Pressure

By ChapoCiaga

Derrick Daniels, a 16-year-old high school sophomore moves to West Palm Beach because of his mother's new job... More

Main Characters
Chapter 1: First Day Shit
Chapter 2: The New Boy
Chapter 3: New Friends

Chapter 4: Scrap Up

26 2 0
By ChapoCiaga

Derrick's POV

2:10pm - 80 minutes before school ends at 3:30.

Last period. I gotta admit, I'm tired of school already. A lot of the people in my classes seem lit so I'm chillin' in that department. Still ain't see that Jae girl.

I looked at my schedule revealing the name of my next class. Chemistry. I love chemistry. Even back in Jacksonville, I did. I fuck with how everything works, and it's always been easy for me.

I stepped inside the class, looking around at the environment as I saw an old white guy who was the teacher sitting at his desk, so I walked over to him:

"Hi....Uh. I'm Derrick Daniels. I'm new to this school." I said to him with my hands on my backpack straps.

"Daniels... Daniels... aha!" He said going down his attendance list. "I see you here!"
He said making a quick note on his computer.

I looked from my peripheral vision and I saw a female staring at me. Ever since I walked up I felt her staring at me. I don't know if she likes me but oh well.

"Welcome to my class Mr. Daniels!" He said loudly. "Feel free to find any empty seat you feel like. Glad to have you in my class."

"Thank you sir." I said softly as I turned around to look for a chair.

Loud ass teacher... When I turned around I saw a few girls in the back of the class look at me and start to smile as they did. I smiled back and they turned around and went back to their normal conversation like I didn't just smile back. Rude ass bitches.

I found an empty seat near the back, a few desks away from the group of girls. I took off my backpack, setting it by my legs as I rested my head on the table because nigga I was TIRED.

27 Minutes Later

I felt tapping on my back as I woke up from my mini nap. I picked my head up slowly as I saw the quiet class all sitting, some with heads down as the teacher was in the front teaching. I looked right with my squinted eyes seeing Jaelyn sitting right next to me smiling with my phone in her hand.

     "Your phone slipped out of your pocket heh heh." She said sounding friendly smiling at me. "Here I got it."

NOOOOO! I got dry spit across the side of my mouth and a pool of spit on my desk. God really be fuckin' wit' a nigga for real! This is the first time I met this girl and I look disgusting. That's crazy.

     "Oh, my bad." I said as I wiped the spit off the side of my mouth and covered the spit pool with my hand smoothly. "Thank you so much. If I broke that shit.....momma woulda been on my ass." I said jokingly.

      "It's cool." She hands the phone to me smiling, and I took it with my other hand.

     "You followed me on the gram right?" She whispered to me as she looked at my hair.
Was something wrong with it? Did It get dirty? Why was she staring that hard?

     "Yeah, I did. You followed me too right." I asked, slightly shifting my body in her direction.

     "Mhm..." She says making eye contact with me as her head rested in her hand.

She was so cute for real. Her hair was in a slicked-back ponytail, clean face, her lips were freshly glossed and she had a cool outfit on.

     "Yeah I was-" I said before I heard a loud thud coming from outside.

Everyone in the class stopped moving, along with the teacher. Me and Jaelyn both looked outside and we saw two bodies flying around in the small window along with the sound of loud skids on the ground

     "AYO THEY FIGHTIN' OUT THERE ZOE!" A boy in the front row said as he ran to open up the door.

After hearing the boy's words, the rest of the class would jump up from their seats and run towards the door, phones out. The loud chatter could be heard as everyone ran to the door to watch and record the scuffle outside. My teacher dropped everything he did and ran out of the class, I'll assume to go and get some help. I saw Jaelyn get on FaceTime with the Crystal girl.

     "What?" Crystal whispered into her headphone microphone

     "BITCH THEY ARE FIGHTING OUTSIDE MY CLASS!" Jaelyn yelled into her phone.

     "What...? Who?" Crystal said as she said looked surprised into the camera.

     "Get his pussass' Jojo!" A voice would be heard from the front of the class yelling

     "Uh... Jojo! Girl it's Jojo fightin' someone else!" Jaelyn said as she looked outside from the back of the class

     "Hmph. I hope Jojo beats his ass then!" She said quietly as she laughed. "Lemme see it."

     "Come awn!" Jaelyn said as she motioned me to follow her.

Not refusing the invitation, I stood up and ran behind her to the packed door.

     "Ayo! You got that nigga onna ground! Beat his ass zoe!" A boy from our class would yell.

     "Move y'all!" Jaelyn says as she pushes through the crowd with Crystal watching the fight on FaceTime.

I stepped back from the cheering and recording group as I pulled out my own phone texting La'shaun

[iMessage]
Shaun❗️🦍👀

BRUH THERES A FIGHT
WHO FIGHTIN?
A NIGGA NAMED JOJO?
SHI IM COMIN WYA
Room 146
IM CLOSE BY IM COMIN
ITS ON CUHHH

I put my phone back in my pocket and got closer to the door, as most of the class was watching from outside. A boy with the dreads was hitting hard. I think he was Jojo just because of how the crowd was responding to his hits. The other boy was struggling but he wouldn't get knocked down. He was tough.

Just then—I see Shaun stupid ass trip, slip and hit the wall as he bent the corner to run to the class with his dumbass.

"Ayo Shaun!" The boy who was making the most noise said as he saw Shaun get back up and run towards the class laughing.

"Nah it's ova now. Shaun came, the fight's done." A girl said to her friend as they watched.

Shaun would run towards the fight. Jojo had the other boy in a headlock as he fought to get out of it, Shaun would run up and punch the other boy HARD square in his gut. FUCK! that nigga hit his ass hard as fuck! The boy, Shaun and Jojo were fighting fell out of Jojo's arms as he screamed in pain.

"Nah fuck you bitch ass nigga tell yo bitch come suck us up pussy ass jit!!" Shaun yelled at him as he delivered a kick to his gut. " You gook ass niggas know what the fuck goin on! SYK nigga fuck you mean nigga!"

"Ayo Derrick! Yo ass ugly den a bitch!" Shaun said laughing as he stood over the boy they just beat.

"Nigga you should be the last boy standing there talm' bout ugly." I would laugh at him.

The next thing I heard was 3 whistles and saw security running into the hallway.

"Jaelyn grabbed my arm and took me back inside with the rest of the class stampeding back in."

"EVERYONE BACK IN CLASS!" One of the security guards said as Jojo and La'Shaun ran into our class pretending that they were with us. The class would fill up quickly as everyone enjoyed the teacherless room.

Everyone would talk loudly in their own friend groups as Jojo and Shaun walked over to us.

"tThat's Crystal sexy self?" Shaun said as he looked at Jaelyn's phone.

"Yeah talk to her stinky golds." Jaelyn said handing the phone to him.

"Wassup-" Shaun said as he picked up Jae's phone looking at the FaceTime camera.

     "Bye." Crystal said hanging up the call as soon as she saw Shaun on the screen.

"Damnnnn." All three of us said in unison at the curve of the day that we all witnessed.

     "Nigga. you ugly as fuck I'm sorry bro." Jojo said as he laughed at him getting curved.

Next thing I see, the classroom door swing open as the security with my teacher walk in. The whole class went silent as half of the class looked into our group, because Jojo and Shaun were here.

     "Who was fighting." One security guard said as he scanned the class.

Nobody said a word.

     "WHO WAS FIGHTING?!" He repeated, this time loudly.

     "They aren't in my class." My teacher said pointing in the back to Jojo and Shaun.

     "Alright, come on boys." One security guard said walking to us with the other two.

I was expecting there to be an argument, but they both listened, got up slowly and walked with the security.

Shaun looked back at the class and did a light skin face. The class started to chuckle at him and he smiled as the security escorted him out, closing the door.

     "Okay, now that that's over. Let's get these worksheets done. If you have questions just come to me." My teacher said as he passed two worksheets to us to do.

I knew what to do. Back home, my class already finished this unit so I could get this shit done quickly. I wanted to talk to the Jaelyn girl more.

     "So....does that happen all the time?" I said laughing.

     "Uh.....more or less it does. Like you're gonna probably see a fight twice or three times a week. You know how it is. Just gang shit." Jaelyn explained, turning to me.

     "Damn what are the gangs that are fighting?" I said interested.

Shaun explained how he was in some gorilla gang and I wondered about it now. All these fights and shit seem interesting. Feels like back home.

     "Okay, so there's the two main gangs. Stackin Youngins and the Gorilla Boys. That boy you seen just fighting was Jojo. He's one of the big members of the Gorilla Boys. The other boy I think his name was Claude. He's in the Stackin Youngins. Jojo and Claude have been arguing online for a week and they were set to fight today. So everyone anticipated it. Jojo doesn't really fight too much but when he does it's interesting. Shaun is in Gorilla Boys he's not a higher up though. He needs to recruit someone to rank up." Jaelyn explained.

     "Oh okay. I have my first period with him, I think that's what he was trying to do." I said agreeing.

     "Oh okay, can you fight?" She asked smiling.

     "I don't really be fighting. I wrestle niggas. Like I can grab a nigga by his waist and slam him to the ground and shit." I said telling the truth.

     "Oh okay, because they like fighters and strong boys." She said "Have my number though so we can all talk. It seems like you know Crystal and Shaun right?"

     "Yeah, I do. I have them in my first period." I said taking her phone putting my number in.

     "Alright thank you!" She said smiling. "Now I gotta do this work."

     "Same. If you need help I got you. This shit is easy for me." I said looking at her.

     "Oh my God! I'm failing this class! Please help me!" She asked kindly.

     "I got you." I said smiling.

Got her digits. Today was a good day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 17.8K 48
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...
185K 8.7K 31
Hooked onto drugs, no family, no guidance or sanity until she met HIM. Cover Creds: @Triceynexttdoor ❤️ -BLICKY.
317K 23.2K 28
Avantika Aadish Rajawat Aadi, with his fiery nature, adds intensity and excitement to their relationship, igniting a spark in Avni. Avni, like the ca...
PARIWAAR By

General Fiction

51K 5.6K 47
Arjun Shergill is a 28 years old, well renowned businessman, who has a big loving family and two kids. He is a caring and utmost loving man. This sto...