Teach Me To Behave

By wattjb

A well grounded college freshman convinces her overly protective parents to let her move out of state for sch... More

-Intro-
*Prologue*
1. Little Mrs. Virginia
2. Money Makers
3. Outta Town Girl
4. Innocent Changes
5. Dare To Dare
6. After Math
7. What We Want
8. A Not So-Merry Christmas
9. What You Don't Know
10. Don't Call This Place Home
11. Weekend Jitters
12. Consequences
13. Unbreakable
15. Let It Go
16. This Isn't Goodbye
17. Effortless
18. Hold Your Breath
19. A Night To Remember
20. Wearing Thin
21. Nightmares & Daydreams
22. Home Is Where the Hurt Is
23. To Be
24. Uh Oh
25. Alone
26. You Haven't Seen Crazy
27. Lifeless
28. Skinny Love
29. Where Are You Now?
30. Forever
Thank You!

14. February 14

13.6K 512 621
By wattjb

Staying smooth with Justin wasn't exactly the easiest task. We were completely different people with our mind sets beyond connection. He's outgoing and I'm shy. He's spontaneous and I'm a planner. He's the life of the party and I'm the girl in the corner. For the past month we've continuously pushed each other with our desires and our ways of work. Despite it all though, we can't stay away from each other.

"Hello, you look familiar. Have we met before?" I'm covering the freshly cooked croissants when Joey steps up to the front counter and jokes.

"Haha, very funny." I sarcastically laugh. Joey and I hadn't been seeing each other as much as we would've liked. Besides the fact that college is hectic enough, me now living off campus made it much harder to see Joey, Vicky, or Travis around anywhere.

"How's living in an actual home with Bizzle? You ready to move back on campus yet?" Joey slides into the stool on the opposite side of the counter from me.

I raise my brows, "Actually, it's going pretty well."

Joey slums his head, apparently not believing what I said, "You guys fight like every other hour," He chuckles.

"Yes, but we make up in between each argument." I defend and Joey rolls his eyes. "Couples have little fights all the time, it's not like they're that serious." I cross my arms. Joey stretches his arms up in surrender, he gives into what I was saying. "Can I get you something?"

"A French Vanilla would be great," Joey smiles sillily.

I turn around to the cappuccino machine and get his drink ready in a small white coffee cup. "One condition, it's on the house." I offer.

"Well in that case, throw in one of those croissants." Joey jumps and I giggle before walking over and placing a fresh piece in a plate.

I hand him his order when it's short prep time is complete. "What's with the hospitality?" He asks before biting into his croissant.

I shrug, "A thank you." I slide my hand into the back of my jeans and pull out a small folded paper. Joey glances at it with his mouth full. "It's a check for the grand you loaned me in the beginning of the last semester."

Joey nods, remembering his kind gesture. "So you're doing good then?" He asks and I nod genuinely.

Joey kills the sentimental mood a few moments later by going right back to critiquing my relationship, "So how many times has Bizzle ran away in the past month?"

I roll my eyes contently, "Really?"

Joey laughs at his own joke, "Legit question," he puts his hands up, "You know when I first met him, we used to call him the runaway. Even back in high school, he would always disappear for a days, weeks sometimes."

I furrow my brows. Justin was still living with his parents when he attending that one year of high school. If he'd run away, I highly doubt he'd come back to that wretched home. He wasn't running. He was being hid by his parents. And it made perfect sense. If Justin ever showed up to school with bruises or outer damage, people would start asking questions. His parents were slick, in a cruel way of course.

I choked up and further decided not to respond to Joeys comment. He had no idea what had actually happened to Justin, but that wasn't my story to tell.

Joey and I chatted for a while as he finished up his late breakfast. I cleaned down the counters, so ready for my shift to be over. I also didn't have class today, that meant I got to go home and lay on the couch. All day long.

"Bizzle got anything planned for V-Day tomorrow?" Joey asks while he scoops up the crumbs in front of him.

I shake my head, "Not sure. Though I can't imagine him being the romantic type like that, so I doubt it." I shrugged. I didn't mean to sound ungrateful or anything, I really loved Justin! I just figured, since he hadn't mentioned it yet, that he probably wasn't into that kinda stuff. In all honesty, I wasn't to really into it either.

"Well if you guys end up just chilling, hit me up. Otherwise, I'll probably end up hooking up with some random girl and regretting it by morning." Joey explains.

"Good to see college hasn't changed you." I sarcastically remark knowing that my high school best friend would never say something like that.

"Guess you can thank your boyfriend for that one." He smirks and hops off the chair. I childishly stick out my tongue at him as he walks out the door.

Joey's about to exit, but decides to stick around when we both notice Travis and Vicky step into the shop. "So this is where the party's at!" Travis jokes and bro fives Joey and I. "Yo where's your boy toy? I've been trying to get a hold of him." Travis says looking down at his phone to see no new messages.

I furrow my brows. "Has that been you calling him for the past couple weeks now?" I ask soundly. Justin's phone has been going off non stop lately. Ive asked him several times who the caller is but he says "It's no one".

"Weeks? I'm not in love with the kid." Travis laughs, "Just the past couple hours."

I bite my lip. Joey looks at me, his lips lingering questions. Great, look what I just started. I change the topic quickly, "So what can I get you two?" I turn to Vicky.

She glances up at the menu, "One caramel hot cocoa with whip cream and he wants a donut." She responds pointing to Travis who's making small talk with Joey.

I nod and head to the coffee maker, replacing the grinds with a hot cocoa packet. I set their items on the counter and they decide to take it to go. "I'm gonna go to the mall and look at some dresses for Valentines Day tomorrow." Vicky decides. She asks if I want to come with and I kindly shake her offer.

Travis and Vicky are quick to exit, but not as quick as Joey is to hop right back on the subject I tried to drop.

"Mysterious phone calls?" Joey cocks a brow.

I sigh irritably, but answer him anyway, "He never answers them. He always just turns it to voicemail." I explain washing down the counters.

"You mean he never answers them in front of you." Joey precedes to stretch the conversation.

If you think that it didn't cross my mind that it may be another girl on the other side of that phone call, you're dead wrong. That thought had bugged at me since the first couple calls, but Justin told me that it wasn't anyone I needed to be concerned with. I pushed my thoughts to some type of money issue or drug issue, of course that didn't make me feel any better.

"He told me that it was no one" I strongly state. Joey pulls his chin back, giving his classic I don't buy it look.

"And you believe him?" Joey tests. I open my mouth to speak but then I close it. I'm at an utter blank for words. "You totally don't believe him."

"I do too!"

"Oh come on Mila, I've known you for how long? I can tell when you're not sure about something. It's been months since you two got at it and you still can't find it in you to completely trust him." Joey rants and I shake my head.

"You manipulated me into thinking that way." I scuff angrily. Joey says nothing. He cocks an eye brow at me and folds his lips. Waiting for my retreat that eventually does come. I fold my arms uncomfortably. "Do you think it's another girl?" I mumble.

"See? I didn't even mention it being another girl but that was the first conclusion you jumped to. That's lack of trust 101." Joey lectures putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Okay fine." I whack his resting arm off of me, "So, I don't trust him as much as I should." Was that really surprising? What would your conclusion be?

Joey taps his fingers on the clean counter, "You need to talk to him. Ask him and get an answer or you'll never find it in yourself to trust him."

I sigh, knowing that Joey was right. My stubbornness, however, was a little more punctual. "As of now, he's not doing anything wrong. He's not sneaking out or spending nights away, so there's nothing for me to be worried about." I lied, I was a little worried.

Joey rolls his eyes, "Where is he right now, Mila?"

I look down at the floor. He's at home, but I see Joey's point. How do I know if he's there right now. "Could you let me handle my own relationship." I snarl slipping off my apron for the end of my shift.

Joeys hands go up in defeat, "Your wish is my command." He makes a poof sound and then quickly disperses out of the restaurant.

I walk up the block, rubbing my hands together to keep warm. It wasn't drastically cold in Memphis winters, but it was pretty damn chilly, it usually dipped to around 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit over the winter. The house is empty when I waddle inside. I cozy myself up on the big sofa in the family room and flick the TV on. Catching up on my favorite series, The Vampire Diaries.

I'm only half way through the first episode of the fifth season and there's been at least three commercials about Valentine's day. I roll my eyes at each ad. I doubtfully hoped that we'd end up doing something special tomorrow on the lovers holiday, but I knew that I couldn't be too disappointed when we didn't. It was his lifestyle, if he's not into that type of stuff then I'd just have to learn to suck it up. Even though I said I didn't care too much about tomorrow's holiday. I kinda did.

I dozed off a bit on the couch and was awoken by movement. I sat up, half asleep, and rubbed my eyes before glancing at Justin. He was on the other side of the couch, his legs stretched out next to my body. He was curled up, in nothing but his boxer briefs and his eyes were shut with a calming expression. The corner of his left eye was still slightly bruised from last month, I was surprised it hadn't completely vanished yet. He worried me whenever I wasn't with him. Joey was right, I don't know what he's doing when I'm not around.

The next morning we awakened on the same couch we knocked out on last night. Justin was still lightly snoring when his phone went off and woke me up. He was a much heavier sleeper than I was, a tone from his phone wouldn't have woke him up.

I sat up slowly and glanced at the table where his phone rung from. There it was again. The same number that had been calling him for a nearly a month now. I glanced back at Justin who was still sound asleep on the couch.

I didn't answer the phone. I could've answered and simply whispered a who is this to the person on the other line, but Joey's voice was ringing in my subconscious. You don't trust him. I did trust him, or at least, I tried to. He had told me that this number was someone who wanted something from him and it was nothing I needed to worry about. So I ignored it. I believed in Justin.

I got up and headed upstairs to the guest master bedroom. Yeah, this house was so big it had a master bedroom for guests. Justin had said that no one ever used it though, and since we obviously wouldn't be sleeping in his parents old room, we used the untouched room for ourselves. I ran the warm water and let it drizzle over my body.

When I finished cleansing myself, I got dressed and braided my damp hair as one. I searched in the drawers for the moose so I could give my hair a little volume. I couldn't find it in the bathroom so I wondered if Justin had taken it to his closet where he normally did his hair in the attached mirror. I pulled the closet door open an walked inside to the back shelf where he kept his grooming supplies. I didn't see it on the shelf, so I peeked around the area.

I spotted something that grasped my attention. It wasn't the moose. It was a single rose pedal. I got on my knees and pushed some of his hanging jeans to the side, revealing a bouquet of over a dozen red roses, wrapped in a the prettiest pink bow and with a card sticking out of the top.

I jumped up and I swear I almost squealed. I know I said I didn't really care for Valentine's day, but come on! Every girl loves being romanticized by their loved one. I pushed the pants back into their original position and hid the roses back how Justin had them. I was a little upset I'd ruined the surprise accidentally, but he didn't have to know that.

I ran downstairs and noticed Justin was still asleep. He was on his stomach, one arm hanging off the couch, his mouth open slightly. He had the most innocent face when he slept, I swear. The way his hair softly falls over his head was adorable.

I ran to the kitchen and pulled out supplies for a quick breakfast. I know Valentine's day is usually more for the female, but the guy deserves something too. We weren't buying gifts or anything. So a fresh breakfast in exchange for beautiful roses seemed like a fair trade.

I made waffles, pancakes and French Toast, all shaped into different sized hearts. I sizzled some hash browns and scrambled a couple eggs. I proceeded to soak clean several strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in a big bowl. I finished setting the table just when Justin woke up.

"Damn. I smell something delicious and it's not you." He teases walking into the kitchen with his morning hair and tight boxers.

I place the last batch of steaming pancakes on the table. "No it's not me. It's breakfast." I shrugged gently.

Justin smirks and walks up to me, using his hips to push me backward into the countertop. "I can eat both," he cheekily grins.

I feel my cheeks rush and I glance down, then back up at him. "Well, you're only eating one. And I'll give you a hint, it's not me." I reached behind him and pinched his ass. He jumped forward a bit and laughed down at me, nodding his head.

We sit down for breakfast and eat almost everything I made. I was so satisfied with how far we had come in just a couple months. I didn't have to pretend around him. I could be goofy, serious, sexual, and even a little clingy whenever I wanted to be. I didn't have to mask my emotions or downgrade how I felt. And Justin didn't either. I had uncovered a side of him I never thought was there.

The aftermath of our breakfast hit us hard. We were full to the brim, sitting back in our chairs like couch potatoes. "So what gives? What's with the lovey-dovey breakfast? I thought you weren't into this stuff." Justin asks after finishing the last of his orange juice.

I shrug casually, "I'm not really. Small gestures and a little love is necessary on this day. Not overkill, like some of these Valentine-goers act like it's their wedding day." I chuckle thinking about Vicky and Travis who were renting out a hotel and taking a mini getaway while staying local.

Justin nods in agreement, "Good. I thought I was gonna go have to buy you some huge ass gift," he sounds relieved.

I giggle, "No, no. No gifts." I pause and then give a tightened smile, "Unless it's tonight." I blush at my own attempt to be sexy. Justin's lip curls upward. Good, he got my dirty little joke. "One condition though," I bargain, "No writing about that stuff in your little diary." I pinch Justin's cheek.

I actually notice an expression of embarrassment come over him. That was defiantly a first. He shakes loose my fingers that are locked on his cheek. "Haha, very funny. I haven't written in that thing for months anyway." he rolls his eyes.

It'd only been a few weeks since the whole incident with Evan happened. Watching Justin's private narrative be read aloud to all those people was honestly one of the worst thing I've ever experienced. Justin hasn't been back to a match since. I feel a line of guilt cover me at times. If I would've left that journal where it belonged, none of this would've happened.

"Speaking of which," I trail off for a moment, "When are you planning on getting back in the ring?" I fold my lips and look away as if I hadn't asked the question.

Justin tilts his head, "I'm selling a lot of the crap in this house for good money. Of course, I'll have to get back in there. Just don't know when yet." He shrugs, finally standing up from the dining table. "Don't worry about it babe. It's not because of the whole journal thing-"

"Diary." I correct with a slick smirk.

"It's not a diary!" Justin defends getting heated right away. I stand down, not further arguing. I just liked teasing him honestly. He exhales, "It's not about you or Evan or that night. I'll be back in there soon enough." I nod my head contently.

I stack the dishes from the table and carry it them to the sink. "I need to do a couple errands, then hit the gym for training. You gonna be okay for the afternoon?" Justin asks stretching the waistband on his boxers. I nod my head. Insisting I'd be fine alone this afternoon. I had a lot of studying to catch up on.

Justin heads upstairs and gets dressed for his day. I finished cleaning the kitchen and placed the dishes in their appropriate cabinet. I closed the light in the kitchen and moved into the living room. I picked up the scattered pillows from the floor and the small blanket we had used last night. Justin's phone flipped out of the tangled comforter when I laid it flat to fold. I put it back on the table and finished folding the soft fabric.

The glass table vibrated when Justin's phone lit up with an incoming call. I glanced over at it, it was flipped face down do I couldn't see the screen. I carefully turned it around and looked at the caller ID. There was no name. Just a number. The same number that called again and again. I held the phone in my hands as it vibrated waiting to be answered. I didn't have the heart to go behind Justin's back and answer a phone call he'd told me not to worry about, but I negotiated.

A loud bang shook the floor beneath me and almost made the phone jump out of my fingertips. "What the hell are you doing?! Put the damn phone down!" I turn to Justin who charges at me and grabs the phone from my hands. He glares at it and then looks up at me. "Didn't I fucking tell you not to worry about it? Why are you so damn consistent!" He shouts.

I shrink down, "I was just checking-I wasn't going to-"

"Stop it! I'm not going to warn you again. This is nothing that concerns you-"

I shake my head and interrupt, "Everything that you do concerns me! I'm living with you! It's like the more were together, the further we are apart!"

Justin shakes his head and shoves his phone into his pocket. Not saying another word. A million thoughts race through my mind. Normally when I say a line like that, he comforts me. He reminds me how much he loves me and I do the same in return. What was different this time? Where would your mind fall after all that's happened?

"It's nobody. It's just an old friend trying to get back in touch. He's a little clingy that's all." Justin finally speaks in defense. I know he's lying though. If it was really 'just an old friend' as he claims. Justin's wouldn't have hesitated to tell me that for weeks.

I nod my head and watch Justin was out the door after kissing my forehead goodbye. I sigh tiredly. My mind was racing faster than my heart. I was doubting everything, every move I've made since I stepped foot on this campus for the first time.

Joey calls my cellphone, but I ignore the call for the moment being. I walk up the steps to my room, but I'm distracted after noticing two amputated rose petals. One is sitting on the bottom of the staircase and one is in the hallway leading to our room. I walk through the hallway and into our room. I don't even hesitate to walk towards Justin's closet door and yank it open. I see another rose petal on the floor in the open closet. My heart drops. I fall to my knees and push the pants Justin has hung on the hangers.

The roses are gone.

I sat on the carpeted closet floor, looking over my thoughts and looking over my shoulder at the area where there were once beautiful roses. Beautiful roses that I thought belonged to me. Beautiful roses that are now they're gone. There's a path leading them downstairs. And they certainly weren't handed to me. So where were they?

I locked the doors behind me and walked off the porch of the large house. My eyes were damped and my breath was short. I couldn't imagine Justin cheating on me. I couldn't imagine everything between us meaning absolutely nothing. Maybe he just liked the way I cared for him. Or the way I tasted. Or maybe I was too blind to see this storm approaching from the horizon.

Joey's car pulled up on the driveway and I hopped in. He saw the distraught in my face from the second I stepped I. the car. "Hey, something wrong Mila?"

I shake my head, "No. I dunno." I relaxed my shoulders.

"What happened? You guys fighting again?" Joey reverses the car off the driveway.

I pause momentarily. Taking a minute or two of silence. I straighten posture, "I don't know if I'm just digging too deep or if I'm acting blind because I care about him." I sigh. The rest of our drive is rather silent. We reach the lunch diner, that Joey insisted we eat at, within 15 minutes.

We're settled with our menus and a glass of iced water is placed in front of each of us. Joey is glaring at the menu. I didn't have an appetite at that time. I didn't call Joey because I really cared about eating. I wanted to talk, and I think he knew that. I just didn't know when to begin.

"Do you remember your Junior year? When you went out with Cathy Bilks for nearly 3 months?" Joey nods, pulling his menu down from in front of his face. "How'd you know she was cheating on you?" I knew it was a sensitive topic for him. Cathy was the first, and so far only, girl tag Joey had felt a real connection with, but she cheated on him, with his own father. Talk about twisted, huh.

Joey cocks an eye brow. "You think Bizzle's cheating on you?"

I glanced up at him, only mildly surprised. My question hadn't been all that hard to draw conclusion from. "I don't know. . . maybe? How did you know? What did she do to make you first start to think it?" I elaborated.

I swallowed again, hating what I was making him talk about. Swallowing, he looked down at his water cup. "Uh, I don't know how to answer that, Mila." He looked up, his dark eyes a little darker. "It was more a feeling than facts. She was a little distant, secretive, like she was holding something back, something she wanted to tell me . . . but couldn't." He explains.
I gently closed my eye lids and felt tears form as I took in the similarities. Joey sighed "He is cheating on you, isn't he?"

Not able to answer, I only shrugged as a tear dropped to my cheek. Joey watched it fall, but stayed where he was. "I'm sorry, Mila. I'm not surprised, but I am sorry."

I swiped the quick tear from under my eye. I straightened myself, "What do you mean you're not surprised?" I asked offended.

Uncrossing his arms, Joey ran a hand back through his hair. Looking uncomfortable, he sighed. "Look, I know you love him, but I've known him a long time, and he's not..." He looked at the ceiling for a second and closed his eyes. Reopening them, he met my eye again. "I like Bizzle, you should know this by now, he's just not cut out for a relationship with one person. That's never been his style, Mila. I'm sorry this is happening now, but honestly, I'm more surprised that it didn't happen sooner."

I swallowed, feeling choked by his gently murderous words. The waitress approached us, but Joey waved her off as we were in the depths of something huge.

"You don't know him, not like I do. You don't know what he's been through, the pain he fights, how much he's been tortured. You think he just got beat up as a kid, but it's so much worse than that-" I cut myself short before I pour out any of more of Justin's precious secrets.

"Yeah I got that vibe from the diary thing. I mean, any dude he keeps a diary is a little screwed up, right?" Joey jokes and I flare my nostrils. His fave goes blank, realizing this isn't the time for joking. He shakes his head and clears his throat, "Okay, I could be wrong though. What makes you even think that he's cheating on you?"

I sniffle up my forming emotions and take a deep breath. "Well, there's the phone calls. The same number keeps calling. I heard his phone go off this morning and I glanced at the screen to see who was calling. Justin nearly knocked me over how quick he jumped to snatch the phone back. He's not exactly distant, he goes out a lot and tells me where he's going, but how would I know if he's really where he says. Those things were just worrying little frown lines. But this morning, I was looking for hair gel and I came across over a dozen roses hidden in the back of his closet. I got excited, ya know? I thought he was really going out of his way. But then he left and I spotted a trail of rose pedals. Leading up to his closet that no longer held the roses." I explained, my voice in barely a whisper.

Joey raises his brows. "You need to talk to him, Mila. I don't want to set you off on the wrong foot, but any person who heard what you just said. They'd say he's cheating, without hesitation. Just talk to him."

The waitress returns to take our orders. I declare that I have absolutely no taste for food at this moment. I just wanted to go home to my comfort zone. To Justin.

I return home that afternoon and attempt to study while waiting for Justin to come home. My eyes are heavy from the strain I've put on them today. It had been a long, thoughtful day. By around 7, Justin came through the front door.

"Hi baby." He states, throwing his duffle bag to the side and winding up on my lap on the couch.

Justin's legs were on the sides of me, I smiled warmly as his lips connect with mine. As he pushed his hips into mine, grinding the hardness of his ache with the softness of mine, I wrapped my arms around his head, pulling him into me. God I'd missed him. His lips attached to my neck as his fingers worked their way up my shirt.

But we both realized shortly after that we were not alone. Justin pulled his hands out of shirt and jumped beside me when one of Justin's training partners slides through the door, he goes by the name of Lil Za.

Za slaps his hand over his eyes, "Woah, sorry, didn't mean to interrupt." he removed his hand form over his eyes and smiles cheekily at me. "I was gonna ask you to hang, but obviously you're busy."

Justin hops off the couch and makes his way to the door. He shoves the guy's shoulder, trying to get him to leave the house that we were trying to have a moment in. "Yeah, well, it happens, don't worry about it."

Za surrenders with the nudge of Justin's forceful hands. "Yeah, yeah, I'm leaving." Opening the door, he grinned back at Justin. "Damn man, I don't know how you manage to always score with the hottest chick." He eyed me up and down. I covered myself, even though I was fully dressed, I felt exposed. "And two before the night has begun, bro . . . I wish I had that kind of stamina."

Justin shoves him once again out the door. Za chuckles, "Aye, pass her down when you're done. I don't mind getting your seconds, again."

My face goes pale. I notice Justin's lose color too. I was too dazed to respond. I was too dazed to do much of anything. In a couple of sentences, that man had just confirmed all of my biggest fears. Justin was cheating on me, and it wasn't the first time. The door is finally shut tight and Za is gone I watched as Justin closed his eyes, swallowed, then reopened them. In slow motion, he twisted to face me.

I stood up off the couch and walked past Justin, trying to leave the room. Of course, he wasn't having that. He snatched my wrists and pulls me back toward him. I responded without thinking twice about it. My knee swung upward and I nailed him in the crotch. He let go of me immediately and moved his hands to the source of pain. "You son of a bitch!" I cried in a scream.

Justin winces in pain, "Jesus, Mila, are you gonna give me a chance to explain before you start wailing on me?"

"Explain what! Can you explain 'scoring the hottest chick'? Can you explain 'nailing two chicks before the night has begun'? Can you explain 'passing down your seconds' to him. . .again?!"

Justin straightens himself and brushes off his pain, "Yes, I can explain!" He defends but doesn't go any further.

"Dammit. I'm so stupid" I throw my hands in the air whilst mumbling to myself. Justin flares his nostrils at me. "Are you cheating on me?" I say more as a statement then a question.

Justin shakes his head, "Baby, no. He's making it up! None of it's true. He just has some sort of vendetta against me." Justin's defense is weak. It doesn't shift my conclusion, not one bit.

"And I should believe you, why?" I cross my arms, feeling heat rise to my face. I would not cry. I would not cry.

Justin shrugs, "Because I haven't done anything wrong. Why shouldn't you believe me?" Just then, as if fate was trying to screw with us even further, Justin's phone chirped in his pocket; he'd just gotten a text message. He closed his eyes, seemingly cursing the same fate I was. When he reopened them, he stared at me blankly.

"Do you need to get that?" I seethed, my heart bumping through my chest.

"No." He plainly answers.

My eyes wind up, "What if it's something important."

"It can wait. It's not more important than you." He says swallowing nervously.

"What can wait?" I whimper desperately. I wanted us to fix it. I wanted us to just work through it, but we weren't going anywhere.

"Believe me, please. Baby I'm not hurting you. I love you. I love you." Justin steps in and places his hands on my cheeks. I turn my head away in the slightest.

The heavens were officially battling at who could make the worst possible thing happen. The front door swings open. "There you are! You're never answering my calls." Cassandra pops in. I take a step back from Justin, glaring at him with wide eyes. Then I turn to Cassandra. She has a bag in her hand.

Justin closes his eyes, looking completely destroyed. "Mila. I can explain." he takes a small slither forward but I return the distance by backing away. "She just needed a place to stay for a couple nights. It's not-"

"Yeah?" I swallow the lump in my throat. "She can have my room." I sprint up the steps as fast as I can. Hearing Justin's voice chase behind me.

With all the power in me, I forcefully grab my clothes out of the closet and shove them into a large duffle bag.

Justin comes up behind me, "Mila stop, please, just let me-" He tries to grab the bag from my hand but I maniacally pull away.

"Who's that fucking number that's been calling you!?" My lip quivers as I yell at him. His expression of sincereness vanishes. He doesn't answer.
"Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say." I remark at his silent response.

I finish shoving a few more things into my bag. I nudge past Justin and race down the steps. I charge through Cassandra and march up the block.

Justin doesn't follow me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just when you think all is good...
What're you guys thinking?😴

Make sure to hit that vote button for a new chapter ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fall By Red Snow

Fanfiction

250 0 30
Her mother died at a young age and she got blamed for it got abused by her drunk father grew up with Justin as a BFF and crush she had an abusive BF...
224K 6K 34
Jessica is your everyday not-so-stereotypical nerd. She does not act like regular nerds, who are obsessed with having perfect grades, although she is...
46.9K 941 34
Justin was abused as a kid. Now he's 23, and engaged to his girlfriend of six years, Selena. She is twenty four years old. Justin has constant mood...
145K 3.1K 31
COMPLETED (but editing) Let's talk illegal. When you think of the word illegal, you probably think Theft, Rape, Murder, But have you ever thought of...