Young Justice: Threat level M...

By Oc_Creator_

Raegan Is a 9 year old girl with a vast amount of power and the daughter of two Justice league members. After... More

Announcement
Today is the day
A real mission
Welcome to Happy Harbor
Drop Zone
Schooled
Infiltrator
The Shadows
Unknown power
Back story
Breft
Captain Marvel
Moving
Solo Mission
Homefront
Alpha male
Alpha male P2
Revelation
Revolation
Magic girl
Hunting Red Tornado
False Reality
False Reality Pt. 2
Reality
Aftermath
Forever People
Hey there!
Hey again
Hey for the last time
Halloween fright
Harm
Hey guys😄
Separated
Cleaved together
Coldhearted
Mission to Qurac
Coming soon
Image
Numb
Thanksgiving gift
I'm back!
Birthday blowout
Nearing the End
Out in the open
Important update!!
Hanging up the cape
Done
Raegan artwork!
GO READ!!
Book 2!!!

Fate's tower

553 22 7
By Oc_Creator_

Raegan,
~
3:19 pm Fawcett City,

I walked out of school exhausted from the long day I had. Fifth grade is no joke.

I looked around the school yard to find my dads car.

"Raegan!" He caught my attention. My eyes lit up seeing him standing in front of his car.

"Bye Raegan." I heard a voice say behind me.

"Bye Billy." I smiled walking over to my dads car.

"Billy?" He looked at me.

"Daaad." I groaned getting in the back of the car.

He looked at Billy then back at me before getting in the car.

"So did you have a good day at school today?" He asked when he started driving.

I sighed. "It was so tiring daddy." I looked up at him.

He looked at me through the mirror. "Your eyes Raegan." He said.

"What about them?" I asked looking in the mirror. "Oh.."

My natural eye color is purple. You know, because of my ring. And to blend in with everyday people I have to apply contacts every morning before school.

"I swear no one even noticed. And I was so tired this morning- last night we had a tiny covert mission in metropolis-"

"I knew it, I told your mother this team was going to affect your everyday life." He said more so to himself.

"I'm sorry.." I said looking at him with my head down.

He sighed. "I just.. don't think this team thing is a good idea." He looked at the road.

"We've reached Tornado's coordinates but-." M'gann said pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Nothing's there." Superboy finished.

"Take us down." Aqualad said as M'gann landed the bioship.

I was lost in my head thinking back to after school today. If my parents think the team is affecting my everyday life they'll without a doubt pull me from the team. It's bad enough they basically think I'm just their helpless little girl who just might die on a mission.

We unloaded off of the bioship and looked around searching for.. well, anything.

"Nothing." Wally said running back to us. "This isn't simple camouflage."

"So what'd you think? Adaptive microelectronics combined with phase shifting?" Artemis asked.

"Absolutely," Wally started saying until M'gann walked up. "Not!" He said quickly.

I laughed at his silly attempt to woo her.

"Clearly mystic powers are at work here." He said.

It was a calm silence as I giggled at him.

Just then I felt something weird behind us. Something dark and malevolent.

"A test of faith." Aqualad said walking in front of us. "Stand behind me." He took Fates key and pointed it into the air making Fate's tower appear.

"Whoa.." I said looking at it.

When the tower appeared all of a sudden the feeling of a dark energy went away. I shook the feeling- er the not feeling? I don't know, whatever was happening I set it to the side as we walked into the building.

The front door shut behind us before disappearing.

"Uh, where'd the door go?" Superboy asked as a holographic old man, who I'm assuming is Kent Nelson, showed up in front of us.

"Greetings." He spoke. "You've entered with a key but the tower does not recognize you." The hologram continued.

I sort of tuned out when a heavy dark feeling came over me. It was the same dark malevolent feeling I felt outside.

I only tuned back into what was happening when the ground collapsed right from under us, sending us falling into a pit of lava.

M'gann grabbed Wally flying him to an edge while Artemis grappled a line on the edge from where we just were as she grabbed Kaldur but I was still falling.

"Raegan fly!" Artemis yelled out.

"I.. I can't!" I yelled out falling towards the lava only to be caught by Superboy who was holding onto the rocks only so slightly, which made him slide down more to where his feet entered the lava, burning off his shoes. He lifted his feet out of the lava. He readjusted me to be on his back for better grip.

"Those.. were my favorite boots." He grunted in pain. "This Nelson guy better be worth it." He said with his voice cracking.

"Having trouble... maintaining altitude." M'gann said as she slowly started to descend with Wally in her arms. "I'm so hot." She said wiping away her sweat.

"You certainly are." Wally said.

"Wally!" Artemis called out.

"Hey! In just above sizzling death, I'm entitled to speak my mind." He shot back at her.

"Can somebody please do something fast!" I yelled out as Superboy's grip weakened.

"Hello Megan, we never truly answered.. the question. Red tornado sent us to see if Mr. Nelson... and the helmet, were safe!" She yelled trying to maintain her breath.

The floor beneath us closed allowing us to drop down onto it.

Superboy let me down.

"Thanks." I looked down at my hands. "I.. I dunno what happened... my powers just stopped working." I told them.

"As long as everyone is safe, there is nothing to worry about as of right now." Kaldur said looking at me. He looked down at the metal panel beneath us. He bent down touching it with his hands. "This platform, it should be red hot, but it is cool to the touch." He stood up.

"Don't worry Megalicous, I gotcha." Wally said holding M'gann.

"E-Nough!" Artemis snapped at him walking over to Wally and pushing him. "You're little impress Megan at all costs game nearly got us all barbecued!" She yelled.

"When did this become my fault?" He asked.

"When you lied to that.. whatever it was and called yourself a true believer."

"Wally.. you don't believe?" Megan asked.

"I... fine!" He shouted. "I lied about believing in magic. But magic is the real lie, a major load." He crossed his arms.

"Wally I studied for a year at the conservatory of sorcery at Atlantis, the mystic arts created the skin icons that power my water barres." Kaldur looked at him still kneeled down.

"Dude, you ever hear of bio electricity?" He asked. "Hey in primitive cultures fire was once considered magical too." He teased. "Today it's all just a bunch of tricks."

"You're pretty closed minded for a guy who can break the sound barrier in his sneakers." Artemis told him.

I watched them go back and forth like that until all of a sudden I started falling. I screamed as I looked around to only see darkness as I kept falling. I closed my eyes until I felt myself stop all of a sudden. I opened my eyes slowly to see Megan telekinetically holding me up.

"What happened?!" I asked.

"We were just about to ask you." She said as they all looked at me.

"I.. I was falling, it was dark.. I- I.." I tried explaining myself.

"You just fell through a black hole that was in the ground." Artemis said concerned.

"I suppose that was magical too." Wally teased.

Artemis hit him on the arm.

"Perhaps the towers magical properties are affecting your powers." Kaldur said.

"Pfft, Magical properties? This tower has no magical properties, everything can be proven by science." Wally stated.

"Let us test that theory." Kaldur said opening a hatch in the panel beneath us.

"Wait the back draft from the lava will roast us alive-" Wally started before the latch fully opened revealing a snowy abyss.

"It's snow.." Megan smiled.

"Do you ever get tired of being wrong?" Artemis teased.

I held my arms together feeling the cold air. "Come on kid, we don't need you falling into anymore blackholes." Superboy said lifting me onto his back.

We each jumped into the hatch which put us in the icy abyss.

We all looked at Wally.

"Well." Artemis spoke.

"Ever hear of string theory? We're in a pocket dimension. Which," he emphasized. "Would also explain Raegan's powers going off the rails, they can't withstand the properties of this dimension." He said proudly.

"What's that?" Megan caught our attention. We turned to see a walking stick floating right in front of us.

"Ooo maybe it's Nelson's magic wand." Wally teased running to the stick and grabbing it right as Artemis did. "I Got it." They said in unison as the stick started to glow and fly up into the air before completely vanishing in front of our eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.6K 1.1K 37
Arianna Hathaway had never expected her life to change in the matter of one night. Now with an unexpected life and challenges she learns she can't fa...
5.5K 24 20
#8 in Robinlovestory2020 category #20 in batmansdaughter2020 category This is only to read now. This version is no longer being updated or edited at...
8.3K 200 23
After the loss of her mother she looks to confine in her teammates, to learn they don't want her around. So she leaves. How will the life of Artemis...
151K 4.8K 77
Two years after they finished Highschool everyone gets accepted to Gotham University. Except all doesn't look as it seems. Soon their chaotic lives c...