HIDDEN PROPHECY. (SEQUEL to D...

By ChaeWinacott

Embrie has grown from an infant to a young lady in no time at all. She resembles her mother and father, and i... More

Copyright.
Thought Two. - Odd.. but nice.
Thought Three. - Party Hardy.
Thought Four. - Midnight Eyes.
Thought Five. - A name to the eyes.
Thought Six. - Honey, I'm Home!
Thought Seven. - Coffee date.
Thought Eight. - Clunk.
Thought Nine.
Thought Ten.
Thought Eleven.
Thought Twelve.
Thought Thirteen.

Thought One. - Mr. Sexy sounding.

466 15 1
By ChaeWinacott

            “Embrie!”

I cringe as my name is screamed, and it echo’s through the empty halls. Turning around I find my eyes landing on the culprit.

            Blake.

He come’s to an abrupt halt, feet away from where I stand. His dark brown hair is disheveled, and he’s breathing heavily – trying to catch his breath. I stare at him, waiting for him to settle, and possibly elaborate on the name yelling.

How freaking far did he run to catch up with me?

“Blake, hi.” I say, giving him a curt nod. I stuff my hands into my pockets, suddenly feeling very anxious.

I just want to go home.

“Hey Em! I’m so glad I caught you in time!” His honey - brown eyes rest on my aqua -green ones. His lips turn upwards, sending me a dazzling smile.

I arch my eyebrow, waiting for him to continue.

“Well, you see.. I was just wondering if you were going to that Halloween party tomorrow night?” He says after a few moments of hesitation.

Oh, joy.

“That’s at Kirk’s house, right?” I ask, even though I know that it is.

He nods his head, keeping his perfect smile intact.

“Yep! So are you going?”

Am I going?

“Yeah…no. I think I’ll pass on the drunken display of idiocy from my fellow peers, and stick to my normal Halloween routine.”

Ever since I can remember, Halloween has always consisted of sitting around the house, eating chocolate and watching scary movies. Although, I’m sure my parents took me out for Halloween when I was younger, but I don’t really remember any of it. My father is really naïve, and my mother usually just scoffs at the idea of Halloween. All of the heebie-jeebies stuff just doesn’t make any sense to them, and they truly believe that it’s just another holiday made up for companies to profit off of. Which is true in a sense, but people still seem to have a lot of fun dressing up as something that doesn’t exist.

“Uh, Embrie? You still with me?” Blake’s deep, and oh so sexy, voice snaps me out of my internal rant.

            “Yeah, sorry. Was just thinking.” I give him a weak smile, and tuck a few strands of my dirty-blond hair behind my ear.

            “It’s okay, but boy! What I would give to know what you are thinking sometimes! Your eyes just stare so intently, and you start biting your bottom lip…” Trailing off, his cheeks turn a lovely shade of pink, and I can’t help but chuckle.  “So anyways, what I was getting to…”

            “Continue…” I say, clearly mocking him.

But that’s the way we are. It’s just the way we converse, like everything’s a joke. He’s been my friend since the beginning of high school, and now we’re in our last year. We aren’t exactly best friends, but we do talk on a school basis.

            “Will you go to Kirk’s party with me? Please? I know that you don’t want to go… but I mean, we could just get dressed up, and have a few drinks.. and then I will take you home?” He’s nervous. He brushes his fingers through his hair, his eyes searching my face.

I can actually feel how badly he wants me to say yes.

Ah, shit.

I really try to stay away from these social events. I would rather curl up in my bed, and read a good book. Just turn the pages of some fictional novel, getting lost in their world. Where things like social status, and going to a Halloween party; don’t matter.

I look back to Blake, and see that his smile is no longer there. He is now sporting a dramatic pouty lip, and big, soulful puppy dog eyes.

I have a huge weakness for puppy dog eyes.

            “Ah, Blake. Really?” I whine, shoving him on his shoulder. “You really had to bring out your sad, ‘I’m a lost boy and I just need your help’ look?” He just nods his head yes, and mouths ‘please?’

I noticeably roll my eyes.

            “Fine. Pick me up at nine.” I say turning on my heel and darting for the exit.

            “Okay! It’s a date!” I hear him yelling after me, but I just continue through the doors and start my walk home.

A date.

I really wish that he could have seen my eyes rolling at that last statement. There is no way that this qualifies as a date. As handsome as he is, dating just isn’t my thing. The last time I even dated someone, it was Kirk.

Kirk Vaygen.

In grade ten, he was in three of my classes. He was, and still is a total party boy. All he ever wants to do is get drunk, and get laid. We first started talking at one of his parties; of course. I had gone with my friend Marni to his March break party, and had been totally infatuated with his toned – shirtless- body, and his cocky humor.

But that can only last for so long.

We dated for a month, and after he realized that he wasn’t going to get passed second base with me, he dropped me like I was hot. He told every guy that he knows, that Embrie Collins is a nun.  And after that, not many guys would pay much attention to me. They are all looking for someone to crunch their cravings, to eat up in one gulp. And I just won’t be one of those girls.

So to say that going to Kirk’s house party is one of the least things that I’d want to do on my Saturday night; is an understatement.

I’d rather have a random encounter with a vampire.

I chuckle to myself, turning the corner, which leads to my house. Running up the few stairs to the porch, I reach into the side pocket of my backpack and grab my key. Sticking it in the keyhole, I turn the knob, only to realize that the door is already unlocked.

Hmm, mom must be home.

Stepping in and closing the door behind me, I kick off my sneakers and inhale a deep breath.

Caramel.

“Ma? You home?” I yell out, throwing my backpack on the ground, wanting to forget about all of the homework I have this weekend. I walk into the kitchen, and see my mother coating apples in caramel. She looks up from her task, and gives me a warm smile.

“Hey sweetie. How was school?” She asks in her soothing voice, rolling an apple on a stick into some caramel.

I walk up to her and peck her on the cheek, secretly dipping my finger in the caramel. Backing away, and sucking on my deliciously tasting finger, I reply.

“School was school. I’m just glad that it’s Friday.” I sit at the kitchen table, bringing my legs up to my chin, and resting there.

Mom just rolls her eyes at me, and laughs.

            “You don’t have to sound so enthused!” She says sarcastically, a smile giving way on her lips. “So I rented a bunch of scary movies for you, because I know how much you love to watch them at this time of the year. Although I can’t really fathom why…”

            “Ah, ma. Thanks, but if you were to ever watch one of them, you would understand.” I say, cheekily pointing my finger at her.

            “No, it’s just not my thing. I don’t get what’s so thrilling about vampires, werewolves, witches, and whatever else I’m leaving out. It’s all fake. I don’t get why you obsess, and fill your head with these fictional characters. Why not go out with your friends this year? Have a girls night?” She looks up at me, quirking an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes at her and dramatically squirm in my seat.

            “Uh, if you haven’t noticed... I don’t really have any girl friends. I’m kind of anti-social.” At this mom rolls her eyes at me. “But since you mention it… I am going out tomorrow night.”

            “Oh, really?” Mother inquires, stopping her apple- coating process.

I get up off of my seat, and get ready to bolt to my bedroom.

            “Mhm. I’m going to Kirk’s Halloween party with Blake.” I see her body jolt, and I take that as my cue to run.

I scurry up the stairs to my bedroom and shut the door abruptly behind me. Letting out a breath of air, I walk over to my nightstand and pick up my book, Evermore. I sit on my bed, and make myself comfy. Before I can open my book, my mind starts to wander.

I’m going to a party with Blake.

A guy actually wants to take me out, and spend time with me.

I will have to see Kirk, and I will have to get dressed up.

Oh, shit.

I don’t even have a costume. What am I going to go as?

Grabbing my cell phone out of my jean pocket, I dial Blake’s number.

After three rings he answers, his voice catching me off guard.

“Hello?” His deep, raspy voice makes it’s way to my ears, making my jaw drop open almost immediately.

Have I ever realized how sexy his voice is?

Not until now.

            “Uh, hey! It’s Embrie. Was just wondering what you are dressing up as tomorrow?” I try to sound as nonchalant as I can muster up, although inside I’m drooling and swooning like a total awestricken bimbo.

            “Oh! Hey! I’m going down town to pick up a costume in about an hour. Want to just come browse with me?”

Go with Mr. Sexy sounding Blake?

Or stay home and read?

            “Sure! That’s perfect.” Could I sound anymore desperate?

            “Great. I’ll pick you up in an hour, see you soon!” And he hangs up.

One hour, and I’m going to be in a car with him.

Oh God, what is wrong with me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 486 33
*Still the same old How to Live, Love, and Kickass but just with some upcoming changes and edits* Long ago a prophecy foretold the rising of a powerf...
495 15 8
"Wouldn't you kill her first if you had the chance?" "The Slayer only kills Monsters. If she kills me, then that means I'm a monster." There are mon...
331K 8.4K 48
Meet Willow Woods, a very passionate beautiful girl who has a fun and free personality. Willow always knows what she wants and she won't let herself...
2.6M 87.2K 46
"Shift." His voice hit me like a serrated blade as he stepped out of the crude semicircle of hardened wolves that had formed around me. I pushed mys...