Lycans Of The Woods

By Victoriously321

It has been many years since Lycans revealed themselves to the world. Many humans have had difficulty adjusti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 12

41.4K 1.6K 106
By Victoriously321

My blood dripped down to the seat beneath me, and I could feel myself teetering on the edge of darkness, my surroundings becoming in and out of focus as my eyes stung.

Faintly, I could hear the raspy sounds of lycans' growls, their heavy footsteps against snow noticeable and loud even over the noise of the vehicle's engine.

My head slouched forward, eyes drifting shut as Helda began to tend to my wounds, and short puffs of breath escaped my mouth as my lungs began to burn.

The cold wind from outside smarted the side of my face and I grimaced, eyebrows knitting together until Helda shifted my body closer to her own, hearing her soft grunt before something soft was placed against my badly wounded neck.

"Are they gone?" It was a question asked by Helda's cousin many minutes later and it was left unanswered. The car picked up speed and my body jostled, pain rippling through my upper back. I groaned softly, and whatever Helda held to me was pressed tighter.

With much effort I began to open my mouth, to explain to Helda that it was not just my neck that was profusely bleeding, but I drifted into seemingly never ending darkness before I could utter a single word.

And when I awoke again, we were still in the car. My coat was gone, along with the sweatshirt underneath and I was left in a shirt, with the back ripped down the middle. The scratches on my back were securely bandaged and my neck continued to throb painfully.

Helda was asleep beside me, and the engine was now a soft purr that made my eyelids heavy. Nonetheless, I straightened from my hunched position, placing my palms against my kneecaps and meeting Elizabeth's sharp eyes in the rearview mirror, seeing the flicker of relief in them, before being washed over and replaced with exhaustion.

"They are no longer following us." Elizabeth informed me softly, voice shaky. "We're safe, Olivia."

I swallowed thickly, hearing the scoff from her husband, Ryker. His hands were tightly gripping the steering wheel, knuckles white and face grim. "We won't be safe until we reach home."

The car jerked when it drove over a rocky road, and my fingers gripped my kneecaps, feeling the seat belt digging almost painfully into my chest.

I absently noticed that the windows were now rolled completely up, and warmth floated around the car, wafting over my exposed skin.

I tentatively placed a hand against a bandage, eyes moving to the window and watching the snow drift down to the earth. A pang arose in my chest as my thoughts went to Yanneek, and I had no doubt that Hannes would immediately go to him for answers relating to where we would be.

But, as far as I was concerned, Yanneek did not know the exact location of the community which we were travelling to.

"How long will it be until we reach your home?" I asked, voice barely audible and rough.

I was beginning to feel weak again, but I strained to listen as Ryker clipply responded,

"We should reach Corozal in approximately two hours," Ryker slowed the car, head turning to look towards me. "After you have recovered, we have much to discuss, young lady."

His gaze went to my bandages pointedly and my hand stilled against them, eyes narrowing only slightly before I nodded in understanding, redirecting my attention towards the window, recalling Elizabeth's words about out running lycans, but still searching for any possible signs of them.

Eventually, the need for rest crippled fear and I was once again consumed with darkness.

********

I awoke to the sound of running water.

Automatically, my head slowly turned towards the noise and I examined the fairly clean sink merely a few feet away, watching as water poured relentlessly from the grey tap.

Panic grew as I examined the unfamiliar environment, the small couch which I laid upon and the wooden furniture around me. The water continued to flow from the tap, and my teeth gnashed together at the sound, at the water which was going to waste.

I stood, pulling off the blankets which covered my body and stood carefully, eyes flickering down briefly to what looked to be my newly bandaged ankle before refocusing on the sink.

Crossing the room, I shut off the tap, hand staying against it as I lifted my head to stare into the mirror resting above it on the wall.

Grimacing at the dark, tired eyes staring back at me, I immediately shifted my gaze to the bandages on my neck and I exhaled quietly I recalled the fight with Anabelle. Pain still lingered from the wounds she had inflicted, but I couldn't help but smirk slyly, for I was alive, and she was not.

My head jerked backwards at the sound of a door opening, and I watched as Helda stepped into the room, gripping a bucket and at first, unaware that I was standing.

It was only when she placed the brown bucket down by the nearby fireplace that she looked up, stared towards the empty couch and then moved around on her feet in confusion until she faced me.

Her wet hair fell limply across her face,and her smile was soft. "How are you feeling?" She asked quietly, walking towards me and observing my expressions as she gestured to the bandages. I shrugged lamely, my tongue running over my bottom lip again.

Helda watched the act, and she disappeared out of the room and returned with warm water in a glass.

As I drank, she directed me back to the couch and watched as I desperately quenched my thirst.

"This house will be yours." Helda revealed once I was finished with the water and had thanked her. I paused at her statement in surprise, fingers tightening around the now empty glass.

At her nod of confirmation, I looked around me, examining the furniture and fireplace with newfound interest and followed Helda when she eventually showed me around the house.

There wasn't too much to see; outside of the room which I had woken up in was a simple kitchen area and then a bedroom with an adjoining bathroom.

"My aunt has spoken to the council about you being here, and they have agreed to let you stay."

"The Council?"

Helda dipped her head in a nod, her gentle smile returning at my confusion. However, her strange, blue eyes watched me carefully, guardedly. "The council consists of men and women who many go to so that any problems which may arise can be solved. Some of the council members also train people here," Helda paused, and her fingers skirted over a light blue curtain by the bedroom window. "A couple of them may visit later today, to ask you some questions, but you need not fear them. They have no intentions of harming you."

Helda went on to show me some bandages for my wounds, informed me that a nurse would also be paying a visit later tonight to look over me thoroughly and stayed for a little while, departing only when I assured her that I would be fine.

The closet inside of the bedroom held many clothes, some which I changed into after showering and bandaging where necessary. Nerves constantly pricked at my stomach when I finally stood in the doorway of the bedroom, exhaling through clenched teeth.

I could hear people outside of the house but was unable to understand what exactly they spoke of.

Warily, I walked to a window and managed to peer through it, catching sight of two men and women, their large dark hats obscuring most of their upper faces as they walked by, huddled close together, pace quick as the snow continued to heavily fall.

I pressed closer to the window, attempting to see more of what was outside, but a sudden knock drew me away. I sighed loudly, nerves emerging once more as I reluctantly walked to the front door, shuddering at the coldness of the wooden floor against the soles of my bare feet.

I opened the door partially, unable to force a polite smile upon my face to the man behind the door despite the warm grin which curved his lips. A look over his shoulder showed another gentleman, who simply looked on with a scowl etched onto his mouth.

"You must be Olivia," The man closest to me spoke, his light blue eyes searching my face with curiosity. He was a tall man with broad shoulders and a sharp, angular face which I could not deny to be attractive. White teeth showed when he smiled wider, lifting a hand and offering it to me. "My name is Eric Mason and the overly excited man lurking behind me is Bryant Hendrick. We are apart of the Corozal Council."

My hand shakily lifted from the door handle which I had been gripping, and I clutched his hand, noticing the way his own enveloped mine.

A quick glance over his clothes showed that he wore a grey uniform, and different badges hung from the right side of his long-sleeved shirt, but it was partially hidden by the black trench coat he wore over the uniform.

Eric cleared his throat, stepping closer to me and I resisted flinching at his nearness.

"May I come in? We just have a few questions for you, and then we'll be on our way."

I said nothing, but my gaze flitted to the silent man behind him before I stepped backwards, opening the door further so they could enter. I closed the door behind them when they did and when I turned, I found that Eric was already watching me.

"Is the house to your liking, Olivia?" He inquired, eyes finally dragging away from my own and towards our surroundings, before quickly landing back on me.

I nodded slowly. "Yes. Thank you."
Eric's eyes ran over my form once more before he strode confidently into the living room; it almost seemed like he had perhaps lived in this house before and I watched him with a surprised frown.

"We should talk in here." He called over his shoulder. I followed quietly, feeling the gaze of Bryant on the back of my neck until I settled down on the couch. It was fairly small and Eric took up most of the space, so Bryant had no choice but to stand and he did so behind me, in the doorway.

Eric immediately angled his large body to face me, long fingers lacing together, the friendliness from his face falling away. His face was slightly cast in darkness as the light from the fireplace did not reach him entirely.

"How old are you?" Eric asked immediately, evidently beginning his line of questioning.

"Twenty."

Eric nodded and my back tensed as I heard the shuffle of feet behind me on the floor. However, I kept my gaze fixated on the man who'd already ask another question, this time inquiring about my time in the Klawmoon prison.

"Helda said that you both were in the Klawmoon's prison for a long time," Eric informed me at my taken aback expression. "She wouldn't go into detail about why you were brought there and thought it was best that I ask you myself."

I hesitated, becoming saddened and angry, which frequently occured whenever I remembered the circumstances which led me to being imprisoned. Eric immediately picked up on my shifted mood, and after a short glance towards his companion still standing behind me, said,

"I guess we could speak about that at a later date."

"Have you ever heard any of the lycans speak of attacking towns?" Bryant spoke finally and I moved in my seat so that I could see him properly. A dark scowl adorned his face and it was clear he was unhappy being here.

I paused, thinking deeply. "They hadn't spoke of attacking towns throughout the last few weeks when I was there. However, years ago, I overheard guards mentioning of their Alpha planning attacks in a particular town," I closed my eyes briefly, attempting to recall the name, but Bryant interrupted me.

"Was it Springview?"

My eyes snapped open and I nodded, wincing as I did so. My fingers pressed against my neck and I could feel both of the men watching me doing so.

"That town had been taken over by lycans approximately five years ago." Eric told me. I spoke again, explaining it was around that time when I'd overheard the whispers from the guards regarding Springview.

"We'll be sending over a nurse to check on you daily if necessary until you've recovered. I do have more questions about the other pack you were staying in recently, but I'm sure Helda wouldn't mind answering them." Eric finally said, after asking more questions about the Klawmoon Pack which I could not really answer.

There was not much information I could provide; I was kept in prison for all of my years there and had little interaction with lycans, other than the guards who had been watching over me.

Eric stood and I immediately did as well, awkwardly. Amusement shone in his eyes briefly at my quick yet strange, movements and then he looked over to Bryant.

"We'll be leaving you now." Eric stated, straightening out the sleeves of his coat, whilst Bryant simply left the room.

I arched an eyebrow as he swung the door open, listened at the way it bang closed loudly behind him.

Eric gave me an apologetic look and brushed past my still form, only pausing to glance back at me, a grin returning on his lips, eyes glittering with mild mischief and interest as he promised,

"I will be seeing you soon, Olivia."

********
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. The next one is on Inkitt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.8K 2.1K 50
(Completed) Logan Avery is a Werewolf that is presumed dead. After being away from his home for many years, he has to return home to fulfill a prophe...
16.8K 858 19
"i wish i was that cookie..." "uh..?" - everyday, at three p.m sharp, beomgyu comes in and orders the same thing. yeonjun always tries to shoot his...
454K 12K 40
WARNING: This book contains themes of violence and sexual acts that may not be suitable for some audiences. Please read with caution. Making somethi...
91.9K 4.9K 32
Boulder and Lecter are twin brothers and have always done things together. From training to one day take their father's title as King Alpha of all we...