Always Remember (Wesley Strom...

By e3and5soslover

Laney is just a small town girl living in Ohio, but then her dad gets a job transfer in California and her fa... More

Chapter 1 'The Move'
Chapter 2 'Hello, Again?'
Chapter 3 'Hangout?'
Chapter 4 'Grounded?'
Chapter 5 'Sorry'
Chapter 6 'Just a Dream'
Chapter 7 'What Are You Doing Here?'
Chapter 8 'Sparks'
Chapter 9 'Talking'
Chapter 10 'You're My Secret Admirer?'
Chapter 11 'What Do You Feel?'
Chapter 12 'Movies'
Chapter 13 'Vacation?'
Chapter 15 'I love you not'
Chapter 16 'I'm in love with YOU'
Chapter 17 'Family Fun'
Chapter 18 'Don't Hate Me'
Chapter 19 'Are you Drunk?'
Chapter 20 'What Happened?'
Chapter 21 'Virginia'
Chapter 22 'I miss you'
Chapter 23 'Wait What?'
Chapter 24 'What Came?'
Chapter 25 'I'll Make it Work'
Chapter 26 'Promise?'
Chapter 27 'Christmas Shopping'
Chapter 28 'Road Trip'
Chapter 29 'I love you, Keaton?'
Chapter 30 'Merry Christmas!'
Chapter 31 'Welcome to New York'
Chapter 32 'New Years Kiss?'
Chapter 33 'Too Many Memories'
Chapter 34 'New Everything'
Chapter 35 'Need'
Chapter 36 'Second First Date'
Chapter 37 '3000 Miles'
Chapter 38 'Not Goodbye'
Chapter 39 'Surprise'
Chapter 40 'Doctor'
Chapter 41 'Not Expecting This'
Chspter 42 'House Party'
Chapter 43 'Wesley Jr.'
Chapter 44 'Complications'
Chapter 45 'It Can't be Time'
Chapter 46 'Magic Touch'
Chapter 47 'Time To Ourselves'
Chapter 48 'Baby Steps'
Chapter 49 'Big Day!'
Chapter 50 'Big Day Part II'
Chapter 51 'Big News'
Chapter 52 'Bora Bora'
Chapter 53 'Mystery Baby?'
Epilogue
Authors Note

Chapter 14 'Drew Day'

208 6 0
By e3and5soslover

Drew's POV
*Thursday*

I woke up with a text from Laney.

LANEYBABE- Hey we still hanging today Drewbear?
I chuckled at the name she used.

Me- Yeah! I guess....only if you take a shower though. You stink sometimes.

LANEYBABE- Whatever, you're worse...maybe that's why we're friends ;)

Me- Exactly. See you later babe. :)
I didn't even think before I sent babe.

LANEYBABE- See you Drew! :)

I got out of bed and decided to take a shower, so I wouldn't stink. I grabbed a tank and some khaki shorts and threw them in the bathroom along with my towel. I turned the shower water on and hopped in. I washed myself up and got dressed and headed downstairs. I decided to go over to Keaton and Wesley's house before I spent my day with Laney.

I pulled into their driveway and welcomed myself in since that's what I do every other time I come here. It's basically my second house, or my first. I'm here more than my house.

"Hey Drew!" Wes shouted from the kitchen.

"Sup Wes."

"I'm making a shake, want one?"

"Yeah I'll have one!" I walked to the kitchen and he slid me a cup full of the shake he made. I gave him a nod and took a sip.

"What's your plan for today?"

"I'm hanging out with Laney. We're just having a lazy movie day or something I guess."

"Oh," he sounded jealous.

"Wes don't worry, I won't do anything. She's like a little sister," I chuckled.

"Sorry bro, I know you won't. I just really like her you know? I've never liked a girl like this before. I- Drew, I think I love her."

"That's deep dude. You should tell her. She probably feels the same way. It's likely since you've been together for awhile now."

"But what if she's not ready for love. I don't want her to feel pressured into loving me back if she doesn't know yet."

"She is, trust me. You should see the way you two look at each other. You both are meant to be. She looks at you with such admiration and beauty, it really is amazing. She really really likes you, and when you use more than one really, it's love."

"Thanks Dr. Love," Wesley chuckled. We finished up our shakes and went to chill on the couch. We talked and watched TV for a good two hours until I went to meet Laney.

"I'll take good care of her, no worries Wesley," I shot him a winked and gave him a bro hug.

"But please don't mention me saying I love her yet, I don't know if she's ready," he warned. I gave him a nod and headed out to my car. I drove to Laney's house and she was waiting on her porch for me. She got up and walked to the passenger side and got in.

"Hey Drewski." She leaned over and pecked my cheek.

"Hey LaneyBabe," I shot her a wink and pulled out of the driveway. I drove back to my place and we went inside. She was looking through my movies and picked a couple out. I realized I had like no food in my house.

"Hey Lane you wanna run to the store with me real quick? I don't have much food here, and what I do have you wouldn't like," I chuckled.

"Yeah sure, let's go." We hopped back in my car once again and drove off to the store. We both went in and went to get some snacks. We picked up some chips and cookies and popcorn. We also picked up some pop.

"Hey Drew what about this," Laney winked holding up some beer. Just as she was doing so I saw Wes walk around the corner his eyes going wide when he saw her. I gave her a no signal and she gave me a confused look.

"Laney what are you doing with that?" Wesley went up behind her and took it. He put it back and she turned to face him.

"I was joking Wes, I'm not big on drinking anyways you know that. Why are you here?"

"I know, sorry. And I had to pick up some groceries for Keaton. He's kinda sick."

"Oh, tell him I hope he gets better, I'll text you later or something." She gave him a rather long peck on the lips and he turned down a different aisle.

"Sorry about that." She rolled her eyes busting out in a laugh.

"He's my brother, I know him too well. Don't be sorry, he just really likes you."

"And I really like him." We finished getting our things and I went to pay for them. We loaded all the bags in my car and headed back to my house.

"Can I borrow some comfy clothes? I wasn't really thinking when I dressed for today."

"Yeah in my room down the hall to the left there's a dresser and they're in the second drawer down." She walked back down the hallway and came back with a large pair of sweats that kept falling down and a hoodie.

"Cute," I chuckled as I got some snacks ready.

Laney popped a movie in and I grabbed some snacks. I put them in bowls and set them on the coffee table in front of the TV. Laney was already wrapped in a blanket on the couch and snuggled into a pillow. I sat in the chair and she whined.

"Drew sit with me! We are supposed to have a day together and we can't be together if you're over there."

"Damn, okay." I chuckled. I moved over beside her and she repositioned herself so she was snuggled into my side instead of the pillow. It felt awkward at first but I got used to it. We were enjoying the movies until our eyelids were getting heavy. I think Laney was already sleeping on me, even though it was only 6.

"Lane," I gently shook her. She just wrapped her arms around me tighter and groaned.

"Do you want me to order a pizza?" She shot up and nodded.

"Pizza sounds amazing as fuck right now!" I chuckled to myself and went to order it. I ordered a pepperoni pizza and breadsticks. We hung out and waited for the pizza to come.

"Why do people even like me Drew? I don't get what Wesley sees in me. I can't believe he's actually still with me. I'm so...out of the ordinary...different you know? It doesn't seem right Wes would like me."

"Laney you're crazy! I freaking love you! You're funny, gorgeous, and such a beautiful spirit. Wesley sees the same things I see. You're an amazing person Laney. You just don't see it. You're actually one of the coolest girls I've ever met. I don't usually run into girls who can skate, surf and eat pizza all together." I chuckled poking her side.

"Thanks Drew. Do you think Wesley like really likes me? I think I might love him Drew. I don't know how to tell him. Should I tell him? I'm afraid he's not ready for that, you know? He seems like one of those guys that doesn't get sappy with that stuff."

"Tell him Lane, definitely tell him. I think deep down he might me feeling the same way. You should see the way you look at him. The way he looks at you. You guys are defiantly in love, and you've fallen hard for each other."

"Okay. I'll tell him while we're on vacation, so then even if he doesn't feel the same way, he's stuck with me." She started laughing and the doorbell rang. I went to get it and grabbed the money on the counter. I handed it to the pizza man and took the pizza to the kitchen. I sat it down and grabbed Laney and I plates. She trudged in the kitchen and sat at the table. I sat across from her sliding her a plate. She immediately dug into her pizza scarfing it down.

"Don't judge me I'm hungry," she whined shoving her second piece in her mouth.

"I didn't say a word." She finished her second piece and was going for a third but put it back.

"Just eat it, I don't care. I'm not one of those guys that judges a girl if they don't eat a salad." I chuckled and she grabbed it again.

"Hey Drew, can I tell you something?"

"Anything."

"I've applied for a couple colleges, and some of them aren't around here. What if I get accepted and have to leave?"

"I think you should tell Wesley, and if he really likes you, you'll make it work."

"I'm scared to tell him."

"You've got to do it Lay, you can't hide it from him."

"I'll try," I sighed. We finished eating and I threw the trash away and cleaned up the dishes.

"We need to do this more often Drew."

"I know, I had fun."

"You're an amazing friend, I love you Drew," she leaned up and gave me a peck on the cheek. I think I blushed a little because she giggled when she pulled away.

"You can come to me for anything. I love you too Lane," I said pulling her in for a squeeze. I ruffled her hair as well.

"I think I better go, I've stayed with Wesley these past couple nights, my family probably misses me. Actually probably not, but I still better go home." She got up and went back to my room to change. She came back out and waited for me by the door. I grabbed my keys and we went out to my car.

Laney's POV

I was leaving Drew's and he had just pulled into my driveway. I gave him a goodbye peck on the cheek and I think he blushed again. It was so cute.

I went inside and talked to my parents for awhile. I was getting drowsy, so I went upstairs. I knocked on Sammy's door.

"Who?"

"It's Laney!" I exclaimed back and he opened the door. I sat on his bed after he lay down.

"Sammy, I have to tell you something. I don't want you to get mad though. Promise?"

"I promise," he rolled his eyes holding his pinky out. We locked them together and I proceeded.

"I-I...think I really like Wesley. Like really really like."

"You love him Laney," he corrected.

"Yeah that."

"I already knew. After I saw you two the other day, I knew you loved him. The way you look at each other. It's like you two were the only ones in the world."

"Why does everyone notice except me?" I complained.

"That's how it's always been with you Lay, I'm your brother, I know you. Same way you looked at Matt for awhile."

"Well thanks for listening Sammy, I'm going to bed. Goodnight."

"Wait Laney, I don't want you getting hurt. Be careful. You need to tell him though, incase he doesn't feel the same way, he can't keep leading you on. I know that's not the case though. He really loves you Laney. Goodnight. And turn the lights off!" I chuckled walking across the hall to my room. I jumped into bed and checked my phone. As I suspected I had a text from Wesley.

Wesley- Hey babe, just wanted to say goodnight. Hope you had fun with Drew today. Missed you!

Me- Goodnight Wes. I had lots of fun, but I missed you too!

I shut it off and tried to go to bed. All of my thoughts just kept leading back to love though. I can't get it out of my head. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if he does? I need to tell him though. I think I'll tell him when we're on vacation.

I got lost in my thoughts and drifted off to sleep to the faint sound of my music playing in the background on my phone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 689 33
Isabella's been through hell and back from her past and now with her ex-boyfriend. Her only happiness is when she's with Drew, Keaton, Or Wesley but...
6.8K 301 50
Saige and Wesley haven't seen each other since the day they broke up. They both claim they've gotten over each other, but deep down, they know they h...
193K 3.1K 29
Wes and Caroline really don't get along. He picks on her, and she really gets angry by his immature acts. But when Caroline's father takes a month lo...
21.7K 274 32
Kearra Briggs is new to Huntington Beach. She just moved here due to a transfer through the music agency she works for. She has become well known as...