Love Being By Your Side - A S...

By Nightskullfire

ɪᴛ's ᴊᴜɴɪᴏʀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴏғ ᴡᴀᴡᴀɴᴀᴋᴡᴀ ʜɪɢʜ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ, ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴄʜᴏᴏʟ ᴡᴏʀᴋ ɪɴᴛᴇɴsɪғɪᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴘʀᴇᴘᴀ... More

Chapter 1: First day back pt.1
Chapter 2: First day back pt.2
Chapter 3: A failed assignment pt.1
Chapter 4: A failed assignment pt.2
Chapter 5: Two-column proofs
Chapter 6: On each other's mind
Chapter 7: Is this a date?
Chapter 8: Passing with flying colors
Chapter 10: A suprise visit? pt.1
Chapter 11: A Surprise visit? pt.2
Chapter 12: Knowing his thoughts?
Chapter 13: Our project pt.1
Chapter 14: Our project pt.2
Chapter 15: A rainy winter day
Chapter 16: Gifts
Chapter 17: An accident
Chapter 18: Will she say yes?
Chapter 19: Forgive me
Chapter 20: A Walk home
Chapter 21: The future ahead of us(finale)

Chapter 9: Projects

428 15 26
By Nightskullfire

Wednesday(same week as last chapter)

Courtney's POV

I happily sat down in Mr. Riggs class. After passing those test and being with Scott yesterday, I was kinda in a good mood.

Okay. Great mood. Of course I'm still being careful. I'm not letting this get to my head.... I hope.

Scott sat down next to me and Mr. Riggs started talking.

"Alrighty, guys. I'm gonna hand back your tests from yesterday. Don't get too comfortable where you're seated." Mr. Riggs told us.

Mr. Riggs handed me my test.

"Another failing grade?" Heather asked.

"Nope. 3 points away from a perfect score." I showed her and smriked.

"Pfft. Whatever. I'm sure your grade is still in the garbage."

Mr. Riggs walked over and handed back Heather's test.

"Heather. You might wanna study and try a little harder." Mr. Riggs told her.

"Another failing grade?" I mocked.

"No. I-"

"Mi amor. What happened to that test?" Alejandro asked Heather, looking at her test paper.

"Stop calling me that. And second. Nothing happened. It's not even a bad grade."

"Yeah. 'Cause having a 43% on the test is so good." Gwen said sarcastically from behind Heather.

"Shut it werid goth girl. You probably didn't even pa-"

"89%." Gwen cut her off and smriked."

"Gr... whatever."

"Alright class. I need all of your attention. Im assigning projects. You'll each be working with at least one other person. When you find that partner, come and I'll give you your assignment."

"You and me?" Scott smirked.

"Definitely." I nodded.

"Of course, I picked your partners." Mr. Riggs said." Look on the board. Your partners name is right next to yours."

"So we don't get to pick?" Heather asked.

"I said your partners name is on the board." Mr. Riggs repeated." So no. You don't."

I looked on the board. I read over it and heavily sighed. I looked back at Gwen and she looked at me.

She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

"Great. Lucky me." I said sarcastically.

"Who'd you get?" Scott asked.

"Gwen."

"That's not the worst."

"Hm... good point. I'd rather her than Duncan. Who did you get?"

"I got Sam. Hopefully he's better at this than gym.

"Okay. Well good luck. Now, if you Excuse me, I'll be attempting to work with my 'partner'."

I got up out of my seat and headed over to where Duncan and Gwen were sitting.

"Hello Gwen. Looks like we're partners." I said, trying to befriend the goth.

"Yeah." She responded.

"So, Duncan. I'm gonna have to sit there. Since I'm working with Gwen."

"No dice princess. I'm staying here." He leaned back in his chair.

"Mr. Riggs." I called.

"Ah. Pfft. No. Why'd you have to call him over?" Duncan scoffed as Mr. Riggs came over.

"Yes Courtney?" Mr. Riggs asked.

"Duncan won't let me sit next to my partner." I told him.

"Duncan. Can Courtney sit there?" Mr. Riggs asked.

"Can't she just sit on the floor? The place where a rodent should be." Duncan chuckled.

I glared at his insult.

"It's fine. Duncan can stay there. Me and Courtney can just find another seat." Gwen said.

"Thanks Gwen. Glad someone has some sense." I glared at Duncan.

Me and Gwen got our assignment from Mr. Riggs and then sat back down.

"And remember. This is due next week." Mr. Riggs told us.

Me and Gwen read over our assignment. It wasn't anything complicated. It was just to make a forest biome in a shoe box and make an essay about the biome.

"Okay. Got any ideas?" I asked Gwen.

"Pleanty. Okay, here's the plan. I need you to bring in a shoe box, tape, twigs, and leaves. I'm assuming you have a shoe box and tape at home and you can find twigs and leaves at the park. Think you can do all of that?" Gwen asked, leaning back in her chair tapping her pencil on her sketch book.

"Yeah. I can manage that. What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to be doing the actual work."

"You say that as if I'm not capable of doing work?" I narrowed my eyes at her and glared.

"Okay. Since you wanna do so much you can deal with the essay. Just bring in the supplies that I told you about and I'll deal with the design."

"Sure. Sounds easy enough."

I pulled out a sheet of paper and started to outline bits and pieces of our essay. I looked over and saw Gwen sketching a bird in her notebook.

"Wow. That actually looks really nice." I grinned.

Gwen raised an eyebrow at me.

"What? I'm serious. You can draw."

"Um.... thanks?" Gwen questioned, not really sure how to feel about my compliment.

"You're welcome. You should consider art school." I told her.

"Funny you mention that because I was actually thinking ab-"

"Or she could consider being a circus clown." Heather said from behind us, sitting at the desk behind us with Alejandro." Better yet. You two could audition together. You both have the look for it."

"Why don't you mind your own business?" Gwen glared.

"Frowning like a big baby won't do anything but get you premature wrinkles. Oh wait, you already have those." Heather snarled.

"Better premature wrinkles than having to be an annoying dimwit like you." I glared.

"Whatever. I-"

"Mi amor. We have a project to work on." Alejandro interrupted.

"F-fine." She sighed and left us alone.

Gwen went back to sketching and I went back to drafting the essay.

"Hey, thanks for that. You didn't have to step in." Gwen said as she continued to sketch.

"Sure thing. She honestly makes us all miserable. If she runs for homecoming queen, I will literally vote for anyone else and help them win just to see the satisfying look of defeat on her face."

"You can count me in on that." Gwen grinned.

Wow. I guess I misjudged Gwen. She's not a total antisocial freak after all. She's kinda nice. Kinda. I'm not gonna push it too far.

"So, are you interested in anyone here?" Gwen asked.

"W-what?!" I widened my eyes dropping my folder, pencil, and paper.

"Sheesh, it was just a question. No need to lose your shit."

"S-sorry. It just kinda came out of nowhere." I responded, picking up my supplies.

"So, does that mean you're not interested in anyone?"

"I mean. I don't think so, no."

"Wow. Really. Wow. Don't take this offensively but when I first saw you I thought you might have liked Duncan. Since you're always lecturing him and stuff "

"What! Ew no." I cringed." But what about you? Aren't you into him?"

"I mean, what do you think?"

"Kinda. I mean, you two do get along."

"Kinda like you and Scott." She smirked.

I blushed at the comparison.

"Come on. You have to at least be a little into him. You talk to him all the time."

"Just a little. But don't go telling everyone." I narrowed my eyes.

"Not like I have anyone to tell. I mean, there's Duncan, but I think he wouldn't be interested."

"Speaking of which, are you two going to. You know. Hook up?"

"If he asks me out. Though if he's gonna go out with me, he's going to have to acknowledge his grades a bit more. I don't mean to sound picky. But I want someone who has a brain. He has one, he just chooses when he wants to use it."

"Yeah. That is true."

Next day(Thursday)

Scott's POV

Mr. Riggs continued to have us work on the projects. Sam is barely even a partner. He's barely capable of anything.

I mean, aside from video games that is. But I'm not sure why he keeps bring those up when it has nothing to do with the project.

The bell shortly rang after. I still had to go to Geometry tutoring. I mean, Courtney isn't going to be there anymore but I can still use the help.

I headed to Mr. West's room and sat down. There were definitely more people this time around. I sat there tapping my pencil, waiting for him to start.

I felt the vibrations of a person sitting next to me.

"Hey Scott."

My heart fluttered in excitement.

"C-c-courtney? You're here?"

"Thought you could use some help." She grinned.

"Wow. Um. T-thank you"

"Sure thing. You will walk me home after this, right?" She asked.

"Most definitely." I nodded.

Mr. West decided to have me and Courtney work together again, since he remembered the results of last time which were great.

+

After tutoring, I continued to walk Courtney home.

AN: I know, shorter than usually but I have a special chapter planned next(I think it'll be next chapter)

It may be a two separate chapters, not sure. After that one I have something REALLY special planned.

So, yeah. Um thanks for reading. I hope this doesn't seem bland or anything...

So, please vote and stay tuned for more Scottney

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

422K 4.8K 112
STOP READING THIS started sometime in 2019 ended april 2021 just old, cringey & unrevised one-shots i wrote at 3am PLEASE READ MY SCENARIOS OR SHORTS...
5.7K 76 14
Got bored and decided to write this (If your that annoying cousin who checks my phone to get me in trouble, this is just to improve my writing skills...
40.9K 548 25
"𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪, 𝙉𝙚𝙬𝙩! 𝙎𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙯𝙚!" "𝙉𝙤, 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨...
5.7K 192 5
𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐦𝐬, 𝐡𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫...