The Outsider. (Bts x reader)...

By shookcookie

An outsider a stranger invisible to the eye yet is willing to protect you and your dreams from darkness, with... More

Prologue.
Chapter one : Jungkook.
Chapter Two : I don't like coffee.
Chapter Three: Grey skies.
Chapter Four: Strange dreams.
A/N:
Chapter Five: Hot chocolate buddy.
Chapter Six: I would never to that to my Friend.
A/N:
Chapter 8: An old acquaintance.
Chapter Nine: The stranger.
Chapter Ten: Good food and a handsome face.
Important A/N:
Chapter Eleven: The cats out of the bag.
Chapter 12: Cross my heart.
Chapter 13: The new neighbors.

Chapter Seven: Sweet dreams.

1.8K 84 47
By shookcookie

'' Hey, Taehyung.'' 

Y/N called out to her friend who was lazily chilling on the couch, a book from Y/N's shelf in hand.

'' Hmm?''

He replied looking up from the book as she entered the living room.

'' Remember the bakery I told you about, well their open today and I thought it would be fun to treat you to some of their many delicious pastries. ''

Y/N smiled as Taehyungs eyes sparkled, she knew how much he loved sweet things. 

He jumped from the couch setting the book down.

'' Are we going now? this minute!? Really!''

Y/n chuckled nodding at his enthusiasm. He rushed down the hall and grabbed his coat and flung it on clumsily going for his shoes next. 

Y/N took her coat from one of the kitchen chairs and made her way to the door where Taehyungs was bouncing up and down like an excited puppy. 

She put her boots on and bent down to tie the laces and then stood straight unlocking the door and grabbed her keys looking up at Taehyung.  

'' Ready to go on an adventure?''  She asked chuckling.

Taehyung smiled nodding as they walked out the door Y/N locking it behind them. 

Taehyung could barely hold his excitement as they walked down the street. Y/N watched in amusement as he waved at practically anyone and everything. 

Y/N lead the way and soon enough they were standing in front of the cozy bakery Y/N had grown fond of.  

Pushing the door open the familiar sound of the silver bell ranging greeted them as they stepped inside the warm building.

'' Mmm it smells nice in here,''  Taehyung said taking in a deep whiff of air.  

Y/N gave a nod walking over to the counter Taehyung following behind looking around. 

Soon enough Jimin poked his head out from the back and a wide smile grew on his face as he walked to the counter to greet Y/N.

''Well look who it is, my star customer.''    He said with a smile.

Y/N returned it and ushered Taehyung over.

'' This is a very good friend of mine Taehyung, Taehyung this is Jimin!''   Y/N said cheerfully. 

Jimin beamed reaching his hand over the counter Taehyung doing the same and shaking it.

'' Nice to meet you, Y/N would not stop talking about how good the food was here so she finely brought me, ''   Taehyung said beaming.

'' I did not, I just said this place had good food at least twice!'' 

Taehyung smiled cheekily down at her while Jimin chuckled. 

Y/N ordered two hot chocolates and a chocolate croissant while Taehyung ordered a slice of chocolate cake. 

Since they were the only ones the bakery at the moment Jimin joined them at there table, talking to Taehyung, the two males getting to know each other better laughing here and there. 

Y/N smiled at the two, she knew they would get along.  Taehyung was very friendly with everyone and everyone was always drawn to him because of that. Jimin also, he was sweet and had a sincere smile. 

'' So Taehyung I assume it's you Y/Ns bringing to our Christmas eve party?''   Jimin asked. 

Taehyung looked over to Y/N.

 '' Oh shoot I almost forgot to ask!''  Y/N replied eyes wide. 

 '' I would love to come! I'll just have to let Soobin know.''

'' Yes please let him know this time, last time you nearly gave him a heart attack!'' 

Jimin raised an eyebrow leaning on his elbow.  '' Do tell.'' He said cheekily as Taehyung whined in protest.  

'' Well, Taehyung came over to play some board games a few months ago and stayed later than expected so I let him stay the night in the spare room. Well, this,''

Y/N pointed at Taehyung who hid his head in his arms embarrassed. 

'' Dummy forgot to give his grandfather a call and tell him he wouldn't be home and was staying the night, now I always put my phone on silent because I don't like being disturbed from sleep. So when I woke up I had sixty-SIXTY missed calls from Soobin.'' 

Jimin let out a loud laugh falling back in his chair crossing his arms and shaking his head.

'' I got in trouble after that too...''  Taehyung mumbled unhappily. 

'' Served you right.''    Y/N chuckled looking back over to Jimin. 

''  So Christmas eve right, that's about two days...I believe I get off work early so would you like me to bring anything.''  

She asked leaning on her elbow sipping her hot drink. 

Jimin hummed and shrugged.     '' Just a few snacks, a good friend of mine loves to cook and is quite good at it. His food is the best and he said he would be bringing a lot over so I think we are good.''  

Y/N nodded setting her empty mug down.  

'' K then I think I will bring some drinks, some sweet tea or something.'' 

Jimin nodded smiling.   '' Sounds good.'' 

Y/N paid for their things and thanked Jimin who smiled and waved it off. 

'' Tell Jungkook I say hello.'' Y/N said waving as she opened the door stepping out.

'' Will do, Nice meeting you Taehyhung!'' 

'' Same to you!'' 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

'' Ok thank you Soobin, bye-bye!''

Y/N hung up turning to Taehyung.

'' Yes you can stay overnight but he needs you back early tomorrow morning k.''

'' Ok! thank you, your the best!''  

Taehyung gave her quick hug grinning.  

She rolled her eyes smiling walking into the kitchen and opened one of the cabinets grabbing some snacks and setting them on the counter. 

Taehyung took on of the small packets of spicy chips opened it and popped one into his mouth grinning.

'' Hey don't eat those yet, You haven't had a proper dinner.''  Y/N scolded. 

Taehyung pouted but none the less stuffed more chips into his mouth. 

'' Cant we just eat snacks tonight instead?''

Y/N sighed through her nose looking up at his pleading eyes before rolling her own.

'' Fine.''

Taehyung fist-pumped the air in victory grabbing more of the chip bags.

'' Hey leave some for me you greedy guts!'' 

Taehyung simply chuckled walking back into the living room as Y/N shook her head grabbing herself a snack of her choice. 

Closing the cabinet she heads into the living room, expecting to see Taehynug already going through the movies. But to her surprise instead, he had picked up the book he had left earlier and started reading it again. 

She sat her self down next to him looking at him curiously. 

He was so engrossed in the book he didn't notice her pat his shoulder till he felt a sharp pain.

'' Ow!''  He whined looking over to her as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

'' What are you reading?''  She asked trying to see what the cover of the book said.

He smiled clearing his throat and reading the title aloud. 

'' Folklores and tales of old.''  He looked at her smiling continued reading.

'' I didn't know you liked to read,  and fantasy books at that.'' 

'' Well neither did I, and I didn't know you had such a large collection of them,'' 

Taehyung said snickering as Y/Ns ears grew a little red.

'' So what I like to read things that peak my interest.''   She huffed. 

Taehyung had gotten off the couch putting the book back in its place running his fingers along with the other choices on the shelves.

'' Yeah it sure only piques your interest, that's totally why you only have an enter bookshelf full of them, like this one.'' 

He said pulling one from the shelf reading its cover aloud. 

''Roman mythology and creatures.'' 

He pulled out another one.

'' European myths and legends. ''

Another one.

'' Greenland gnomes?''

He raised an eyebrow as Y/N blushed embarrassed. 

He sighed playfully putting it back and pulling out yet another.

'' Fairys and mythical creatures.''

He then pulled out a much older book with a crimson cover. He squinted his eyes trying to read the tiny print.

'' The fallen and guardians of dreams.'' 

Y/N rushed overlooking at the book and gently taking it from Taehyung.

'' I thought I lost this! I never got to finish loo-reading this!'' 

She quickly corrected herself.

'' it sounds interesting, why don't you read me some?'' 

Y/N looked up at Taehyung raising a brow.

'' Why can't you read it yourself, you seemed to be doing fine a few minutes ago.'' 

She said putting her hands on her hips.

'' But I like it when you read aloud you read it...just like she used to remember.''

He said gently as Y/Ns eyes softened. 

'' I always asked her to read aloud, I just liked hearing her voice. It comforted me in a way.'' 

She softly chuckled her eyes saddening a little.

Taehyung pulled her into her arms patting her head.

'' She would be proud of you know even though it hasn't been that long.''

He smiled and then pulled his brows together pushing her back a bit looking into her glossy eyes. 

'' I don't think she would want you to be sad though. She always loved your smile when she had a hard day of work. She always told Soobin so.''

Y/N sniffed rubbing her eyes and nodding a hint of a smile on her face.

'' I know, maybe I'll read to you another time Tae.'' 

'' That's ok! For now, lets stuff our bellies! Oh, also I wanna continue watching The rising of the shield hero!''  

A smile finely made its way onto her face as she nodded smiling. 

The rest of the night was spent eating snacks, watching movies and episodes of the rising of the shield hero. Making jokes and reminiscing over old memories.

Y/N was fast asleep on the couch it was currently two a.m and Taehyung had his nose deep in the crimson book.  The excitement and Curoisty were evident in his eyes.

Taehyung had never been so interested in a book, but as he turned another page his hunger for the mystery weaved into the book bloomed.

The next time he turned the page he let out a gasp at the picture on the other side. It was faded slightly but its colors were adamant. 

The picture was of a beautiful creature with wings stroking a child's sleeping head. And above the child is a picture of what they are dreaming of. 

Taehyung took notice of the dark eyes underneath the child's bed peering up at the angle like figure with hatred. 

Looking more carefully at the picture he saw how beautifully detailed the wings of the creature were, there hair falling in waves over their shoulder. The soft smile that rested on its face as it protected the child's dreams from the darkness below.  

It was a work of art.

Taehyung looked at the child sleeping and then looked up from the book to the sleeping beauty on the couch and smiled.

He set the book down and quietly moved over to the couch and looked down at her adoringly.

Her hair was sprawled out on the pillow she was clutching. Her mouth slightly agape as she slumbered.

'' If only you knew how beautiful you look without even trying.''  He mumbled smiling as he bent down and left a ghost of a kiss to her nose, pulling the couch blanket over her before walking to the spare room.

''  Sweet dreams Y/N.''

------------------------------------------------

A tall figure walked down from the black jet running a hand through their hair as they stared at the sky. 

  '' Now, where oh where is my little dream keeper hiding? '' 

*----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

A/N: I am back and feeling much better! Thank you for your patience and support it means so much to me! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and will enjoy the many more to come.

*Shookcookie* ( word count 2033) 

Also can't wait for the BTS comeback!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 8.6K 27
Book II for 'You read fanfics about me?' one shot. "When we first met,I had no idea you would be so important to me" "Everyone say...
3.5K 122 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...
2.6M 126K 60
Jungkook x reader Humans are below sirens just like dogs are below humans. I belonged to him. READ: Warning! This can contain mature and triggering c...
4.9K 267 34
Kwon Haru, a normal 18 year old, had to move to a prestigious school where she chase her dreams to be a singer. She thought that life will be normal...