Just A Shadow (RWBY male read...

Bởi MichaelStotts2

well fuck here we are, first attempt at writing in fuck knows how long. ehm this story is gonna be a bit...di... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: The Dark
Chapter 2: Unexpected
Chapter 3: Here to Stay
Chapter 4: A Dance in the Dustshop
Chapter 5: The Wizard of Oz
Chapter 6: Meeting The Family
Chapter 8: Beacon Academy pt 2
chapter 9: Initiation
Chapter 10: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 11: A Challenger Approaches
Chapter 12: Ugly Scars
Chapter 13: Can Still Heal
Chapter 14: Musical Morning
wtf?
Chapter 15: We Are Atlas Now
News on Chapter 16
Halftime
Chapter 16: Get Up
sorry
Chapter 17: Grace in the Grey
Chapter 18: Its Okay to be Afraid
hello again!
The Break: Goodbye, To A World
V2 Ch1: Round Two
V2 Ch2: Introductions
back on track!
V2: Ch3: In The Rear With The Gear
Important! Please vote!
V2 Ch4: Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk
Y/n's shadows/Umbrakinesis
V2 Ch5: The Rain
teeny tiny vote
little piece o news
V2 Ch6: Burden of the Blade
(small) V2 Ch7: Pre-Party
(small) V2 Ch8: Tapping the Brakes
V2 Ch8: "Dance Dance...Somethin"
V2 Ch9: Mission Morning
very important schedule update.
V2 Ch10: "Reconnaissance"
V2 Finale: "Enemy At The Gates"
The Interim
quick question!
V3 Ch1: Fever Dream
V3 Ch2: Ashes and Blood
Lets Do This
V3 Ch3: Omens
V3 Finale: Vanished
heheh
Guess whos fucking back
is anyone still there..?
VOLUME 4 CH 1: Deathless
V4 Ch2: A Colder Place
V4 Ch3: Buried In The Ashes

Chapter 7: Beacon Academy

9.6K 236 168
Bởi MichaelStotts2

(I'm back and feeling a bit better! Still a little under the weather but I think I can tackle this chapter. Now I've been thinking about giving this story a theme and for at least the first two volumes I was thinking this. It's up above so let me know what you think of it. Now, let's get goi- oh god is he throwing up?)

(*halfway through writing* wait how the fuck is this NUMBER NINE in rwbyfanfic!?!?! Its only got like 5 total votes! I have no idea how that works but thank to those who have read this!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n's Pov

"Silence your fears, weve got to move higher, high like the stars in the sky, guiding us all.

Battle the will, of those who conspire, take back the passion to live, vanish the sorrow-"

Ruby: "What song is that? I've never heard it before." Ruby snapped me out of my trance with that question, also gaining Yangs attention but since I was currently intangible she just assumed I was who Ruby was talking to.

Currently we were on an airship heading to Beacon academy, the day after I woke up. After the whole meeting Tai and Yang fiasco things actually went pretty well. I was honestly surprised with how easily they welcomed me after the initial talk we had. After some messing around with it I had discovered that I was actually able to hold my tangible form for as long as I want, even sleep in it if I wanted, I guess it was just a little taxing the first time I used it, or maybe it was because of that barrier I made? I dont know. I havent been able to recreate what I did so I guess we'll have to wait and see in that department. I was currently just standing next to Ruby as we were waiting for the airship to arrive at Beacon, it's a good thing the other students on this airship seem to be so oblivious, or Ruby would look insane.

Y/n: "Oh! Sorry I do that sometimes. It was a song from earth called "Carry On" by a band called Avenged Sevenfold. They made a lot of good rock songs I used to listen too. I'm honestly super glad that my memory of music came with me to remnant." I responded to Ruby. She tilted her head slightly at the first part of my sentence, and raised an eyebrow when I mentioned the band made rock music.

Ruby: "Why? Did you used to sing a lot? Also I never really took you for the rock and roll type. I'm not complaining though, I love rock music!" She said to me. Towards the end of her sentence she jumped a little in place with a bright smile on her face. She was always like this whenever she found out something new about me. I cant really judge though, I loved learning more about her just as much.

Y/n: "Oh I used to listen to all sorts of music. It was pretty much one of the only things I loved. I would have playlists of music that went for like 30 hours with all sorts of music in them. Although I'll admit I was a pretty big metal head. I guess it just kinda helped me cope. I didnt sing a lot but sometimes when I had a song in my had I'd catch myself humming or singing." Ruby seemed a little down after I mentioned my past life on earth. She knew I wasnt very happy then and she didnt like accidentally bringing it up, she told me once that it felt like she was reminding me of something I'd rather forget. "Hey." She looked back up at me as i called her attention, and I ruffled her hair a bit and continued with a smile. "I'm fine rosebud. You didnt do anything wrong. Honestly it's good for me to remember my life, it helps me keep in mind how lucky I am to be here with you now. If you want then later I can sing you some more songs I used to listen to." She was noticeably happier now and gave a smile so bright it could've blinded some people. Her smile was always worth it.

Ruby: "I'd like that! Anyways, what were you gonna say Yang?" She turned back to her sister, who gained a huge grin and lifted her sister up in a bone crushing hug.

Yang: "Oh I just still cant believe that my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!" Yang shouted forth, tightening the death hold she had on her sister.

Ruby: "Please...Stop..." Ruby barely managed to get those words put as Yang was unknowingly cutting off her supply of oxygen. Luckily for her Yang released her death grip as she backed up and spoke again.

Yang: "But I'm so proud of you!" Yang said as she nearly jumped in place trying to contain her excitement.

Ruby: "Really sis, it was nothing..." Ruby put forth with a half-hearted smile, clearly not enjoying the extra attention.

Yang: "What do you mean?! It was incredible! Everybody at Beacon is gonna think your the 'bees knees'!" She said with enthusiasm, gesturing to the rest of the students on the airship, who were still completely oblivious to the two sisters.

Ruby: *looking quite distressed* "I dont wanna be the 'bee's knees' okay? I dont wanna be any kind of knees! I just wanna be a normal girl, with normal knees." She responds. It's clear to me that she doesnt like the idea of being the odd one out because she got moved ahead. I wanted to help her so I put a hand on her shoulder and tried to comfort her.

Y/n: "Hey you'll be fine. Maybe you were a slightly special circumstance but your still a student just like everybody else. Plus if worse comes to pass, you'll always have me at least right?" Ruby seemed a bit cheered up by this but was clearly still a little worried. Unfortunately Yang seemed to mistake Ruby's concern for lack of excitement.

Yang: "What's with you? Aren't you excited?"

Ruby: "Of course I'm excited! I just...*sigh* I got moved ahead two years...I dont want anyone to think I'm special or anything..." She clarified. I was about to try and comfort her again but Yang seemed to get the message and walked to Ruby's side, wrapping a reassuring arm around her.

Yang: "But you are special." I smiled at the sisterly act of support but all three of our attentions were soon drawn to a holographic display of a TV screen. It showed a mugshot of the guy me and Ruby fought in Vale and identified him as Roman Torchwick, apparently he's still on the run. After that the news switched to talking about the white fangs recent activity and how their methods have become more violent. It's honestly a shame, they only want what's best for their species but their going the wrong way about it. Fighting hate with hate will only make the hate more intense.

Halfway through the talk about the white fang, the screen disappeared and was replaced with a projection of the huntress that introduced us to Professor Ozpin gaining the attention of the students on the airship as she began to speak.

Huntress: "Hello and welcome to Beacon." She addressed the crowd in a mostly professional manner. Yang interjected with a 'who's that?' Before the recording continued.

Glynda: "My name is Glynda Goodwitch."

Yang: "Oh" I couldnt help but facepalm slightly at Yangs impatience, but the recording continued on.

Glynda: "You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world." With that the recording vanished from the glass wall. I thought it was a little long winded, but I suppose it got the point across. Soon almost the entire airship was walking over to the glass walls admiring the view of Vale outside.

Ruby:"Oh wow! Look! You can see Signal from up here!" Ruby put her hands up against the glass as she gawked at the view. "I guess home isnt that far after all..."

Yang: "Beacons our home now." She said as she placed another reassuring hand on Ruby's shoulder. She caught me off guard a bit when she lowered her voice to not attract attention. "What about you Y/n? Are you excited at all?"

In response I used my breath to fog up a part of the glass slightly, and drew a smily face on it, earning a goggle put of Ruby and a snicker out of Yang. The moment was ruined however when a blonde boy pushed past us, he was clearly very pale, and barely holding in his lunch. 'Poor guy...' I thought

Yang: "I guess the view isnt for everyone." She stated watching the boy leave.

Ruby: "It was a nice moment while it lasted." Ruby said, clearly in a better mood.

Y/n: "Oh god..." I said causing Ruby to give me a confused look. I just pointed down at Yangs feet and when Ruby looked she saw what I was grossed out about.

Ruby: "Ew gross! Yang you have puke on your shoe!" Yang started trying to shake off the vomit while repeating 'gross gross gross...' as Ruby was stepping back from her repeating "get way from me! Get away get away get away..."

I was also grossed out by the experience but I also saw this as an opportunity to mess around with my abilities. I thought back to when I made that barrier on the rooftop and focused on Yangs shadow. After a couple seconds of focusing, I managed to make the shadow extend slightly towards her foot. The shadow of a tentacle like appendage sprouted off the main body of the shadow and moved up and onto her shoe, and pushed the vomit off of her shoe and onto the floor, it was a little trippy because it was still 2-D in shape but I also thought it was pretty freakin' cool! ...did I just say freakin'? I think Ruby's innocence is starting to rub off on me... Speak of the rose, she was looking back and forth between the shape on the ground and me. Yang at that moment noticed the tentacle shape on the ground and stared blankly at it before I made it do a little wave to her, then just to test my limits I tried to make the shadow look like a thumbs up, luckily it worked and Yang let out a chuckle while Ruby was still dumbstruck. She didnt have time to question me about it though, since the airship came to a sudden stop, and the door started to open up, a crowd of students piling out of the door, with the blonde boy at front, quickly running to a trashcan to lose his lunch in.

We made our way off the airship and were met with one of the craziest views of my life.

Ruby: "Woah!"

Yang: "The view from Vales got nothin' on this!"

Y/n: "This place is a school?!?!?! It looks like a palace!" And I wasnt really exaggerating. 'School' wasnt exactly the first thing you thought of when you looked at Beacon academy.

My words seemed to fall on deaf ears as Ruby started to take notice of the students weapons.

Ruby: "Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" She seemed to have stars in her eyes as she was gawking over the weapons, and I'll admit I was having a hard time containing my excitement too. She started to wander over to get a closer look, but I pulled her back to us by her hood. "Ow! Ooww!" She pouted at me slightly but I just mouthed 'later' to her.

Yang: "Easy there little sister, they're just weapons." Yang stated casually as I released my hold on Ruby. She then retorted soon after.

Ruby: "Just weapons?!? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh they're so cool!!" Ruby said, jumping up and down slightly to emphasize her point.

Yang: "Well why cant you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?" After Yang said this I instinctually backed up as I had a feeling of what was about to happen. Confolirming my suspicions Ruby quickly unsheathed her scythe, 'Crescent Rose' and hugged it with care as she spoke.

Ruby: "Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing other people's weapons! It's like meeting new people! But better..." I couldnt help but laugh slightly at her enthusiasm which warned me another smile. Yang playfully pulled Ruby's hood down over her head and ruffled her hair as she spoke.

Yang: "Ruby come on, why dont you go and try to make some friends of your own?"

Ruby: she slowly takes off her hood as she says "But...why would I need friends when I have you and Y/n?"

Yang: "Well..." In a flash Yang was surrounded by other students as she spoke. "Actually my friends are here gotta go catch up see ya bye!" She said in a barrage of words while waving before she and the students disappeared as fast as they initially showed up. I was amazed by her sudden burst of speed, while Ruby was left spinning and dizzy.

Ruby: "Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms?" She stops for a moment, still reeling in shock "I don't know what I'm doing..." she ends up falling back straight into a luggage cart being pushed by two very tired butlers, as Ruby is sitting up and collecting herself, the owner of said luggage cart yells at her in frustration.

???: "What are you doing?!?" She yells. The owner of the luggage was a girl with long, white hair tied into a long ponytail and icy blue eyes. She was wearing a blue/white dress that had a few red accents and what looked to be a rapier with dust chamber on it resting on her hip. She was also wearing one of the most entitled, bitchy faces I'd ever seen. That combined with the way she started to yell at Ruby, was not earning her ANY points in my book.

Ruby manages to hold herself up on her hand as she apologizes.

Ruby: "Uh sorry!" She says slightly panicked and dazed.

???: "Do you have any idea the damage you could've caused?!" She bitches forth, I was already losing my patience with her.

Ruby: "Uhhh" she picks up a case and seems confused before the girl snatched the case away

???: "Give me that!!" The girl opens up the case to reveal several fat vials of dust. "This is dust! Mined and purified from the schnee quarry!"

Ruby: "Uuuuuhh..." Ruby is clearly at a loss for words at the girls attitude, but she continues anyway.

???: "What are you brain-dead?!?" She pulls out a vial of what appears to be fire dust and closes the case. "DUST! fire, water, lightning, ENERGY!" She continues to yell at Ruby, shaking the vial with each word, causing dust to float out and into Ruby's face.

Ruby: "I...I know..." she says as she starts to cough slightly from the dust pouring into her face. I'm incredibly tempted to smack that vial out of her hands but that would reveal me, so I'm forced to sit there a while longer.

???: "Are you even listening to me? Is any of this sinking in? What do you have to say for yourself?!" As the girl finished speaking, Riby finally sneezes from all the dust in the air, causing an explosion of fire, snowflakes and electricity right on top of the girl, sending the jar flying and creating a smoke cloud.

'Oh that is fucking it...' is all o thought as I stepped in between Ruby and the girl and, while the cloud of dust was still up, began to make myself tangible. When the dust settles it reveals Ruby being perfectly fine in the same position she was before, though a small crater lies under her now. She notices me and goes silent in shock for a moment, but I hardly notice as mu full attention is on the girl in front of me, who has her eyes closed and is covered in soot. She begins to speak as the soot slowly fades off of her.

???: "Unbelievable! This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking abou-" she cuts herself off as she opens her eyes to see me standing between her and Ruby, my silver eyes brightly highlighted and an absolutely pissed expression on my face as I spoke.

Y/n: "Hey! What's the big idea snow white! Lay off her why dont ya!!"

???: "Excuse me?!? Shes the one who blew us up!"

Ruby: "Hey I said I was sorry princess!"

???: *To Ruby* "I'll get back to you in a moment!"

Y/n: "Oh you are really pissing me the fu-"

???2: "Its heiress actually." I'm cut off as a different girl walks onto the scene and interjects. She is fair skinned with black-raven hair and bright almost golden eyes. Shes wearing a black and white outfit and has a black bow on top of her head.

She's also holding the dust vial that was sent flying and eyes me curiously before she begins to speak.

???2: "Weiss Schnee, heiress to the Schnee dust company, one of the largest producers of energy propellant in the world." Weiss gives off a satisfied 'hmph' as the girl says this.

Weiss: "Finally! Some recognition!" She folds her arms in triumph.

Y/n: "And I should care because...?" As i trail off the girl speaks again, with a bit more venom in her voice, just barely enough to be audible.

???: "The same company infamous for its controversial labor forces and questionable business partners." She says narrowing her eyes slightly at Weiss, who is visibly angry again, while me and Ruby chuckle at how the conversation it turned on her.

Weiss: "Wha-How over-The nerve of-...Ugh!" Weiss finishes stumbling over her words as she gets up in the girls face, before snatching the vial away from her and storming off. Her butlers collecting the luggage and following after her.

Ruby: "I promise I'll make this up to you!" Ruby calls out, still apologetic before turning her attention to the other girl. "I guess I'm not the only one having a rough first day... So, what's..." She notices the girl walking away without a word, this irks me slightly but I let it go. Ruby falls onto her back with an exasperated sigh as she says "Welcome to Beacon..."
She closes her eyes and I can tell shes pretty depressed about this. My eyes dimmed to their normal silver. I wanted to cheer her up so I did the first thing that came to mind and I fell onto my back right next to her. She gave me a confused look but I booped her on the nose and spoke.

Y/n: "Hey I know it wasnt a great start but that Weiss girl had a stick up her butt or something." I stood up as I said this and she got back up on her hands again, still with her head hanging. "It's not the end of the world, I promise. Besides..." I trailed off, getting her to look up with a raised eyebrow as I outstretched my hand to her "you still got me right?" I finished and smiled at her. She smiled back and took my hand as I helped her stand up. I brushed some dust off of her shoulder and moved a misplaced strand of hair out from in front of her face before making eye contact. We enjoyed the moment for a second before the blonde guy from the ship walked over.

Blondie: "Hey is everything okay? I heard the explosion and saw that girl storm off." He asked with genuine concern. "Oh! I'm Jaune by the way." He stated again holding out his hand. I forgot I was still tangible but there was no disappearing now so I shook his hand.

Y/n: "I'm Y/n. Nice to meet you Jaune." I was happy that not everyone so far was as rude as Weiss, and Ruby seemed to share this relief.

Ruby: "Ruby" she introduced as she shook his hand, then snickered slightly as she came to a realization. "Arent you the guy that threw up on the ship?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(And there we are! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, allergies are not making this easy. Word count is 3500 this time around and as always. Until next time.)

(Heres your song as usual. Gnight!)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

11.7K 226 34
After a successful universe save and an accidental universe hop, C wakes up to see a shattered Moon and he just so happens to be surrounded by monste...
9.2K 146 26
"I will protect them, no matter what, even if it means burning the entire remnant to the ground, i will protect them, this is a promise" "This is My...
156K 1.4K 33
In the kingdom of Mistral, there was a young boy by the name of (Y/n), he never really had a good childhood since his parents and siblings had neglec...
6.2K 110 11
(RWBY x Mute Male Reader, Volume 1) First book, spelling mistakes, bla bla you get it. Each volume will be a separate book cuz fuck it. Also, a (not...