Complicated | Kai Chisaki x R...

By krinzum

You're a 21-year-old billionaire, part-time Pro Hero, who becomes the Boss of the Sicilian Mafia and falls fo... More

🤍Synopsis🤍
🤍Doltish Dawn🤍
🤍Otiose Oaf🤍
🤍Nitid Nub🤍
🤍Obedient Odyl🤍
🤍Two Tell🤍
🤍Malum Morte🤍
🤍Hollow Habits Halted🤍
🤍Celestial Cognizance🤍
🤍Enigmatic Enemy🤍
🤍Languor Life🤍
🤍R & R🤍
🤍Fated USJ Fall🤍
🤍Beloved Butler🤍
🤍Beloved Butler Pt.2🤍
🤍Capo Dei Capi🤍
🤍Blessed Being🤍
🤍Adumbrated Art🤍
🤍Gauzy Godfather🤍
🤍Gauzy Godfather Pt.2🤍
🤍Gauzy Godfather Pt.3🤍
🤍Gauzy Godfather Pt.4🤍
🤍Nocturnal Narc🤍
🤍Indolent Idiot🤍
🤍Loveless Life🤍
🤍Head Honcho🤍
🤍Pallid Peace🤍
🤍Ardent Ace🤍
🤍Balking Beau🤍
🤍Rare Reset🤍
🤍Tacrine Truth🤍
🤍Butler Beloved🤍
🤍Tête-à-Tête🤍
🤍Stinted Superstar🤍
🤍Stinted Superstar Pt.2🤍
🤍Aspersion Attack🤍
🤍Precarious Partner🤍
🤍Dex Departure🤍
🤍Sadistic Saboteur🤍
🤍Delightful Dinner Diversion🤍
🤍Cozy Chat🤍
🤍Sin Saccade🤍
🤍Sin Saccade Pt.2🤍
🤍Truth Be Told🤍
🤍Butler Beloved Pt.2🤍
🤍Duty and Devotion🤍
🤍Imperium Infirmity🤍
🤍Sports Festival Sabotage🤍
🤍Unrequited Unhappiness🤍
🤍Shroud of Sorrow🤍
🤍Lethargic Luv🤍
🤍(B/n)🤍
🤍Envious Énouement🤍

🤍Sane Sycophant🤍

1.8K 68 45
By krinzum

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

This text: English

𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐱𝐭: 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞

𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖊𝖝𝖙: 𝕽𝖚𝖘𝖘𝖎𝖆𝖓

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

*Warning: Two Heroes Movie Spoilers!!!*

*2 months later*

8 A.M

(L/n) Manor, (L/n) Private Island, Japan

It was the same each day. The morning came with tranquil dismay, easily overcome by the sun's warm rays. The sky was painted lavender, dazzled with a brilliant amber tone. The colors merged with the pinkish glow on the tinted clouds. The sunrise was beautifully canvassed this particular morning. Ace would've enjoyed this view.

As would (B/n).

The days moved on. No contact had been made by the League of Villains. It was only when you focused on that particular detail that the signs of panic became prevalent. Like a discomfort in the chest, head pounding from the excess caffeine. And then it'd set deeper. The urge to hide away on the private island, alone with noxious thoughts of concern.

By now you'd thought you'd have those emotions sorted out, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. You felt like a child. Terrified. Constricted feelings grew, strangled by the past. It couldn't be helped. You missed those you mourned, but (B/n) was all that was left. Had it not been for a particular person's constant support, you'd have crumbled underneath the pressure. And when you felt helpless, the Yakuza Capo would come to your aid. Like a loving figure, he'd 'kiss' the pain away with mere patience.

All of his own accord.

Leaning over the balcony's rail, you breathed in the fresh Summer air and looked over at the tempered glass box.

"𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖆 𝖇𝖊𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖎𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖉𝖆𝖞, 𝖎𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖎𝖙 𝕬𝖈𝖊?"

"𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧."

You slightly pivoted in the direction of the male voice, "𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐞."

"𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐟𝐮𝐥."

"𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬."

Chisaki handed over a mug of your favorite morning beverage and placed a coaster on a coffee table nearby.

Sipping the drink in hand, you hummed. "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬."

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 (𝐟𝐚𝐯/𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐤)."

"...𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨."

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝. 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨."

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤."

"𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞."

You frowned, "𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐢 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 𝐈 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟."

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐧, (𝐋/𝐧)."

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐢𝐭."

The Japanese Oyabun stepped closer, distantly standing by your side. Today marked the second-monthiversary of Ace's death. When he received your call, he already anticipated the emotional uneasiness you'd endured in your solitude.

Why he traveled three hours in the middle of the night to soothe you, was unknown. It'd become second nature at this point for him to drop everything and come to your apparent rescue. Not that he ever expected to receive anything in return for his efforts, but the dissociation between you and his work life greatly mended the personal relationship between you both.

A trivial sacrifice when he's succeeded in gaining your trust. But have you received his?

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟?"

You nodded, "𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐜𝐞."

"𝐈 𝐬𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡. 𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲?"

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞."

"𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧."

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥."

"𝐇𝐦?"

You smiled, "𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬."

"𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞." He slightly bowed towards the glass box and waved in your direction. "𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞."

Chisaki left the large bedroom. From the edge of the balcony, you watched as he climbed into the limousine driver's seat and drove off into the distance.

A faint red tint crept onto your cheeks.

'...Overhaul...'

A mellow voice called out from behind.

"(𝐇/𝐧)."

The aching pain in your chest dropped.

'No...'

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

You clenched your fist as you turned to face the mystery figure. "𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫?"

"...𝐇𝐞'𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠."

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐰-𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝. 𝐈'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞."

Kurogiri activated his Quirk, warping a sickly pale figure tied to a chair beside him.

Your eyes widened, "(B/n)!"

His head tilted forward, groaning in response to your voice.

Before you could react properly, the purple henchman warped him back to his hiding spot and deactivated his Quirk.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲-"

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥."

"...𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭."

Kurogiri returned to the other hideout.

You shakily caressed the tempered glass box and gritted your teeth. "𝕴'𝖑𝖑 𝖇𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖈𝖐, 𝕬𝖈𝖊. 𝕴 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖊. 𝕴 𝖜𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖑𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖘𝖊 𝖇𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖉𝖘 𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖆𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘."

Bloodport.

...

League of Villain's Warehouse, Yokohama City, Japan

You huffed as you entered the dark abode. "𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐢!"

"(𝐋/𝐧) (𝐅/𝐧)?"

A small gasp escaped your unclenched mouth.

'...No... I was so blinded by my rage, I forgot to change...'

A tall, bulky man with dark red hair and yellow eyes stood beside the large villain. Dark patches of skin covered his mouth and nose that extended across his right eye. He stared, completely caught off guard by your presence.

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, (𝐇/𝐧). 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐦, 𝐚 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞."

Wolfram chuckled, "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞, 𝐡𝐮𝐡? 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐝 𝐚 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐭."

Kurogiri's Quirk appeared behind the new villain.

He grinned, "𝐒𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞, (𝐇/𝐧)!", and hopped into the warp.

The purple portal vanished soon after, leaving you alone with the Symbol of Evil.

"𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝-"

You crossed your arms, "𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤."

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐈-𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝?"

"𝐆𝐨 𝐨𝐧."

"𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈-𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐨 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤 𝐀𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞. 𝐀𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡 𝐬𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧."

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐮𝐩?"

"𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫."

You glared at him. All for One observed as you made a short phone call and turned back to him. The helpless and torn aura that radiated from you confirmed the weak mental state you currently found yourself in. And he had that dead child of yours to thank for that.

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞-𝐭𝐨-𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝."

"𝐖𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐦 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝."

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭? 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐭." You turned to face him, "𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦."

Bloodport.

...

(L/n) Manor, (L/n) Private Island, Japan

You wandered over to the glass box, "Forgive me, Ace. I won't be here today. Duty calls."

...

10 A.M

Central Tower, I-Island

I-Island.

An artificial moving island inhabited by over ten thousand scientists. Created to gather the world's top researchers to a safe place where their combined talents could study Quirks. Several countermeasures are placed to prevent criminal activities. The island's security system was on par with that of Tartarus Prison, many structures built were sturdier than bomb shelters. However, it was complete with four different cities separated by large bodies of water and natural foliage. There were beautiful beaches, great lakes, and incredible municipalities to be explored. A residential district, a business district, and schools were also built for the families of the researchers.

Scientists could not leave the island, to ensure confidentiality. It was perhaps the safest place a family could only dream to live in. There had never been a villain attack before.

That was until today.

I-Island was home to the famous I-Expo, a city-wide event that showcased all the island's technological advancements. Professional heroes were invited by the event sponsors and people were permitted to use their Quirks in public.

Since the only way to enter the island was through the airport located on the outer ring, where anyone coming in from the outside must pass a security inspection at various gates, it wasn't an option for you unless you wanted your identity to be revealed through their scans. Not that (A.I/n) would've allowed it, but it was better not to meddle with the machines.

Heroes who came were sponsored. And although you had numerous offers, you decided to keep it personal and sponsor yourself instead. No suspicion would be raised since your interview with Vogue had Ace clearly state who her favorite hero was. It only seemed natural for (L/n) to sponsor (H/n) on this dreadful day of remembrance.

For Ace. And now, you were here for (B/n).

Teleporting inside the hotel suite your sponsor paid for, you scanned the area for hidden cameras and destroyed them. On this island, privacy wasn't exactly a right.

The expo wouldn't be fully open until tomorrow, so your options to roam around were limited. Your knowledge of Wolfram's attacks was practically nonexistent. In whatever way he planned to achieve his goal tonight, you'd be just as surprised as the rest of the island dwellers.

A painful contraction on the side of your stomach came in a gnawing sensation.

'...I should've had a proper breakfast before coming out here...I need to get a bite...'

"Where's the nearest cafe?"

A holographic map appeared through your mask, visible only to your wandering eyes. A red dot appeared, a few blocks away from Central Tower.

"Thanks (A.I/n)."

Bloodport.

Standing in front of a large cafe, you seated yourself underneath an empty umbrellaed picnic table. With the menu in hand, you examined the list of appetizers and drinks.

"𝐎𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐝! 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 (𝐇/𝐧)?"
"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭, (𝐇/𝐧)?! 𝐀𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 (𝐇/𝐧)?!? 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐞?!"

Turning your head, you saw two teenage waiters checking you out two tables away. Accompanied by another group of friends and a familiar green-haired boy. Of the two waiters, one had short blonde hair with a black lightning-shaped streak on the left of his side fringe of a skinny build while the other boy was relatively smaller in size and had four large purple and black spheres resembling that of a mohawk on his head.

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲."

The two waiters approached your table and nervously fidgeted their notepads.

"𝐖-𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" asked the blonde.

You handed the menu to the purple-headed midget and gave your order.

Both bowed their heads and simultaneously said, "𝐘𝐞𝐬! 𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲!"

As the two walked back inside the cafe, hundreds of people flooded your table. Security guards eventually came to the scene but ended up joining the multitude of fans. You conversed with a few and obliged to their requests: the usual selfie, autograph, video shoutout.

The manager of the cafe arrived and delivered your order.

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞!"

The staggering crowd that quickly gathered around became too numerous. Your thoughts became scattered, unable to comprehend their ringing voices. Muscles tensed up as your mind went blank. Unable to speak out as your mouth dried up. A pounding rather bothersome sensation beat inside your chest. Your breathing became shorter as your body now trembled.

"𝙸𝙽𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝙴𝚇𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

You lifted your shaky hands defensively as more fans poured in.

'...Step back...please...'

"𝙱𝙿𝙼: 𝟷𝟺0, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙸'𝚖 𝚍𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗 𝚌𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚕 𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚜. 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚎𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚢?"

'...I...I can't move...'

"𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙸𝚅𝙰𝚃𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚛 𝙹𝚎𝚝𝚜."

Mounted in the palms of the hero suit's hands and feet, (A.I/n) manually turned the powerful energy blasts on and carried your paralyzed body to the window of your hotel room.

This repulsor effect was created in the event your Quirk was somehow compromised. Excess electrons turned into muon, infiltrating atomic matter causing the suit to propel. An electric current runs through the suit's nanobots that create plasma, which would then ignite the energy for projection.

It was a fail-safe tactic. Not that you have ever used it before. Until today.

"𝙸𝙽𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝙴𝚇𝙷𝙰𝙻𝙴... 𝙷𝚘𝚕𝚍... 𝚁𝚎𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

You leaned against the glass building and attempted to control your ragged breaths.

'What happened back there?'

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚞𝚗 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚊𝚐𝚗𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚜?"

Taking over the repulsor jets, you propelled toward the top of Central Tower's roof and safely teleported the bag of food back to your hotel room. Leaning against the rail, you detached the faceplate of your mask and immediately hyperventilated.

'I can't do this mission. I'm sorry, (B/n)...'

"𝙼𝚊'𝚊𝚖-"

"Call Overhaul."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙳𝙸𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶..."

Panic settled in. It was harrowing. Perilous. In times like this, all a person needed was the reassuring presence of someone calm and stable. The opportunity to co-regulate with another often helped beyond measure. Simply being there made the most enormous difference.

But no one came.

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚟𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚒𝚕?"

The psychological trauma that damaged your complex mind resulted from a chain reaction of loss and exceedingly complicated situations. The stress overpowered every other emotion, leaving you anxiously vacant. It was a pain you couldn't conquer alone.

"I need an outlet."

"𝚂𝙲𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶... 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚙𝚑𝚢𝚜𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚕 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚋𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

"That'll do."

The faceplate reattached itself.

Bloodport.

Barely landing on your shaking legs, you found yourself in front of a "Villain Attack" attraction. Clumsily wandering inside, the crowd from the stands roared as someone had completed the course in fourteen seconds.

'Is that...Shoto?'

The giant jumbotron overhead focused on your figure.

A female referee gasped, "(𝐇/𝐧)?"

"𝐌𝐲 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧."

She nodded. Several villain robots sprouted from different areas of the rocky landscape.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐭!"

The crowd grew louder.

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭!!"
"𝐁𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟒-𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝!!"
"𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐞 (𝐇/𝐧)!!!"
"𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐬𝐬!!"
"𝐆𝐨 𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭, (𝐇/𝐧)!!"
"𝐃𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐬!!"

"Mute unwanted ambient sounds."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

The surrounding noise canceled out. All that remained was your anxiety which became nothing but background noise. There were times like this when you could do something about that waning feeling, other times you couldn't. But you had responsibilities. Like this mission to accomplish. And a way to vent.

"𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲? 𝐆𝐨!"

Bloodport.

Appearing inside the rocky landscape you touched the ground, Blood Transformation, and instantly turned the area into a pool of blood. Evaporating the red remnants, you sustained a level-headed mind.

"𝐀 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝟓 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬! 𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐝!"

The crowd went wild, chanting your codename repeatedly. Though you heard none of it.

'I feel...better...'

You sighed, making your back through the entrance tunnel. Exiting the arena, you spotted the same group of kids from the cafe nearby as a few more joined them.

'Midoriya is here too?...'

A heterochromatic pair of eyes met with yours as you glossed over the group of children.

'I was right...He is here...Oh no...'

His mouth moved, but you heard nothing.

Feeling a sense of fatigue, you shook your head.

'I need a nap...'

"Unmute ambient sounds."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

"(𝐇/𝐧)-"

Bloodport.

...

6 P.M

Reception Hall, 2nd Floor, Central Tower, I-Island

The central tower hosted over a hundred floors, each with a different purpose. An elevator with restricted access and a set of stairs led to every level. I-Island security was managed from the control room on the top floor. Each floor was secured with shutter doors and special roof hatches in case of an emergency.

None of this, however, impressed you. Not the technology, not the people.

Shield extended his arm out in an excited manner. "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧, (𝐇/𝐧)!"

You shook the well-esteemed scientist's hand, "𝐈𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭? 𝐈'𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐮𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦."

He chuckled, "𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

"(𝐋/𝐧)."

His eyes widened, "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐞? 𝐈𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

"𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭. 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥."

"𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐞."

"𝚂𝙲𝙰𝙽𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶...𝚆𝚘𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚊𝚖 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚕 𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚖, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

You bowed, "𝐈'𝐦 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰."

"𝐖𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐜𝐡? 𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐮𝐭𝐲."

"𝐀𝐡, 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝."

'Yagi is here? That means the villain may fail...and I won't see (B/n)...Unless I interfere...'

"𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐃𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐝."

Bloodport.

...

Control room, Top Floor, Central Tower, I-Island

Wolfram smirked as he laid his eyes on you. "𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧, 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥?"

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧."

Bloodport.

...

Botanical Garden, 80th Floor, Central Tower, I-Island

You landed atop a highly elevated bridge, floors away from the party and the chaos which was to ensue shortly. Sitting down on the fresh, clean grass, you reached through a crimson portal and grabbed the bag of food you received earlier.

'Nom-noms...'

The lower portion of your mask uncovered itself as you lifted the meal to your mouth. After a bite, you smiled to yourself and ate silently.

"𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕. 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚕-"

"Patch him through."

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝?"

"𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭. 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲."

"𝐀𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧?"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞."

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫."

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭."

"...𝐈𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

"𝐎𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞. 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐞𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥."

"...𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲."

Suddenly, the entrance door to the Plant Factory exploded.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭?"

"...𝐈 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨."

"(𝐋/𝐧)-"

Turning on your stomach, you crawled to the edge of the bridge. A group of kids sprinted inside the establishment. You immediately recognized one particular teenager and quietly gasped.

'Shoto?'

They stopped abruptly and hid behind a couple of bushes. The elevator dinged and two villains walked out of it.

"𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."
"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐬."

You sat up, unable to be seen from that distance, and watched as the spectacle unfolded.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬."

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲, 𝐲𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐝?" said a blonde porcupine.

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧' 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?" asked the henchman.

"𝐇𝐚. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐭𝐨𝐨."

The cocky blonde stepped forward but was stopped by a spiky redhead kid.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐦𝐚𝐧, 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞. 𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲?" He turned to the two henchmen and laughed awkwardly. "𝐔𝐦, 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲? 𝐂𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧?"

One of the henchmen then activated their Quirk and aimed their blast at the two kids.

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭!"

A massive ice shield formed in between them and protected the teenagers from harm. Another ice pillar then raised the rest of the group to the next floor. You watched as Todoroki explained the situation to the other two teenagers before they engaged the henchmen in battle.

From the far end of the garden, the other group blasted through another entrance and found themselves trapped. Their only way up was a small door on a nearby roof panel. Not concerned about their situation, you looked back to the fight and continued to spectate.

The villains proved themselves strong against Todoroki and the blonde, Bakugo. One of the henchmen shifted into a beast while the other stretched out its webbed fingers and hollowed out spaces with them. Bakugo defeated the guy with the beast-shifting Quirk while Todoroki used his left side to spark an explosion on the other henchman and froze the villain in place.

'Wolfram's men...'

Bloodport.

...

Control room, Top Floor, Central Tower, I-Island

"𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐔.𝐀. 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡'𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝." reported Swordkil.

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦. 𝐁𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐭. 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟖𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫, 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭?"

"𝐘𝐞𝐬, 𝐬𝐢𝐫!"

Wolfram ordered through a walkie-talkie, "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝟏𝟎𝟎 𝐭𝐨 𝟏𝟑𝟎 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐭 '𝐞𝐦 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐲."

You yawned and caught both of Wolfram's subordinates by surprise.

"(𝐇/𝐧)?! 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?" asked Swordkil.

"𝐇𝐞𝐲, 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭?" asked Hacker.

"𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬."

You crossed your arms, "𝐈'𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐮𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

Something popped up on the computer screen, alarming the two henchmen.

Swordkil called Wolfram, "𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬' 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐬. 𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬."

"𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫. 𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐞𝐭 '𝐞𝐦 𝐬𝐩𝐲 𝐨𝐧 𝐮𝐬."

The two henchmen watched the screen for a few moments then cheered.

"𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐬. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐧?" asked Swordkil.

"𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐰."

Swordkil bit his thumb, "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠."

Wolfram barked orders, "𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐤𝐢𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐃𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐥 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

Swordkil sprinted out, leaving you alone with Hacker.

"𝐒𝐨, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐈-𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝?"

You walked over, grabbed the gun in his pocket, Blood Transformation, and evaporated the red body fluid. "𝐍𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬."

The doors abruptly opened.

Wolfram smiled in your direction, "𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨, (𝐇/𝐧)?"

"𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?"

"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐭. 𝐈 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞. 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝟓. 𝐋𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨, 𝐇𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫."

Both men then left the control room.

'I can't believe All Might hasn't shown up...Something is definitely wrong...But it's not my problem...It can't be...Not while (B/n)'s life is at risk...'

Bloodport.

...

Roof, Central Tower, I-Island

The deafening chopper sounded as it landed. The night had gone by so fast that you were surprised Wolfram had gotten this far.

One of the henchmen came out of the helicopter and fired their weapon at you. The bullet hit your hero suit and fell to the ground, completely shattered.

"𝐈𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐭, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

He lowered his gun and put it away, "𝐘-𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭??"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡."

You turned around and saw Wolfram carry an injured David Shield over his shoulder, holding him with one hand while the other held onto a silver case.

'He did it?...'

The pilot henchman beside you spoke, "𝐁𝐨𝐬𝐬, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐞?"

Wolfram, along with Hacker, approached the helicopter. "𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧' 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞."

The pilot ran back to the chopper.

"𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐞, 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨?"

Shield gazed at your feet, unable to recognize the detailing.

You crossed your arms and teleported to the top of the signal tower, meters away from the helicopter. Wolfram placed Shield's body inside the chopper along with the suitcase but suddenly turned around as a voice yelled from the entrance.

"𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩!"

'Midoriya?'

The green-haired boy leaned against the doorframe, "𝐆𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰!"

Wolfram exchanged a few words with the student, followed by Midoriya sprinting toward the flying vehicle. Wolfram attempted to impede the boy from reaching him using his Quirk.

You hesitated, a portal conjured but disappeared shortly after.

'No...the boy isn't my priority... I need that suitcase, but I can't risk being seen...'

Barraged by an onslaught of bullets, Midoriya clung to the helicopter's rim and refused to let go. Shield regained consciousness and tackled Wolfram as Midoriya plunged onto the helipad below.

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞!"

'All Might?'

You watched as Toshinori soared through the helicopter and rescued the scientist, sending the villains to the ground. Wolfram emerged from the remains of the crashed helicopter and attacked both Toshinori and Shield, who were now trapped in a metal casing.

Wolfram had adorned the Quirk Amplification device on his head, increasing his power. With his enhanced powers, he transformed the tower's roof into a scrap metal prison. He nearly crushed All Might under a steel barrage until Todoroki and Bakugo come to aid the Japanese hero. Soon, all the other students joined the field.

Toshinori broke through Wolfram's iron defenses and gained the upper hand.

Or so he thought.

Utilizing scarce metal wires, Wolfram crushed Toshinori with his own hand. The smile plastered on Japan's number one's face faded. Wolfram then dropped Toshinori under a torrent of scrap metal. Midoriya eventually broke out of the iron prison and saved the 50-year-old hero. Both were injured but swiftly got back on their feet.

The odd duo ran toward the villain.

Wolfram formed the metal into a massive iron cube. The two go beyond their limit and break the cube with a Double Detroit Smash. From the helipad, the students cheered them on as the two finished him off with twice the full might of One for All.

You frowned underneath your mask.

'Looks like I'll have to return empty-handed... I'm sorry, (B/n)... I failed you...'

Party guests and exhausted professional heroes from inside the tower started pouring out. A grand explosion ensued from the roof, shaking the entire tower.

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

You looked down, seeing large debris from the resulting battle came crashing down.

'No...'

Bloodport.

Appearing in front of Central Tower's entrance, you summoned a huge portal beneath the falling clustered remains. Transporting every bit of scrap and dust particle to your side. Once all the trash gathered into one singular clump, you touched the mountain of rubble.

Blood Transformation.

Evaporating the blood off the floor, you turned to the cheering crowd. Their faces became blurred as the large multitude wandered over ceremoniously.

You restrained your shaking hands.

'No...not again...'

Bloodport.

...

Roof, Central Tower, I-Island

"Where's-"

You peered to the right, watching as a blonde girl ran to an injured Midoriya.

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩."

Looking upward, a feeble Wolfram motioned as he hung from a metal rod.

"(𝐇/𝐧)-"

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞?"

He gestured to the ground below him.

You frowned underneath your mask, "𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧."

"𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭. 𝐓𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐮𝐬."

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐮𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞."

"𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭. 𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞-"

A portal appeared behind you, "𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞."

"𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐦𝐞!"

"𝐆𝐨 𝐚𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞. 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐤𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲." He chuckled, "𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐞-"

You flung his body off the metal rod and punched his face in.

He coughed as a smug grin spread across, "𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐈 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥?"

Months of internal respite were thrown away in a matter of seconds at the mere mention of a deceased loved one. That was your tipping point. It was bad enough that the two-month mark of Ace's passing had to be wasted on a mediocre villain, let alone having the same slug disrespect her memory without having ever known her.

You hold still, staring at Wolfram, eyes locked. There was a wrinkle in your nose, muscles tightened, jaw clenched. Your fists pummeled the villain as your face contorted into an expression you'd never worn before. Hidden by your heroic mask.

After that short barrage, you stopped yourself. Wolfram was now physically grotesque. His eyes had swollen over and bloody spit drolled from his slack jaws. He was now as revolting as he should be. The outside reflected the man within.

Breathing heavily, you picked up the broken Quirk Amplification Device.

"𝐑𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐝."

Bloodport.

...

10 P.M

League of Villain's Warehouse, Yokohama City, Japan

"(𝐋/𝐧), 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧?"

"𝐇𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝."

"𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚 𝐌𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐞 𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐐𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐤? 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐈 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝. 𝐈𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐞𝐝." All for One turned, "𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐬𝐞𝐭?"

"𝐇𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭."

"𝐒𝐨 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐬."

You clenched your fists, "𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐈?"

"𝐍𝐨, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝."

"...𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐈 𝐚𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥?"

"𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐦?"

"...𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞." You shook your head, "𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐫, 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞."

All for One smiled, "𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭."

Bloodport.

...

(L/n) Manor, (L/n) Private Island, Japan

Arriving inside your chilly bedroom, you teleported the broken device into your underground laboratory and calmly made your way over to the glass-tempered box, embracing it.

"I'm here, Ace. I'm home."

"𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚒𝚜𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖. 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖?"

Your head perked up.

'I thought I told him not to come by tonight...'

"𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚖?"

"What? No. Where is he?"

The bedroom door suddenly disintegrated.

'No...'

Bloodport.

Conjuring a portal beneath your feet, you fell through it and stood over the edge of the terrace's roof, slightly peeking inside the bedroom.

'... Crap! I haven't changed out of this suit!'

"(𝐋/𝐧)? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?"

Chisaki's footsteps neared the glass box. His steady posture unraveled the more he realized no one was home. He sighed, his hair slightly disorganized from the rush he came in with. Taking his phone out, he dialed and waited.

"𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕. 𝙾𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚑𝚊𝚞𝚕-"

You touched the side of your helmet, silencing your voice. "Let it go to voicemail."

"𝚈𝚎𝚜, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

The young Oyabun gazed at his cell phone, dismayed by the result of his call. His eyes then widened as the dark screen reflected what was above him.

'(𝐇/𝐧)?!'

He abruptly turned and stared directly in your direction.

'Shit...'

You stood up.

Blood Pressure Manipulation.

He became lightheaded as his internal pressure decreased.

Bloodport.

Catching his comatose figure before it could reach the ground, you gently propped him onto your lap.

'That was close... Too close...'

You gave a vaguely endearing ogle at his unconscious frame. This was the first time you've ever made any physical contact with the Japanese Capo. Even asleep, he seemed preoccupied yet resplendent in those thoughts. You nervously moved his bangs from his closed eyes.

"I've been careless all day. Now he knows I was here. How am I going to get away with this?"

"𝚃𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

'...The truth?...'

"...I...I should, shouldn't I?... Overhaul has been a huge help these past couple of months... But he doesn't like (H/n). I'm not sure what kind of reaction I'll gauge from him... And I'd rather not know." You shook your head, "I...I don't know, (A.I/n)... How many more have to die before I realize that those that know the truth all meet the same fate?"

"𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚏𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘, 𝙷𝚊𝚠𝚔𝚜, 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖."

'Keigo...'

Taking the red feather from your necklace in hand, you sighed. "Takami...Takami is different. He's safe...only because...he's not in my life anymore. But Overhaul is. And him knowing the truth will only endanger him. Unless...unless he was serious about...being in my life. Even then, I could never do that to him."

"𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚑𝚒𝚖 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝, 𝚖𝚊'𝚊𝚖?"

You frowned as you cupped Overhaul's face, "I guess there's only one way out of this then."

Teleporting a white bathrobe from your closet in hand, you wrapped it around your body and double-tapped the mask. Snapping the bracelet over your wrist, you rested the Yakuza's head on the floor and scooted further away. With a poke, Haemopotent Regeneration, he jerked back into reality, panicked.

"(𝐇/𝐧)."

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥."

He groaned, "(𝐋/𝐧)?"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥." You motioned to his head, "𝐃𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭? 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲?"

"𝐈'𝐦...𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞." He slightly stood upward, "𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮?"

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦...𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?"

"𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐞. 𝐈...𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭."

You smiled, "𝐈...𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭."

He looked toward the rooftop and back. "𝐖𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨."

"𝐆𝐨?"

"𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 (𝐇/𝐧)." Chisaki stood up, "(𝐋/𝐧), 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞."

You lifted yourself off the ground, "𝐖𝐞...𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥."

"...𝐑𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰?"

"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐩𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭."

"(𝐇/𝐧) 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧? 𝐖𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐚𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐭. 𝐖𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨, 𝐧𝐨𝐰."

"𝐈𝐟 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞."

He slightly furrowed his brows, annoyed, but gestured you to go on.

You heaved a long sigh and continued, "𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐦𝐞."

"(𝐋/𝐧)-"

"𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 (𝐁/𝐧) 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐲 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞."

Chisaki stepped back and lowered his head. "𝐆𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐭."

"𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧."

His eyes darted back in your direction, his curiosity piqued.

"𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐰 (𝐁/𝐧), 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤. 𝐒𝐞𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬, 𝐢𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭...𝐢𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞."

"𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧."

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥-"

He shook his head, "𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲? 𝐖𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞? 𝐈𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧?"

"𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧-"

"𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐮𝐩?"

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭-"

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐬𝐞, 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞? 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐨𝐛𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

You frowned, "𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐈 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮... 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡." 

He sighed, wrinkling his nose underneath his mask. "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞. 𝐄𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐦. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞."

"...𝐀𝐦 𝐈?"

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮? 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐀𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬, 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐢𝐱𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭?"

You held up your hands defensively, "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐩𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲? 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭, 𝐚 𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐈 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭. 𝐒𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐨. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐧, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐈...𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭....𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭. 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐭."

"𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐧. 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐍𝐨𝐰, 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨-"

You heaved a long sigh and stepped away from him, "𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠."

"(𝐇/𝐧)-"

"𝐈'𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 (𝐇/𝐧)."

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫-"

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬--𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝--𝐈...𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥. 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬...𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮...𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲-"

You stopped, unable to bring yourself to admit the extent of your feelings towards him.

But Chisaki knew how you felt.

Words weren't necessary. Though you were right. This one-sided situationship couldn't go on any longer. He'd mentally tear you apart and affect your perspective. He's had unsuspecting attributes which appeared innocent under the guise of his work. Chisaki was convinced that his plan to redeem the Shie Hassaikai was right. And his unrelenting feeling of adoration for you would be pushed aside for that cause. Lately, however, it'd become more difficult for him to suppress that reverence. His patience for monetary compensation grew thin.

It was now or never. Your confession perfectly set up an opportunity for him to take what he's been after all along.

But was he prepared to pretend to be infatuated? The opportunity of limitless financial gain practically presented itself to him on a silver platter. It was all he needed for the plan. For Pops. The very thing he sought since the moment you two met. Under these circumstances, all he had to do was feign love.

...No.

It wasn't a matter of fairness or morality.

Chisaki simply couldn't do it. To maintain such a despicable charade. It was sickening. He couldn't care less for the stupid secret you harbored. Even for the sake of his grand scheme, the young Japanese Capo couldn't bring himself to commit to the act. Had this happened before Ace's death, he would've accepted. The time you've spent together, unbeknownst to the male prospect, changed him.

As did you.

After a year of self-deprecation from your first breakup, you'd finally fallen in love. What you didn't realize was that while you were the hero of your story, he was the villain to many others. Chisaki was not about to become your enemy. He refused to do so. Before Ace came into the picture, he would've.

These last couple of months have only brought him intimately closer to you. His decision, however, only wrote the end of this chapter between you both. But that didn't mean it was the end of the story. It wasn't the beginning either.

It was the calm before the storm.

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥?"

Chisaki slowly moved his feet toward the bedroom door. His eyes were set on the exit, afraid to look at his suitress. For if he did, he knew not what would transpire within.

You breathed in his aroma as he brisked past your frigid figure, holding back the urge to speak out. His arm grazed against yours. He continued forward as you faced him, taken aback by his unresponsive attitude toward that short physical encounter. Did he not care? Were you that insignificant to him that you didn't deserve a reaction?

"𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐡𝐚𝐮𝐥."

He stopped, not turning around.

"𝐈...𝐈..." You cleared your throat, "𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐥𝐮𝐜𝐤."

"𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮."

Your heart pounded against your chest. Arms instinctively moved forward, but both feet remained glued to the floor. Hesitation sprinkled itself at the last moment of your need to fight for that which you cared for.

And it'd remain that way for a long, long time.

The door closed behind him. No further words were muttered. It wasn't imperative. This solace would linger. Would he return like he always does? You hoped, but there was no point in living solely with that sentimentality. Life went on. And it was about time that you did the same.

"Goodbye, Overhaul."

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

Bloodport: to spawn portals out of blood (no manipulation needed) and teleport anywhere with a simple destination in mind

Haemopotent Regeneration: regenerate oneself or others via blood

Blood Pressure Manipulation: to manipulate the pressure and flow of blood inside bodies. (high blood pressure causes someone to faint)

Blood Transformation: to transform matter into blood

Blood Propulsion: to propel oneself or others via blood

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

Author's Note: This was a short one, sorry. Yes, Overhaul will be coming back. And I promise the build-up to this relationship will be well worth it ♥ It is, at least in my opinion, realistic given the circumstances

🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 6K 36
Chisaki Kai (Overhaul) x Female reader A simple girl teenager who had a troubled family, who has been living her life peacefuly When suddenly her lif...
64.4K 1.6K 21
in which love blossoms between a cafe worker and a young aspiring hero • aged up au • ooc characters © S-SHROOMS ₂₀₂₃
26.4K 1.8K 31
You awaken one day with virtually no memories. The only thing guiding you is some strange system that likes to dictate your every move, and for some...
130K 4.9K 65
(Y/n) lived in an underground family during her whole life, and to avoid a huge war between two of the biggest gangs of Japan, she is forced to marry...