Angel of Music

By LadyKnight

Juliet thought that she didn't want to love anymore. She is fine with her status as a wallflower in her schoo... More

Love is so hard to find...
Prologue
1. That destined meeting
2. Confrontations
3. Heaven
4. Countdown
5. Patience is a virtue... right??
6. Just before
7. You are pretty
8. The First Song
9. We can't be just friends anymore
10. Please wait for me
11. All I want is to hold you forever
12. Don't be afraid
13. Scared and Scarred
14. Right here
15. Winning
17. Waking up

16. Partying

478 8 2
By LadyKnight

The party was already at full swing by the time they arrived at Cam’s house.  Clarence took the keys from the ignition and happily climbed out of his car just as James did from the passenger’s side. He opened the door and waited for Juliet and Ellie to come out.

Clarence and James were a bit frustrated when Ellie suddenly decided that they stop by her house first so that she and Juliet could change. Apparently their outfits were “no-can-do” for the party, according to her. They were lounging along the kitchen, searching for quick snacks, when Ellie texted James that they were already inside the car.

Probably run to the car when neither of us was looking, Clarence grumbled to himself.

 A pair of long fair legs coming out of the car immediately caught his attention. He traveled his eyes from the black sandals she was wearing to the red halter cocktail dress that hugged every curve of her body. Thankfully, the dress somehow managed to hide the nasty bruise that she had just above her knee.

He gulped as his eyes moved more to her long raven black hair which was still styled as it was before, to her red and tempting lips, and to her emerald eyes that was accentuated with a smoky grey eye shadow.

Juliet was every bit as beautiful as she had a while ago. But if she looked like an innocent angel before, she now looked like a temptress who had no idea what effect she has on guys like him. His eyebrows furrowed as he thought of the guys he’ll be warding off her for the rest of the night.

Clarence jumped back a little as James suddenly appeared on his side and shoved his handkerchief on his hands. “Stop drooling, man.” James teased at him, laughing.

His laughter turned to a moan, though, when Ellie also came out in a green cocktail dress that cut short on the middle of her hips, exposing her flawless legs and matching brown sandals. She had green eye shadow on her eyes, making her chocolate brown eyes look warmer and thin bronze loops on her ear.

“Right back at ya,” he teased back, bumping James on the shoulder to snatch his best friend’s attention from the face of a grinning Ellie.

“Well boys, let’s go! This party is for us,” Ellie said, giggling. She took Juliet by her arm and dragged her to the house. He could hear her say, “Ellie, are you sure I look okay in this?” as they passed by,

“You look great, sweetie, trust me.” Ellie said, slightly annoyed. “Now, will you please stop pulling my dress downward? You’re ruining the dress.”

Clarence looked back at James who was still in a trance and staring at Ellie and Juliet as they walked their way to the house. “Let’s go, bud.” He said, tapping him on the back. “Better hurry and guard those girls,” he said lightly.

James shook his head and grinned. “Hell yeah, my eyes won’t leave her too even for a minute. Who knows what will happen if we turn our backs for a while.”

At the strike of midnight, Clarence had already scared away thirteen guys from Juliet. He refused to even walk away from her apart from the bathroom breaks he took every now and then.

It clearly didn’t help when Ellie was beside Juliet all the time, having her drink alcohol without Juliet noticing it while Clarence took those bathroom breaks. Sometimes, he wanted to groan at Juliet’s naiveté, she was really too innocent for her own good.

“Hey Clarensh, why aren’t you drinkin’?” Juliet asked him happily as she stood beside him on the garden. Thankfully, they were alone now. Clarence invited her for a walk outside for fresh air and fortunately, Ellie stayed behind because James was with her,

Clarence looked back at the house, seeing a couple of his schoolmates drunkenly make out. Others were passed out on the hallway while some were slurring and singing at the top of their lungs. He could hear them whining about not being able to win the tournament, but luckily, they didn’t took it seriously, well depending on what he understood from their slurred words.

“Hey, Clarensh!” Juliet repeated and Clarence turned his eyes to her once again. She looked a little flushed, a dreamy smile on her lips and her eyes were glazed over. He resisted the urge to kiss her even though she looked so adorable in his eyes.

“What?” He asked, amused. Grudgingly, he had to admit that a small part of him was glad to see Juliet drunk and to see her being this carefree, like she was not bound by her past.

“Why aren’t you drinking?” She asked him again, her glazed green eyes settling on his face. “The shtuff that Ellie made me drink tashted dishgushting but I feel really warm inside, you should try that too,”

“No thanks, Juliet. I’m not really fond of alcohols,” he admitted. “Besides, I have to ward you from the bugs, too.” He laughed to himself. So far, he had already swatted thirteen big bugs.

“What bugsh?” Juliet asked, confusion on her face.

“Those bugs who tried to flirt with you a while ago, don’t you remember them?” he said, unable to keep the grin off his face. Wow, was Juliet that drunk and she can’t even remember them at all?

“Really? I thought they were my clashmates. I didn’t know bugsh could flirt,” she said seriously. Clarence burst out laughing. Juliet was looking at him, confused and a little annoyed.

“Why are you laughing?” she asked, pouting. He just pinched her nose as he chuckled again. She slapped his hand playfully away.

“You’re just so freaking cute, that’s why.” He replied to her.

“Only cute?” She had on her pouting face gain and Clarence had to resist kissing her again right there.

“Of course, you’re also pretty, stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, attractive, lovely, exquisite...” He trailed off as she laughed. Clarence simply looked at her, noticing the way her eyes twinkle and hearing her musical laugh.

Perhaps it was the way the moonlight glowed mysteriously above them. It accentuated her face, enriching her fair creamy skin and deepening her already deep emerald eyes. When she stopped laughing and turned to look at him with a glowing smile on her face, his thoughts scrambled like ants.

He didn’t pause to think, and found himself lowering his mouth to hers. Her eyes widened then slowly closed. He could feel her hot breath on his face when a familiar ring tone once again filled the air.

Clarence drew back an oath as he fumbled around his pockets. He really was starting to think that he should have made his phone silent or maybe throw it away because it was literally destroying all his moments with Juliet.

Juliet was looking at him with amused eyes as he took out his phone from his pocket. He frowned, looking at the blank screen in front of him. If his phone wasn’t the one ringing, then whose was it?

“Sorry, our bad.” Both of them jumped and turned to see James and Ellie behind them, who were both grinning evilly.

Clarence groaned loudly. “I could seriously kill you guys. That’s just way too cruel.”

“You’re taking advantage of my poor best friend while she’s drunk, bud. I’ll never let that happen in a million years.” Ellie teased.

“Wish you were drunk too. How many did you give her, anyways?”

“Just three,”

“Just three?” He repeated as his eyes widened. Ellie nodded.

“Your girlfriend is not tough around alcohol, bud,” James teased.

“Ohhh, Ellie, you’re here!” Juliet happily said, standing to hug her best friend. “Can I have more of thosh dishgushting shtuff you’ve let me drink a while ago?” She slurred as she wobbled slightly.

“Nope, you’re going home, you’re drunk.” Clarence stated as he stood up to help her balance.

“No! I’m not drunk!” She said, her eyes drooping. “Ellie, where’s the shtuff?”

Ellie and James just laughed at her. “Julie, I really think you should go home with Clarence now,” she replied, amusement in her eyes.

“Aww I’ll just ask Shimon. Where ish that guy?” Juliet asked, pouting.

“He’s busy with Cam, so don’t disturb them.” James replied, chuckling.

Before she could take a step towards the house, Clarence already scooped her in his arms like a princess. She immediately tried to make him let her down.

“Don’t move so much! Your dress is sliding up,” Clarence warned with a groan. She suddenly went silent and still. He smiled and stifled a moan as her scent suddenly filled his nose.

“You’re making my head ache,” Juliet whined as they walked to his car. He just chuckled and shot James a grateful look as his best friend opened the passenger door for him. He placed Juliet gently on her seat and strapped on the seatbelt for her.

“Thanks, guys. See you,” he said to James and Ellie as he went to the driver side. He started the car and drove off, waving at them as he passed.

“You know, Clarence, you’re just the sweetest guy I know. I don’t think I’ll ever forget this night,” Juliet said softly, her eyes on him as he drove.

“You’ll forget it tomorrow morning. I bet that alcohol shook you up real good,” he replied, chuckling.

Juliet just smiled, her eyes drooping. They rode in silence for a while when Clarence finally realized that he didn’t know where she lived.

“Oh, damn. I forgot to ask. Where do you live, Juliet?” he asked and looked at her. She was sleeping now, a few strands of her hair framed her angelic face. Unconsciously, he reached out and tucked them behind her ear, his fingertips sliding down her petal-soft cheek.

Thankfully, the roads were deserted as it was already past midnight. He slightly shook Juliet but averted his eyes back to the road. “Juliet? Where do you live?” he asked softly.

She didn’t open her eyes, and merely whispered, “You’re just like Joe, Clarence. You’re just like him before he broke my heart.”

**

A'N: 

Two uploads in one day! LoL I loved writing this chapter, and I hope you guys love reading it too! No idea yet for the next upload because I'm also writing my other story, My Best Friend is a Playboy. Hope you guys understand :)

Comment, vote and add this to your RL, you guys! :)

Sincerely happy,

Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.2K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
15.4K 363 31
Life starts off just the way she like it growing up until it changes and she has to adapt to the point where it's all new. then when she get used to...
263 19 10
His heart skipped a beat, it fluttered and then started beating faster as she neared all the time. For the first time his heart agreed to his brain...
333 4 21
"that day I stayed out looking at the shop with instruments of all kinds but most importantly it had a piano that looked incredibly sad and lonely...