𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬�...

By CallingCollins

"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved... More

Time's Temptress
𝑹𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 | Act One
I | Excruciatingly Electrifying
II | For Love
III | For Community
V | Chance Encounters
VI | Swinging Parties
VII | Of Nonsensical Parades
VIII | Spontaneous Visitation
IX | For The Hunt
X | Singular Togetherness
XI | Of Unwanted Pastimes
XII | Confidence in a Stranger
XIII | Melancholy Bottle of Sunshine
𝑫𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 | Act Two
II. I| Beyond The Natural
II. II| For Severe Misguidedness
II. III | Masterful Facades
II. IV | The Lies We Spill
II. V | For Family
II. VI | The Clean Slate
II. VII | Of Historic Revelations
II. VIII | For The Mission
II. IX | The Alliance
II. X | Of Ravenous Aggression
II. XI | The Mayhem
II. XII | The Reckoning
II. XIII | For Us
𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 | Act Three
III. I | The Cullens
III. II | Woman of Trade
III. III | A Brush With Sympathy
III. IV | Turmoil In The Home
III. V | Of Choosing Sides
III. VI | For Crossing The Line
III. VII | A Swan's Natural Diet
III. VIII | Of Being One For The Dramatics
III. IX | For Stubborn Star Crossed Lovers
III. X | The Cycle of Catastrophes
III. XI | Of Double Dates
III. XII | For Siblings Fight Dirty
III. XIII | The No Names
III. XIV | Of Danger At Bat
III.XV | For Humanity
III.XVI | The Kindred Spirits
III.XVII | The Two of Us
𝑬𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒉 | End
I | One Shot | Bella's Birthday

IV | Of Nuisances

18.4K 683 238
By CallingCollins

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

      Hannah was taking her sweet time walking home. The town was small enough that it wouldn't take too long. Which, didn't really matter anyway, seeing as she never grew tired.

      Her ballet flats tapped delicately, soundlessly, as she gazed at the fluffy clouds above. Hannah's white sundress flapped in the light breeze and many would say she appeared like a dove, flying in for a landing.

      Many of the town's people were categorized into two lanes. Those who were too intimidated to approach Alice and Hannah. And those who were arrogant enough to not understand 'no' for an answer.

      That was Bradley Zimmerman. A blue collar, handsome young man at the prime of taking on his father's business. He had cropped and cut blonde hair, gelled backwards. His crystal blue eyes and charismatic smirk could curl any woman's toes but not Hannah's. She tried to avoid him at all costs because he just didn't understand rejection. Spoiled boys had a tendency to do that.

      "Hannah! Hey, Hannah." He smiled that mega-watt grin as he jogged up to her. Turning on her heel, she tilted her head up slightly to get a good look at him. "Well if it isn't Ms. Hannah Carmelo."

      "Good afternoon, Bradley." She was polite, only choosing to internally cringe as he leant forward to kiss her cheek. That was a very forward act, one she did not appreciate. "How are you?"

      "Well, thank you. You're looking very beautiful on this fine day. I love what you did to your hair." Hannah arched a quizzical eyebrow, reaching up to touch her hair. It was curled whilst half of it was pinned away from her face. Exactly how she always had it.

      To humor him, she smiled gently. "Thank you. I'm incredibly sorry for cutting this short, but I really must be getting home."

      "Oh, I'll walk you." He led her by the elbow in the direction of her house. "Have you given much thought about my offer?"

      Hannah sighed internally, grinding her teeth as they grew closer and closer to her home. Yes, after four short months Bradley did unexpectingly offer to court her. Which, was an old fashioned for this era, but still didn't appeal to Hannah in anyway whatsoever. She had a guess that he just wanted to scoop her up before anymore of the towns people decided to cuff her.

      She stayed silent, thinking how to let him down gently but also make it perfectly clear she was not interested.

      "Yes, and I have my answer... Though you may not like it." His expression went from excited and smug to offended and disappointed.

      They finally made it to her home. The exterior was painted white with red rose bushes perfectly planted out front. Window boxes filled with lilies complimented the house, nicely. And Alice was sure to add her special touch by stoning up the pathway to meet a placemat with their initials.

      "Listen Bradley, you are a handsome and quite the suitable man that any woman would be lucky to be courted by, but I'm not that lady. My responsibilities rely with my sister and a suitor would only distract me. Alice and I, are a team. I'm sorry." She turned to face him at her bright red front door, her ivory skin contrasting with such vibrancy.

      She made sure to compliment him, boosting his ego although she was rejecting him... again. It honestly confused Bradley to the point of him furrowing his eyebrows, quizzically. He couldn't get through his head why someone would possibly say no to him.

      "I - I just don't understand. We would be perfect, Hannah."

      "Perfect is overrated." She shook her head with a sympathetic smile. Leaning on her toes, she reached up to lightly kiss his cheek. A farewell to his endless flirting and failed attempts to woo her. "Have a good evening, Bradley." Was the last thing she said to him before she went inside and closed the door with a relieved sigh.

      "He's a hard one to shake off," Alice's voice spoke out at a normal volume from her bedroom in the house. Hannah, hearing her perfectly fine, padded towards the back room.

      Hannah entered the elaborate room, with one wall covered in pin strips while the others were colored a light lilac purple. A velvet blanket was draped over Alice's bed, the texture more expensive than most townies made on a days wages. The fresh flowers and silk sheets were always changed out every morning, requested by Alice and fulfilled by Hannah because she was the over compulsive cleaner. Where Alice loved to live in style; Hannah highly appreciated a pristine abode at all times.

      Finding her spot on the bed beside Alice was a routine she'd never forget. On top of the covers, the Brandon sisters reclined, their hands intertwined as their thoughts went seven miles a second. They had one rule above all else; not to use their gifts against each other. Hannah wouldn't invade Alice's privacy by searching through her past memories and Alice wouldn't stress Hannah out with possible futures. So far, there hadn't been a problem.

      "Sometimes I wonder if he ever listens to a word I say," Hannah sighed. Alice, pursing her lips, spared her sister a glance.

      "Maybe finding someone wouldn't be too bad, Han."

       She shook her head, light brown hair ruffling against the cushions. "They'll only divide us. It's better this way."

      Alice, not believing a word of it, sat up on her forearm. Her golden eyes saw beyond as she looked her sister's face over. She was, after all, the eldest of the two. Hannah had been taking care of her ever since they transitioned, but now, Alice thought it was about time to switch positions. What her golden haired sister didn't know was that she was working behind the scenes. Locations and timing were everything. All was left was Hannah's reaction to it.

      "You were never good at lying, luckily you make up for it with your fashion sense."

      "What does that have to do with anything?" Hannah arched an eyebrow, scrunching her nose.

      "At least you'll look great while doing it. What do you take me for?" The two chuckled as Hannah stuffed a perfectly fluffed pillow onto her sister's face. The only thing that wasn't refined after her transition was her adorable snort, but even that sounded heavenly coming from her nose. "A meddling sister, that's what! You can have Bradley if you want him. He's not my type."

      Alice smiled secretly to herself, "Oh, I know your type very well." The pixie immortal perched up from the bed, a spring in her step. As she skipped out of the room, she left Hannah alone with a beyond confused expression plastered on her face.

     "Wait what?" Alice ignored her, humming to herself. "What do you mean, Alice? Alice!"

      "Good night, Han." She sung in a bell-chime tune, knowing full well what she was doing to her helpless and restless sister.

Some sister bonding in this one as well as a introduction to a new character, Bradley. He's more of a supporting character for some plans I have in store. Something big is happening next chapter and I'm so excited.

Comment, Vote! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 9.3K 45
˗ˏˋ꒰☀️꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) A place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels home; the place where you are...
125K 5.9K 31
"𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐢𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐟𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞...
357K 7.6K 29
||Book one in The Protectors Series ||Twilight ||COMPLETED: October 3, 2017 CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. ❝Seventeen, running from innocence, like it's a...
87.3K 1.6K 26
Meet Maddeline Swan and her older sister Isabella Swan. They were the best of friends, always getting hit on Bella protected her little sister at all...