Loss of Innocence

By AwesomeCo-Writers

*WARNING: there are descriptions of abuse and rape in this story. I strongly suggest that readers should be 1... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter SevenPointFive
Chapter Eight
Chapter EightpointFive
Chapter EightPointSeventyFive
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter TenPointFive
Chapter Eleven
Chapter ElevenPointFive
Chapter Twelve
Chapter TwelvePointFive
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter ThirteenPointFive
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter FourteenPointFive
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter EighteenPointFive
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter TwentyOne
Chapter TwentyTwo
Chapter TwentyThree
Chapter TwentyFour
Chapter TwentyFive
Chapter TwentyFivePointFive
Chapter TwentySix
Chapter TwentyEight
Epilogue

Chapter TwentySeven

18.1K 481 40
By AwesomeCo-Writers

NOT EDITED

Chapter 27

Nicolai Firenze

“Brother,” Jake captured me into a tight hug as my hands fell limp against my sides. “What’s wrong?” he frowned at my dejected expression.

“I sensed her there, Jake… She seemed so close… She was there, damn it! And I didn’t get to her on time,” feeling the anger course through my body, I pulled away and clenched my fists tightly. Now is not the right time to lose control and shift or to think about her.

“Who is she?” Jake’s questioning eyes bored through me. “You didn’t tell me that you have a…”

“Had,” I corrected, before telling him the tale of my first and last encounter with my mate. My perfect little human mate.

“You can’t be sure about that, Nick. You’re pretty sure that she’s human, so she couldn’t have been there. We all know that Baine is ruthless, but he’s not stupid enough to bring humans into this. He’d know better than that,” Jake patted my shoulder comfortingly before walking back inside.

“Sir, Alpha and Luna are on their way…” A patrol wolf announced before heading back into the forest.

At the thought of Arabella and Rylan, my chest began to ache as if someone had been stomping on it over and over. I shook my head, feeling a bit disoriented and angry.

Where am I heading? Shredded fabric fell to the floor as my paws dug onto the ground deeply. Why was fate so cruel to me? Tears blinded my eyes as I ran to no particular place. Why did I feel like this at the mention of Arabella and Rylan together?

I stopped running, feeling a surge of confusion and sadness fill me. It can’t be… I can’t be…

Mate…?’ My wolf whimpered sadly, taking in the all too familiar scent of hers.

“No. It’s just you and me, buddy. Just like how it’s always been,” I murmured, setting my head down on the ground. The all too familiar weariness and loneliness consumed me.

Four days later…

“Rise and shine sleeping beauty… Or should I say, beast!” An overly annoying voice screamed at my ears as he bounced around the bed like a damn kid.

“Yeah, wake up sleeping beauty!” Another voice chimed in.

Vibrant, green eyes stared back at me as Jake shoved him away playfully and hugged me tightly. “I’m telling mom!” Little David cried out, glaring at Jake.

“Well, we can’t risk you getting me into trouble now, would me?” With a great speed, he scooped David into his arms and tickled him mercilessly.

“Oh…Kay! Oh…Kay!” David managed to choke out.

“Promise me that you won’t tell?” Jake held out his pinky, causing David to giggle.

“Promise,” his little pinky enclosed around his as he sat up and ran for the door. “Mom! Jakey pushed me!” He screamed, slamming the door behind him and looking for Ella.

“He’s…Wow…” I stared at my brother, shocked at the playful mood he was in with little David. He had always been the uptight one. “His mom? Ella?”

“Yeah… Arabella explained to us everything. The majiks, the realm, the faking deaths…” he trailed off, looking at me with concern. “Before we get to that,” he slapped the back of my head. “What were you doing, dozing off in the damn forest? In your damn werewolf form too!”

“I…I…”

“Didn’t you know how worried we were? You were freezing to the bone and have been asleep for four whole days!”

“Four?” I whispered, horrified. It seemed it was had only been hours. I lifted my hands and stretched, taking the towel and change of clothes from Jake.

“Thanks, bro.”

“Not so fast! I need to know what’s wrong with you. Why we-“

“I’ll tell you about it after I take a much needed shower,” I shakily got off and walked over the bathroom.

“She has been missing for days now! Oh, Roland! I hope she’s alright,” a voice cried out as I stepped out of the room after my shower. “I can’t take this anymo-“

Absolute silence filled the air as I stepped into the room. Did I miss something? My eyes quickly looked down my shorts, checking if I had somehow put my underwear over them. Nope.

With topaz eyes as big as saucers, she let out a yelp and engulfed me into a warm hug. “Oh look at you Nicky! All grown up and so handsome!”

“Auntie Em?” I choked out at the realization of who the woman really was. She has been missing for years now.

“Oh, Nicky! I’m so happy you’ve decided to wake up! We’ve been so worried! What happened to you?” Her soft expression turned deadly for a second as she kept her arms tightly around my waist. “That was very stupid of you to go out there and… And…”

“Slept in the cold forest ground for four days? Oh yeah, don’t forget that he was in his wolf form, for the whole world to see!” Jake snorted, earning a glare and slap from Ella.

“You two…?” I trailed, watching his arms wound around her.

“Ye-“

“There is still no sign of her. I’ve sent out a search part to split up and search the forest. Meanwhile, another team is going from pack to pack, searching for her.” A tracker strode in, looking at Aunt Em sadly.

“Please do not stop until you find her! Poor little Sapphire! My innocent little girl!” Roland stretched his hands out and took Aunt Em away from me.

“Who is this Sapphire?” I questioned, her name causing my wolf to purr. I guess it’s the morning.

“It’s probably best if you rest a little, dear. Don’t worry about it,” Aunt Em gave me a small smile, before turning her attention back to the others.

“No,” I argued, feeling the uneasiness of my wolf. “I’ve been resting for four days; I think I can handle this. Let’s take this meeting somewhere quieter, so that you can give me the full details on this Sapphire girl.”

“Follow me,” Jake’s voiced out, taking us to Rylan’s office.

“Her name is Sapphire. We don’t know the specific details about her, but she looks very young. She has golden blond hair and blue eyes,” my mind wandered back to the memory I tried so hard to forget. “…She was supposed to go-“

“Hello? What is up with you, bro?”

Shaking my head, I urged them to continue. “Anyway, she never came back from her supposed run. All we have are some of the clothing she has worn and this,” he held out a necklace, with a small crescent moon hanging as a pendant.

“No…” I gulped, sensing the distress of my wolf. It can’t be her! It’s impossible!  “This is not happening. No. She was a human, Jake! You said that she couldn't have been there. No, no, no! ”  My wolf growled loudly as he pushed me back and took over. “Give it!”

My nails grew into claws and a snarl escaped my throat. “Give!” The tracker held out the necklace and I snatched it away.

“What the hell is up with you, bro? Seriously?” Jake shook my shoulders, earning a growl from my wolf. “Take control of your body, damn it! I need answers.”

“Seems like Nicolai found his mate,” Arabella intervened, sliding Jake’s hands away from my shoulders. “His wolf would be desperate to be with his mate, to find her. I suggest you leave him alone.”

Mate?” My wolf whimpered, sniffing the necklace in our hands.

“Mate.” I confirmed, closing my eyes at her delectable smell.

“I suggest you hit the road, lover boy. With that car and huge amount of cash, I’m guessing she wants to stay as far away from us as possible. Can’t really blame her with her past and all,” she turned to head out of the office as I finally gained control of my body.  “Please call off the search team. I think I bought her enough time to make her escape.”

“Why the hell would you do that?” I exclaimed, grabbing her arm and making her face me. The trackers stepped forward, ready to defend their Luna.

“It’s alright,” she held up her right hand, stopping them from advancing. “I did it because she deserved to live a life away from wolves. She’s already been scarred and broken by our kind, Nicolai. She…She reminded me so much of myself,” shrugging her arm away from me, I watched as she headed for the door again.

“What do I do now?” I whispered. Should I stay here and let her go again? Or should go after her and risk the chances of frightening her and having her hate me?

“If you really do want her, go after her. There has always been something about The Chase,” with a wink, she walked out of the door.

---------------------------END OF CHAPTER 27------------------------

SO SO SORRY! It's been so long!

Thank you to those who are still there to support this story. It will be coming to an end. As you can see... This chapter was more of a filler or a clue as to what my next book will be about.

What do you think about Nicolai getting his own story? A spin off of some sorts?

"The Chase"  Yes or No?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...
946K 24.2K 24
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ I was really inexperienced when I wrote this and quite dramatic. I understand that this book may not be everyone's favorite (even I cri...
27.2K 693 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
237K 9.6K 49
My book has been #272, #154 and #177 in Werewolf. Lincoln Rylan is a human, so why is she being terrorized by beast of the woods? She's lost her sis...