Duplicity [h.s]

By happydays1d

"Smoking is bad, you know." The placid voice speaks up from the distant dark corner, nothing to see but a tal... More

-read me / trailer
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

14

673K 15.5K 84.7K
By happydays1d

I never got out of somewhere quicker.

The last thing I remember was collecting all my stuff from my dressing room and leaving as quickly as I could. I feel stupid, so stupid.

He is unbelievable, and there is no changing his ways. The hard part is I knew he wasn't going to change, but I took a last minute chance on him.

I didn't say a single thing to him, I left and shut the door. He wanted me to come and see him like that. I don't know what his point was; was he trying to make me jealous? I am not jealous of that girl, if anything I feel bad for her.

The drugs, oh my god I didn't realize he did hard drugs. That explains the first time I met him, his eyes were beat red. I was just so naive to think it was from sleep deprecation.

He doesn't want to be friends and work things out, he wants to intimidate me. He wants me to see him in his true prime. There's no scaring him or battling him with anything, he's going to do what he wants no matter how I retaliate.

I hurried back to the hotel because I was beyond embarrassed by the situation. It felt like I was the topless girl on his lap due to the second hand embarrassment. I couldn't get out of there fast enough, I grabbed my shit and got back to the hotel in record time. I needed to be alone in my safe space, where he can't taint it.

I know this tour is going to be hell, he's gonna make it a nightmare for me. It's only been the second day and I'm already exhausted just by him. I can't believe he'd call me into his dressing room with lies just to put me in a terribly awkward situation. I've never met someone like him before, so unbelievable.

When I got to the hotel I did the only thing I could, get ready for bed. It was nearly midnight after all, but tomorrow I get to sleep in because it's my free day unless called by one of the guys.

I needed to sleep, today has been absolutely draining just by the drama and nerves. I woke up abruptly today, ran into Harry too many times, cried in the bathroom, and held everyone up.

I showered the sweat off myself, sweat from the hot arena and the stress. It was nice to use the expensive shower to wash away all my daily regrets, quite refreshing if I'm being honest. Even the soap they supplied was top notch, so no complaints there.

After my shower I got into my pyjama shorts and an oversized shirt that used to be Ryan's. It's kinda messed up to be wearing your exes shirt still to sleep in but he never asked for it back and it's my favourite sleep shirt. I don't think he ever wanted it back, it was all ripped at the end from how worn it is. It's a dark red football class shirt, clearly too big for me but that's what I kinda like about it.

I started to get very tired when I was brushing my teeth, pushing all the thoughts of today in the back of my head. My body was physically hurting all over from exhaustion. I was lazily driving the toothbrush in my mouth, shutting my eyes and just excited to go to bed after this.

Until there was a knock at the door.

I opened my eyes to face myself in the mirror again, freezing my brushing. I thought I just heard it in my head until the door shook again from a heavy knock, startling me a little bit.

I lean over and spit in the sink, rinsing quickly before hurrying over to the door.

I opened it up and came to face a tall frame standing in the doorway. My stomach dropped to my shoes, my breath escaping my lungs the second I met his green eyes that were still reddened from narcotics.

My first instinct was to shut the door on him in reflex, but when I did he slammed his hand against the surface and held it open. I look at his inked hand covered in silver, my stomach jumping.

With his jaw clenched holding the door open, he looked down at me with his intimidating height.

"Don't even try." He shakes his head, stepping forward closer to me.

"You can't come in." I shake my head frantically, my stomach growing a pit because I was alone. I couldn't see over his shoulder to know if anyone else was in this hallway, but my guess was we were alone.

He walks leisurely forward, my eyes widening as his chest touched mine and I stepped back. I couldn't block him, he was much bigger then me. He brought a scent of cologne with him, mixed with what also smelled like perfume.

He walked forward until he was completely in my room, shutting the door behind him and leaning his back against the door.

"Leave." I say strongly, my heart racing.

The side of his neck was littered in red almost purple patches, I knew exactly what they were from because I witnesses them get placed.

"No." He shook his head, furrowed brows and a glare in his eyes.

"Get out." I try to be more assertive, getting strength in my voice over the shakiness.

"What are you gonna do?" He walks closer as I walked backwards. "Cry?" He adds in a condescending tone.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as my nerves were over the deep end from fear of what was going through his mind.

"I'll scream."

"Please do." He doesn't back down, stepping up to me until the back of my legs met the end of the bed.

My heart was racing, my stomach was a pit. I got really nervous being alone with him here without knowing his intentions.

"Why are you here?" I stammered out.

"You're on thin ice with me, you know that?"

"I don't know what you want from me." I shake my head. "I've done nothing to you."

"Oh but you have." He whispers.

"Why would you call me into your dressing room to see that? Why would you lie and say you wanted to be civil like a normal person?" I shake my head.

He plasters a small toothy smirk while shaking his head.

"I don't give a shit about being civil princess." He shakes his head.

Nice.

"So you're just trying to make my life hell?"

"I was trying to give you a photoshoot. That's what you want right? I'm sure the girl didn't mind, she's probably used to a camera being in the room." Evil was jumping around in his eyes.

"You're disgusting."

His eyes darken and the crevices between his eyebrows becomes aggravated. His jaw clenches like he was about to snap. My stomach turns as he steps forward again, causing me to fall back on the bed so I was sitting upright in front of him.

I grip the side of the bed and look up at him from his waist level. My heart pumped scary fast and nothing was hurting me more then this pain in the back of my throat.

He grabs my chin solidly, making me look up at him.

"Watch it." He mutters. "You don't get to talk to me however you want."

I push his hand back so he lets go of my chin, surprisingly he didn't fight it and put his hand down by his side.

"I'm not your property, I can talk to you how ever I'd like." I fight back, clueless on how his mind works and why he thinks he can touch me.

"You work for me."

"I work with you."

"You don't think I can have your job with the snap of my fingers princess?" He threatens.

He was standing right against my shins so I couldn't stand up again even if I wanted to. I didn't like sitting here waist level with him, I didn't feel safe. Plus he is literally making me feel smaller then I already feel.

"Just please leave me alone Harry." I shake my head.

Sadly, I know he can take my job away. He has no idea why I'm here and how bad I need this experience to work out. I can't have him snap my future from my fingertips just because we don't get along.

He was intimidating, too intimidating. Something about that constant twisted look in his eyes and overall vibe didn't sit right with me. There was more to this man then I knew, but it scared me to ever investigate it.

He froze looking down at me, his height making him look skyrocketed above me from this angle. I watched as his chest mildly puffed up and down from breathing, black t-shirt and an open red flannel on his body. It hurt to swallow and I was trying to hide the fact my hands were shaking on the bed. I wanted him to leave, I was uncomfortable with his presence. I know he was probably still on drugs, I saw what he took earlier and no doubt he's on a high.

He moved his eyes from mine, drawing them to the space between us. It's like finally he took in I was sitting on the bed in front of him because his pink lips pulled the smallest smirk to himself, followed by a subtle exhale through his nose.

I didn't like the looks of that smirk.

I was about to jump backwards on the bed to get away until he grabbed my chin again, lolling my head back up to look at him.

"You're on strike one honey." He whispers demonically, burning his thumb into my chin. "Two more strikes and you'll really regret taking this job."

Don't call me honey.

"Is that a threat?" I whispered with more fear then assertiveness.

He stared silently at me, holding my chin still. When I thought he was going to agree or say something else, he instead snapped his hands around my upper arms and whipped me up to my feet. I gasped at the transition, it didn't hurt, just startled me.

Face to face with him now in close proximity, I held my breath in nerves. His mildly bloodshot eyes burned into mine as he held me upright for a second in his strong grip, analyzing my features very finely. His eyes danced from my nose to my lips to my cheeks until meeting my pupils again.

He grins like he did earlier, a fake evil grin. His hands gently let go of my upper arms to where he proceeds to lift them up and grab my cheeks instead, engulfing them in his large cold hands.

Why were his hands so cold?

"You have a good sleep now okay?" He strokes my cheekbones with his rugged thumbs, not answering my previous question.

As I parted my lips to speak one of my jumbled thoughts, he let go of me and stepped backwards. I shut my lips again as he looked at me up and down very quickly before turning around and striding quickly towards and out the door.

Despite his calm exit, he slammed the door behind him. I flinched at the sound, my hands mildly shaking still without him ever realizing.

The minute I was alone I let go of the breath I was holding, sitting back down on the bed and throwing my head in my hands. My heart was still racing even though he was gone. I wanted to run up and lock the door just to be sure but I somehow knew he wasn't going to come back in.

It was a threat.

//

the damon salvatore vibes is strong here, I didn't realize it until I read the chapter back

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 484 5
Always read at your own risk
8.2K 129 18
穿成残疾女主的炮灰上司 Author:铃舟 https://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=6701118 https://www.xbanxia.com/books/288379.html Pei Yujiang in the apocalypse is th...
345K 6.4K 56
this is a gxg story so if you're not comfortable with just don't read it:)
1.7M 98.2K 43
She claimed that she could see his true colors. But the only color he ever knew were the red of his assignments. -Cover made by @Tonii