how else to handle that emotion?"

"I-" Was I concerned? I guess...I was. Plus when the USJ attack happened I flipped my lid about finding him and when he started coughing I also screamed at that Half n Half bastard, "I think so. But what about the other one? Like um, yesterday Deku kissed the top of this dumb bear I got him when we were kids and my face got hot."

"Oh that," Dad chuckled and it made me mad, was he laughing at me? He didn't continue for a moment before he asked, "So Katsuki, do you like girls?"

"What the fuck?!" I was going to ask him about that shit but what the fuck was he bringing it up for?! And he didn't even answer my fucking question!

"Come on, squirt," His smile was pissing me off now, "Think about it. It'll help me help you answer the last question."

"Fuck you," I replied and he just continued to smile. Dad's the weirdest motherfucker I've ever met, you can insult him to high heaven and he'll just keep smiling, "But I was gonna talk about that so whatever..." He looked surprised, stupid, "I guess I...don't? I mean I like girls but I don't...like, I think they can be pretty sometimes but I don't think I could ever kiss one or do...uh...other shit."

My face heated again, this is such a stupid conversation to have with my father. Dad didn't seem bothered though, "So you don't think you could ever be in a relationship with a girl, right?" I don't know why but that made me feel...weird. I pulled one foot up onto the chair and put my chin on it, "It's not odd, Katsuki. It's normal, really." He used my real name.

I think I've felt this emotion before when I wasn't strong enough to protect Deku from the sludge villain. Why am I feeling it now? Back then it was my fault because I was too weak but it's not my fault that I don't like girls, right? So what is this...shame?

"Here," Dad turned his newspaper around and pointed to a photo that was fucking mangled from the ink, it looks like an inkblot, "I know it's not great but it's a photo of an event from last week. Do you think you like boys, Katsuki?"

I read the caption of the photo first to understand what this event was, some kind of pride thing? That's...alright? I don't know I could never do anything like that, "I don't know?"

"Well, maybe think about that. Then it can help you with how you feel about Izuku, alright?" Dad seems to know a lot about this but he won't tell me the answers, what a fucking bitch.

"Fine," Dad took his newspaper back and put his glasses on, I got up to put my bag in my room.

Do I like dudes? No no no, I'm not gay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 4K 25
More than anything in the world, Izuku wanted to be a hero. He didn't really know what sparked this desire; maybe it was because he wanted to prove h...
70.9K 2.2K 35
Izuku was known to be an only child who was born with no quirk. Despite this set back he still aimed to be a hero, but no one believed in him. No one...
452K 10.7K 49
Izuku hated his life. He hates school to how distant his mother is from him. Ever since that day, a year after getting told he was quirkless, it's be...
14K 333 22
Izuku midoriya was a happy child with a wonderful mother and had a nice group of friends but when he turned 4 he got his quirk and it only went downh...