This Isn't The End {Stiles St...

By SiriusCatBennett

Sometimes Rae Martin didn't know whether to strangle or kiss Stiles Stilinski. It usually leaned towards the... More

This Isn't The End {Stiles Stilinski}
Trailer
Epigraph
Prologue
WHAT (An A/N story)
The New Girl
Training Day
5. Seconds. of. Fucking. Summer
Jealous Stiles
Scott's Eyes Glow?!
So I Made a Thing... (A/N)
A Little Ali Argent, A Little Isaac Baehey
Is There a Word Worse Than Disaster?
The Healing Touch of a Friend
Sharing the Love
Blue Eyed Boy
Stupid Derek. Stupid Teenagers
Class Schedule (A/N)
The Alpha
Tunnel Vision
Nogitsune (A/N)
The Reckoning
Tipping the Scales
The Art of Understanding
Misconceptions
Flurry of Emotion
Uncle Peter
Red
Preparations for Battle
Biological Makeup
And Everything Comes Crashing Down
This is the End
๐ŸŽŠ Sequel ๐ŸŽŠ

Avid Avoidance

378 10 232
By SiriusCatBennett

Chapter 17: Wolf's Bane

So, I know that in this episode their English teacher is a woman. I didn't see that when I made her schedule so we're just gonna pretend that she is a substitute. :)

~SiriusCatBennett

~Rae's POV~

Waking up once again came with the realization that, no. Everything was not just going to 'work itself out.'

Groaning, I rolled over and threw the blanket over my head, smothering myself with my pillow. Hearing my alarm go off, I slid an arm out of the blankets to grab my phone, quickly shutting it off. Looking over, I ignored the numerous texts and calls from Stiles and Scott from the last two days before scrolling down to read a single message from Derek. 

Grumpy Wolf: You know, I'm getting real tired of being chased

Chuckling softly, I replied: Well that's what happens when you're the most wanted man in California. What happened? 

Backing out of Derek's messages, I scrolled down to see Danny's name highlighted as well. 

Dannyboy: Hey, are you alright?  You weren't at school yesterday. 

Quickly typing out that I'm fine, just took a personal day, I forced myself up and out of bed. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't stay home again. I'd already missed too many days. 

Grumbling to myself, I tossed my phone down on the bed before walking to the closet. Shoulders slumped, I surveyed my options, not really feeling like dressing up. 

Sighing, I grabbed a pair of scuffed-up blue jeans and an oversized, off the shoulder beige sweater. Looking over my shoes, I decided on a pair of red block heels. Finding my red trench coat, I pulled it off the hook and threw it over my arm before grabbing a pair of undergarments. Walking back into my room, I placed everything on the bed before walking to the bathroom. (Match the coat to shoes.)

Showering quickly, I thought of how I was supposed to get through today without bumping into Stiles. We shared half our classes, not to mention we shared permanent seats in Chemistry. We also sat next to each other in English, but luckily we had open seating, meaning I could come in right before the bell rang so I could choose a seat away from him. I could only hope that Harris wouldn't say anything about me sitting elsewhere. 

Shutting the shower off, I wrapped a towel around my wet body. Drying myself off, I put on my robe before drying and brushing my hair. Walking into my room, I sat down at my vanity. Grabbing a clasp for my hair, I pulled part of it back and pinned it behind my head. Plugging in my curling iron, I got to work on my makeup. Covering up the dark bags under my eyes, I went on to apply a light layer of foundation to my face. This was so I could throw some blush on my cheeks seeing as I was slightly paler than usual. Lining my waterline with eyeliner and winging out my top lid, I was quick to finish off my eyes with mascara. Completing the ensemble with a nude lipstick, I pushed it all aside to put in my bag. 

(Her hairstyle.)

Grabbing the previously discarded curling iron, I speedily curled the ends of my hair before turning it off. Looking at myself in the mirror, I let out a huff before smiling pointedly at my reflection. 

"Everything will be okay," I told myself, wishing that I felt the same way on the inside. Getting up, I grabbed my makeup and walked over to my bag, tossing it in the small pocket before standing in front of my bed. 

Looking at the clothes, I grabbed my underwear and sidled into them before strapping on my bra. Pulling on my pants and my sweater, I smoothed everything out and pulled the left side down a bit more off my shoulder. Swinging on my coat, I sat down on the bed to pull on my shoes and socks, being careful of the bandage on my ankle. 

Once I was finished, I stood up and grabbed my phone, throwing it in my pocket. Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I carried on down the hall to knock on Lydia's door. "Hey, Lyds we've got to go." 

Waiting, I was confused at getting no answer. Knocking once again, I waited a moment before opening the door to her room. Sweeping the area with my eyes, there was no Lydia in sight. Her bed had been made and her light was off. 

Eyebrows furrowed, I closed the door as I went downstairs by myself. Unlocking the front door, I walked outside and relocked it before continuing to my car. Looking at the driveway I noticed Lydia's car was nowhere to be seen. She must have left to go somewhere early. 

Driving to the coffee shop, I grabbed my regular hot drink (caramel latte) and a croissant before finishing the drive to school. 

Pulling into an open spot, I looked at the clock to see I had seven minutes to spare. Glancing around to make sure Stiles jeep was nowhere near me, I pulled my phone out of my pocket. Sighing, I read Danny's reply to my message before checking if I had one from Derek. 

Grumpy Wolf: I was this close..this close to catching him. And then the frickin police showed up. Stilinski says they're just doing their jobs but it's still bullshit. Not to mention the goddamn Argents showed up. 

Grumpy WolfI hate this town 

To Grumpy Wolf: The Alpha?! How did you get that close?  

Wanting to say something else, I refrained as I needed to know more about how he found the Alpha. 

Looking at the time I realized I needed to go so that's what I did. Walking speedily to the entrance, I surveyed the area around me with my head down. Luckily not seeing either of the boys, I raced through the doors and down the hallway to my locker. 

Seeing a twitching Stiles standing next to the piece of metal, I quickly detoured around him. Keeping my head down, I tried to blend in with the crowd as I hurried past him. Letting out a relieved breath as I reached our English classroom, I ducked inside. Ignoring Scott and Allison's eyes on me, I carried on to the back of the room where there was a single open seat surrounded by people. That way no one could try to sit next to me. 

Grabbing my book and notebook, I pulled them out of my bag and set them on my desk. Opening my notebook, I got busy doodling random things and writing, hoping to keep myself distracted and unnoticeable. My foot would not stop incessantly tapping and my pen was flicked around in my hand, hitting the desk when it wasn't in use. 

I tried to ignore the fact that I could feel someone looking at me. I couldn't tell who it was, but I could feel their gaze burning into my head. 

Anxiety eating me alive, I shove my free hand into my hair, closing my eyes as a breath left my mouth. 

"Rae." A voice spoke hoarsely above me, causing my whole body to tense in anticipation and my eyes to fly open. I didn't look up right away, instead, I squeezed my eyes shut once again. 

Steeling myself to look up and talk to him, I was extremely thankful when the bell rang and our teacher told him to take a seat. 

Letting out another sigh, I let my head drop to my desk with a light 'bang.' I wondered how many times you could bang your head before you got a concussion. I'd been doing it a lot lately. 

Breathing, I tried to calm myself down in my cocoon of darkness, not noticing Allison and Scott leaving. Deciding I was going to have to look up and pay attention to the lesson, I took a deep breath to steel my nerves and looked up, throwing my hair back. 

Once again ignoring the eyes piercing the side of my face, I looked at the board to see what we were doing for the day. Opening my book up to the page number we were on, I tried to follow along with the teacher but found myself losing my train of thought often. By the end of the class, I had absolutely no idea what was going on and knew I'd have to read the chapter over when I got home. 

Huffing at the fact, I put away all my things and ran out the door right before the bell rang, hoping to once again dodge Stiles. Racing straight to my cooking class, I threw down my bag next to Isaac who had first period right down the hall. 

"Well hey, speed racer." He commented, smiling ruefully up at me as he put his pencil down. 

Looking at him in consternation, I plopped down in my seat and huffed, placing my face into my hands. 

"Hey, hey, wait. What's wrong?" He asked, putting a hand on my arm as he leaned closer to me. 

"I told Stiles," I mumble under my breath, sinking a little further in my seat. 

"What was that?" 

"I told Stiles. How I feel about him." I said a little louder, hoping he would hear me. 

"Oh, wow." Isaac paused, seeming to mull over the information. "I'm guessing it didn't go too well." He spoke up, causing my head to lift and look at him, setting my head in my left hand.

"I don't know," I responded, making his eyebrows furrow in confusion. "We got in a fight and I just kind of told him everything." I explained, blinking as I looked at him, my face scrunched up. "He didn't say anything so I ran out of his house and I've been avoiding him ever since. I don't know what to do, Isaac. I'm going crazy." I told him, letting my head fall to the side a bit as I closed my eyes. 

"Well, you shouldn't do that." Looking up in confusion, he elaborated. "Go crazy." Nodding, I simply closed my eyes again and let out a huff. "Seriously, the kid's crazy about you. You're just in your head." 

Scoffing, I lifted my head to look at him with incredulity. "I'm definitely not just in my head," I spoke, putting quotation marks around the words. "Stiles is my best friend, he's gonna freak out over this. You're not supposed to fall in love with your best friend." I stressed, lightly slamming my hands down on my legs.

"Isn't that exactly what you're supposed to do?" He asked quizzically, eyebrows furrowed as he looked me in the eyes. "Fall in love with your best friend so you marry your soul mate or whatever?" 

Huffing, I ran a hand through my hair. "I mean, I guess. But..but, that's just in theory. I mean, how many people really get that lucky?" 

"I don't know, Rae. The only thing I do know is that whatever happens, you'll be fine. You're strong..plus, you've got me." Isaac smirked crookedly, looking at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. 

A small chuckle left my lips as I turned towards my desk. "Thanks, Isaac." 

At that moment, the bell rang and our teacher walked in the door welcoming us all to class. 

Maybe Isaac was right, maybe I would be alright. 

()()()()()()()()()()

Sitting down at a table outside, I was happy to see that Erica was already there waiting for me. "Hey," I said, sighing as I took a bite of my chicken. 

"Hey." She replied, scooping up some mashed potatoes from her plate. "Do you have the notes from English? Your class is doing Othello too right?"

Chewing, I took a moment before replying. "Yeah, we are, but I don't have the notes. I'm sorry." 

"Were you late or something? You okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Was just a little distracted is all." I told her, ripping at my chicken with my teeth to try and distract myself from why I was even sitting outside. I would love to be pressing the boys with details about last night; in which I'd been informed that Scott apparently got to drive Derek's car. 

"What she means by that is she's freaking out because she told Stilinski how she feels." Came a voice from behind me as Isaac slinked his way around the table to sit down. 

"Isaac!" I snapped, slapping him on the arm. 

"Oh," Erica replied, sounding slightly dejected. "Well, why are you freaking out? He's super into you." Erica told me as she pulled her frizzy hair back into a low ponytail. 

"I'm freaking out because he's not into me. I think I would know by now." I huffed, biting into my roll. 

"Oh yeah, like you knew I had a crush on you?" Isaac questioned, causing Erica's head to snap over to him. 

"Wait, you did?" Isaac simply nodded at her with a look on his face I couldn't quite make out. 

"That's beside the point. I'm around Stiles almost every day. We've been friends since we were kids. I would know. Besides, I told you he's in love with my sister." 

Isaac scoffed, "Yeah, okay. That's why he's currently staring at you and not at her?" His words caused me to whip around and look through the window, noticing Stiles staring through the pane. Quickly whirling around, I stuck my fork into my mac n' cheese, eating it with a blush.

When I had swallowed, I pointed at him with my fork. "He's staring at me because I've been avoiding him for the last two days." 

"Or maybe he's staring at you because he's totally gone for you," Isaac replied, the amusement in his voice not at all hidden. 

"Can we just let it go, please?" I asked, seeing Erica nodding out of the corner of my eye. 

"Fine, fine. But I think you should talk to him." Shaking my head at Isaac, I threw the last of my bread at him, laughing when it got stuck in his curls. He looked at me in shock before retaliating, throwing the piece back at me. 

Laughing, I ate some more chicken, not letting it escalate into a full-on food war. For a while, we simply ate in silence until my phone vibrated in my pocket. Figuring it was Derek, I unlocked it, staring at the words on the screen once I had opened the message. 

Batman: I know you're ignoring me, but you should know that Jackson found out about Scott and he wants to be a werewolf. 

Eyes widening to the point I thought they would pop out of my head, the phone fell out of my hand, luckily hitting the table. Scurrying out of my seat, I grabbed my tray and threw my phone into my pocket. Hurriedly explaining to the two that I needed to go, I walked speedily to the closest entrance to the cafeteria. Once inside, I raced to throw out my food and scoured the room for the Whitemore boy. 

Not finding him, I jumped at hearing a loud snap. Looking over to where it came from, I was surprised to see an extremely angry Scott with a snapped tray. Ignoring Stiles' gaze, I followed Scott's line of sight to see a smirking Jackson leaning against the vending machines. 

Feeling my blood begin to course with fury, I strode towards him quickly. Standing in front of him, I was glad to see his expression twitch at the unbridled rage in my gaze. Grabbing him by his jacket, I slammed him up against the wall causing the apple he was holding to fall to the floor. "What the fuck, Jackson? Do you understand how dangerous this is?" I questioned. 

"How dangerous what is?" He asked, trying to wiggle out of my grasp. 

Pushing him up against the wall harder, I answered. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. How did you find out?" 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait..you know?" Jackson asked, smirk dropping as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

"Of course I know. He's my best friend, Jackass. You need to let this go. You're going to get yourself hurt." Just like that, the smug grin reappeared on his face. 

"Oh no, I don't think so. I think I'll be even more powerful than McCall when this is all over. I think..that you three just don't know what you're playing at because you're naive and stupid little kids. I think that you just don't know how to handle all of that power." Looking at his stupidly pompous face, I did the first thing I could think of. 

I kneed him in the balls. 

"Listen up, idiot. You have absolutely no idea what you're dealing with. That thing running around killing everyone in town? The thing that almost killed us? That's the only thing that can grant you your stupid wish pretty boy. We didn't ask for this and you would be an idiot to. You're gonna get yourself killed and I'm not gonna do anything to stop you." I hissed out, throwing him down so he was curled on the ground nursing his wounded genitals and ego. 

Walking away, I paid no attention to my sister that was now crouched down next to the boy sending me dirty looks. I paid no attention to Scott's anger-filled gaze or Stiles' shocked one. I didn't even see that Isaac and Erica had followed me in to make sure I was alright. I walked away, anger coursing through my veins as I made my way to the gym, planning on taking out my frustrations on a punching bag. 

()()()()()()()()()()

Swinging the front door closed, I leaned against it for a moment and sighed. Between Jackson and Stiles, I thought my brain was going to explode. 

After a minute or so, I pushed myself off with a huff and locked it, making my way up the stairs. 

About to go into my room, I paused as I heard a weird noise coming from down the hall. Putting it off, I started to walk forward before I heard the noise again. Sticking my head around the doorframe, I stared down the hallway waiting to hear it again. 

When I did, I set down my bag and pulled myself back out into the hallway to follow the noise. The noise led me to Lydia's room, causing me to knock on the door. 

"Go away!" Came a muffled and strangled voice.

Disregarding the order, I opened the door and walked inside, trying to see what was going on. 

Looking over, all I could see was my sister's disheveled figure, tears running down her face as her makeup smeared. Immediately, I raced toward the bed, kneeling in front of her with wide eyes. 

"What's wrong? What happened?" I questioned, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. 

"Ja-Jackson broke up with me." She sobbed out, covering her mouth. "H-he called me dead weight." 

At the revelation, I felt the previously kindled anger rage into an inferno. "I'll kill him," I told her, going to get up to do just that. 

Before I could, I felt a hand on my arm, tugging me back. "Please don't. Just-just stay here." She begged, looking at me with her face scrunched up, tears making a grey trek down her smooth skin. 

Nodding, I sat back down in front of her, hugging her to my chest as she cried into my jacket covered chest. The anger burning in my chest morphed into complete and utter concern for Lydia as I leaned my head against her own. Rubbing her back, I whispered softly to her, hoping to calm her down. I couldn't believe that Jackson would do this. I honestly couldn't understand why he would. 

Yeah, Jackson was a dickhead and he and Lydia had their fair share of problems, but he did love her. 

I'd have to ask him when I beat his ass later. 

For the next half hour or so, I comforted my sister until her sobs turned into hiccups, lifting her head from my chest. 

"Can we watch The Notebook." She asked meekly, causing a tiny laugh to exit my mouth. 

"Of course we can watch The Notebook," I told her softly, holding her hands. "Are you sure that's what you want to watch though?" 

Lydia nodded, a tear sliding down her face that I was quick to wipe up. "Yeah, I want to watch The Notebook."

Nodding, I pulled her up off of her bed. "Alright, go clean yourself up. I'll go put the movie in."

Watching Lydia walk dejectedly to the bathroom broke my heart in two. She didn't deserve to feel like this. 

Walking out the door, I made my way to my room and took off my shoes, setting them by the door. Carrying on, I slid down the stairs, slinking into the kitchen. 

Grabbing Lydia's favorite ice cream (cookie dough) and my own, I carried them into the living room with spoons. Finding the newly bought movie on the table, I plopped it into the DVD player and turned on the tv. Snagging the sherpa blanket from the rocking chair, I threw it over where we'd be sitting. Taking off my jacket, I threw it on the chair and adjusted my shirt. 

Checking the time, I made sure that we'd have enough time to make it to the game in case she wanted to go. I knew Lydia, and she'd want to keep up appearances. 

Sitting down, I stuck my face in my palms as I waited for my sister. Today was just too much. 

Hearing padded footsteps behind me, I looked up to see Lydia's face clear of makeup, hair up in a bun and sweats adorning her legs. She smiled timidly as she got to the last step. "Hey."

"Hey. Come here." I told her softly, opening up my arm as I got under the blanket. The sad girl complied, tucking herself under my arm with her knees pressed up against my legs and stomach. Before I could put the blanket on her, she swooped up her ice cream making me smile. 

Wrapping the blanket around us, I made sure she was comfortable before starting the movie. As the previews started playing, I pressed the menu button. When that didn't work, I pressed stop twice and pressed play. Watching in anticipation, I relaxed back when the movie started playing, glad that it had worked. Setting down the remote, I wrapped my arms around my sister, causing her to lean her head on my chest. 

Sighing, I simply ran a hand through her hair as she ate her ice cream. 

()()()()()()()()()()

~Stiles' POV~

Walking through my door, I deposited my backpack on the ground on the way to my desk. Sitting down, I started typing on my laptop before my dad yelled for me. "Yo, da-Derek." My eyes widened at the fugitive standing in my room with his finger pressed to his lips. "I-um.." Shooting up from my seat, I rushed over to the door as Derek pointed to it. (Ha Yoda. Yoda Derek.)

Throwing myself in the doorway, I closed the door as far as it would go behind me. "What'd you say?" My father wondered, looking at me with squinted eyes. 

"Wha-I said yo d-dad." I threw a hand out and spazzed backward like it was stupid he thought I'd said anything else as I huffed. 

"Heh-uh listen, I've-I've got something I've gotta take care of, but uhm..I'm gonna be there tonight. I mean, your first game." At the reminder that I would get to play tonight, I grew slightly excited. I just wished I had Rae to celebrate with me. 

"My first game. Gosh, great..awesome. Uhh...good." I replied, trying to appear normal as I hid a leather jacket wielding werewolf in my room. 

My dad simply nodded his head as a smile grew on his face. "I'm very happy for you. And I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks. Me too. I'm happy..and proud...of myself." 

"So they're really gonna let you play, right?" My father asked as his shoulders raised slightly.

"Yeah," I told him, my voice rising and cracking slightly. "Dad, I'm first line." 

 "I'm very proud." He told me, a big smile on his face as he threw his arms up. 

"Ah, me too...again. I'm-oh.." I was cut off by my dad coming in for a hug. "Huggy, huggy, huggy.." I trailed off, raising my hand to the doorframe. 

My dad nodded and looked at me strangely before backing away and raising a hand. "See you there."

"Take it easy," I replied quickly, hoping that he would hurry up so that I didn't get caught with tall, dark, and brooding in my bedroom. 

When he finally slipped around the corner, I dropped my head back on my door and sighed before swinging the door open behind me. Closing it, I was surprised when my back met the wood as I was slammed against it, cutting off what I'd started saying. 

"If you say one word.."

"Oh, what? You mean like 'hey dad, Derek Hale's in my room, bring your gun?'" Waiting, I was unsurprised when he dropped his hand that was pointing at me and said nothing. "That's right. If I'm harboring your fugitive ass, it's my house, my rules buddy." Slapping him lightly on the shoulder, I almost immediately regretted it as he looked at where I'd touched him. 

Luckily, Derek nodded his head and straightened out my jacket causing me to let out a breathy chuckle as I did the same to him. Going to walk passed him, I jumped back as he lunged forward. "Oh, my god." 

"Scott didn't get the necklace?"

Turning around in my chair, I looked at him before replying. "No, he's still working on it. But there's something else we can try." Derek looked at me and made a 'what' motion with his hands in his pockets as he walked forward. "The night we were trapped at the school, Scott sent a text to Allison asking her to meet him there."

"So?" Derek questioned, looking confused. 

"So, it wasn't Scott." Obviously, Derek. I mean, come on. Keep up. 

"Well, can you find out who sent it?" 

"No, not me. But I think I know someone who can." I explained, turning back around to face my computer. Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I tried to ignore that Rae still hadn't responded to my texts as I scrolled down to Danny's number and sent him a quick message. 

It didn't take long for him to show up and by that time Derek was sitting on my bed reading what I believed to be Lord of the Rings, which confused me greatly. I didn't picture Derek as a LOTR guy. 

"You want me to do what?" Danny asked incredulously after I'd told him what I really needed him for. 

"Trace a text," I told him again, enunciating with my hands as I spoke. 

"I came here to do lab work. Which you should be doing with your actual partner, by the way. I don't understand why you're not just doing this with Rae." He said, shuffling around in his spot. 

"Because..she's not talking to me right now-just.." Frustrated, I put my head in my hand to try and continue. 

"Why?"

Before I could answer, another voice spoke up. "Because he's an idiot." My head snapped over in Derek's direction as he kept his head buried in his book, looking at him like Danny had looked at me a moment ago. 

"Wha-why am I the idiot?" I questioned, throwing my hands around in the air in confusion. 

Derek slowly looked up from his book with a flat look on his face. "Are you suggesting she's the idiot?"

"Wha-wha..no. You don't even know what happened, shut up." I spoke, going to turn back to Danny. 

"I know she told you she loves you and you didn't respond." He replied smugly as I slowly turned back to look at him. Derek had gone back to his reading but I could see a smirk gracing his features as he did so. 

"Hold up, wait. Rae has feelings for you?" Pinching my nose with my fingers, I let out a sigh at Danny's question. 

"Yeah, yeah, apparently. Hold on, how do you even know that?" I questioned Derek as I looked up, dropping my hand in a 'what the fuck' motion. 

"She told me." At the simple statement, I reeled back. What does he mean she told him? I didn't even know until recently. 

"Wait, so do you have feelings..for her?" Danny asked, his voice rising as he seemed to be trying to come to terms with all of this. 

Feeling like my brain was developing whiplash, I held a hand up in his direction as I once again pinched my nose between my fingers. "I-just..god. Okay. No, we're not talking about this. Danny, we will do lab work once you trace the text." Flopping my hand up and down in his direction, I hoped he got the point as I looked up at him. 

"What even makes you think I know how?" 

Smiling wryly, I answered his question. "Oh, I...I looked up your arrest report..so.."

"I-I was thirteen. They dropped the charges." He stressed, as if that was the part I cared about. It still proved he could do it. That was his question, right? I made a noise that showed how I felt about the situation, but he did not succumb. "No. We're doing lab work."

"Oh my.." I ground my teeth and stressed my hand out in frustration as I swiveled slightly in my chair.

Typing on my computer, I missed the look Danny sent to Derek behind my back. "Who's he again?"

Turning around to glance at him, I threw an arm over the back of my chair and looked at Danny. "Uhm, my cousin," I told him, looking back at my laptop. "Miguel."

"Is that...blood on his shirt?" He asked, causing me to spin around quickly in apprehension.

"Yeah, yes..well he gets these horrible nosebleeds. Hey, Miguel!" Looking at 'Miguel,' I directed my line of vision to my dresser. "I thought I told you you could borrow one of my shirts."

When I looked pointedly at the dresser again, he carefully shut the book he was reading and set it down on the bed. 

I looked away as he took off his shirt, trying to get Danny to trace the text again. "So anyway, I mean, we both know you have the skills to..trace that text so..um probably-"

"Umm, Stiles." Turning back to look at Derek, I tried my best to calm my irritation. "This. No fit." He said, tugging on my shirt. 

"Then try something else on," I explained, looking at him like he was an idiot for not thinking it himself. "Sorry.." Noticing Danny was paying attention to something much more sculpted than myself, I turned to look at Derek before looking back at him. Danny immediately turned away with a blush as I looked at him with an open mouth. "Whuom-heey! That one looks pretty good, huh?" Hitting Danny on the chest, I pointed over at Derek. "What do you think, Danny?"

"Huh?" He said dumbly, trying not to keep staring at my fake cousin. 

"The shirt." I pointed back at Derek with my thumb. 

Danny sighed before looking back at him and responding. "It's-it's not really his color." At the answer, Derek quickly peeled the shirt off his body with a dark look on his face. 

"You swing for another team, but you still play ball, don't you Danny boy?"

"You're a horrible person."

"I know, it keeps me awake at night. Anyway...about that text?"

"Stiles! None of these fit." He said angrily, waving a shirt in the air as I looked back to Danny pointedly. 

"I'll need the ISP, the phone number, and the exact time of text." From behind his point of view, I casually threw my arms up in success, an excited breath leaving my mouth. 

While we waited for Danny to trace the mysterious message, I got up and went into my dad's room, searching through his dresser until I found an old t-shirt that he no longer wore. Going back to my room, I threw it at Derek as I closed the door, ignoring the pissed off look he sent my way. 

Walking back to my desk, I sat in the chair Danny had previously occupied as Derek crept up behind us, peering over our shoulders. "There." Danny huffed as I leaned forward. "The text was sent from a computer. This one." 

Finally having a solid lead, Derek and I both leaned forward to see who it came from, only to be left in shock and confusion. "Registered to that account name?"

Danny nodded as I shook my head in denial. "No, no, no, no. That can't be right."

Looking back at the screen, I tried desperately to process the name staring back at us in red letters: 

Melissa McCall.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 1.1K 17
๐ท๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘ ๐‘ก ๐‘…๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘Ÿ๐‘ ๏ผŒ I have been sharping my quills in preparation for this years social season; which I ensure will be filled with as much...
302K 14.2K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
300K 5.9K 95
Querencia - a place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels at home; the place where you are your most authentic self Talisa Moreno Winne...
132K 2.5K 27
โ˜พ๏ธŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šข๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š› ๐š’๐šœ ๐šŽ๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š— ๐š๐š’๐š๐š๐šŽ๐šŽ๐š—, ๐šŠ ๐šœ๐š ๐šŽ๐š๐š’๐šœ๐š‘ ๐šž๐š—๐š–๐šŠ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š ๐š๐šž๐š๐šž๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐šž๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šœ๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š›๐š›๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š’๐š— ๐š•๐š˜๐š—๏ฟฝ...