Vampire Royalty

By bellaPiiink

Melanie Meyer is an ordinary seventeen years old teenage girl. But when she meets Garret Stone, a vampire, ev... More

Vampire Royalty
Prologue: Meet Melanie Meyer
Chapter One: Melanie Meets Garret
Chapter Two: At the Cinemas
Chapter Three: Night Creatures
Chapter Four: Vampire World
Chapter Five: My Conversation with Jasper
Chapter Six: The King's Decision
Chapter Seven: Meet the Vampire Parents
Chapter Eight: Garret's First Love
Chapter Nine: Invisible
Chapter Ten: A Day with the Royal Family
Chapter Eleven: There's No Place Like Home
Chapter Twelve: The Truth about My Blood
Chapter Thirteen: The Carnival... And The Two Guys
Chapter Fourteen: A Drunken Mistake
Chapter Fifteen: It's In His Kiss
Chapter Sixteen: Amanda's Discovery
Chapter Seventeen: A Warning from Her
Chapter Eighteen: Truth Comes Out
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Take a Walk
Chapter Twenty: A Hidden Secret
Chapter Twenty-One: Unexpected Visitor
Chapter Twenty-Two: A Kiss in the Rain
Chapter Twenty-Three: Dr. Jensen Weston
Chapter Twenty-Four: Melissa's Shocking News
Chapter Twenty-Five: Disastrous Eighteenth Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Six: Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Disadvantages of Being Kidnapped
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Rescuing
Chapter Thirty: Goodbye, My Love
Epilogue: Coming Home
Author's Note
Vampire Princess

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Leaving?

56.7K 1.5K 79
By bellaPiiink

For the sixth time, someone knocked on the door. I sighed and shook my head slightly in disbelief. “Come in.”

            Not to my surprise, Lillian – Mom – stepped in, an apologetic smile on her face. “I’m sorry for barging in again, Melanie. But I have to talk to you. It’s something important.”

            I nodded, trying to hide my confusion. “Okay.”

            Mom walked to the chair beside my bed and sat on it.

            It’s the next day since I’ve been rescued by Garret and the others. Philip got out in time before Fiona could even think about what happened upstairs. When Garret deposited me in the hospital, my parents were so overjoyed to see me that I haven’t talked to Garret ever since I arrived at my parent’s home. Well, I guess it’s my house now since I’m their daughter… But it will take some time to get used to it.

            “So, Melanie,” Mom began. “Your dad and I talked about this last night. We decided that we’re going to start a new life… in London. Alexander has a lot of friends there – the duke of the Vampire World lives there and he owns a school.”

            I stared at her blankly. “So you’re saying that we’re going to live Springfield? Just like that?”

            “Honey, Fiona is on the loose,” she explained. “She’s a powerful and persuasive woman. She could gather up an army and take us all down. But we’re not going down without a fight. That’s why I decided to take you away from here. London is far enough. Besides, we could start a new life there.”

            “But what about your duties as queen?”

            “I appointed Xayranne and Flynn to take care of the matters here for the meantime,” she replied. “Everything is under control, Melanie. You can finish your fourth year in high school in London. You can even go to college there.”

            “Are we ever going back?” I asked quietly.

            Mom sighed and touched my cheek. “Of course we are. But after this is all over. The sooner we could leave the better.” She paused. “Well, we need to attend Xayranne and Flynn’s wedding. After the wedding, we could all go.”

            “Just like that? What about me and Garret?”

            Mom’s eyes flashed. “Melanie, listen to me. Forget about Garret. Do you understand? He’s nothing but trouble. He’s the reason why you’re in this trouble. If it wasn’t for him thinking to kidnap you seventeen years ago, then we could have been together.”

            “But I love him,” I insisted.

            “I don’t care,” my mom snapped. I flinched; I never heard her snap to me before. “Just leave him. Break up with him if you must. He’s trouble and I don’t want you for him. What if he’s really on his mom’s side?”

            “He’s not like that!”

            “How do you know?” Mom shot back. “He lied to us once – who says he’s not going to do it anymore?”

            I kept quiet. There’s a possibility Mom could be right. Garret could easily lie to us. He did it once and no one suspected a thing. But I knew deep inside that he already changed his ways. It would take some time to persuade Mom about this.

            “Fine. I’m breaking up with him.”

            Mom breathed a sigh of relief. “Great.”

            “But after Xayranne and Flynn’s wedding. I’ll make it proper… It’s going to be hard.”

            Mom nodded. “Fine.” She stood up from her chair and kissed my forehead. “I’ll see you later, okay?”

            “Okay. And oh, by the way, can I go to Chicago later? I’m going to say goodbye to Gwyneth and all of my other human friends,” I explained. “I’m not allowed to see them ever again, right?”

            Mom sighed and smiled in understanding. “Of course, of course. You’re not allowed to see them again. This is the time to say goodbye. Ask for Flynn to drive you there.”

            I nodded. “Okay. Thank you.”

            She smiled at me one last time. “Anything for you, princess.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

“You’re Majesty.” Flynn bowed.

            I stared at him with disbelief. “What? Why the hell are you bowing?”

            He stood up straighter and grinned crookedly. “Well, you’re the princess, aren’t you? I’m supposed to do that.”

            I flushed in embarrassment. “Don’t. It’s embarrassing.”

            “It’s a sign of respect.”

            I rolled my eyes. “I’m not used to this at all.”

            Flynn smiled sympathetically. “Well, that’s all right. You’re going to get used to it someday.”

            “Come on. I don’t want to be late,” I said and hopped in Flynn’s Lamborghini.

            He got in the driver’s seat and started the engine. The car vibrated to life and then Flynn started driving. He was driving slowly – for my sake. “Do they know you’re coming?” he asked.

            I shook my head. “No. It’s going to be a shock for them.”

            There was a moment of silence. I’m dying to ask about Garret but I don’t know what to say. Should I say, ‘How’s Garret?’ or ‘Where’s Garret?’ or ‘Is Garret ignoring me?’ Finally, I decided to ask the first one.

            “So how’s Garret?” I asked nonchalantly.

            Flynn’s shoulders slumped and he sighed deeply. “Depressed.”

            “Depressed?” I repeated.

            “Well, he’s regretting everything he told you after you were rescued – whatever that is. He wouldn’t tell. He just locked himself inside his room and never goes outside except for meals.” He glanced at me. “You know what, Melanie? I’ve never seen my brother like this before. Even though when that bitch tricked him and died, well… he never acted this way. I think you’re the real deal, Melanie. Please don’t hurt Garret. It would really kill him.”

            I sighed, remembering my conversation with my mother. “I’m leaving. After your wedding.”

            He smiled sadly. “Yeah, I know. The Queen appointed me and Xayranne to take care of everything while you three are away.”

            “I’m telling Garret after your wedding, too.”

            Flynn raised an eyebrow. “That’s a little bit late.”

            “If I’m going to tell him now, he’d freak out. He’ll do everything he can to make me stay. And knowing me, I would give in. I love him.”

            “And he loves you, too. Why do you need to leave?”

            I sighed once again and rested my head on the window, watching the houses that we passed. “Mom said it would help me start a new life – as a vampire. We could find a place to stay because the duke lives there and he owns a school.”

            “Would you come back? You know, in holidays and summers?”

            I shrugged. “I really don’t know. But I doubt that. Mom said the main reason for me to leave Springfield is to be far away from Fiona. I think we’re going to spend the rest of the holidays and summers there.”

            Flynn smirked. “Make sure when you come back, you will master the British accent.”

            I laughed. “Will do.”

            But then his expression turned to serious again. “Melanie, Garret loves you. And that’s a big thing because Garret rarely loves anyone – especially girls. I don’t want my brother to be hurt again. He experienced someone leaving him once… it couldn’t be twice.”

            “But I have to,” I insisted. “I have to leave. It’s for my own good.”

            “And what about Garret’s own good?”

            I gulped. “I think… I think it’s better for him to be away from me.”

            Flynn’s eyes snapped to mine. “What?!”

            “Hey, eyes on the road!” I warned.

            His eyes went back to the road. “But – but that’s wrong! It would be worse for him to be away from you. Not better!”

            “If he continues his relationship with me, he would be forced to fight against his mother. And I couldn’t live forever with the guilt of breaking their mother-son relationship.”

            Flynn ran a hand through his blonde hair that is so similar with Garret. “My mother-son relationship with her was ruined many years ago – even before you were even born.”

            I raised an eyebrow. “Oh?”

            “Yeah. I don’t really want to talk about it.”

            I nodded. “Okay. I understand.”

            “But, Melanie, be warned. If you ever leave Garret, he wouldn’t be same ever again. When you come back, don’t be surprised if he would act cocky or arrogant.”

            I just nodded because really, what do I have to say to that?

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^**^*^*^*^*^*^*

The front door opened of the Meyers residence. Gwyneth’s eyes went wide as she saw me. “Melanie? What are you doing here?”

            I waved. “Hi.”

            “Come here!” She enveloped me to a tight hug. I hugged her back, smelling her usual scent – jasmine. She always uses that jasmine perfume. When she let go of me, there was a wide grin pasted on her lips. “Oh, I’ve missed you!”

            “I missed you, too,” I replied softly. “Can I come in?”

            “Of course, of course,” she said. Then she looked past me. “Um… who’s that young man?”

            “Oh yeah, before I forget… Flynn, this is the woman who raised me, Gwyneth,” I said, gesturing to her. “Gwyneth, this is the brother of Garret, Flynn.”

            “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Meyer,” Flynn greeted her and shook her hands.

            Gwyneth smiled. “Please call me Gwyneth. And it’s nice to meet you, too.” She turned back to me. “So Melanie? What are you doing here?”

            “I’ll explain inside.”

            Gwyneth opened the door wider and Flynn and I stepped in the house that once I called home. She closed the door behind her and led us to the living room, where Melissa was wearing a loose pink shirt and leggings. She was watching 90210 while eating popcorn. When she saw me, her mouth dropped to the ground. “Melanie?!”

            I smiled. “Hey.”

            She hopped out of the sofa and buried me into another tight hug. I laughed. Melissa and I were very close even though we have a lot of differences. Like she being the popular girl and me being the invisible girl.

            She let go of me, her eyes still wide. “What are you doing here? Are you coming back?” she asked hopefully.

            The two of us sat on the sofa while Gwyneth sat on the armchair. Flynn, meanwhile, was leaning on the doorframe, watching awkwardly. I knew he was bracing himself for some drama that’s going to occur.

            “How are you?” Gwyneth asked, breaking the silence.

            “I’m good,” I replied. I figured she doesn’t want to know that I was kidnapped so I refused to tell her that. “How about you?”

            “Same old. Melissa’s having the time of her life with that baby of hers.”

            I turned to her. Melissa’s right hand was on her belly. “I’m only three months pregnant and I can already feel him or her.”

            I sighed. “If you really want to keep it, then keep it. I’m sure you’re going to be an awesome mother.”

            Melissa glanced up at me gratefully. “Thank you. You have no idea how nice to hear that.”

            Gwyneth cleared her throat. “So, Melanie. What brings you here?”

            I looked up and caught Flynn’s eyes. He shrugged as if to say, Go ahead, and tell them. I took a deep breath. “I’m leaving.”

            Melissa blinked. “Leaving? Leaving where?”

            “To London.”

            Gwyneth gaped at me. “London? But – but that’s far away.”

            “That’s the point. I need to be far away as possible. I want to start a new life. To start a new Melanie,” I explained. “I’m not coming back. Ever again.”

            There was silence in the room. Gwyneth was still staring at me, her face expressionless. Melissa, however, stood up and paced on the room. Then she threw her hands in exasperation and turned to me. “So that’s it then? After seventeen years you’re going to leave us just because you want to start a new life? And not even visit? How selfish could you get, Melanie?”

            I would have snapped at her if she just knew the situation I am in. But she does not so I didn’t say anything. She wouldn’t understand that my life and my family’s were in danger if we’re going to continue staying here.

            “Aren’t you even grateful with Mom for taking care of you after all these years? She could have left you in the streets after Dad died! But she didn’t because she loves you. Because she doesn’t want to leave you. And you repay her for leaving forever? Just because you want to have a fucking new life? How thick—”

            “Melissa, stop it.” Gwyneth’s voice was stern and hard.

            “Mom, can’t you see—”

            “I do,” she snapped. “Besides, Melanie is already eighteen years old. She can take care of herself. And Garret would be there for her. He wouldn’t let anything happen to Melanie.”

            Gwyneth turned to me and smiled sadly. “If you want to go to London, please go. You have all the right. You’re already an adult now. I know you are big enough to take care of yourself. But wouldn’t you really visit us? Even just for a while?”

            I sighed and shook my head. “I – I can’t.”

            “And why not?” Melissa asked coolly. “You don’t want to remember your past? You don’t want to remember the family you had once?”

            “You don’t understand what I’m going through!” I snapped at her. “I wish I could tell you but I couldn’t!”

            “Girls, stop it,” Gwyneth said sharply. “That’s enough.”

            I turned to her. “I’m sorry, Gwyneth, but I can’t go back here ever again. I just want to start a new life.”

            She sighed. “I understand.”

            A tear dropped from my eye. And before I know it, I’m already crying. Gwyneth enveloped me into a reassuring hug. “Its okay, Melanie. Please don’t cry.” 

            “I’m sorry I’m this selfish,” I cried. “But I have no choice. I have to leave…”

            I felt Melissa’s hand on my back. I also heard her sigh. “I don’t know what your situation is now but I hope everything is going to be okay. I just want you to know that you’re the best sister that I never had.”

            Gwyneth pulled back and I turned to Melissa. I smiled sadly. “You’re the best sister that I never had, too.”

            “Come here and let me hug you,” Melissa said and I hugged her.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Flynn drove me back to Springfield. It’s already eight in the evening. I’ve spent my last day with Gwyneth and Melissa on the mall and to other places we want to go. Flynn followed us even though I’m slightly annoyed with it. I told him to go on his own and that I can take care of myself. But he told me had some strict orders to follow me around wherever I go.

            Obviously it’s my dad who ordered that.

            “What about your human friends? Aren’t you going to tell them you’re leaving?” Flynn asked.

            “Gwyneth could tell them.”

            Flynn gave me a look. “I heard that this Jasper dude likes you. It’s going to kill him if you just disappear and never come back. And what about this Amanda chick? Isn’t she like your best friend?”           

            I winced, feeling guilty that I haven’t said my goodbyes to them personally. “Okay, okay. We’ll come back tomorrow.”

            “That’s more like it.”

            “Are you sure it’s going to be okay for you?”

            He snorted. “Why wouldn’t it be?”

            I smiled. “Nothing.”

            I rested my head on the window and closed my eyes. I thought about those memories I had with Gwyneth and Melissa at the past. Some of them were happy, some of them were sad. But I still feel miserable whenever I thought about it.

            A tear slowly rolled down my cheek. Flynn was oblivious, his eyes on the road. He couldn’t hear or see my heart breaking to pieces. I’m never going to see the two that I mostly love.

            Never.

____________________________________________________________

Updating inside the library for the first time! Sorry if this was late... My internet at home is not working properly. -.- But, no worries! Here is it. xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 43.6K 42
It’s been five years since Melanie Meyer left Springfield, leaving everything behind – her normal human life, her human and vampire friends and of co...
10K 169 34
Lillian Masen spent her teenage years in 1910's Chicago with her parents and her older brother, Edward. Besides her father hardly ever being home to...
6.4K 109 28
Luna was a lonely girl mistaken as a boy she wanted to have a normal life but she know she can never have one because she is a neko hating what she w...
21 0 51
People don't actually care, they're just curious. That's what eighteen-year-old Ace Meyers has always thought when it came to people wanting to get c...