The Non British Princess

By readergirl4343

As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonw... More

Aesthetic + Note
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2

Part 45

26K 1K 222
By readergirl4343

Genevieve returned from her date with Prince Thomas grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
She even sent me a smile which made me uncomfortable and it was unusual how happy she was acting.

"Girls, I have an awesome place to show you." Genevieve announced to the room, "It's a wonderful hidden room, Thomas showed me it." She seemed excited and wanted to show us all. Some of the girls sent her curious looks.

Lexi rolled her eyes, "Count me out." And she left the room with Olive in toe.

As Hadley was now on a date with Thomas, it just left Harriet, Daisy, Lola, Natasha and I in the room with Gen.

Lola seemed intrigued and led the way, pulling Natasha along with her.
Daisy shrugged and followed after Genevieve so Harriet and I did so too.

I noticed we passed the kitchens and went further to the very end on the palace, a secret place I didn't know existed.

Gen showed us the hidden staircase and led as down through to the hidden room. The railing was dusty and I wondered if people even came down here a lot.
It was dark, but it was fun as we all laughed and chatted as a group. Genevieve didn't say much though, just glancing back to make sure she didn't loose any off us every once in a while.

Daisy was giggling and singing, "Hidden room, hidden room." And we were all laughing along.

Harriet took my arm and tried to reach the light, but just as she flicked the switch we saw Genevieve bolt out the door we came through.

She had a cunning, terrifying grin across her face as she left and slammed the door shut.
I felt my heart sink as I heard the lock click.

Daisy screamed and pounded her fist on the door, "This isn't funny Genevieve open the door." She tried the handle, just in case, but it was locked shut.

Genevieve let out a maniacal laugh from the other side of the door and it made me sick.

"Slit your wrists bitches."

After I had a moment to process what she said my vision went fuzzy and I leaned my weight to Harriet, "No!" I screamed, "No, it was Genevieve."

I felt like passing out and Harriet quickly called to the girls to help move me gently to the floor.
It was like the person from my nightmares now had a face, a maniacal twisted face of Genevieve.

"Shhh, you're ok Isabelle, you're safe." Harriet whispered and tried to comfort me by rubbing my arm gently. It wasn't working. The ground was ice cold and the lights were too bright.

Daisy tried to find something like water for me to drink but all she came up with was alcohol, "She locked us in the damn cellar." She says with a huff.

Honestly I feel so sick, terrified. Did Genevieve leave that letter too?

How long would it take someone to find us? They might take up to an hour or two to realise we are gone. But it would take longer to find us in this place, the palace is huge.

I could barely make out the figure of Harriet sitting beside me as tears blurred my vision.
"I've got you Izzy." Harriet took my hand in hers and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

At least I had some kind of comfort as I fell into a sleep full of nightmares.

✿✿✿

Despite dreaming unhappy dreams I didn't wake up screaming or sweating. My visions just blurred into black before I opened my eyes.

"Guys she's awake." Lola said to the room, and I saw her sitting beside my sleeping figure, giving me a sad smile.

Slowly, with support from Lola, I sat up and lent my back against the wall. Now the lights were on I could see properly.

Harriet was by the door, and I had seen her trying and failing to pick the lock.
Daisy and Natasha were sitting on the opposite wall, only around three metres away, looking at me relieved to have me awake.
I scanned the small room briefly, we were in the entrance area that was open and bare, but everything past that was shelves of wine bottles.

There was no windows or any other doors, only the one wooden door that was locked. This bloody hidden room was a whole lot of bullshit. Genevieve's lies.

"How long has it been?" I ask and Natasha turns and answers me,
"At least a few hours, more than 2, but I can't be sure." She explains softly, but still seems unsure.

I nod and duck my head, studying the dirty floor and the state of my attire.

"Hey, Isabelle, we want to ask what happened without making you upset again. I'm curious to know what that girl's been doing." Harriet moved over to sit on my other side and spoke quietly.

I nod, "It's ok," I breath in and out slowly, "I've been having someone getting into my room and messing with things."

I explain everything to the girls, and they all listen intently, Daisy covering her mouth in shock as I explain the first incident.

I tell them about the blood messages on the wall with the knife and the note about me being sent home, which I now assume was her too.
And now this, which is terrifying and effecting all of us.

"That's horrible." Natasha says once I finish and Lola seems to be shocked into silence. Daisy is nearly in tears and she hugs me as I continue my explanation.

"Yeah, what horrible schemes. And now she's gone and tricked all of us." Harriet says.

"I was terrified, I've had nightmares nearly every night since. Prince Thomas knows about it but we couldn't be sure who did it until now I guess." I tell nearly everything, nearly because I'm not going to tell them about my sleepover with the prince.

Daisy pulls me in for a hug, then Lola and Natasha wrap their arms around them and I'm squashing into a hug of sadness and warmth.
We all hug for a while until I'm nearly suffocated and we pull away.

However Harriet didn't seem to want to join in. And I didn't blame her. She was probably worried too.

"I hope someone can find us." Lola pleads with tears filling her words.

I whisper back so they can hear me,
"I hope so too."

✿✿✿

After waiting for at least another hour we had lost most sign of hope for anyone coming back to get us. It was after dinner and everyone would be heading back to do their own thing so most of the palace wouldn't be aware we are gone.

We hadn't eaten in over 4 hours and I was starting to become hungry.
"Does anyone have their phones? Anything to contact anyone?" Harriet asks with a willing tone in her voice.

Everyone shakes their heads no, we don't have pockets in these dresses.
Harriet sighs defeatedly and lowers herself to sit on the ground, groaning frustratedly.

Natasha suddenly sits up and moves closer to the door, "Do you hear that?"

We quickly all rush to be beside her and it sounds as if footsteps were outside, quite a distance aware but we could still here it.

"On three yell help." Harriet instructed, "One..Two..."

"HELP!"

We all yelled loudly but it was strained and I hoped these walls weren't too thick.
Daisy and Lola started to bang loudly against the door until we heard the 2 sets footsteps come closer.

"Hello?"

It was a guards voice, Officer Helton, I knew that.

"Officer Helton." I yelled desperately as loud as I could, "We're locked in." I banged on the wood with my fist.

"There's a key in the lock, hold on." I was relieved because after a moment I heard the door click open.
To my relief Officer Helton pushed the door open and looked at us with concern, a second guard unfamiliar to me behind him.
"What on earth are you doing in here, are you alright?" The Officer asks, scanning his gaze over all of us.

"One of the selected, Genevieve, locked us in. She's sick! She's the one been terrorising Isabelle." Harriet explained and the guard's eyes fell on me.

No wonder Genevieve had been smiling so sickly when she led us down here. My head felt heavy again and my skin grew cold.

"Miss, you don't look like you feel well. When was the last time you ate?" Officer Helton
examined my face carefully.

"Around 5 hours ago." One of the girls replies for me as I can't seem to speak. I hold my head, wanting to get a grip on my dizzying vision, but it doesn't seem to help.
Luckily Officer Helton holds me up before I tumble to the ground.
The other guard, who I don't know, checks up on the others girls.

"You need to see the doctors." Officer Helton says, and scopes me up into his arms effortlessly. My head is pounding and I realise I'm breathing heavily, "Thank god I found you. We were on the last duty around the kitchens and happened to hear you. No one ever comes down here."

"Ladies, you should get out of here. If any of you also want to go to get checked too then follow me but otherwise go get something to eat and have a rest. I will alert security of Genevieve immediately." Officer Helton commanded, and I just listened to him talk with my eyes closed.
The second guard led the way out and up to the main areas of the palace.

I don't know when I passed out, but it was some time when Officer Helton was carrying me to the first aid wing.

I just hoped Genevieve hadn't done anything irrational after she locked us up.

✿✿✿

I was only out for a few minutes and when I woke I was on a resting bed in the first aid wing, a cold towel draped across my forehead. I peeled it off my skin and placed it down on the table by the bed, the one with nothing but a fake flower vase.

I look across and see Harriet and Hadley both sitting in the waiting area, chatting as they sit across the room in two chairs.
I sit up and they look to me with happier expressions when they see I'm awake. I dangle my feet over the bed and prop myself up to face them.

"You're awake." Harriet says with a smile, standing and coming to sit on the bed beside me. She is freshly changed and her blonde hair is now tied in a messy bun.
Hadley stands too and gives me an encouraging glance, placing herself on my other side. She looks neat too, her orange hair pulled back into a low pony that shows her hoop earrings.

"Where's Genevieve?" I ask and their expressions look strained as they glance nervously to one another.

"She was with the prince when the guards got to her. Apparently she was trying to force herself onto him. The guards explained what happened and he's having her sent home, she might even face charges." Hadley explained, making sure I'm calm and explaining slowly.

I scowled, "She should, she's a bitch."  I wish she could be imprisoned for what she put me through. I knew she didn't like me but she went too far.

The girls both nodded in agreement and Harriet smiled at my annoyed attitude.

"Where's Thomas?" I ask, wanting to tell him I was alright and hoping he was alright to. Genevieve is a scary girl.
"He had to deal with Genevieve, there's a lot figure out and the news would go crazy over a story like this, but he doesn't want it to go to the public." Harriet explained.

I nod in understanding, "So I assume Harriet told you what happened?" I ask Hadley and she nods.
"I'm sorry it had to happen to you, it was horrible." Hadley said and put an arm around me in a hug.

I did wonder that, why she would torture me over any of the other girls. Maybe she thought I was her biggest competition, or maybe she had some other reason I didn't know about.

Harriet followed and put her arms around me too. We sat quiet for a moment and I realise that if Genevieve was gone that left only 8 of us in the competition.

"Hey, you know what, we made it to the Nobility." I say quietly and the girls smile at that.
"We did." Harriet says happily and leans her head on my shoulder, "Together."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

350K 7.5K 29
If there was a competition to win the prince's heart and become the queen wold you enter? it seems like a simple answer, but not for Emily. Emily is...
1.4M 34K 40
AnnaMaria Romanoff grows up with an adoptive family, thinking that her biological parents were working class citizens of the country of Chirnova, who...
2.4K 59 21
The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite, and Prince Ethan Noah Schreave's time to make his decision is running out. His choice must be both...
338K 14K 30
*HEAVY EDITING IN MOTION* The Chosen Princess (Interracial) * ******THIS BOOK IS CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. SOME CHANGES MAY OCCUR****** The Chose...