The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 52

27.1K 974 119
By readergirl4343

The morning of Christmas Eve I woke earlier than usual, but still came to find a gift on my dresser.
It was beside a cup of coffee that I had already started to drink. The warm coffee was perfect in the morning, and once it was all gone I picked up the note beside the gift box.

Bells - An early Christmas present even though we aren't exchanging gifts until tomorrow xx

I was a small package, a little white box. So small I couldn't fit my pencil in it.
I undid the ribbon and lifted the lid.

For that bracelet of yours

I swooned and carefully took out the tiny silver charms. One was a camera and the other was an archery target.
It was so perfect. He noticed the tiniest of details.

I went and retrieved my Pandora charm bracelet from my jewellery box and put on the new additions.
Then I slid it onto my wrist and smiled.

"I see you got today's gift."

Riley said, coming into my room and giving me a knowing smile.

"Did you know about this?" I ask, holding the bracelet up to show her.

She shakes her head no, "I just saw the prince sneaking in here early this morning when I came to wake you. I didn't want to interrupt so I came back now." Riley explains and I nod.

"He left me sleeping? He could have woke me up." I say to myself confused but brush it off.

Riley shrugs.

"No point dwelling on it. You better get dressed and ready because I'm sure your sisters are impatiently waiting downstairs for you." My maid said.

"My sisters? They're here!"

"Yes, majority of the families flew in late last night. All the Nobilities families are here by now even if they aren't still in the running for Princess." Riley explained.

"Well why didn't you say something sooner, I need to go."

✿✿✿

Finally I was out the door and practically sprinting in the heels down to the Day Room. I loved the dress Riley picked out for the day, it was a lovely colour, dark navy blue.

But I was even more excited to see my gown for the ball tonight that Riley was raving on about but I didn't have time to worry about it.

Making it to the day room, I find it was full of bustle and noise, all different families with girls from the selection.
I search the room until I land on Isla who is already bolting towards me.

"Bella." She squeals and jumps into my arms. I'm already crying happy tears as I spin her round in a hug.

"I missed you Isla." I say and kiss her head once I place her back to the ground.

"Isabelle."

I look up to see my older sister, who's crying, but smiling at me brightly. I pull her into a tight hug, "Oh my god I missed you so much Ellie."
Whether I knew they were coming or not I still felt just as emotional.

"Right back at you Iz." She says and holds me tight in her embrace.
As I pull away I see how much my sisters have grown in nearly two months, how much I've missed.

"Isabelle, you look stunning." Mum comes into view with dad behind her and pulls me into a hug, a hand around me delicately.

Dad then gives me a hug, a proud smile across his face, "Good to see you Izzy."

"You too Dad." I say to him, "I missed you all." I look to my family and smile, I am so glad they were here.
I don't know how Christmas could get any better.

✿✿✿

Once everyone had reconnected with their families Thomas asked the remaining 3 selected and their families to come to the sitting room for a introductory meeting.

Daisy, Harriet and I are moved over to have a quick chat and they looked very nice in fancy dresses.

"It's so good to see my family." Daisy was saying with a smile and I nodded in agreement.

Prince Thomas came over to us girls and greeted us warmly, "Good morning ladies, I hope you enjoy having your families here for Christmas." He says.

"Yes, very much." Harriet said keenly.

He sent me a smile and whispered over to me, "I see you got your charms." He takes my hand gently in his to admire the bracelet.

"Yes, they are so beautiful, thank you Tom." I whisper back with a faint blush. He gives me a charming smile before turning to talk to Daisy.

"I'll get each of you to take me and meet your families." Thomas says to us three and we nod in agreement.

Daisy quickly takes his arm, "My brother is adorable, you'll love him." She pulls him off quickly to introduce him to her family first.

I shrug toward Harriet who's glancing at me curiously and we separate off to our own families.
I make my way back to where my sisters are chatting and Isla is admiring the scenery.

El is watching me and pulls me to her side, "Hey, so the Prince seems friendly."

"He is." I say in agreement and she puts and arm around me in a half hug.

Isla turned to me, "Can I wear pretty dresses too?" She asks cutely.

"Of course, you're going to be the prettiest princess in the palace." I say and she smiles with happiness filling in her eyes.

I can see Thomas has moved to chat with Harriet's family now.

Isla's blonde hair looks fresh and curly like usual, and I knew Riley would love to style that.
Even Elizabeth looks fresh, as if she's had a shower and blow dry. Even though I assumed they had a long plane flight to get here, maybe they had time to get a pamper session at the salon.

Mum and Dad are chatting amongst themselves quietly, but are both smiling and dressed neatly.

"It's Christmas tomorrow." Isla said gleefully with a cheer and El and I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"It's great we get to spend Christmas at the palace." Elizabeth says to me and smiles.

"How was the flight over here?" I ask my sister.

"Good, we got to fly business class, even though mum got a bit motion sick, it was still an amazing experience. England seems lovely." Elizabeth explains.

"That's good, I can't wait to get back to Melbourne and feel the warm sun on my face. How's Bailey?"

"Fine, he was a bit upset to be left with Aunt Cassandra but I'm sure Will and Allie will keep him entertained." She says and that makes me comforted a little.

Bailey was always a loyal dog, he liked spending his time with the family, but I'm sure my cousins would love having him around.

Elizabeth sees my bracelet and smiles, "You got the gift from your friends I see."

I lift it up to show her closer, "Yeah, it's so pretty." I say.

See looks at it closely and sees the extra charms, "Why is there so many charms?"

I blush and duck my head,

"That would be me."

Prince Thomas moves beside me with a smile, and gives my hair a gentle kiss.

Elizabeth looks up to him as if she's sussing him out, but still shows a respectful smile. Thomas is calm, and smiles respectfully back.

"You gave her more charms?" El asks him curiously and he nods.

"Yes, an early Christmas gift." He explains and smiles at me softly.
Seriously this guy is a charmer and it's making me blush.

"Excuse me, why does she get all the gifts?" Isla says, gaining all our attentions.

"Isla! Don't be rude." Elizabeth scolds but Thomas waves it off.

The prince takes Islas small hands in his, "Well, how about we find you a pretty dress to wear tonight? Surely a pretty girl like you would love a gown." Thomas asks softly.

Isla squeals, "Yes! Yes!" She jumps up happily and Thomas smiles proudly.

I watch in admiration as he talks so kindly to my little sister.
He then kisses her head of curls softly and stands back up straightly, "I'm sure we can organise something for you."

Thomas turns to my parents who are watching and judging, mum especially.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr and Mrs Davis." He says politely and mum seems to be in shock.

The prince kisses mums hand and then extends his hand to my father.
Dad shakes his hand firmly, "Please, call me John."
At least it's not too standoffish between them and they seem to be getting along so far.

"It's an honour your highness." My dad says, since my mother is shocked to silence. I've never seen my mother act like this, her mouth dropped open in shock like a fish.

The prince just continues to smile at my parents, "It's wonderful to have you all here." Thomas says and smiles at my parents.

"It is quite the change, never would I think I would meet royalty." My dad said, as if cracking a hilarious joke, and patted Thomas on the shoulder.

Thomas laughed and took it well, nodding and giving me a sweet glance.
The prince moved back to be beside me and I wrapped my arms around his, "Do you think Charlotte would like to meet your sisters?" He asked me in a hushed tone with a grin.

I nod, "Yes, of course." I say and grin happily, leaning against the prince.
Thomas looks to me with a pleased expression and tells me he will be back in a minute. I watch as he quickly heads out the room, probably to find his sister.

"Honey," My mums voice makes me turn to face her as she wraps her arms around me, "I can't believe this, all of this. The prince seems very affectionate towards you, this will do great things for our family." My mother said and gave my shoulders a squeeze.

She was acting as if I was already a princess, and I knew in her eyes it seemed like I was.

"Well I'm excited for the Christmas ball." I say to my mum and she nods happily.

Within a moment King William and Queen Catherine came into the room to introduce themselves to the families. The king went over to Daisy's family and the Queen made her way over in my direction.

"Isabelle, lovely to see you again dear." The Queen said to me and gave me a polite nod, then she looked to my sisters.

"Nice to meet you your majesty, I'm Elizabeth." My sister said with a curtsey and the Queen smiled.

Queen Kate smiled, "A pleasure to meet you, Elizabeth. Your sisters are truely gorgeous like you Isabelle." She said as she turned to me.

My mother then stepped forward to introduce herself and I could see she was a bit nervous.

"Your highness, it's an honour to meet you." My mum said and Thomas' mother smiled.

"Please, call me Kate." The Queen said with a laugh, kissing each of my mothers cheeks in greeting.

"I'm Amber." My mother said and Queen Kate smiled, they seemed to be getting along.
My mum seemed to relax a little which was good.

"How about you join me for some coffee?" Queen Kate offered and my mum lit up.

"That sounds wonderful." My mum said and smiled so happily when the queen took her arm. I watched as the mothers went around and invited Harriet and Daisy's mum with them to be whisked away for their chat.

I felt dad move behind me and he put his hands on each of my shoulders gently, "You really do look like a princess Iz."

I smile and look back at him, "Thanks dad." I say and he smiles.
My dad looks freshly smart, shaved stubble and pressed shirt, compared to usual at home. He must have gotten time off work to come here.

"You look beautiful in that dress. This place has really dolled you up." He says and touches the sleeve of my dress, then the curls in my hair.

I nod, "I'm adapting to the lifestyle." I do a twirl on one of my heels and my father chuckles.

"Mr Davis?"

We turn and see King William standing before us and he's addressing my father.

"Would you care to join the gentlemen for a chat?" He asks and my dad nods at him.

"See you later pumpkin, have fun with your sisters." Dad turns and give me a cast kiss on my forehead, smiling before rushing off after the king.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 14K 30
*HEAVY EDITING IN MOTION* The Chosen Princess (Interracial) * ******THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. SOME CHANGES MAY OCCUR****** The Chose...
81.7K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
164K 5.8K 14
The Princess Competition. Brains may save you over beauty. The event of a lifetime. 20 girls are chosen to compete. 5 being either orphans or from t...
350K 7.5K 29
If there was a competition to win the prince's heart and become the queen wold you enter? it seems like a simple answer, but not for Emily. Emily is...