Thunder & Blood (Emmett Culle...

By jumpingmanatee

Astrid Diana Swan is the adopted daughter of Charlie Swan and Renee Dwyer. She was found on the couple's door... More

Chapter 1 Leaving Phoenix
Chapter 2 First Impressions
Chapter 3 Class and Confrontation.
Chapter 4 A Conversation With Carlisle
Chapter 5 Questions.
Chapter 6 Astrid's Day Off
Chapter 7 Persistence
Chapter 8 First Date.
Chapter 9 Studying
Chapter 10 Port Angeles
Chapter 11 Strange Date.
Chapter 12 Common Sense
Chapter 13 The Truth Hurts.
Chapter 14 First Day of Fighting.
Chapter 15 Lost In Thought.
Chapter 16 Sister Vs. Sister
Chapter 17 Moving On
Chapter 18 Bella's Attitude
Chapter 19 Seperate Ways.
Chapter 20 The Better Man
Chapter 21 Confrontation
Chapter 22 Finally Found.
Chapter 23 The Coming Storm
Chapter 25 Saying Goodbye
Chapter 26 Meeting Odin
Chapter 27 Settling In
Chapter 28 A Life-Changing Decision

Chapter 24 Divine Arrival

19K 543 82
By jumpingmanatee

**NOT BETA'D ANY MISTAKES ARE MY OWN**

Thor and Diana arrive in the throne room where Odin and Frigga are attending court. They bow to Thor's parents, and Odin nods, “To what do we owe this visit, my son?”

“Father, Diana, and I would like to discuss with you our daughter,” Thor tells his father.

Odin stares at his son and daughter-in-law, “Clear the room.” Odin tells everyone.

The nobles bow to Odin and Frigga and leave the room, “What has happened with my granddaughter, Thor,” Frigga asks.

“As you know, Mother, Heimdall has been keeping an eye on her, and today Astrid has decided that she wants to search for her biological parents.”

“And we all know her endeavor will be fruitless since we are here on Asgard,” Diana says.

“So, Diana and I have decided that we are going down to retrieve our daughter,” Thor tells his parents.

Frigga smiles at her son, “I think that is a wonderful idea.”

Thor beams at his mother, “Thank you, Mother.”

Thor looks at his father, “Father?”

Thor looks at Diana and Thor for a bit longer then sits back in his throne. “I agree; it is time she learns who she is. But I want to know what has Heimdall found out about the creature that attacked her and the one that is courting her.”

Thor and Diana look at each other, “Your majesty, Heimdall has described the creature, and I believe that it is a vampire.” Diana tells Odin.

Frigga looks confused, “A vampire?”

“A creature with red eyes that roam around attacking humans and feeding off their blood, my dear,” Odin tells his wife.

“The difference is that this particular boy has only ever fed off the blood of animals, and he has gold eyes. He and his family have a permanent residence, and the young ones attend school with Astrid. He has never threatened Astrid, according to what Heimdall has reported,” Diana clarifies.

Odin's eye widens, he knew what those creatures were. Odin had run into them once or twice while he had visited Midgard. They had red eyes and their skin as hard as marble, but with Gungnir, he could easily destroy them. Odin could even use his bare hands to tear them apart if necessary, and their fangs could not pierce the skin of an Asgardian. But as much as Odin disliked Midgardians, he thought even less of vampires. They were savage and had no self-control.  The fact that these particular vampires lead a semi-normal domestic life intrigued him.

“You have my permission to bring my granddaughter home. You, Diana, and Loki will go down and retrieve her,” Odin pauses for a moment, “Bring the creature with you.”

Thor and Diana bow and leave the throne room. Thor and Diana go to the garden where Loki sits under a tree reading a book. Loki doesn't even bother to look up from his book, “To what do I owe this visit from my sweet sister and my oaf brother?” Loki says as he turns the page.

Thor grins at Loki, “Brother, it is time.”

Loki looks up from his book and studies Diana and Thor's faces, “You are finally going to retrieve my niece?”

“Not only us, Loki, but Odin has also ordered for you to accompany Thor and me,” Diana explains.

Loki closes his book, “Why?”

Thor's brow furrows, “I do not know. Perhaps he thought that you could help us understand these Midgardians better?”

Loki laughs, “I understand these mortals as much as you do, Brother. If anyone understands them, it's Diana.” Loki says and nods towards his sister-in-law.

“I would think it is only as an extra precaution that Odin wants you to come along, Loki. And if anything else, seeing the God of Mischief may convince Astrid even more,” Diana tells Loki.

“We are also bringing back a Midgardian creature,” Thor says.

Loki raises an eyebrow, “What kind of creature?”

“A vampire. I think your magic will help subdue the creature's coven if necessary without destroying them,” Diana explains.

Loki thinks for a moment, then slowly nods, “Perhaps you are correct, Sister. We do not need this great oaf swinging his hammer and destroying everything in sight.”

“I can control myself.” Thor protests.

Loki and Diana both stare at Thor, “Fine, Loki should handle the coven.”

Loki grins at Thor, “Well, Dear Brother, when shall we leave?”

“On the morrow. It is nighttime on Midgard, and we will not disturb Astrid now.” Diana says.

“Are we going to dress as warriors or in our royal garments?”

“As mortals, it will be less of a shock for my niece. When the time comes, we will show her who we truly are. I will cast a glamour on us,” Loki tells his brother.

“Then tomorrow, after we break our fast, we shall retrieve our daughter.”

Loki nods, “Agreed.”

The dawn could not approach fast enough for Thor and Diana. They stayed up half the night talking about their daughter and what type of person she had grown into under the influence of the people of Midgard. Thor held Diana close, “Heimdall says she is strong-willed like you, My Love,” Thor tells Diana, “And she enjoys battle as much as we do. Heimdall says that she has a great interest in Norse and Greek Mythology. So that may help her in accepting us as her parents.”

“Do you think she can forgive us for losing her,” Diana asks Thor.

“I believe so; if she is anything like you, she will have a forgiving heart,” Thor says and kisses Diana's head, “ And once we explain what happened and that we never stopped searching for her, she will understand. Now, let us get some sleep, My Love, tomorrow will be an eventful day.”

Diana kisses Thor goodnight, then snuggles more into him and goes to sleep. The next day after breakfast, Odin and Frigga accompany Thor, Diana, and Loki to the Bifrost. Before Heimdall opens the Bifrost, Loki casts a glamour on the three of them so that they look like they're wearing Midgardian clothes. Diana looks at herself and then at Thor and Loki, she nods in approval. Taking Thor's hand, they turn to face the Bifrost. Thor squeezes Diana's hand.

“Heimdall, open the Bifrost.”

“Yes, My Prince. I shall open it in a clearing in the forest as not to startle the mortals. But close enough to the vampires home.”

“Good thinking, Heimdall.”

With that, Heimdall opens the Bifrost, and Thor, Diana, and Loki step through and are shot down to Midgard. Seeing planets and stars zip by as they travel.

Meanwhile, at the Cullen house, Astrid had gone over early so that Esme could cook her breakfast. They were sitting around watching Astrid have her breakfast and talking when they suddenly storm clouds started to gather out of nowhere and began to center around the clearing that was close to the Cullen house. Astrid suddenly perked up, feeling the power coming from the storm. She dropped her fork and rushed outside. Emmett rushed after her.

“Sunshine, what's wrong?”

“You don't feel it?”

“Feel what?”

“The power of that storm that's coming. It's not a normal storm, Emmett, you have to take me there.”

“No, it could be dangerous.”

“I have to go there, Emmett. Whatever that is, it's calling me. If you don't take me, I'll go myself.”

Emmett hesitates, Astrid huffs and takes off running, “Astrid, wait! Talk to me, what are you feeling?” Emmett asks as he catches up with Astrid.

“I don't know Em, but I have this need to be there. I know that something is going to happen when I get there, but I have to hurry.”

“We'll all go with you then,” Carlisle said.

Astrid looks at Carlisle and nods. Emmett picks up Astrid and takes off running with everyone following behind. They arrive just in time to see a bright rainbow light hit the ground and leave a runic symbol on the ground. When the bright light recedes, three people are standing there. The vampires are on hyper-alert, thinking that these people are dangerous. Astrid's eyes widen as she realizes what she just witnessed, “No fucking way,” She whispers.

“What,” Emmett asks.

“Emmett put me down.”

Emmett reluctantly puts her down, and she begins to walk towards the three people, The tall blonde man, the woman with dark hair, and the other man with dark hair. But her eyes are locked on the blonde man's blue eyes, the same shade as her own.

“Astrid, what are you doing, what was that, who are those people,” Emmett asks.

“That was the Bifrost, The Rainbow bridge,” Astrid says.

Thor smiles, realizing that she knows who they are, “Loki, remove the glamour.”

Loki looks at Thor, “Are you sure, Brother?”

“Yes, she knows who we are.”

Diana looks at her daughter, and nods, “Not specifically, but she does recognize at least Thor.”

Loki waves his hand, and the glamour comes off. Astrid's eyes widen, for standing before her, is Thor, the God of Thunder, in his armor and red cape holding Mjolnir. Exactly how she painted him. Her eyes flash to the dark-haired man who is also in his formal garb with his horned helmet, and Astrid realizes that he can only be Loki god of mischief. That would mean that the woman is the one from her sculpture, the Amazon warrior.

Astrid continues to walk towards them, Emmett reaches out for her, “Astrid, what are you doing?”

Astrid shakes off his hand and continues to get closer to the gods. Once she's close enough, Astrid drops down to one knee and looks at the ground, “Greetings Thor, God of Thunder.”

“No fucking way,” Emmett says.

Thor looks down Astrid; his heart almost bursts at seeing his child that looks exactly like him. Thor couldn't help it; he kneeled in front of Astrid and raised her chin and helped Astrid to her feet, “Rise, Daughter.”

“What?” Astrid says.

“You are my daughter, Astrid.”

“I, I am?” Astrid is so overwhelmed, her eyes roll back, and she faints in Thor's arms.

Loki stares at Thor and rolls his eyes, “Well done, Thor, you killed your daughter.”

“Astrid!” Emmett screams and rushes towards the three strangers along with the other Cullens.

“Oh, I almost forgot about them,” Loki says. And with a wave of his hand, he paralyzes the Cullens before they can get any closer.

Loki grins, “Foolish creatures. Shall we take Astrid to Asgard now?”

“No, not yet, we need to wait until she awakens,” Diana tells Loki.

It doesn't take long for Astrid to come to. Her eyes flutter open, and she looks into the smiling face of Thor. Astrid remembers what Thor tells her, “Holy shit!” and she scrambles away from Thor.

Thor's smile falters, “Are you alright, Daughter?”

“Am I alright? No, I'm not alright. You just told me that you're my father,” Astrid looks at Diana, “That would make you my mother, right?”

Diana nods

Astrid looks at Loki, “Uncle Loki?”

Loki laughs and bows, “At your service, Niece.”

“This can't be happening. You can't be my parents. You're myths.”

“I can assure you, Astrid; we are not a myth. Though we can understand why you would think so,” Loki says.

“How do you know my name?”

“We named you, Astrid Diana, Thorsdottir. Loki is the one who gave you that necklace you wear the day you were born. You can only remove it,” Diana tells Astrid.

Astrid looks down at the necklace she's wearing. Charlie told her that she had it on when they found her on their doorstep, “How do I know you're not trying to kidnap me. That you are my parents?”

“Astrid, you are a warrior like your mother, and you have her strength. You have my powers. You can call forth lightning and control the weather somewhat. I will need to train you and give you a weapon to help you control it better. You look exactly like me, especially the eyes,” Thor says with a smile.

Emmett, who is still frozen, looks between Thor and Astrid and realizes that she looks exactly like the man standing in front of her. He's also surprised to hear that Astrid can control the weather. She never told him anything about that. It must have been what Astrid had been hiding from him since Phoenix.

“What do you want from me?” Astrid asks.

“Heimdall informed us that you wanted to search for your true parents, and Odin decided that your father and I could come down and retrieve you.”

“Heimdall, Odin? They're real too?”

“Of course, they are.”

“Wait, if you knew where I was, why didn't you come for me sooner?” Astrid asks, starting to get angry.

Thor and Diana look at each other, “That is a little complicated. Perhaps we should talk somewhere else?”

“Okay,” Astrid looks back at the Cullens, “Could you unfreeze my boyfriend and his family?”

“Brother.”

Loki waves his hand, and the Cullens unfreeze. Astrid runs to Emmett's side. Thor, Diana, and Loki walk over to the Cullens. Thor smiles and steps forward, “Greetings, I am Thor Odinson, God of Thunder. This is my wife, Princess Diana of Themyscira, and my brother, Loki Odinson, God of Mischief.”

Astrid's head whips around, “You're the princess of Themyscira? That means you're the daughter of Zeus!”

Diana smiles, “Yes, Astrid. Your grandmother, Hippolyta will be happy to see you.”

Astrid put her hand to her head, “This is a lot to take in.”

“I'm sure it is, Niece, but we will help you as best we can,” Loki tells Astrid.

Carlisle steps forward and offers his hand to Thor, “I'm Carlisle Cullen, this is my wife Esme, and our children, Rosalie, Duncan, Alice, Jasper, and Emmett.”

Thor takes Carlisle's hand and shakes it very carefully, “It is nice to meet you all. Heimdall has told us a great deal about you and your family. It is commendable that you fight your nature to lead normal lives.”

The Cullens stiffen, “You know what we are?”

“Of course, I had run into your kind before when I lived on earth,” Diana explains.

“Well, thank you, we do our best,” Esme says, “Shall we head back to our house so we can speak more comfortably?”

The Asgardians nod. Emmett picks up Astrid and runs back to the house with the others. Loki teleports him, Thor, and Diana to the Cullen house. When the Cullens arrive, the Asgardians are waiting for them.

“Please come in,” Carlisle offers.

Thor takes Diana's hand and leads her into the house, followed by Loki, but all three of them are aware of their environment in case of treachery. Carlisle and Esme go into the living room and offer the Asgardians seats. Thor and Diana sit on the sofa. The sofa creaks under Thor's weight. Loki sits in the armchair, while Astrid and Emmett sit across from her parents on the love seat. Astrid glares at her parents, “Okay, explain to me how you two could abandon me on Midgard for sixteen years and expect me to go back with you to Asgard?”

Diana's eyes sadden, “Astrid, we did not abandon you. You were taken from us by the Dark Elves. There was a war on Asgard, and while your father and I fought to keep the people safe, a Dark Elf snuck into your nursery and took you. Nearly killing your grandmother in the process. They then put a spell on you that hid you from Heimdall's eyes until you broke it when you called down the lightning to kill your enemy.”

Emmett looks at Astrid, “Is that how you killed James, Sunshine?”

“Yeah, but I didn't know I could do that. It freaked me out so bad that I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. Wait, that happened weeks ago, what took you so long?”

“When we were informed that you were found and that you were attacked, Odin decided that he wanted Heimdall to watch you to see what that creature was and to see how you had grown up. I protested, but Odin convinced me to wait a while longer.”

Astrid thought about it. She knew that it was rare for anyone to go against the Allfather except for Loki. So, she could accept that he made her parents wait, “So what exactly do you want from me?”

“We want you to come home and get to know you. We want to teach you how to be a goddess and live up to your true potential. And above all, we want to be a family.”

“What about the family I have here?”

Thor and Loki looked at each other, “Odin will never allow them to come to Asgard, but I'm sure he will allow you to come to visit.”

Astrid turned to Emmett, “What do you think?”

“I think you should go, Sunshine. You wanted to know your parents, now's your chance. I'm going to miss you, though.”

“Ah, but you will be coming with us, Emmett. The Allfather wants to meet you. That is if you want to,” Diana tells Emmett with a smile.

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, Odin has taken an interest in you,” Thor says.

“Which may or may not be a good thing,” Loki says.

“Would you mind if we talk to my dad about this,” Astrid asked.

“Dad?” Thor asked, looking at Diana.

“An informal way of addressing a father.”

“Oh,” Thor says sadly. Diana takes his hand and squeezes it.

Astrid's heart clenches at seeing the sad look on Thor's face, but Charlie was her dad. Astrid knew that soon enough, she would call Thor Father.

“It is fine Astrid, would you like us to come with you?” Diana asks.

“If it's okay with Carlisle, could you wait here for about an hour then come over,” Astrid asks.

“That's fine, Astrid,” Carlisle says.

“That is also fine with us, Daughter,” Thor says.

Astrid smiles at her parents and grabs Emmett's hand they get up and leave the house and drive back to the Swan house. In the meantime, Carlisle and the others have a pleasant conversation with the Asgardians.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 2.7K 27
Mickey Swan, the Adoptive son of Charlie Swan. He was adopted at the age of twelve when his father overdosed on drugs. Now he is 18 that barely goe...
287K 6.4K 32
Alena Swan was adopted to the swan family. She doesn't know her real last name due to being a newborn baby who was dropped off at the Swans. As she g...
523K 11.9K 59
Summery: Seraphina Hale Cullen was Alice and Jasper adopted daughter. A long time ago Alice had a vision about a baby being left behind in the woods...
324K 7.4K 29
Emmett and Jasper along with Edward haven't found their mate. Jasper and Emmett heard of a share mate and knew that if him and Jasper had a shared ma...