The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 49

26K 978 80
By readergirl4343

It was 6:30am when Riley opened my blinds to wake me. I groaned and tried throwing a pillow at her but she just laughed, "You have to wake up, Thomas wants you ready for your date in half an hour." Riley said as she busied herself getting my outfit ready in the closet.

"Half an hour?!" I shot up, flinging the covers off me and quickly getting out of the bed.
I freshen up, brush my hair and get dressed in the outfit Riley picked for me.

Since we will be out in the cold weather I bundle up in jeans and a deep red coloured coat that has buttons at the front.

A black beanie to cover up my mess of hair and a matching pair of woollen gloves.
Also a pair of red heeled boots, the same colour as my coat. I make sure to add my Pandora bracelet to my wrist and a silver necklace that contrasts the red.

"I was instructed to send you to the area just outside the entrance, I assume there will be car waiting for you." Riley says and I nod as I go to leave my room.

"Thank you, I'll see you later I guess." I say on my way out the door.

"Enjoy your day miss." Riley gives me an encouraging smile.

I hurry down to the entrance, considering I have two minutes to be there. My boots patter against the carpet and I rub my hands together nervously.

As I leave the palace walls I feel the chill hit me, but I see Thomas waiting by a car a few metres away.
He's dressed casual but smart as usual.

"I'm surprised you made it on time." Prince Thomas said with a laugh from where he stood and I moved forward to greet him.

"I surprise myself sometimes." I say with a laugh and fall into his chest as he extends his arms for a hug.

As I put a hand to his chest I can't help but remember how good he looked shirtless, and I feel the solid build under his shirt.

"I wanted to be out early enough to get breakfast, so let's get going." Thomas explained as he took my hand in his and led us to the car.

It was a sleek black car that was polished clean, similar to the one I first arrived at the palace in, but not a limo.
Thomas opened the door and allowed me to slide into the seat. Then he slid in after me and closed the door.
As we buckled our seatbelts the driver asked where we wanted to go.

Thomas said some fancy name, Peggy something or other, and the driver took off quickly.

Throughout the trip Thomas had his hand resting on my thigh and it made my skin heat at the touch.
It was around a 20 minute drive, but the place we came to was definitely worth it.

"Wow." I said as I stepped out of the car, seeing the beautiful little cafe on the corner.
The walls were bright pink and there were flowers decorating the entrance. I absolutely loved it.
Thomas held my hand as he stood behind me and watched me curiously admire the cafe.

Thomas had to pull me away as the sidewalk became busy with people and we quickly ducked into the shop, escaping the cold.
A little bell chimed as we entered and the smell of fresh ground coffee hit my nose.
It was quieter than I expected, only one other couple in the back that seemed to be finishing off their food.

The prince took us over to the register and the lady looked up to greet us.
The women had blonde hair tied up in a messy bun, a pen stuck through to hold it in place. She looked tired and her apron was tied only very loosely around her waist.

She looked shocked when she saw us, doing a double take, then stuttered out an introduction, "H..Hi what can..n I get y..you today."

Prince Thomas seemed totally natural as he held me to his side, politely smiling to the lady.

"I'll get a cappuccino please, and a slice of your almond caramel cake thank you." He said then looked down to me for my order.

I looked into the display cabinet, "I'll have a latte and some of the triple chocolate cake please." I looked to the lady with a smile, pointing to the cake behind the glass as she took down our order. Who didn't love a slice of chocolate cake for breakfast?

Thomas turned to the tables, "Where do you wish to sit?" He asked, as there was many options of empty seating.

I took his hand and dragged him along to a table for two by the window, so we could enjoy the outside view of the bustling city streets. I pull off my gloves and hat because we are inside and place them down onto the table neatly.

As we sit I look to the counter where the lady is making our coffees and I see her nervously glance to us every moment or two.

"Why is she acting so nervous?" I ask Thomas as he sits down and leans back casually in his chair.

"Because she recognises us. The selection is aired worldwide and she probably has seen us on tv. I've been getting interesting looks and fans and such all week, I don't usually spend this much time in public." Thomas explains and I nod slowly.

Looking over to Thomas I see him watching me intently. He's wearing a light blue checked shirt and casual black pants, a relaxed look across his face that I like seeing on him.
"That must be exhausting." I say and the prince just shrugs with a neutral look.

"It's not to bad, it's nice to be recognised and have people know who I am. It'll make it easier for when I'm king." He says and I look out the window onto the street as he talks.

For when he's king.

"Here's your coffee."

The lady placed my latte in front of me and I smelt the delicious scent of coffee instantly hit my nose.
I thanked her and she gave me a shy smile, quickly returning behind the counter after she delivered the drinks.

Thomas looked over at me with a cheeky smile and sipped his drink.
I brought my drink to my lips and swallowed some of the warm liquid. It instantly made me feel more awake and warms my cool hands.

Nothing like a good coffee in the morning.

"So what are the plans for today your highness?" I ask causally and look to the prince.

He looks unhappy so I roll my eyes playfully and correct myself, "Tom."

"Hmm. Well after the other day I feel like you don't deserve it."

The prince sighs, "Look, I'm sorry if I upset you."

"You called me out in front of all those people about my outfit. Seriously. Not cool." I say honestly.

"I-" Thomas starts but hesitates, finding his words, "If I'm being honest I didn't want everyone seeing you like that."

"Like what? Working out?" I ask, "That's normal."

He sighs again, clearly trying to make sure he doesn't blurt out something else to annoy me, "But I know what those guards would be thinking about seeing you in that tight clothing. I didn't like it."

"It's not up to you." I tell him.

"I know. I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He says, sounding sincere, "I really don't want you to think I'm some awful controlling guy. I'm not trying to be."

I'm relieved he's realised his mistake. And I can tell it came from a place of genuine care for me, which I do appreciate.

"Thank you. I forgive you. Let's move on." I say, honestly relieved we've talked it out.

He then smiles and continues, "Well, for today I was thinking we could do some sightseeing. There's so many beautiful places around here to see. But I can't tell you too much." The prince said with a cheeky grin.

"Hmm, mysterious." I say as I eye him curiously, sipping more of my coffee.

I see the waitress returning, two plates in hand. She places the prince's in front of him and my chocolate cake in front of me.
The presentation is very extra, chocolate drizzle across the plate, a smudge of cream and delicately cut strawberries.

Thomas's almond caramel cake looks nice, caramel drizzle across his plate and blueberries on one side.

I tuck into my food, the chocolate tasting so good. This is definitely not good breakfast food, I'm gonna have to hit the gym later.

The prince and I make small talk while we eat and finish off our food. I spend some time gazing out the window, seeing so many people rushing to and fro.

"Finished?"

I turn to Thomas and nod, taking my gloves and slipping them back on. I put my wooly hat back on my head comfortably.
The prince stands and pulls a wallet from his pocket, it's full of cards and bills.

The waitress, seeing we are finished comes over and gives us the bill. Thomas doesn't show me it, simply paying and taking my hand in his before we head to leave.

"Excuse me sir?"

I turn as the waitress sounds concerned, she was counting through the money, "This is way too much."

Thomas just gave her a polite smile, "Consider it a tip, excellent service." The waitress looks stunned, unsure how to respond, but Thomas starts to walk to the door, pulling me with him.

Thats generous of him. Even if he's royalty, supporting others is admirable.

He leads me out of the cafe and into the street.

"Now were going to our next stop." The prince said, excitement evident in his voice as he takes me back to where his driver is parked.

We get back into the car and Thomas tells the driver to take us to the second location.

Again, Thomas puts a hand on my thigh and I can't deny I like having the comforting touch.

"So, you found out about Lola and Archie huh?" I say and Thomas looks at me unsure.

"How do you know about that?" The prince asked with a furrowed brow.

"Archie is so in love it's obvious, and Lola's my friend, I was going to find out sooner or later. I knew before you did." I admit and Thomas looks impressed.

"Well, I certainly was surprised to find out. But I had noticed Lola acting differently the past few weeks."

"So what's happening with them two now?"

"Well, Archie can either decide to marry her and she stays in London with him, or she decides she doesn't want to marry a prince and goes back to her home in Australia." Thomas says.

"Did you like Lola? She was in the Nobility so you must have some kind of feelings."

"It's not the same. I kept her because she was kind, friendly, Princess material. And my family loved her. I'm sure she'd do fine if Archie wished to marry her. So did the public, they impact my decision greatly. I can't marry someone if the public hates them." Thomas said, giving my leg a light squeeze.

I nod, "I guess that makes sense."

We drive for around 10 minutes before we arrive at our next location.

I step out of the car in awe as I look up, it's the London Eye.
The stunning views of the streets and the houses is pretty cool, it's so different from back home.

"Woah, this is cool." I say and grab onto his arm excitedly. He seems just as happy to see me smiling and he shows me something he's holding.

It's his black photography camera.

"I thought we could take some pictures." He says with a shrug and I smile.

"Ok, take one of me." I say and step back into the scenery, allowing him to raise the camera up to his eye level.
He snaps a few shots of me smiling and twirling in front of the busy streets of London.

I then rush over to him and take the camera from him, "Your turn." I say and he reluctantly steps back.

He does a smirk and I snap a picture. Once he thinks I'm done he turns away to admire the city for himself.

But I take a picture of him, standing there, one hand running through his hair and the other in the pocket of his jeans, the light casting against his back nicely.
He's so effortlessly like a model it's unfair.

The prince spins around when he hears the camera go off and I give him an innocent look.

I take a few more photos, and so does he, of the London Eye and us together. We even asked a passer by to get one of the both of us in front of the London Eye.

"Ok, now we've got a few photos how about checking out the Ferris wheel?" Thomas suggests, pointing a thumb towards the London Eye beside us.

"I can see it from here Tom, it's very pretty." I say and smile at the beautiful sight.

Thomas smiles and takes my hand in his, "No, Bells, we're going on it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 4.4K 19
NOW ON AMAZON - Sample only -------- A Prince rose from the ashes of his palace and destroyed his enemies with intelligence and courage. He brought v...
6.2K 134 35
35 girls. 1 Prince. An entire country watching. Arabella's world gets turned on its head when she enters the Selection, the contest for the eldest pr...
350K 7.5K 29
If there was a competition to win the prince's heart and become the queen wold you enter? it seems like a simple answer, but not for Emily. Emily is...
164K 5.8K 14
The Princess Competition. Brains may save you over beauty. The event of a lifetime. 20 girls are chosen to compete. 5 being either orphans or from t...