In Too Deep Slippery Waters;

By StephanieEgberike

Anikka George is heartbroken because of the death of her father who had died in a plane crash leaving her h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter 11
Chapter Twelve
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
Chapter 15
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
CHAPTER TWENTY

Twenty-One

1.2K 33 32
By StephanieEgberike

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

*

''The fxxk!!!'' David exclaims as his hand goes to his mouth and the other one rests on his waist, 

''You fxxking asshole!''  Kelvin shakes his head in disbelief as he goes to Lucas and then grabs him in a tight hug 

Lucas smiles touching his head to Kelvin ''If i didn't know better, i would say you missed me, maybe even loved me''

''Fxxk you!'' Kelvin laughs hugging him some more before pulling away and then staring at his face, then his body ''Luc?'' He calls his name in disbelief as though his eyes were seeing things.

''In the flesh!'' he says 

David comes to him, grabbing his face and without warning he gives him a loud kiss on his forehead , then they hug ''You scared us man- we thought you were dead,  it fxxked us up , legit it did. Damn Lucas, how the hell are you still alive? They said they shot you to your death and you bled out. How did you survive, how did you get away from them- what happened?'' David turns Lucas to him, scantily runs a hand over his chest, waist, side..

Lucas grimaces in pain as he moves away..

A gap escapes from Anikka's lips, she still stood, having backed away from the door in disbelief and shock, she stood with her hand covering her mouth as silent tears leave her eyes.

''Shit! Do you need to go to the hospital, is it that bad? You shouldn't be walking around, here come sit-'' David tries to pull him to a chair, he shakes his head 

''I am fine, it would heal- hopefully'' he smiles quietly

''Glad you are alive man, really!'' Kelvin nods as they shake hands 

Lucas turns to Anikka, David and Kelvin follow his eyes, they go quiet

''Hey!'' Lucas takes a step closer to her, his chest suddenly felt tight for no reason, his voice catches in his chest, ''Ani-''

''Lucas, oh my God you- you are alive!'' she sobs as her body gives way to tears

''Fxxk! Come here princess?'' he made for her

She half-runs into his arms, Lucas ignores his pain and injuries and then lifts her, grabbing her tight and lets her squeeze him back. 

He lets her cry as he held her, cooing softly to her to calm her down.

''I thought i lost you!'' She cried, her entire body shook with the tears, it vibrated as each sob left her body

''I am stuck on you like glue babe, that would be pretty hard though, considering my glue is fxxking hard proof..'' he chuckles 

''Making a joke right now? Really!'' she continues to cry in his arms, squeezing him tight that he could hardly breathe, he didn't let go of her still

He chuckles ''I am sorry babe- '' he releases her and then stares at her,  he wipes her eyes with both hands, then he smiles sweetly ''You know, i never knew i could make a girl cry over me like this though like..did i do something right in my life cause nothing makes sense''

Puzzled, she sniffs ''What are you saying?''

''I am saying that - you - crying, and stuff about me, its because you care about me and i cannot imagine what you must be going through thinking i was dead. You know when i got shot, the fading thoughts in my head was - who is going to protect you now that i am dying because i legit thought i was dying. I mean i knew my guys would protect you with all that they have and that is because they know you mean the world to me but yet, in that moment i felt helpless and seeing you screaming and crying and trying to reach out to me and you couldn't broke my heart . And i prayed to God, silently that if i die- he should position people there for you to help you. I never prayed a day in my life but i did for you- in that few seconds before i blanked out not knowing what could happen. How i survived it? I have no idea, how i had the strength to keep going i have no idea but what i woke up it was a refuelled desire to protect you with all that i have and bring those who are out to hurt you to book and i would do it even if it kills me.  '' Anikka's tears didn't stop, he wipes them again ''Anikka, i never want to see you this devastated over me, ever. I don't want to ever see you get hurt or harmed, ever, not while i still breathe. I have never really fought for anything in my life but right here, right now i am telling you i would fight for your happiness, your safety and your peace of mind and if i have to take down bad guys who are all out to hurt you and those you love,  i would do that without a heart beat- this i promise you'' he says looking into her eyes with both hands on her face ''Everything is going to be okay, i promise you. I probably didn't die for a reason, so i would be breaking down doors to ensure no one is going to hurt you again and plus, i would be ridding the city of some scum off the earth so it's a win-win.'' he wipes her tears ''But these tears?'' he shakes his head ''I only want you to share them when you are happy, it should always always be happy tears, not of sadness, not of pain, not of any other thing but happiness, okay?''

She nods 

''Come here'' he hugs her to himself. she hugs him back

''I don't want to ever loose you-'' she sniff into his arms ''I don't want to ever loose you, ever!!''

He places kisses to her forehead, saying nothing but wrapping his arms around her ''I am here, i'll always be where you want me to and as long as you want me to''

They stay like that for a few minutes

''Er guys, in as much that we love to see this but we have major problems in our hands so we need to tackle it'' Kelvin says tapping Lucas's shoulders and breaking them apart.

''Yeah'' Lucas says  dropping his hands to Anikka's hand, her entwines his with hers

''But how did you know where to find us?'' David asks

Lucas smiles ''I went by your houses, in disguise ofcourse, then the office, but i remember how we listed out our safe house to each other just incase. Out of the three of us, there is one we never never use except for rare circumstances- and its listed under my name. We each keep a key in a safe outskirts of town. Key was the only one not in the safe so i drove all the way here- knowing that if you guy wanted to protect someone that cares for me, it would be here so---'' he trails off pulling Anikka down beside him, rubbing her arms

'Your injuries?'' she asks worried trying to touch his body to see it, he stops her, he shakes his head

''I am fine, nurse Kim stitched me up- she also told me you guys had Anikka''

Kelvin smiles ''I guess when you do a good deed for someone, you never know when they come back to repay you- Nurse Kim was the one you and Leister helped out with her operation one time when she wasn't covered financially for it right?''

'Oh?'' Anikka exclaims, Lucas nods

''Yes''

''And here you speak about not doing good in your life, how modest'' she smiles down at him

''Was just helping'' he says  grimacing in sight pain, worried Anikka looks at him

''You should rest'' she gets up trying to pull him up, he shakes his head ''Later, '' he kisses her hand and then stare at her ''You should rest'' 

''No- i am not leaving your sight, ever''

''You won't, but you need to rest, tomorrow is a another day and i need you well rested okay''

''Are you chasing you me right now?'' a shocked expression appeared on her face

''Yep- go shower, would come to you in a bit, need to talk to the guys, please''

''But i need to know what you guys are going to plan and -''

''No babe, you need to be kept safe, please'' 

She is reluctant to move, 

''Please babe, i just need to talk to the guys that's all'' he pleaded

She nods ''Okay'' then leaves them to talk

''Sure you good man?'' David asks worried

''Yeah'' he looks at the door she entered through, once she shuts the door he turns to them ''Okay guys, this is what we are going to be doing.''

''You got a plan?'' Kelvin asks

''Damn right i have. We know what they are after? The original documents to Anikka's father's properties, liquid and asset, home and approved and power of attorney to his fiances an his company and once they get hands on it, with Anikka's signatures transferring power of attorney to them, thy would kill her and that's the reason for all this. So we have to ensure even Anikika has no idea where it is''

''Wait, isn't she meant to know though?' David rubs his jaw

''She not knowing has kept her alive till now, and i intend keeping it this way. They might kidnap her again but they can torture her all they want but they can never get that information out of her cause she doesn't know. The most dangerous thing is having her know where it is and she being available to sign when forced, so it's better she has no idea- we just need to protect her more so that never get to kidnap her again.''

''But you are with the documents?''

Lucas nods, rising he removes it from the back of his shirt ''I would drop this in  location and would send coordinates to us three just incase something happens to me''

''Dude come on'' David and Kelvin exclaims

''No really, - just incase but that's besides what's important now'' he points to the document ''If everything goes south and we have this document and Anikka and i have to choose? i will pick her over this''

''What are you saying?'' David is curious, trying to understand

''It means just incase for some reason we can't fxxk up all the bad guys, i rather we keep her safe and pick her over her father's legacy, in time, no matter how long she can build her own empire or come back and take hers- she is more important than properties both in asset and liquid''

''I feel you man.'' Kelvin nods 

''Yes, so i want this out of the way.''

David nods

''So what are we going to do with the original documents, how are we going to take this bad guys down. Because every damn person is after her, the board of directors, the circle of brothers, and now that we have a new chief on board Gregory, i would't be surprised if he would be bought'' David says referring to the deputy chief of police who took over from Geti Richards

''Yeah'' Kelvin rubs his jaw ''What do you want us to do?''

''I am going to go snooping in the bank, then at the company.. i need to know what's going on. Now that Teneka Lorde is dead, i need to know what's going on on the  inside. Plus the government is still thinking to make a drop for Anikka's father last i checked, but i do not know if by now news should have reached them concerning Anikka's supposed kidnapped, hopefully they would hold off paying money if they are made aware-''

''What if someone reaches out to them, they might use that to their advantage'' Kelvin wanted to know

''That's why i need to get the scoops to see if any one is being smart. I know for certain Gapon Gilles and Mark would want to milk this to their advantage, no Teneka or Anikka to block them from the inside , so first things first, come morning, would take a stroll down there''

''Alright, what do we do?''

Lucas smiles ''Tomorrow would be an eventful day people, but i need you both to do this'' he leans closer and made plans with them.

*

Gapon Gilles's phone was buzzing, he turns on his side and then picks the call 

''Speak to me'' he answers, seeing who the caller was

''We made it look like a robbery Sir'' the voice said ''Your kids are pretty shaken up''

Gapon rubs his eyes ''My kids weren't hurt were they?''

''No Sir, we locked them in the room and took her out to the toilet, one shot to the head, she hit her head to the tub, died before contact. We found some documents she had in a safe, apparently she was going to use that as leverage if you had come for her. We burned them''

''Good''

Silence

''Would you want to speak to the kids  though, they are asking of you. We came in later on dressed as cops, telling them a neighbour called us in hearing screams, they bought it. We have them in  make-shift private station. We asked for a relative's number and they gave me yours''

Gapon nods sitting up, '' Put them on the phone''

''Yessir''

Silence,

''Daddy?'' his daughter's voice came on, soaked with emotion and she could hardly breathe ''They killed mummy, the bad guys killed mummy'' she wailed

''It's okay baby, it's okay. I will get whoever did this i promise, okay. How is your brother?''

''He is in shook daddy, he was the one who found her first in the bathroom, shot in the head, her skull shattered, i think she hit her head. Blood everywhere and...'' she trails off, sobbing loudly ''The police took us out of the house so they can do some investigation. We didn't see their faces daddy -- we didn't see the bastards who killed mummy. Daddy, you have got to do something- you have'' she wailed

''It's okay....i swear it on your mother's , i will. Okay, i would talk to the officer and i would book the first flight out to you both. For now, you would go to your grandmother's okay?''

''Yes daddy''

''Give your brother the phone '' he says

''Dad wants to talk to you'' his daughter says, a moment later, he heard his son's voice

''Dad?''

''You have to be strong now for your sister okay? Right now, over there she got only you so you have to play the big brother okay. Those bad men took your mother, i swear it that i would ensure your mother get's justice okay?''

''Yes'' he could barely hear him 

''I have booked flights to go be with your grandmother, do everything the police officers as you to okay? Don't panic, you both would be fine okay?''

''Yes Dad'' he son says, he could hear him sniff.

''Give the officer the phone and stay with your sister. Do whatever the officer tells you okay. You would be with your grandmother soon. Okay?''

''Yes Dad'' his son says before passing the phone to the officer

''Sir?''

''Are you close to the kids?''

''I just stepped outside''

''Good, take them to their grandmothers. Give them the same sob story as regards my wife's death. Tell them the authorities are taking care of it to be the murder's to book. ''

''Yes sir''

''Good'' Gapon Gilles cuts the call and then gets up from the bed, he stares out the window, his thoughts occupied. Not of his dead wife he had sent men to kill, not of his children and the state they might be in, not on his wife's family on how they would take the news of their daughter's death. His wife was on Anikka and wondering who might have had her.

''It didn't makes sense. She couldn't just disappear from the earth just like that. By tomorrow he would find out if the new chief of police had had any clue as to where she is and who took her. This wasn't fun anymore. By tomorrow, the buys would be all up in his face again, he had no intention of telling them a lie again. it would be better if he got everything under control - and the only way he can is if he got his hands on both Anikka and the original document, then he can literally fxxk everyone up including Mark.

He smiles, he needed to sleep as he turns back to his bed. Tomorrow would be an eventful day with all the plans he had made- 

He sleeps off immediately.

*

Albetta is parked outside their office. 

Since she got here, there was no sign of life. It was understandable that it was late. No one was expected to be in their officers past midnight but it didn't matter, she was going to wait.

After waiting an hour, she leaves her car and then walks to the door, taking a pin from her hair and looking left and right to make sure there was no sign of life, she breaks into the office and then searches for any clue as to where she could have Anikka hidden.

The nurse, whom the homeless lady called nurse Kim  had told her that she had been the one to help Anikka leave the hospital.  She had called the late body'guards Colleagues and had handed Anikka to them. 

But no one knew this but her, everyone assumes that the circle of brothers had her, well they were meant to, but Telma who the circle of brothers had sent only got there too late and she got the wrong person. 

She smiles, she had no regrets killing Telma. It was she and the others from the circle of brothers that killed her sons with Anikka and her bodyguard as long as she was concerned, so each and everyone else was going to pay- everyone of them.

For now, she needed to find Anikka, then when she has the money and luxury, she would kill everyone else for the death of her sons. Tickle wasn't part of whom she considers son. His death meant nothing to her.

She brings out her mini torch and began to scan the office, looking through files on the table, trying to pull open drawers that was locked tight.

She stays there for an hour, finding nothing useful, she arranges the office and then returns to her car outside. 

She dozes off.

*

Roberto and Pascil are standing with a group of men. It is late, but they are talking in hushed voices.

''Any sign as to who took her out?'' Roberto asked?

Pascil shakes his head ''We found her dead body, must have been out cold for a few hours. No sign of struggle''

''And the homeless lady?''

''No sign of her''

Roberta rubs his jaw '' So technically, we have a  man down who was supposed to kill Albetta with his dick dangling. No sign of Albeta, Telma dead with no footprint of who had gunned her down, no Anikka and the original documents and a dozen of her father's board members no where to be found. Is there something we are missing? Because it all seems as though we are all getting fxxked up under our noses like as though someone is trying to wipe us out.''

Pascil is frowning ''Maybe Albeta might be behind it, afterall her sons are dead, she got nothing to lose right now, she might be on a revenge spree don't you think?''

''Possibly, but then again, Albeta can't be stupid enough to come for us, it's like a suicide mission''

''Then explain Telma's death. No one knows she with the circle of brothers  aside us- plus, Telma was tasked to get Anikka but lost her bringing in another, the question is- who switched Anikka. Second question is, who knew where to find Telma in the safe house? Only one who is part of circle of brothers knew about that safe house and the only person who has gone rogue now is Albeta, do you see why Albeta might be a problem to us and why she may very well be the reason of our down fall?'' Pascil states

''What do we do? We are getting thinner by the day and i do not think its safe to have meetings in the pub no more.'' One of the men suggests

Everyone nods in agreement.

''First things first put an eye out on Albeta, we take her down if you see her, ask no questions ''Roberta instructs  to the men , they not

''And Anikka?'' Pascil wanted to know

''We need to find out who has her. Go by the company tomorrow see if you can get anything. Now that we know she has no lawyer and bodyguard, she would be easier to break''

''She has new P.Is, you saw them over the news'' Another man states

''Yes, look them up, see if you can find anything on them- we need to fish her out. We do not have time to be messing around. If they have her, they may be hiding out, so we fish them. Don't they have families we can leverage? No friends, pets, anything?''

Pascil and the others laughs ''Pets? Really?''

''Do i look like i am joking. All i am saying is find Anikka, it's starting to look like a fxxking circus''

'' What if we have more people against us than we assume?''

''Like who? The cops? Geti Richards is dead, and his men are probably underground. You think the new chief of police can be bought? If he can good, let's approach him so we have the law on our side. Who else can be up against the circle of brothers? We put anyone down. Remember, our priority is finding Anikka and getting what we want, we kill anyone else standing in our way, whoever they are. We haven't come this far for a girl to cause us this much trouble when her father was a simpler kill''

Pascil shrugs '' Fine then.'' he turns to the others '' You heard him, tomorrow, we go hunting''

They nod in agreement .

*

David has a frown on his face, staring at his phone

''Come check this Guys '' he says to him, Kelvin and Lucas come to him, bending to stare at his phone

'' Intruder?'' Lucas asks watching the live feed from their P.I office 

''Yup!'' David says zooming in to get the face ''Female, probably mid forties.''

Kelvin chuckles ''I didn't realise we had oldies who don't stay at home but go snooping around in people's offices'' he laughs turning away

Lucas leans closer ''Zoom in again on the face''

''You know her?''

Lucas rises as it dawns on him ''Albeta, the one whose sons were killed, Tickkle's mother.''

''Oh that's Albeta?''

''Yup.'' Lucas pulls away ''Hope there is nothing useful she can find?'' he stares at the guys

They smile at each other ''Other than files and pictures of random public information, nothing to worry about. ''

''Good'' Lucas straightens up and then yawns ''See you guys in the morning, first light''

''Good night'' David says, his eyes lights up ''say goodnight to Anikka for us''

''Fxxk you, dirty mudafxxkers!''

The guys laugh. He disappears through the door leaving the guys behind.

''You know he is inlove with her right?'' David states staring at Kelvin knowingly 

''Yeah, the fool doesn't even know it'' Kelvin sinks into the chair, ''Goodnight, eventful day tomorrow''

*

Lucas finds her sleeping, he stands over her bed for a few seconds staring at her. He leans in and places a kiss on her forehead 

He takes the documents and then slips it into a drawer. Getting up, he retrieves a waterproof waist protector and wraps it around his wound after taking off his shirt. He heads for the bathroom and shuts the door.

*

Anikka wakes up to hear the shower running, rising she makes her way to the bathroom to see him there.

She shuts the door and returns to the room.

*

Lucas finds her awake when he got back to the room.

''Did i wake you?'' he asks taking off the waterproof injury protector and tosses it into the bedside trash. He checks to see water didn't get to the bandage, it didn't. He had the towel wrapped around his waist, his hair damp, he runs his hand through his damp hair coming to her.

She nods , siting on the bed and staring at him ''No. Are you okay? Does it hurt?'' she points at his stomach. 

''Not really, unless i strain it'' he says nearing her and sitting on the bed. ''Why are you awake babe, are you okay? Did you have a bad dream or something?''

She shakes her head, instead she hugs him, letting her arms rest around his neck for a few minutes.

''Promise me something Lucas'' she says pulling away from him , searching his eyes

''What?'' he tugs a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

''You will never leave me again? You won't ever leave me the way my mum did, the way my father did, the way- tickkle did''

He sees her eyes water, he shakes his head , touching her face ''Anikka-''

''Promise me. You are the only one i have in my life right now, if anything were to happen to you now i would die. My heart cannot take it- i thought you were dead and i went out of my mind. Seeing you right now, sitting here with me - my heart want to explode out of joy. Promise Lucas, promise me you will never leave me'' she blinks, a tear drops, he wipes it, leaning in to kiss her wet cheeks

''I promise to keep you safe and if i die doing that, then so be it.''

''Promise me you will be safe for me Lucas. I don't care about me, not as much as i care about you. Please- if you have to choose between me and yourself, don't think about it, pick you and stay alive and -''

He stops her by placing his finger to her lips ''Don't! Don't you ever say that Anikka. Don't'' he shakes his head

''I cannot let you die for me Lucas. You have your life ahead of you, you had your life until i walked in and messed it up. Your friends are in danger, you are in danger and almost died. Teneka is dead. My dad  was murdered. I don't think anything is worth it. I cannot let you die for me. If you go like walk out that door, you and your friends i would understand. I won't hold it against you. I won't.'' Another tear drops ''I saw you this evening and i was so happy and scared and happy that i could only stand in shock. Now that you are here, i cannot even imagine if you aren't by my side anymore. I cannot see you die for me, - i want you to stay alive, go back to your job and have a good life. With all that's happening, whoever that is after me won't stop. They would get me one way or the other unless i give them what they want, my father's resources, asset and in value, i can't run away from them. But i can ensure that no one die for me again. Tickkle died because of me, Dr Lesiter and his father was almost killed for me, Teneka died because of me, your friends are at the line of crossfire because of me. You almost died too. I cannot allow anyone come to harm because of me. I am no one, my parents are dead, i am no one but a girl whose father was opportune to be rich and who have enemies. I have no one else, and God forbid i put more people in danger. I rather die than let anyone else die in my stead.''

''Ssshhh..'' he wipes the tears ''You have me, and God forbid i listen to you. What's wrong with you Anikka?'' he asks, searching her eyes as his heart constricts, both hands held her face as he moved closer to her ''You have no right to tell me to let go of you because bad guys are after you. You have no right to assume that we would just leave you to handle your business on your own. No Anikka, me being here and me fighting your battle with you is out of choice, it's because i want to protect..... to protect you'' he says , his eyes turns red, his voice lowers as he is suddenly swept over by emotions that just soon began to make clear sense. ''I am sorry i was not able to protect Ticckle. I am sorry i was not able to keep Teneka save. I am sorry for all you have had to go through since learning of the death of your father. I am sorry for not keeping you safe when they came for you and tortured you. I failed you and i am sorry''

''No'' she cries touching his face ''You protected me when you didn't have to. It was't about the money i offered you to bodyguard me''

''It has nothing to do with that anymore. I stopped body-guarding you and cared for you instead''

''I know, that's the thing. Others would have ran away seeing the evident danger yet you stay and almost died. I am no one, no one to you and yet-''

''You are everything to me Anikka. I may not have known it when you walked in that door the first day i saw you. I may not have realised it sooner, but right here, right now- you mean the world to me. When you got taken the first time, i went out of my mind thinking of what they must have done to you. Anikka, i swear it, no one would ever come close to hurting you ever again, not on my watch and even if anything happens to me-''

''No-''

''No Anikka,'' he is staring deep into her eyes, urging her to stare at him '' If anything happens to me, i want you to take the first flight out of here, the guys would help you. Forget every other thing and run- promise me this Anikka''

''What are you saying?'' her tears returns

''Because ...because i am inlove with you Anikka, i love you and i don't understand how it happened and i know right this moment, i am inlove with you and i rather die to keep you safe and away from this than to have you here and watch you die because i am not able to protect you if i lose sight for even a minute'' his heart was about to explode, he didn't care '' You mean everything to me, and i would fight your battles for you till my last breath but i need you to do as i say when it's all dark- run, safe yourself. You are most important. You are your father's daughter, you will rebuild your father's legacy and you would get all of this back. Protect yourself if i am no longer there to keep you safe and no one else is. Promise me'' he pleads

Her tears didn't stop, 

''Anikka!!!! Promise me my love!!'' he says kissing her cheeks and placing his head to hers ''Promise me''

''You are scaring me''

''No my princess, i just want you to be prepared for the worse. I will protect you with my life if i have to, but you need to be alive for me come what may. Promise me princess''

She nods wrapping her hands around him ''I promise i promise!!!'' she says crying ''I don't want to ever lose you. I can't lose you- i refuse to lose you. God i love you Lucas, i am so inlove with you'' she cries

''God Anikka!'' he kisses the whole of her face, and then her lips lightly, pulling away, she stops him by kissing him back, as though her life depended on it.

She leans into him, tears running down her cheeks kissing him deeply. Lucas pulls her closer to him as he kisses her back, with his arm by the small of her back, he pulls her even closer, Anikka lifts herself off the side of the bed she was sitting, crossing herself over him she wraps her legs around his waist as she lowers herself to his legs, kissing him softly, passionately and not coming up for air.

Wrapping his arm around her waist he kisses her back just as deeply, releasing his arms he grabs her bottom, squeezing gently and pulling her closer to him with his arms.

He lets his tongue trail over hers, kissing her cheeks, her jaw, her neck and then trails it to her shoulders. Anikka lowers head backwards to give him access to her shoulders and neck as Lucas continues to kiss her, trailing his fingers up and down her arm with the other knead her buttocks sotfly.

His lips returns to hers. Lucas drinks from her succulent lips, twirling his tongue with hers. A moan escapes from her lips, captured into his mouth. 

Lucas stirred underneath her, she grinds him slowly, feeling him aroused, hard beneath her core. She moaned into his lips, then kisses his jaw, nibbling his ear, letting her hands run over his chest as she grinds him slowly with her legs wrapped around him. Careful not to squeeze his tummy because of his wound, she releases her legs but continues to grind him, while their lips stay glued to each other.

Anikka felt warm between her core, and the more she kissed him, the more he caressed her  and the rising surge of  tingling between her legs had her moaning even more.

Lucas reaches for the thin strip of her lingerie, dropping it from her shoulders and kisses the spot which it laid. His head is rested between her breasts, he kisses her perky nipples through her lingerie, one after the other he pulls at them with his lips as Anikka aches towards him.

Caressing her, Lucas spreads his arms across her bottom, slipping his hands underneath her lingerie he drives it up, over her waist, her tummy and then over her firms breast, breaking off the kisses to take it above her head. Dropping the lingerie to the floor he captures a firm breast with his lips, sucking on her nipples while caressing his thumb with the other.

Anikka aches towards him, rising to her knees as she knelt on the bed still over him, to allow him kiss her effortlessly as he willed, letting his mouth suck on her nipples and have a feel of her breast as he desired. Closing her eyes to feel every vibration from her body, the heat radiating through her and his desire evident in the way he touched her.

She reached down, between her legs, tugging at the towel he had around his waist, he helped her by lifting himself up and pulls it down, to his feet. He returns to nibbling at her neck, cheeks, nipples and the finally back to kissing her sensually. He was hard, glistening at the tip, yet he was patient enough to tease her by reaching between her legs, caressing her thighs and then stops at her core, using his fingers he separates her lower lips, reaching for her spot, slowly be begins to draw slow circles. 

He held her firm with one hand, pressed against him, the other hand he continues to tease her; her moaning sounds increased, her hands digs into his shoulders as his circling increased in motion.

Warm, then he felt her legs shake, but he stop. Instead he lips one finger slowly into her, watching her bit her lips. He places his lips to her lips, holding her firmer as he sinks the second finger into her.

''Lucas'' she exclaims!

Lucas kisses his name off her lips, then he begins to go in and out with his fingers, while his thump begins to circle her clitoris giving her unimaginable pleasures shooting through body and aching to him even more.

Her juice slips through his fingers as he increased the tempo of his fingers and thumps, her mouth rests by his ears as she moans out her name, begging him to make love to her.

He doesn't stop, not until her breathing became aggressive, not even when her fingers dug into his skin deeper and her body vibrated with every stroke.

He didn't stop, not even when his hardness began to ache , not even when he couldn't continue watching her moan out her pleasure because he would be tempted to stop and make love to her.

He didn't stop stroking her till she screamed out his name, holding till tight and then came with his fingers inside her..

He kisses her slowly, sweetly and then smiles into her mouth when her breathing slowed down to normalcy.

''You are so beautiful, even when you cum''

She smiles, shyly ''You do things to me that i have never felt'' she says staring down at him. Her breast firmly rested on his face, he kisses one and then the other.

''I love to do that  to you and more'' he whispers before slowly turning her to lay on the bed, stroking her core, feeling the warmth of her wetness. He didn't stop caressing her

She closes her eyes, her breathing taking a different toll as desire begins to crawl through her toes  'Hmmm'' she moans

He kisses his lips, trails his tongue between her breast down to the lines of her inner waist, spreading her legs apart, he kisses her inner thighs, the tips of her labia, and then finally, he separates her lips with his tongue to gain access to her clit.

She aches her waist upwards his face as  Lucas lets his tongue do magic to her cores.

''Oh my..oh my...oh Lucas'' she moans shaking in desire ''I want you so much, i want you now'' she begs

Leaving her lower lips, he finds his way back to her lips as he rises to her face level. He  separates her legs again with his legs this time, hard, he slips himself into her warmth and listened to her intake of breath as she clings to him as though she was holding on for her dear life.

His gentle thrusts in and out had her wanting more, his kisses to her lips had her moaning in desire, wet, hard, moist, they made music together. His fingers trailed down her legs, his hands grabbed her soft bottoms, her buried his face between her bosom and licked the sweetness of her perky nipples. 

His name, from her lips and the sounds she made had him groaning in raw desire, he intensified his movement, careful not to ride her too hard, yet causing her walls to vibrate in ecstasy until she held him tight and ached towards him whispering sweet nonsense into his ears as he hit the surface of  cloud nine.

''Lucas!!!'' her fingers dug into his skin, her entire body tingled. she was coming.

He took her higher than she had ever been, toppled her over with intensified thrust till they were both falling and at the apex, they climaxed together..blissfully, out of breathe and holding on still, kissing, caressing and lovingly until they had nothing left to give.

''I love you Lucas Hemsworth'' Anikka whispered into his lips, kissing him slowly, lazily

He smiles kissing her back, ''I love you too my sweet girl'' . He rolls away from her, taking her with him till she lays half on his body. She raises her head to stare at his tummy and almost screamed.. ''

''Lucas?'' she made to get up, he holds her down

''A little opening from my injury won't kill me, It;s bandaged, it would heal. ''

''Babe, atleast let me change the bandage'' she says feeling guilty

He laughs letting her get up to fetch clean bandages, spirit and the cotton wool. He watches her change it, he reaches out to tuck a lose hair behind her hair ''Where have you been all of my life Anikka?''

She tosses the soiled bandage away and then stares at him ''Waiting for you'' she lays on his side ''Waiting for you Lucas to come into my life'' she stares at him... ''I love you, i love you so much!''

They kiss, deeply into the night and fell asleep in each other's arms.

*

David and Kelvin are by the door , 

''Here'' Lucas hands her a gun 

''Lucas, i don't know how to use it'' she says pushing it away ''I don't want it''

''You just keep it with you, say it's a just-incase last resort of some sort okay? Plus it's easy- '' he says pulling her closer to her, to stand infront of him, backing her he places both of her hands to the gun, he takes a finger to caress the trigger button, and the tells her to stare at a target behind David and Kelvin, ''You point, aim to fire, stare at your target, lock and then pull the trigger'' he says ''It's easy'' he says kissing her cheeks and stepping away , taking the gun he shows her how to put the safety on and then off, pulling her closer again he tugs it behind her shirt ''just a defensive babe , just incase, take it where you you go- if needs be for us to take you out okay?''

''I don't know Lucas'' she says feeling uncomfortable with the gun tucked in her jean under her shirt

''Relax babe'' he smiles ''Lock the doors after us. See you in a bit''

''Will you guys be safe?''

He nods, ''We will, right guys?'' he asks over his shoulders

''Yes Anikka, we would. '' The guys chorused

''See'' he leans in to kiss her full on the lips ''see you later babe, i love you''

''I love you''

Lucas waits till she shuts the door and then locks it before he joins the guys in the car. David is pulling out of the drive way and out the gate camouflaged by thick forest before breaking out into  a narrow road and then heads into town.

Kelvin is staring at Lucas and smiling sheepishly

''What?'' Lucas stares at him with a puzzled look on his face

''Oh nothing- just that ''I love you''... was pretty beautiful to hear''

David hides a smile, but it was useless ''I love you too'' he chorused ''Music to our ears, my heart ''awwwwned'' at it. ''

Lucas laughs shaking his head ''Fxxk you guys man, for real'' he says, his eyes danced, he even felt slightly embarrassed in a good day

''I mean that's huge man, really''

''I was almost didn't believe my ears, but we loved to see it. We are happy for you'' Kelvin says

''Cupid shot you the greatest arrow. Nice, are we expecting a little Luc soon?''

''Fxxk out of here'' he says laughing

''I mean i don't mind being a godfather you know, ''

''I could teach him how to beat bad guys too''

'Yeah, join the games too, nice''

They teased him, but his mind was elsewhere.

They didn't use a condom last night. They didn't think to. Suddenly he smiled absentmindedly, he pictures Anikka smiling down at a baby's cot and singing to a baby reaching out for her with her little fingers and laughing. He walked to them, hugging Anikka from behind and then joins her to sing to their child.

The thought brought warmth to his chest, and for the first time in his life, he wanted nothing other than that picture to be a reality. Their reality, them being a family, raising a child together who was born out of love.

His heart swelled in love for Anikka.

''God, i love you Anikka'' he murmurs closing his eyes, then he laughs

David and Kelvin stare at each other 

''Fxxk, this dude is gone gone gone'' David laughs

''And we love to see it'' Kelvin winks.....''for love?''

David stares at him ''For love. Let's fxxk shit up''.

Lucas nods ''Thanks guys, you know, i mean this isn't just Anikka's fight anymore, this is mine because she is my woman. And you guys have been there for me and - really, it's going to get messier and its okay if you guys want out- ''

''Nigga shut the fxxk up!!!!'' David says shaking his head cutting Lucas short.

''Look, recite a hyme or something before i gag you. What are you about to say, that we say stop and goodbyes and let you go in on this alone? If you don't know, whatelse to say, say nothing and keep devising a plan in your head on how we can round this shit up and marry that girl''

''Hey who said anything about getting married?'' Lucas asks with laughter in his eyes

''Kelvin, you got a body bag in the booth?''

David laughs ''Damn right i do. How do you want to die Luc? I would take the balls and you the dick Kelv, make him disappear''

Lucas laughs ''Fxxkers, touch that area and you both are dead, would make a trophy out of your heads''

''We would come back to haunt you until you put a ring on it and marry that girl. The fxxk is wrong with you man, Life is too short anyways- just saying''

Lucas smiles staring out of the window ''You guys are just crazy, leave me alone''

The guys laugh at him ''It would be a beautiful thing you know'' David says staring at him 

Lucas doesn't return his stare, he doesn't reply either, but the smile didn't leave his face . He was inlove with Anikka, how it happened, when, he didn't know and he would be a damn fool to take this feeling lightly. The thought of having a family with her warmed his heart and the more he thought about it, the more he silently wished their lovemaking last night would make beautiful babies.

He facepalms laughing. 

David and Kelvin exchange looks. They smile.

They drive in silence leaving Lucas in his world.

*

Teneka Lorde arrived early, too early and bypassed security knowing how to and then gets into the office. He turns on the tv in his office and then settles on the news channel making rounds.

'' It's been over 24 hours and Miss Anikka , daughter of Benjamin George is still missing. With no clue as to her whereabouts or who must have her. The police have over a dozen search party out to find her, making unannounced house calls, and leaving no tables upturned to find her. She was last seen in the hospital underground, how she was kidnapped under the noses of the security personnels is still a thing of concern and those on guard have been questioned. The camera footage taken from the hospital elevator showed a lady being the culprit, while scans are trying to come up with a proper image of who she is and to get an ID, it has been whispered amongst the security agency that this might be as a result of her father's enemies. But the question is, who are those enemies her father had?. This is bringing alot of questions to light as to the fact that was George's death out of a mere natural occurrence or was he murdered? Although investigations has been closed, it still begs the question which needs answers. These are trying times for Ms Anikka who lost her mother earlier and then her father, she had come to pay her last respect but was given her inheritance blessed by her father to continue his legacy and business on his behalf- this alone would make people come after her. So many incidents had occurred since her inception into that position- from her ear death experience which landed her in the hospital- from a reliable source, to questionable deaths of nurses, security personnels and the chief of police when she was kidnapped by her bodyguard Lucas Hemsworth, thankfully, he was gunned down by the brave Geti Richards before his death. Then the death of her father's confidant and lawyer, Tenekar Lorde and so many others. Also within her father's company, some board members have been declared missing, although this is hushhush, it has got people talking to wonder what truly is going on. Like is said, these are mere speculations including the fact  that maybe just maybe Miss Anikka planned her second kidnap to keep herself safe or maybe someone who is all out to get her is behind this, but the question is who? We all are aware that the government has awarded her late father the grant to replenish his selfless sacrifices to the community and that returns comes in a bond that would make history in generations to come, and this might very well be the reason why Miss Anikka is been chased after. While this is mere speculations, we do hope that the police do all that they can to bring all those involved to justice, and that Miss Anikka is found and protected and everything comes back to normal. In other news, the weather forecast-''

Teneka Lorde mutes the Tv and then turns away from it, staring out the window with his hands in his pocket, he reaches for his phone and then makes the call.

''What's the situation?''

''Anytime soon''

''Good.''

''Any word from Anikka?''

''None yet, still searching, keep me posted. ''he drops the call and waits.

The remaining board members would be having a meeting today, he would be here for it. 

*

Lucas walked into the bank, wearing a suit, dark glasses and with a briefcase.

''Hi, my name is Anthony Brickage, i would like to deposit a hug amount of money  from my company Autopilot Engineering and manufacturers'' he says smiling at the lady who is across the counter ''Is there anyone i can go over some documentations with, it's a new company you see and i would like to be sure i am making the right decision with your bank.''

''Ofcourse you are- if you come this way i would attend to you--''

Lucas shakes his head '' It's in foreign currencies''

''Oh, would you be comfortable speaking with the manager instead?''

''That would be perfect'' he says caressing his briefcase''

''This way''

''Thank you!''

He follows her , she ushers him to a waiting area and then disappears, a few minutes later she approaches him and ushers him into an office.

A man stands up to greet him with a handshake ''Mr Anthony, my name is Jude Gritten, i hear you want to make large deposits in foreign currencies for your new company?''

''Yes.''

''Sit. If you don't mind, can i do a check on your company? Policies and to ensure it has a legal backing- you know, just for precautions sakes''

Lucas does and then waits till the door shuts before leaning in to speak '' Go right ahead'' Lucas gave him the name of the company, he calls the security office to do  a check. After a few minutes the results came back, Mr Jude smiles

''Perfect, i hope you weren't offended?''

''No i wasn't. You see, i plan to establish here first before expanding overseas. You see i have worked all my life abroad and i thought, why not you know. The community needs us more here, we create more jobs for people here. You see i was in talks with the government and they okayed my expansion, see documents to prove so'' He pushes a file to Mr Jude who opens it and nods ''This is something''

''Hmm it is. So i needed to invest while i deposit, tell me what options your bank offers for an investor.''

Mr Jude delves right into discussions while Lucas listened with rapt attention and nodded when appropriate and ahhhed when needed.

*

David walks into the bank, approaches the counter and makes a complaint. Not getting satisfied with responses he begins to create a scene.

''Sir, please calm down, you are creating a scene and we have customers here-''

''I do not care! You all are thieves. I just realised that i was debited without authorised  and now i suddenly cannot use my card to make withdrawals and my bank alerts states that my account is empty! Frauds!! Frauds! I need my money and i demand it now!'' he yells screaming at the top of his voice.

They tried to calm him down, he raises his voice even louder , hitting the counter and demanding to see the manager or his was going to sue them

''Sir, calm down..or we would ask the security to walk you out''

''Are you being serious? For my damn money? You lot do not know who you are dealing with. I would call the police, and my lawyer and i would sue you all . Thieves! Fraud! I demand for my money now.. '' he pulls out his phone and begins to make calls yelling in the phone ''911, this is an emergency, i have just been robbed from the bank  and the entire staff are in on it-- yes yes--''

''Sir please calm down, please- please'' A few bank staff approach him, urging him to cut the call

'' I need my money returned. Infact, I need to see your manager, i need to have explanations to what happened to my money and how must be done!!!''

''Sir, please calm down and come with us'' the bank staff begged him, while some others try to reassure the other customers that there was no issue.

''Call the manager'' someone yelled

The secretary dashes quickly to his office and then knocks on the door'.

''Sir?'' she pushes her head in when he answered ''Sir, so sorry to interrupt your meeting but  please there is an issue, we need your attention immediately, it's getting out of hand, the client is threatening to call the police and his lawyer''

Jude rises ''Over what?''

''He made some complains concerning an unauthorised withdrawal and empty bank account''

''How, from us? Has his accounts been checked to verify his claims and to see what the issue is?''

''Not yet sir, he has been screaming at the top of his voices, chasing clients and threatening fire and brimstone, if you could come and  speak to him-''

''Yes yes, i am right behind you'' he stares at Lucas ''A moment Sir, excuse me while i attend to the issue at hand, when i get back, then we can start your paperwork''

''That is fine, i have all day''

Jude nods and then disappears from the office leaving Lucas alone , Lucas smiles and then takes out his phone, opens it and then takes out a mini device and places it on the table close to his phone and then the computer, then he puts it on, plugs it to the computer and then the phone and watches it come active, displacing multiple numbers until it stopped. 

He types the word on Jude's phone he had left on the table, once the locked phone opened, he clicks ''start'' on his device. He repeats the process on the laptop. He checks the time on his watch and waits.

*

Jude enters a few minutes later ''So sorry Sir''

''It is fine'' Lucas says ''I hope you were able to attend to the client to his satisfaction?''

''Indeed, it was just a misunderstanding that was cleared, you know hackers trying to get in, he freaked out thinking the message he got stated that his account was wiped out. But everything has been settled. Okay, should we begin your paper work..?''

''Yes yes right away..'' then a call came in ''My apologies, it's the wife''

Jude nods , Lucas jumps up as soon as he answers, ''What? Which hospital? Oh my God!! I am on my way-- oh dear Jesus- honey, i am on my way, okay okay'' he cuts the call grabbing his suitcase and the file ''I have to go, i would have to do this some other time, my wife just had an accident and i think we lost the baby!!!!!!!''' he covers his face in mock tears

''Oh mm God!!! You should go to her, yes yes please we can always talk business some other time'' Lucas was already at the door walking briskly and then disappears

Jude stares at the closed door with a puzzled and worried expression ''I hope she makes it'' he says before sitting down.

A call comes in , It's Teneka, he sighs picking ''Not a word yet, told you when i hear from them you would be the first to know'' he says , then frowns staring at his computer when something didn't seem right ''What int he word?''

''What?''

He punches a few buttons, then relaxes 'Oh, thought i saw something strange - it's nothing''

''Okay. ''

''Quick question, now that Anikka is no where to be found, what if she has been killed? ''

''Whoever took her wouldn't kill her just yet, that is why i am working with the police to ensure she is found,you know what's happening, everyone wants a piece of her father's wealth and i am the only one who can protect her and keep her safe and until i find her i wouldn't rest and i won't let anyone lay hands on her father's money, it belongs to er, if i don't find her before payment, you know what you must do to bypass- she and her father's wealth must be protected at all cost.''

''Very well''

The line cuts, Jude rubs his jaw and then stares at the time. The government should be placing another call to him soon, he has to be prepared.

*

Lucas exits the bank, crosses the road and enters the car.

''Nice David, you should consider acting''

''You too Mr Anthony''

''You got it?'' Kelvin asks 

Lucas nods handing him the device ''Run it''

Kelvin takes the device , plucks it to his computer and then sets to work, ''One question though'' he asks as David drives away ''Why didn't you just tell him who you are?''

''The game changed when Teneka died. They tried to take me out, because they figured i was a force to reckon with behind Anikka, thank God they didn't succeed. They took Teneka out, whoever did obviously knew that both Teneka and Me where trying to protect Anikka, but with both of us out of the way, do you think anyone got her back? It means everyone would get even dirtier in this just to get their hands on her father's wealth and with what the goverbment is dropping, people would kill more for it. And besides, Teneka was the one who had a man ''Jude' in the bank he trusted. I never spoke to him directly, he never spoke to me too. All correspondence has been with Teneka, but since he is dead, you think he would wan to talk to a ghost? I mean everyone thinks i am dead to. So to approach him-''

''Wouldn't be a good idea introducing yourself like you came back from the dead''

''Yep. Plus i wanted to know i he can be truly be trusted and the only want to know is to see what e has been up to within the past 24 hours since Anikka's disappearance... we know the government would drop this, and my last conversation with Teneka was to get word to the government to hold on on the payment, but he is dead now, i have no connections to them, only the banker does but whatever the case, they still need Anikka's signature and endorsement unless someone finds a way to bypass the system-''

''Then they don't need her for the money to drop, other than the power of attorney to sign of other assets, both liquid and assets to them.'' David completes

''Bingo. So whatever we find within those files in his computer his phone would determine our next move'' Lucas says ''Plus i left it on invisible active cloning. So we are able to see what he does here on out and previous interactions for better tracking.''

Kelvin nod searching through files, suddenly he pauses''The hell!!!!''

''What?'' Lucas turns to him

''Check call logs''' he turns it to Lucas 

''This doesn't make sense'' Lucas says taking the computer, a frown on his face

''What's it?'' David asks as he continues to drive

''This can't be right, Teneka is dead, who has his phone?'' He stares at them

A blinking red dot appears on the computer, ''I think he just received a call, let's listen in'' Kelvin presses play and they listened to the conversation.

''What does this mean?'' David and Kelvin is confused ''You should contact him, he thinks you are dead, atleast we have someone we can trust''

Lucas nods , a sigh of relief, ''Thank God he is alive and is worried about Anikka- but i won't contact him just yet, lets finish our rounds for today.'' he leans away and hands the computer to Kelvin ''Keep searching Jude's records, let's be sure he is clean''

''Okay''

He closes his eyes briefly , Anikka would be happy to hear her lawyer is alive. He would inform her when he gets back to him.

He rubs his temple, something was nagging at the back of his head, he couldn't place it. He shrugs it away.

David drives into a garage, they alight and are met by Ricko and Charles.

''Glad you are alive man'' they hug Lucas who nods with a smile 

''Hope i didn't make either of you cry?'' 

''Nah, not at all, we knew it would be hard to put a good man down, God loves you bro, that is all i am going to say.'' they shake hands

''How are they?''

''Grethin Sloan, Debbi Andersan, Victor Andreas, Peter Macpete, still kept under lock and key, we just give them food and water,  and Nick Bloom is still separated. Don't you think we should hand them to the police?''

''Not yet'' Lucas says leaning on the car ''We do not know if the new chief can be trusted. On that, any news?''

''Yes, we heard he was making house calls on some people, my guess is board members but we don't know, that's word on the streets'' Charles says

Lucas nods , taking out a picture from his pocket ''We got this off the cam from the hospital elevator, we need you both to ask who she is from the guys locked up. We are trying to narrow down our targets and know what we are up against. Plus we need names of those who are left in the circle of brothers.. we do know that Mark Kit and Gapon Gilles are at the apex of this, we just need to start taking out the roots- before we get tot he top.'' He hands them the picture

''Sure'' 

Once they left David nudges Lucas, ''What's going on?''

Lucas shakes his head ''Er...i don't know men, something seems off. '' he rubs the back of his head ''Did you get anything else?'' he asks over his shoulders

''Apparently, phone conversations with Mark Kit, check- it all relates to the money to be dropped by the government, apparently this Jude got his hands deeped into many pockets or rather two many people got him on lockdown, but calls ceased from Mark Kit a few days ago, from his message to Mark Kit, he said he was done doing business with them because Teneka threatened to turn him to the police so he was done. But there are some transfers done for Mark kit to some offshore accounts under the books. See the charts. This man was stealing from George, massively. That's not all- i think we have Gapon Gilles here too- cos i see Nick Bloom's name popping up some some transfers and we both know that's his man we have locked up. Hell we have a few others.. Like the hell man'' Kelvin runs a hand through his hair ''How fxxked up is this?'' he shakes his head ''Everyone wanted a piece off Benjamin.''

''Makes sense why Anikka was a stumbling block to their plans'' Lucas rubs his jaw ''This are facts that can be used against them - send this to all of us. Just incase. ''

Kelvin nods doing just that.

He checks his time, sighs he returns his gaze to the door when the guys returned.

''Telma Rodaline'' Charles says pointing at the picture ''She is one of he strongheads at the circle of brothers.''

''Where can we find her?'' Lucas inquired

''The meeting at the pub'' Ricko offered 

''We had that place checked, by now i doubt with what's going on they would retain their for a meeting point. Anywhere else?''

''Nick mentioned an uncompleted building outskirts if town, a former church abandoned a while ago. The house of lords, that's the name of the place. He said when they need to take care of someone, they take them there to leave no traces. If they are not in the pubs, most likely they might have meetings there.''

''Great. And the others?''

''No one tells the others where they live , for safety reasons. But Andrea sad Roberto and Pascil would have all the details we need, if you can get them and drill them, you would find the others. ''

''Thanks guys, keep your phones close, act normal, keep your heads down, we would buzz you when it's time to get those folks off your hands'' Lucas shakes them

''Stay safe, we don't want another scare'' they shake hands and watch David pull away.

*

Albeta drives to a stop outside the company, and waits for any sign of Anikka.

She had spent the whole day trying to trace where she could have been, or who could have taken her.

She knew the circle of brothers didn't have Anikka, what she didn't know was who had her? The only other option was to come here, to the company, maybe she can  check for herself to make sure Anikka wasn't hiding somewhere in there. But she would wait, Mark Kit, Gapon Gilles, one of them would know where she is. She wasn't taking any chances. She mus find Anikka, take all that is needed from her and put a bullet to her head. Then she would be out of this dump with the next available flight , after she buries her sons.

She wipes her nose with the back of her hand and then sniffs. 

*

Gregory is backing the door as Tom knocks on the door a second time. Two other officers are behind him

The door swings open ''Yes?''

''Mr Roberta Alpeta?''

Roberto nods ''Yes officer, is there a problem?'' he counts the men infront of him

Gregory turns ''We  are looking for Miss Anikka , daughter of Benjamin Thomas George, we wonder if you have seen her?'' Gregory shows him Anikka's picture

Roberto shakes his head after a minute ''No officer''

Gregory nods ''If you don't mind, can we search your house?''

Roberto friends ''I am sorry Sir but that's appropriate, i know my right, you do not have the right to search my house without proper means, i don't know the girl you are asking off, never met her in my life, no connection whatsoever, why does my house needs to be checked?''

Gregory shows him a document ''I have been given permission to search all neighbour houses, it is standard procedure, nothing to worry about'' Gregory smiles

Roberto eyes the document 

''Do you mind?''

Roberto steps away, Tom and the other officers steps in , Roberto's wife stands up from where she was sitting, her children come to her ''Is something wrong honey?''

He beckons to her to come to him ''It's fine, just routine checks in the neighbourhood, please, carry on'' he says to the officers who move into his house to start searching. ''Go into the room with the kids, i would be right with you'' he nudges his family towards the stairs and then remains with the officers.

It takes a few minutes for the officers to round up, Roberto walks them to the door ''Would i be expecting another visit from the police?'' Roberto asks , staring at the new chief of police, Gregory smiles 

''Have a good day Sir''

They were gone, Roberto grabs his phone and then makes a call.

*

Pascil picks, running a hand through his hair ''Yeah, they were here first thing. I also had calls from a few of the other guys. Do you think they got tipped to check us out, i mean, every single one of us got a house call from the police to search our houses''

''Nothing found i hope?'' 

Pascil smiles looking out his window ''You know we keep our private dealings away from family life, they have nothing. But what we should be worried about is who is making them keep an eye on us. You do know Mart Kit is the only other person aside us who is roaming around freely like he got nothing to hide , i wouldn't put it past him not to do this''

'We have about 5 others unaccounted for, even Nick Bloom.''

Pascil sighs , ''This is what i think, all the board members who were part of us are either trying to play us because it doesn't make any sense how all of a sudden they just disappeared on us. Plus they haven't been seen for a couple of days now , something is definitely fishy.''

''What if the bodyguard got to them?''

''The one who was protecting Anikka? You think?''

''Well either he did before he died or Mark Kit offered them something better or they are working behind closed doors to get what is due us. Mahn i don't know. I am truly pissed, the cops coming in here to search my home and freak my family out? Making my wife and kids scared. Nah , they would be hearing from me.  The fact that we don't know what's going on is even what's making me more upset. Aby word on Albeta? Because it feels like everyone is working against us. Telma turned up dead, whoever offed her knows us and we can't take any chances. We hit them first, we have to''

Pascil nods ''Still waiting on the guys to give me feedback on Albeta.''

''Good. Hit me up when you find something''

Line drops.

*

Mark Kit was the first to enter the board room, taking his seat as he watches a few others make entrance and taking their seat. Four chairs are left empty.

A few minutes Later, Gapon Gilles walks in ''Shall we commence?'' he asks

''Before we do, i have a question, '' someone says staring at the empty chairs ''Are we not going to report them missing ? It's been a few days already and we are running out of things to tell their family members. 

''What exactly do we say to the police then?'' Mark enquired 

''Well...'''

''Well nothing'' Gapon says

''But.. what if they are dead? Don't we owe their family some explanations?''

''If you have anything to say to them, go right ahead, i wouldn't bother after all, we truly do not know where they are or what happened to them, let us concentrate on the business at hand.'' he says losing his patience , he is staring at each and everyone of them. '' I have had word with the staff, trying to reassure them but they are quite worried to not know where their boss is and the news making rounds isn't helping matters. However, we have a duty to Benjamin to keep his business striving so it doesn't go under. I urge each and everyone of us to go back to our branches and ensure work goes on as usual. We all have families to fend for, so lets do our part. The police is doing everything they can to help to find Anikka and would ensure anyone who is behind her kidnap would be brought to justice.''

''Teneka Lorde?'' They inquired

''Yes-, it is sad to have heard about his death, we are yet to go identify his body but that would be done later. In the interim, i have a man who would be running his position for the time being, '' he gets up to open the door ''Allow me introduce to you Mr Christoper Peng''

A man walks in, greeting everyone ''Lawyer for over twenty years and in the industry, he would ensure all our legal activities is truly backed up. Access has been granted to override Teneka's activity as he takes over. However, he would need some documentation from each and everyone of you.. carry on Mr Chris, you have the floor.''

Mr Christopher drops his briefcase on the table, pulls out a folder and then takes out documents, sharing to everyone on the table ''This is just a documentation giving me authority over legal affairs that covers the company, board members and their jurisdiction over the company affairs, legally. Teneka had all that previously but since he is dead, we have no idea where to get those information so i would be working from scratch pending Ms Anikka's return.''

Mark picks up the document before him, reading a few lines, a frown on his face ''I do not ever remember signing a document like this from Teneka'' he says 

''How would you, you joined this company years ago, how would you remember exactly what you were asked to sign hmm? If you have any doubts as to what's written, you can ask your lawyer to go right ahead to read it. ' Gapon says standing up ''You all are aware that the government would be making payment for Benjamin Thomas via the bank any time soon, his daughter is missing and no where to be found, that would cause the government to pause, but we all know how important that project was for Benjamin and he doesn't deserve to be delayed in his act of service and quite frankly we do not have a lawyer we can trust to ensure that nothing goes wrong. Thus Christopher is here to help. We cannot have access to those funds as a company to be used for the resources of the company if we do not have a company lawyer to sign with or unbehalf of the company, this document signed now would further legitimise Mr Christopher as the company's lawyer and would give him right to act in our stead, in times like this''

''How are we sure the government would still go ahead? Do you have a connect in the bank?''

''It's late Benjamin's right and the government has no choice and we are the board members and we have a duty to the company to act in his stead, even without his daughter's present'' Mark says

''Gentleman, we do not have all day, we need to go to the court to file these documents and then to the bank, Mr Christopher would be signing on our behalf if needs be''

''So technically we don't have to call our lawyers to read through incase there are hidden clauses?'' someone else eaves the document

''You can read, plus you are not stupid'' Gapon throws back, fighting the urge to remain patient ''Or you would rather wait till when Ms Anikka is found, i mean we all are worried about her and the police is giving us hourly feedback. We can only stall the government but.. their patience isn't the same with hers, they can take it back and put it on their reserve and the longer we waste , we can lose that money as a company and we know what Benjamin sacrificed for this community- we can do so much more for this company and make him proud but it's your call. I was only being thoughtful'' he says returning back to his seat

The board members murmur between themselves, Mark being the first to sign turns to Gapon

''I just hope you aren't trying to trick us or something, we are a team here.''

''Why would i?'' Gapon asks quietly, Mark shrugs and then signs, the others follow suit, Gapon is the last to sign, Christopher takes all the documents and puts it in his briefcase. An hour later, everyone leaves leaving Gapon alone.

The door opens and Christopher walks in, dropping the briefcase on the table. 

''You can leave''

''Yessir''

He picks up his phone and makes the call, a smile on his face when the call is picked..

''Do you have good news for me?''

''Ofcourse- first off, i have everyone's signature stating that they have transferred their share of the company to me making me the largest share owner next to the daughter Ms. Anikka Benjamin George, it makes my work even easy. Now i can kick everyone off the board at ease. I only need to find Anikka, and my work is complete here.''

''You told us by today, all would be settled?''

''Yes, we still have a few hours till the end of the day- worry not''

''We aren't. You should if it doesn't go as planned, and besides we would look for another client''

His smiling face turns into a frown ''What is that supposed to mean?''

''I am a business man Mr Gapon, it's business first. Today, is all we give to you''

The line dies, Gapon stares at the phone in anger. 

''This is my business you prxxks'' he swears before rising, he grabs the briefcase and exists the office, and then the premises. He enters his car and it zooms off.

''Get me Gregory!'' he shouts ''And someone tell me where the hell Anikka is!!!!'' he yells

*

Teneka watches them leave from his office, one after the other with one hand in his pocket and the other holding his phone. The light from the phone  goes off as though he had just finished a call.

He smiles.

*

Albeta found her way into the building, dressed as a cleaner, she makes her way through the security personnel after grabbing a security guard and hitting his head to the doorframe. She changes cloths and then makes her way upstairs, hiding her face from the staff.

She opens the first office she sees and enters, coming face to face with Teneka

''You are dead!!'' she exclaims hoping to find anyone else but him.

She had seen a shadow of a man lurking from the window from where she was watching. He didn't move, he stood staring down.

She had seen the men and women leave the premises, she recognised them from the circle of brothers. She had intended to follow Mark Kit, but when she noticed that the man from the window didn't move, she was curious.

Maybe, he was left to watch over Anikka, whoever he was.  Maybe Anikka was truly hidden inside the building as she suspected. So she had come, hoping to find Anikka and end her misery once and for all.

But finding Teneka instead

''They say you were dead?' she says , after the shock died off

''They say you lost all your children'' he says recognising her ''How are you holding up?''

She smiles ''Where is Anikka?'' , she shows the gun in her hand

''I almost died yesterday- but i am still here, you think a gun scares me, really? Besides, what makes you think i would tell you where Anikka is, so you kill her? Never!''

Albetta laughs hard '' Maybe the person didn't aim for your head'' she points the gun at him and then caresses the trigger

Teneka takes a step back, raising both hands ''What did she ever do to you Albetta?''

''She ruined my life, she killed my sons and she would never enjoy all that her father left for her''

''Neither will you!''

Albetta fingers the trigger about to pull it,  but she drops to the ground instead as soon as Teneka flings his hand towards her and the knife hits her in the neck.

Teneka walks towards her, bends to see her gasping for breathe, he drags her to the toilet, locks her in and walks away after wiping the floor.

He had to find Anikka.

Albetta is fighting for breathe, using her hand to hit the door, hoping someone could hear her.

*

Lucas makes his way into the company, dressed as a security personnel. No one noticed him making his way in an out of the offices. He was quiet and tried to be as invisible as possible.

Entering the board room, he could tell  a meeting had taken place. He finds his way to Anikka's father's office, it was locked. He retraces his step and then opens the door leading into Teneka's office.

He heard someone coming, he enters and shuts the door. He looks around, it didn't look as though anyone had been in here.

He goes back to the door, places his ear to make sure the staff he saw had passed, he opens the door slightly to leave when he heard it.

He followed the sound, reaching for the gun, slightly opens the door to find a bleeding Albetta. He quickly bends down, 

''Albetta?'' he reaches for her ''Stay still '' he slowly pulls out the knife, and puts pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. Reaching for his phone he proceeds to call 911. He pauses, he sighs her phone, he reaches for it instead

''Whats your code?'' 

She was fighting for breathe

''What's your code?'' he yells

She raises her hand, pushing the phone away and instead grabs him to her and whispers ''persino il nemico fa il dio e il pastore non è sempre in chiesa''

''even the enemy plays god and the shepherd isn't always at the church?'' Lucas translates ''What does that mean?''

He asks ''Albeta?''

He releases his collar, her hand drops to her side. She was dead.

The door creaks open behind him, he reaches for his gun,

''Drop it!!!'' came the voice.

*****

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 160K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
332K 19.7K 60
He is a billionaire....The most eligible bachelor of town... Handsome, hardworking and ofcourse the dream of many girls...He was the most happiest pe...
386 45 12
When Kate lost her father in a fire, she couldn't get her self to be in his shoes. She turned down her dad's job even though she was the best to be c...
2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...