It's Not Just a Phase! (BxB)...

Bởi ZaitsevVannChemistri

Being in the closet for a gay boy is hard. Literally. But Maxwell Kenji Mendiola, your typical 17-year old hi... Xem Thêm

WARNING! (BxB Story)
Chapter 1 -Crush Over The Net
Chapter 1.5 - Friends? Friends.
Chapter 2 - Thursday Morning
Chapter 3 - Stars
Chapter 4 - Chance
Chapter 5 - Loose
Chapter 6 - Overdrive
Bonus Chapter - Christmas Special
Chapter 8 - Off of You
Notice!
Chapter 9 - Confiding to Mark

Chapter 7 - Aint Gonna Happen Again

664 18 0
Bởi ZaitsevVannChemistri

[ Maxwell's POV ]

Aint it nice waking up with your head pounding like a hammer hitting it nonstop? Well, yeah.

Half asleep, I shifted my position and turned over. My head throbbed more painful and I winced . Woah, the matress felt harder than the last time I checked?

A moan sure escaped from my mouth as sudden irritation climbed inside me. I just shrugged the feeling and grabbed the nearest pillow my hand touched first and cuddled it, trying to drown the drowsiness.

I could smell another faint yet odd scent that im surely very familiar with, I just couldnt tell what or from who it was right now. With my head pounding like crazy, I couldnt think right.

I groaned and  slowly I tried opening my eyes. The warm sunlight greeted me and I noticed that my eyeglasses were absent.

Well I slept, right? Of course I'd place it in the bedside table. My hands searched the bed's edge but strange, I couldnt feel it.

I scratched my eyes off of sleep and let my eyes scanned the vicinity and that's when I noticed the different stuffs inside my - er, somebody's...room?!

And, I've done it.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaggghhhhhh!" My usual deep and puberty-brought voice came into a... something that'd freak even spongebob in bikini bottom( if you ever think that might happen btw).

It echoed and lasted for a few seconds till a loud thud broke the noise and I retreated myself. My back felt the headboard and my chest began pumping f*ckin crazy as nervousness took me .

There, someone in blankets just fell off from the  sofa and seemed to be shaken awake and quickly stood up from its lying position.

Oh dang frenchbreads. This cant be effin happening.

All in scrampled white v-neck shirt, a pair of boxers and a nest of a hair, Erickson stood there, bags under his eyes and a dried drool on his right cheek.

Gross, I thought, but he looked cute anyway for a morning fac-

W...wait..wait up, Max! Did I just thought of it?!

Seriously, huh. I rubbed my eyes again, rather harshly this time, blinked a few times and pinched my face. It was no use.

It was reality. In his room. What should I do!

His face painted with sleep deprivation and worry stirred into a smirk as he probably saw my face showing the panic from inside.

D*ng it! Dont do it! Im gonna lose my self-control sooner or later  if you keep doing that!

"Ohh morning sleepyhead", he greeted, mocking.

"Why am I here?!", My mouth said. The question that left my mouth sounded so hypocritical. I've tried recalling back what happened or what were the consequences last night.

"You came here seeking the One Piece." Gah, I groaned at how sarcastic he is right now infront of someone who couldnt remember a few hours of his life.

Yeah I could remember the party, the twins dragging me to this Kenson's place, me going outside and ... And.. Uh...

"What happe.....ned....?", The question lingered from me as I shoved the bedsheet that was covering me and wolla...

If my eyes could just pop out of the sockets like in Spongebob, they sure are already rolling on the floor. Nervous and shocked, I stared in disbelief as I saw the sweatpants im currently wearing.

So that' explains why I felt so loosed. And..and.. my shirt...it's a green lantern logo shirt!

My pants ... So was my shirt as well. Oh no no way. It's not like what im thinking right now, is it?

I lifted my head to stare at him, horrified, and disbelief prominent in my face.

In a matter of a few seconds, I took a peek inside the sweatpants and to my relief, yeah same boxers.

Thank God. A sigh came out of my mouth.

"Oh yeah...?" He finally said something again.

I shot my eyes at him just to witness him still smirking. Is he amused with this?! I cant believe it. It's getting me stirred on the inside just thinking about the realization I came up with.

"What the h*ck?!" Was all i could manage to say. Heat ignited in my body and I could feel it burning in my face. A-am I blushing?!

And he burst out laughing. Oh yeah great. A husky laugh, hangover, memory lost -wow what a morning to start with.

[Erickson's POV]

I cant believe this. He cant remember anything from last night! Part of me felt relieved with that fact and another felt... disappointed? Sorry? Sad?

I didnt know what emotion I should show, instead I just kept all of them at bay. Maybe it's best for now to not tell him about what happened in the backyard back there.

"What the h*ck?!" I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out laughing. Oh zeus, his voice trembling in fear like I've done something that aint nice to him. And damn he's blushing!

Like undressing and changed clothes of somebody who's drunk? No, i dont think it's not nice. They should be grateful, shouldn't they?

It took me like three minutes laughing off when I managed to get back to myself. His face still hasn't changed from before.

"God, Maxwell. You aren't thinking I've done something? What are perv you are, I see."  And I stepped closer to him till im on the edge of the bed and crawled until facing him. The redness in his face seemed to get worse and he retreated till he noticed his back touching the headboard.

"Man, get off of me!" He protested on pushing me off but Im just way stronger so I kept on closing our distance till my nose could almost feel the tip of his and our breath fanning each other's face. Dang, he looks so adorable when being teased especially in this kind of distance.

Maxwell closed his eyes and shouted, "I said get off, bastard!" and kicked me in my chest that caught me of guard, rolled off the bed and fell on the floor with a thud.

Luckily, I didnt break a rib nor a one. How come I've forgotten that he's also in the Sports Division like me? Dang, I could've kissed him! Aww, Max you just dont know how cruel you are! Tsch.

"S-sorry! J-just what are you thinking? Man, you're messing and it's ki-" He trailed and winced, rubbing his temple. My mood suddenly changed from a jerky bravado to downhill worried. Pain evident on his face as his nose scrunched and he winced again.

"Having bad time with the hangover?" Maxwell nodded and I stood up ignoring the funny pain he did to me and went for my desk, pulled a drawer and grabbed some meds and I tossed it to him.

He seemed to be glaring at me like the whole time, like waiting for the moment that'd kill him, throw a knife right straight to his ribs or whip him to a pulp.

But I dont mind doing the last one. It's se-w...what?!. I mentally slapped myself. Zeus am I  turning to a masochist?

Maxwell  hesitated at first, eyes still glued to me. I rose a brow at him and he averted his eyes and damn it with the blush again! A sigh escaped from his mouth and finally he decided to reach for the meds.

"If you feel like doing your morning routine, obviously there's the bathroom", I said pointing to the bathroom  door just beside me.

He just nodded and I could tell he's still nervous and that red shade on his face is a proof.

"And oh, dont worry. I'll get your clothes downstairs. Feel yourself at home." Maxwell was reluctant on doing anything so I left and made my way downstairs.

Soon as Im striding the stairs, chocolate and coffee and bacons held my olfactory captive. Oh, mom sure is early today, huh? Right, sunday. They sure are heading for the mass.

Sunday. Sunday...

Damn it! Why hadn't I thought of this before anything else last night! Realization hit me like a train moving miles per hour and panic suddenly came.

It's sunday and for sure he's up and already in the kitchen waiting! That old hag wont like it seeing Maxwell here. Heck, aside from the relatives, he doesnt like any guys from school coming to his house even Mark who's my best friend. This is just one of those things that changed from him since that day.

As much as I wanted Maxwell to stay over for a longer time, the devil's within the vicinity and I dont like the idea of him hurting and humiiliating Maxwell in the very front of me. Also, it literally looked like I "kidnapped" him from last night and Im pretty sure his parents are already gnawing their nails.

Before I could land my hand for the bathroom's doorknob, the door swung open inside revealing the last person I wanted to see today...no, for a lifetime.

"Good mornng, dad!" Trying to lighten up, I greeted him like a son usually does. He just stared at me for a while and left without a word. I shouldn't be surprised, for over 2 years of this kind of treatment from him.

I just shrugged and entered the bathroom. I did my morning rituals faster than usual and grabbed Maxwell's clothes in the laundry room, since Maxwell is waiting uo there and he might come down any minute and that"d be trouble. Maybe he can go out once the coast is clear when they leave. I finished everything and went upstairs for my room.

"Hey, sweetie! Good morning!" I saw mom standing there infront of the door with a tray of her morning feast in her hands. I stared down the stairs to the kitchen and dad's out of the angle. Good.

"Good morning, mom!" and I kissed her on the cheek. "I didn't say I was having my breakfast today in bed?" I asked her and she just rolled her eyes. Mom made a posture as if her hands are on her hips, but she's holding the tray so her hips told me.

"Oh, come on, sweetie. You can be smarter than that! Who says this is for you anyway? Of course it's for your "friend".", emphasizing the last word.

"Ah I see. Thanks mom and no, it's not like what you're thinking." I offered my hands and she gave me the tray.

"If you say so, sweetiepie. I hope he'll like it."

"He will, of course!" I said it like the little boy I was when Im bragging something to his friends.

"Stephanie, we're gonna be late!" Before our talk could go further, dad roared from the kitchen making the two of us to look at each other.

"Coming down a minute!" Mom shouted cheekily and turned to face me. "Behave boys! Mom doesnt like getting anything in this house dirty or you'll clean it by yourself!"

I groaned and she just chuckled and gave me a reassuring smile and squeezed my shoulder soflty and left. What I like about mom is that she's smart and a hard figure for a very loving woman. I wonder how the two opposites ended up together?

My thoughts broke when the door opened a bit and Maxwell took a peek. I quickly noticed he's just wearing a towel wrapped in his waist. I didnt know if I blushed.or not but sure I felt some heat on my face when I saw him half naked.

Oh zeus, he's driving me crazy.

His face was in shock for a second and then he blushed and did I get it right that he threw that emotion of at the back of his brain and just stared at the food in the tray and his clothes I was holding.

I didnt realize I was staring at him for a couple of seconds, getting myself full of him in my mind as my eyes traveled him head to toe. As expected, he has a fair tanned skin which is a bit surprising since he's in the volleyball team, torquiose eyes that glitters probably indicating he took a warm shower, chisseled stomach but not that comparable to mine which is more defined in a way. I might dropped the tray any second now. Maxwell waved his hand at me, confused.

"H..hey. You're taking too long and I think you were having a talk with your mom, your mom is it? Dont worry eavesdroping isn't my thing." I nodded at him rather quickly, feeling embarassed for a moment, did he by any chance heard our talk? Damn please no, it'll freak him out.

"Can I go now? They probably sure are going nuts about me and-" With his arms crossed on his chest, I cut him off.

"Uh, Max I think it's better if we take it a few more moments after? Come on, my mom made breakfast for you after all." Pushing him off backwards and I locked the door behind with my other hand.

Confusion crossed his face but he didnt argue anymore so I put down the tray on the bedside table, gave him his clothes and he went for the bathroom. Not long after, he got out and now on his clothes.

"Eat up before it gets cold. I assure you I didnt put any rat killer drops there and it's delicious. Or if nah, I'll just eat it myself."

"Im fine jerk, Im not hungry. Can I go home." Maxwell sounded stubborn but then, a digestive growl echoed faintly and it turned out to be his and i-it was c-c-cute?!! I stared at him wide-eyed and I burst out laughing again, seeing him blush and shifted uncomfortably from sitting in the bed. 

"What's so funny?! I ain't hungry, douche!". He shouted guiltily. Awww.

"Your tummy says otherwise. Dont be a rockhead and help yourself". He sure hesitant on taking the food but I could see in him that he's hungry since he hadn't eaten after last night.

"T..Thanks." Was all he said and I told him to go for the desk to eat. He did and I heard him muttered a "Itadakimasu" before digging in. Watching him eating sure entertained me enough.

Just then, a knock on the door went and the two of us seemed to froze for a moment.

"Sweetie, we'll be going now. Have fun and behave!" Mom singsang on the outside. Phew, it's just mom. Footsteps sounded for a second and it stopped just to hear mom say, "And enjoy your food, kid!" which made Maxwell's eyes go wide looking at me and I just shrugged.

The engine outside started and soon we heard the car pulling off and there they went for the road. Finally, coast is clear and it's the two of us. The two of us. No one else.

"Btw, do you have my phone?" Silence was broken by Maxwell and to my surprise he's finished eating and has taken the meds I gave him. I shook my head slowly which made him cursed something.

"Oh jeez. Might've lost it at the party. Great, more things to scold me for." He just rested his forehead in his palm and let out a heavy sigh.

After another couple of moments, we decided to go downstairs and for Max to leave. Believe me, I dont really like him leaving for now. The time he's with me, in my room, in my clothes, God, im treasuring those.

"Are you sure you wanna go home alone? I could give you a ride with the motorcycle there. It'd be faster than going all with the jeepneys."  I offered and he stopped on his tracks as we're on the door now and he seemed to be debating on whether accepting it or not.

"Well, if my guess is wrong, they're probably attending the mass now but Yuki might be there to put a cuff on me until our parents come back.". He scratched the back of his neck and he felt uncomfortable again.

"Okay, but dont break the speed limits, jerk! I dont wanna die so soon!"

I just nodded and I grinned, making our way to the garage.

[Maxwell' POV]

I cant help myself but to close my eyes in the helmet while on the ride (err no, Im not clinging to his waist. That's too cliche and I might just squeezed him till he gets molded to an hourglasss with all the nervousness) and just recall back everything I can from last night.

The twins coming to scoot me over to the place, drinking something in th kitchen, the conversations I had with people there...and...and.. Did I.. just ..drunk myself?! Oh God, no. Im gonna be grounded again!

Ughh.. Frustrated that I cant remember anything anymore after I felt like bored at some time back then. The furthest I coud remember is that I was walking out of the kitchen and I think I headed somewhere and that's all. I tried asking Erickson several times to tell me what happened but his reponses were just "Sorry I arrived late" and "I wasnt there" or "I dont know". But I got this feeling that something happened and he knows it, he just wont tell me a thing.

The motorcycle came to a halt and I bumped my forehead to Erickson's back. It caused a quick pain but more rather Im feeling right now is that I think I dropped my heart somewhere along the road. I got off of the deadly vehicle, dropped to the ground on fours while clutching my chest, heaving heavily. Sweat beads appeared on my forehead and face despite of the wind during the trip.

"Are.. we ...-hhere- oh, o-okay. D*mn*t you're gonna kill me in no time bastard" I realized.

Usually it'll take like forty minutes from Erickson's place to reach ours but with him driving like he's Lightning McQueen, it took us only like more than twenty.

"Hey, you okay?", Erickson asked, laughing. I glance up at him at threw rudely the helmet I used but he caught it fine. He's standing in there, topped with a black leather jacket matching his helmet and a bit to his grey motorcycle.

Dont ask me what model what that is or expect any more compliment for that, I dont know a single thing about them. All I know is that a motorcycle is a mechanized bicycle that's run by gas and doesnt need to be pedalled.

"At least we're early. Can I get at least a thanks for that? Never mentioning me washing and drying your clothes, giving you meds and food, and me changing your clothes when you we-"

"I got it! I got it! Dont say it anymore! Okay! Thanks! There you go have it." I cut him off, not risking if anybody would here it and that would be really embarassing since I decide for him to drop me a few blocks away from ours, in case there are people inside the house. Man, his bluntness, I just thought it was sexy for a second.

He frowned for a second but grinned nonetheless. "That's kinda rude. Cant it be more politely said? That'd be great."

It earned him a groan from me and I just slapped my forehead. This boy is seriously acting like a kid and I could say, he's doing it perfectly, I'll give him that.

"Thanks for everything, man." And I sighed in defeat, well, also feeling a bit guilty since I seemed to be rude about it.

"Too late, can i get a kiss instead? It'll be fair that way, though". That's it. He's flirting with me, though I couldnt give in to it in the obvious possibility that he's just playing around. I couldnt risk on letting my guard down. I cant lose this. I guess playing along, wouldn't hurt, right? Let me try.

"Oh, well why haven't you said it earlier so I could've given you this?" Sarcasm oozing out of my words while I pulled my sleeves and balled my fist in front of him just to show. 

"Chill out, dude! Cant pull out a prank on you, huh?" He flashed me a smile, and d*mn, the irritation that I have a while ago dispersed and my feet went wobbly for a moment. Wow. Just when did he started to feel so hyper about this and I really hate this person for making me feel this damn things. Idiot.

His smile faded as soon as he turned his eyes past my back. I rose a brow and turned to see him looking in the direction of our house. Felt confused, I asked him what's wrong but he just pulled a smile and said nothing.

He bid goodbye and drove off. I stood there clueless and confused, but shrugged anyways. As if I'd known him better to tell. I started walking and I noticed that there were bicycles parked in our driveway, four in total.

Whose bicycles are they? Visitors in sunday? Not a single conclusion came up while I continued on walking towards the door. Despite that, I couldnt hear anything or any chatters from inside even the television or Yuki's speakers, neither was playing. So I take it's safe to dive in?

Just when I thought it was safe, from the window I saw the unexpected. I almost dropped my jaw in shock to see EVERYONE in the living room.

Louisa with Dom in her lap and Jerric are sitting on the sofa, the twins are sharing in one seat, together with their parents standing beside a woman whom I didnt know, and Kenson, too, which surprised me. Why is he here? And who's that woman anyway?

What's not surprising yet very terrifying is that my mom is nowhere to be seen, and that's when I realized what I saw ealier that the driveway is empty. Crap, im dead for sure, seeing she's not around with father walking back and forth with his hand on his chin.

God, Im so sorry I didnt know they were this worried about me. Im gonna be battered any time now so I pulled my hand from turning the doorknob and walked backwards a few. Should I ran for this time? Or just.... get inside?

Right at the moment I turned, the most terrifying happened.

"Kenji?!" There the door reveals dad...the raging dad we witnessed when Yuki and I fought for the cotton candy we bought when we were kids.

Everyone was shocked behind him and  I saw Dominique ran up to me and hugged me in the legs.

"Where have you been?" Dominique asked cheerfully, completely contrasting the mood of the situation especially from the man behind him.

"Yeah, Kenji, Where. Have. You. Been." Dad demanded sternly.

I took a gulp and felt like I lost my tongue right there and I turned to stone by medusa, but not by her this time, but my own dad.

"Err..." Crap. Im screwed.

[A/N: Hey there! So I finally did an update before Christmas! Life and school kept me busier lately that I could only do part by part  on Chapter 7's draft. Also, I've decided to delete the chapter 8's draft and make a new one since Im starting to notice that im writing the story too slow, no?

And oh oh, yeah you, YOU!! Thank You Very Much for all your supports and the feedbacks "IsNJap!" is getting. Im actually considering all those as your Christmas gift for me and this story to you and myself as well. These really swells my heart and does affects me by having the motivation to write 'more' and update 'faster' for you and it makes not just me very happy but also Max, Erick, and the rest of the gang! :D Im clapping for you guys so why not clap for yourself? Yo guys are AWEEEESOME-mm! Im hoping for your continuous suppport and feel free on visiting my profile if you want to and drop by a "Hi" in there! :) :)

Lastly, Im planning on writing a bonus chapter for this story BEFORE MIDNIGHT STRIKES (ok does it sound like Cinderella) yes, before Christmas!!

My 2/2 Christmas gift for you frenchbreads! So stay tuned and Merry Christmas! :)

(Sorry it's too long for an A/N xD)

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

117K 4.5K 27
I'm Finn Vasco but that's not quite important right now. I'm a pretty sarcastic guy if I'm gonna be honest. I'm closed off and I literally only have...
35.4K 2.3K 28
Dane has always been Mr. Chill. His friends think of him as the centered, calm, even kind of guy. He plays the piano. Bakes on the weekends. Does...
2.3K 92 24
It all started in my Junior year of high school. That year was when everything changed, when everything that I've known about myself was no longer t...
23.5K 796 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...