Dolore di Layla

By MzTitania

Married to a man who would go to ends of the earth to make her happy, Layla didn't live the picture perfect l... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
THE ASSASSIN'S TALE

Chapter 4

3.1K 78 0
By MzTitania

These past two weeks as Mrs Lucasino had been quite uneventful. I rarely saw my husband talk more of spend time with him. I would wake up every morning to an empty bed, it was either he had already left for work or I'd meet him having breakfast ready to leave and at night before he comes home I'm already fast asleep.
I should have known it would be this way given the sort of business my husband was into. It was breaking my heart. We were supposed to be on our honeymoon but that too had to be canceled because something very important was going on with the Lucasino mafia empire.

Apart from the issue of Xaviar and I spending less time together, my stay at our three storey mansion had been okay.
The only thing that made our home less lonely were the maids and guard who were littered around at my disposal.

This morning like all other days I had woken up alone to an empty bed. Rather than starting my day and going down for breakfast, I remained in the room. I was already getting tired of the whole boring routine.

A knock on the door disturb the peaceful silence I had been enjoying in the master bedroom
"Yes!"

The door opens and a brown haired female around 5'5 who looked to be in her teens walked in. She seemed new, I hadn't seen her here in these past two weeks.

"Ma'am lunch is ready" She said totally avoiding my gaze with her eyes permanently stuck on the floor like there was something interesting about it.

"Did Xaviar instruct you to keep your eyes down when speaking with me??"

"Wh-hat?- n-no ma'am" She stuttered

with the way she was behaving around me I was beginning to think I had transformed to some sort of beast

"Then what's with all the eyes down and stuttering??"

"I'm sor-ry"

"please stop. I'm just 21. All these formalities aren't necessary "

I saw a small smile make its way to her face at the end of my sentence and she finally met my gaze

"I'll be down shortly for lunch "

"okay ma'am" She said before exiting the room.

Two minutes later, I pulled my lazy self off the bed and headed to the bathroom for a shower.
Steam had fogged the mirror by the time I was done with my bath.
Moving to the walk in closet, I settled for a mini halter neck dress. Holding my hair up in a messily loosed ponytail, I gave myself a final look in the mirror before making my way to the dinning area

The moment I stepped out of my room, my guard followed right behind me
"Buon pomeriggio signora"
(Good afternoon ma'am)

"Good afternoon Blanc, how re you today?"I asked turning to offer him a smile. In my opinion,Blanc was a stiff male. No smiles no laughter just a permanent frown. He had no sense of humor but I guess that was expected from him.

He pulled the chair out for me and I whispered a thank you before sitting. The maids made their way out bringing the different dishes to the table.
For an antipasto dish, Bruschetta which has grilled bread topped with veggies, rubbed garlic and tomato mix was served alongside spaghetti alla puttanesca which is the main dish.
Few minutes later, having less of an appetite I ate little portions of the delicious food and exited the dinning room.

I was awakened suddenly by loud knocks at the door. I must have drifted off to sleep in the media room while watching Titanic. The story of Jack and Rose's sad love story on the Titanic ship was something I could never get tired of watching, coupled with the fact that I had a crush on Leonardo Dicaprio while growing up. I was totally infatuated with it as I wanted that sort of love except the dying part though. It must have been really hard on Rose watching a man she loved die and getting to live without him. That part always made me a crying mess.

My hands rubbed my eyes in an attempt to chase away my sleepiness before I heard another knock
"Yes!!"

The doors were opened and Blanc walked in with a shopping bag.
"Boss says to give this to you. There's a letter in it for you "

He hands it over to me and I immediately take out the letter to read with him standing rooted in place

"get dressed and be ready by seven. Blanc will bring you to me." That was all the card said, Nothing else. It didn't even disclose where I was going to meet him although I guessed Blanc must have known the location.

"Thank you" He nodded before finally exiting leaving me behind not knowing where to start from in the preparation.

Raking through my items in the closet, I finally settled on a Christian Louboutin black daffodile leather heels along with a clutch from the same brand. Putting on the Jovani Red bell sleeve lace short evening dress my husband had gifted me, I straightened my hair letting it flow down my back neatly before applying a red lipstick as the finishing touch to my look.

There was a slight knock on the door as I picked up a Cartier mother of pearl, onyx and diamond necklace and earning from my jewelry box

"Signora, The car is ready, capo just informed he's on his way to the location " Blanc spoke from behind the door to the master bedroom

"I'm coming!" I replied picking up my clutch and hurrying out.

True to his words, the cars were ready as I walked out of the building. A Mercedes CLS, along with a black Rolls-Royce cullian parked behind it
I was seated at the back, Blanc at the passenger seat and the driver drove off to the unknown destination with the Rolls-Royce following trailing behind us. I didn't need a soothsayer to explain why the other vehicle tagged along. It was obvious it contained three extra guards for my protection.

The vehicle begun slowing down and I caught sight of a bright colorful sign
Lucasino's

It was one of my husband's establishments, an Italian restaurant. The vehicles came to a stop and I alighted making my way into the restaurant with TY a guard from the Rolls-Royce leading the way and Blanc following behind us.
The first thing I had noticed was there was no paparazzi in sight which was quite strange.
The door man held open the door and I was greeted with the most unexpected sight as I walked in. There were elegantly dressed couples, families and friends seated in various tables enjoying their night. Now I understood what my husband did, this was simple date in a perfectly normal life with no paparazzi or anything of that sort.

My eyes caught sight of Xaviar who was dressed handsomely in an expensive suit, his hair held up perfectly with a wide smile on his face and I made my way over to him immediately.
"Tesoro" he gave me a quick kiss to the lips and we took a window seat with the guards seating somewhere behind but I could still feel their eyes on us

"Sembri così affascinate con quel vestito "
(you look so charming in that dress) his eyes stared at me intently

"Thank you" I gave a genuine smile.
"The dress is really beautiful"

"Se avessi saputo che saresti stato così sexy avremmo potuto rimanere a casa e fare uno spettacolo per me "
(If I had known you were going to be so sexy we could have stayed home and have you put up a show for me)
His eyes glistened, his innuendo didn't go unnoticed.

"Xaviar! Oh my goodness!! Hush! Someone might hear you " I whispered which earned a chuckle from him

"I don't care. Besides there's nothing wrong with wanting to do things with my wife " His lips curled mischievously while filling our glasses with 'The taste of diamonds' champagne.

I coughed awkwardly and looked around hoping no one had heard our conversation or noticed that his words affected me.
Thankfully, the waiter walked over to our table saving me the embarrassing situation. We were served with different meals ranging from Caprese Steak to chicken piccata to Penne all'Arrabbiata and finally Chicken Cacciatore.

"you ordered without me?? Not fair"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you'll enjoy every bit of it " his eyes stayed on me longer than usual

I hummed and took a sip of the wine. There was a refreshing taste of floral and a somewhat creamy texture.

"so what's the occasion?" I questioned as we dug into our meal

"I figured we should go on a date as I'm rarely available "

"hmm this is really good. They're all so good I don't know which is my favorite" I voiced savoring the taste. I heard him chuckle

"Trying to buy me over with food??Really Xav?!?"
I gazed at him with an eyebrow raised

"Well I can say it's working perfectly "
His eyes squinted slightly as he laughed, that little action made my heart flutter in delight. This man before me was my life.

"Least I forget, mom's planning a family dinner in a few weeks. She says it's to welcome you into your new family "

"What?? We've been married for two weeks babe. Is it really necessary for a welcome dinner?!" I didn't want to be in the same environment as those cruel people

"They're just trying to be friendly bambina "

I scoffed at his mention of friendliness, that family was anything but nice
"Okay" I said in a boring tone

His cell phone rang and he picked up placing the device to his ear

"si Diego"
taking a bite from the Chicken Cacciatore, I rolled my eyes as he spoke. Even on our date night, work still found a way to butt in.

"Loro sono qui?"
(they're here?) I felt his form stiffen after those words

"Xaviar?? Is everything alright??" I dropped the cutlery and moved my hand to his fingers on the table. He in turn motioned for me to calm down

"Blanc la porterà a casa. Vieni subito qui Diego!"
(Blanc will take her home. Get here now Diego!) at the mention of my guards name, Xaviar signaled him over and he moved towards our table

with the serious look my husband held I knew all was not okay
"What's going on Xaviar?!?" I questioned warily immediately he got off the phone

"calm down babe. Blanc will take you home and I'll join you soon. " He spoke in a soothing manner but that did nothing to calm my nerves that were already at the edge

Blanc had just reached our table as I was about to object and further question him

"Portala a casa in sicurezza Blanc. I Torreslander sono qui "
(Take her home safely Blanc. The Torreslanders are here)

Non second after Xaviar had voiced these words, the sound of gunshot rang in the air and bullets flew across the restaurant shattering the windows and glasswares.

I was pulled roughly from my seat as the people in the room began to scream and run in various directions. While some rushed to the entrance, others ran to take shelter

"Attraversa la porta sul retro!"
(Go through the back door) I heard Xaviar yell while pulling out a gun from his shirt. as the order was given, Blanc rushed me in an unknown direction.

"We can't just leave him!! " I cried looking back to see about ten men had surrounded Xaviar and three other guards

"trust me signora, capo can take care of himself. It's you who needs to get to safety "

we hadn't even gone far enough when five hefty men cornered us at the way leading to the back exit

"look what we have here boys. Leaving so soon Mrs Lucasino " one of them, a man who had a slit to his cheek spoke

Blanc hid me securely behind his back and out of their sight but it felt like they looked through him. My heart thudded so fast in fear it felt like I was going to pass out.

"Give us the girl Blanc. Our boss just wants a quick chat with her " He snickered

"sul mio cadavere"
(on my corpse) My guard muttered dangerously. I must say his bravery intrigued me.

"that can be arranged" another replied as they pulled out their guns

Their movements were fast but not as fast as Blanc. In a split second he had shot two dead, their bodies falling lifeless. The others attacked with Blanc somehow dodging their attacks, fighting back and still protecting me at all cost. Now I understood why Xaviar hand picked him as my guard. The man was skilled with multi tasking.

Blanc was currently tackling one of the men when I saw another sneak up behind to harm him, my instincts kicked in and I immediately picked up one of the glasswares crashing it on his head , his body instantly falling limb.
My guard nodded at me as a thank you.

The large bulky man whom He was currently having a fist fight with took that as an opportunity and lifted him up and threw him to a wall, Blanc fell down coughing out blood profusely

"Blanc!" I screamed running towards him but my body as pulled back by large arms.

The man with the slit cheek from before moved towards Blanc weak body like a predator. His foot coming in contact with the stomach of my guards' helpless figure over and over again.
tears rolled down my chin watching how brutal a person could be.

"No! Please don't!!!" I begged hopelessly as the vile man pulled out a gun and pointed directly at his unmoving body

Without even a second thought, I watched in horror as he planted a bullet deep in Blanc's body

"What kind of a man are you!! How do you live with yourself!!!" The two men held me in place as I yelled at the man who had just killed Blanc

" Shut the fuck up! It's not like your husband is any better " He retorted casually strutting towards me

his eyes raked over my body shamelessly and he licked his lips.
"why don't we have a little fun before we head back to my boss "

the man brought his hand to the side of my face, I quickly cringed and slammed my foot on his painfully.
"THIS BITCH !!!" He yelled. His palm connected to my cheek making my face swing to the other side in a flash.

" I'm gonna--" his words cut short as a wicked smirk decorated his face
" why don't we go see how your husband is holding up "

He grabbed a handful of my hair roughly and pulled me along with him while I screamed and yelled in his tight hold.

"I wouldn't make any drastic move if I were you Xaviar. Look what we found crawling up through the back "

at the mention of my husband's name, my ears perked up and struggled in his hold to see Xaviar

"You didn't even have the courtesy of inviting Master Torreslander to the wedding " He dragged my head up finally and I took in the sight before me. There were about twenty enemy men in the room surrounding us

Xaviar's perfectly held up hair was now loosed and flowed down his face. His white long sleeved shirt stained with blood, his suit no where in sight.

"Let go of her Marcus!" His voice sounded so dangerous

Marcus, that was Mr slit cheeks' name

"now why would I do that?? Master wants a bite of her beauty too " He retorted

"Let's finish with them quickly and leave " another man spoke, his gun pointed at Xaviar and his men. The audacity of that man baffled me, I mean for a man who would put Shrek to shame, he shouldn't be speaking, he shouldn't even be allowed to hold a gun with that sort of face. It took all my will power to not tell him to shut up right there. With a face like that I'm sure even as a kid Barney wouldn't want to be imaginary friends with him maybe that's why he decided to join this sort of business. I mean if I had that sort of face, I wouldn't be able to look at a mirror without having a mental breakdown.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you " Xaviar grunted out without an ounce of fear. That guy was too ugly to be taken serious.

"and why is that Xaviar Lucasino??" Marcus mocked

"perchè ti farà uccidere"
(because it will get you killed) I turned my head to see Xaviar's hands clenched and his eyes as cold as ice.

In a split second after saying those words, Marcus' body slumped to the ground lifeless as blood slipped from a bullet hole on his head.

with the man leading the chaos dead, there was an uproar of total commotion as no one heard the sound of the gun or saw who had shot the man.
that was when Diego and more of our men walked out fully armed. This meant victory for the Lucasino empire.

The two men who held me moments ago fled for their lives and my husband briskly made his way to me

"I'm here tesoro. Everything will be okay " his voice was soft as he scooped me in his arms

" I want to go home" my voice was a mere whisper as anxiety begun kicking in

just as we started making our way out through the back door of the once elegant restaurant, Diego spoke
"What should we do about them Xaviar?"

"Uccidili tutti"
(kill them all)He replied without sparing a glance

placing me carefully in his Mansory Vivere Bugatti Veyron, he got into the drivers seat stepped on the accelerator. Speeding his way down to the Lucasino estate.

parking at the drive way, he pushed the door open and carried me up to our room, I could hear gasps and whispers from the maids at the sight before them.
he took me straight to the bathroom, discarding both our cloths on the floor and led me to the shower

few minutes on silence except the sound of water dropping on our figure he spoke to me
"tesoro you been awfully quiet. Are you hurt?? Did they do anything to you??"

I wanted so badly to say I was okay but I could speak yet everything I had witnessed was too much for my timid mind.
Since I had no words to say, I just wrapped my arms around his hard biceps

seconds later, we got out of the shower and got dressed. Again Xaviar carried me in his arms to the king sized bed. Placing me on my side of the bed, he laid beside me pulling me close.

"Vai a dormire piccola ti sentirai meglio al mattino "
(Go to sleep baby. You'll feel better in the morning)
his lips touched my forehead in a kiss.

soft snores filled the room moments later signaling he had fallen asleep.
My mind kept wondering aimlessly due to the encounter of today.
I wasn't forced into this, I had solely hand picked this sort of life because I was in love with Xaviar.
I didn't think about how dangerous it was, I just ran into it like the little mermaid who didn't think about what she would loose in order to gain human legs
the memory of Marcus shooting Blanc replayed in my head over and over again and I couldn't help but think.
my guard had actually died before my eyes .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 40.5K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...
285K 7.1K 50
Carter Romano is tired of the mafia life. To get his freedom, his father makes a deal with him to kill their biggest enemy, Rossi. In searching for t...
49.9K 1.7K 65
"I knew it.. I knew you were alive!", he breathes wryly. "I missed y..ou..", he breathed and stretches his arms to wrap around her but she steps back...